A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

Just a passing observation.

GOONS: 49
Mushroom Kingdom: 84
Umbrella: 4

Shouldn't all of Doomhouse come out of PM if they want to issue demands that all of NPO come out of PM?

I mean, I understand Umbrella doesn't like to sit on its hands all day, but is Doomhouse is unsure of whether they can actually win this war exclusively in the low tier?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest avenger218

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' timestamp='1300609334' post='2670990']
DH's propaganda department at least has logic behind their arguments :v:
[/quote]
since when is Paranoid assumption Logic?
DoomHouse made a extremely Paranoid assumption that NPO was going to attack them.
DoomHouse seems to be afraid of anything resembling an alliance lately.
Their attack on NPO was out of fear. or was it?
also I haven't lost yet. DoomHouse just won't admit the true motive behind their unprovoked attack. They never feared a Pacifican return to power, Both Liquid Mercury and Archon said after Karma that NPO would never have the political capitol to be what they once were ever again.
no, DoomHouse didn't want to prevent a Pacifican return to power, they wanted to secure a DoomHouse rise to power. NpO and NPO were in the way of that.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1300608073' post='2670976']

hey look, you didn't read what i said.

[/quote]

I read precisely what you said. You called me a hypocrite while claiming I was doing exactly what AAAAAAAAAGGGG was doing. Ipso facto you are calling AAAAAAAAAGGGG a hypocrite.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1300613012' post='2671002']
I read precisely what you said. You called me a hypocrite while claiming I was doing exactly what AAAAAAAAAGGGG was doing. Ipso facto you are calling AAAAAAAAAGGGG a hypocrite.
[/quote]

Ugh, incorrect context to drop ipso facto. At least you didn't put it in italics or something corny like that though.

Also, you were looking for modus ponens, since you were trying to make that particular logical operation/relation (whereas ipso facto is a shorthand term used in a few fields to convey a concept that doesn't apply in the way you were using it, along the same lines as res ipsa loquitor but more general).

Edit: I just realized this is probably the last place on earth that I should nitpick about actual logic.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1300608994' post='2670989']
You mentioned TOP, TOP is a puppet, always has been, always will be.
TOP's done alot for other alliances, they haven't done squat of their own accord.
TOP has never stood on their own 2 feet, ever.
[/quote]

avenger218, I'm sorry that you're obviously, by your tone, upset that TOP and MK have virtually crushed your alliance and your leaders have resorted to escaping to peace mode and abandoning your lower nations, but trying to run down, discredit, and diminish the importance of an alliance that is recognized world wide as a pretty big mover and shaker of global affairs isn't doing you any favors. The things you are saying are patently untrue and your tone suggests hysterics. NADC is a fine alliance doing it's best to fulfill her treaty obligations- just like we are. No more, no less. Don't sully your alliance's name by spitting your verbal vomit all over the forums.

It's understandable, considering the position your alliance is in, to be upset. You can't win them all. But take your discourse to a higher level (by using more fact and less opinion) and more people will respect you and listen to what you say, even if they disagree.

I haven't heard from any of my alliance comrades about any particular grudge against NPO or NADC, other than one is the current enemy combatant and the other is engaged with our ally. We just happen support our allies and their goals as fervently as we pursue our own.

Good luck, ect., ect.

Edited by Kzoppistan

Guest avenger218

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1300614394' post='2671005']
avenger218, I'm sorry that you're obviously, by your tone, upset that TOP and MK have virtually crushed your alliance and your leaders have resorted to escaping to peace mode and abandoning your lower nations, but trying to run down, discredit, and diminish the importance of an alliance that is recognized world wide as a pretty big mover and shaker of global affairs isn't doing you any favors. The things you are saying are patently untrue and your tone suggests hysterics. NADC is a fine alliance doing it's best to fulfill her treaty obligations- just like we are. No more, no less. Don't sully your alliance's name by spitting your verbal vomit all over the forums.

It's understandable, considering the position your alliance is is, to be upset. You can't win them all. But take your discourse to a higher level (by using more fact and less opinion) and more people will respect you and listen to what you say, even if they disagree.

I haven't heard from any of my alliance comrades about any particular grudge against NPO or NADC, other than one is the current enemy combatant and the other is engaged with our ally. We just happen support our allies and their goals as fervently as we pursue our own.

Good luck, ect., ect.
[/quote]
3 years ago your allies were NPO, The Continuum and 1V, 2 years ago and your allies were C&G (Karma war), last year your allies were Duckroll (TOP vs C&G), this war your allies are MK and pals again. TOP has always been the follower in her relationships. I mean when has TOP ever opposed a NPO CB when you were in the COntinuum, when you were in Karma, you didn't question them either. TOP vs C&G you were IRON's Maid servant. This war TOP has never once questioned MK's extremely slippery slope CB.
you just blindly followed them in.

I remember the days when TOP members would post pages upon pages of o/NPO or o/ Pacifica when you were in the Continuum. now here we are, TOP is running flanking defense for MK, fighting as a puppet in MK's unprovoked war of aggression against innocent NPO. Yeah TOP is the mover and shaker alright, too bad MK is the one moving and shaking TOP.

Edited by avenger218

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1300614908' post='2671008']
3 years ago your allies were NPO, The Continuum and 1V, 2 years ago and your allies were C&G (Karma war), last year your allies were Duckroll (TOP vs C&G), this war your allies are MK and pals again. TOP has always been the follower in her relationships. I mean when has TOP ever opposed a NPO CB when you were in the COntinuum, when you were in Karma, you didn't question them either. TOP vs C&G you were IRON's Maid servant. This war TOP has never once questioned MK's extremely slippery slope CB.
you just blindly followed them in.
[/quote]

Why does that seem to bother you?

Also, you must not be familiar with the joke TOP Speed. It refers to the painstaking time most decisions are made due to lengthy debate amongst the members.

TOP isn't a follower in relationships, as you put it. Like most relationships in blocs and allies there is effort towards mutual goals. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Relations change as they develop. NADC, however, has been quagmired in the same treaty mess, with the same allies (whether they be good or bad) and has displayed virtually no consensus building leadership in any of it's foreign affairs that I know of. Which is one of the reasons the PnL bloc failed. Lack of ability to adapt and build consensus is one of the reason NPO lost it's grip on the top spot. And it's the same reason NADC is still where they are today. NADC has a good history as a reliable partner, but can you point to any great victory or feat you all have achieved? Look at your own war history. One victory years ago, one defeat, and a ton of white peace after getting you asses handed to you war after war.

Now, my point isn't to run down your alliance, but to emphasize that taking a chance on changing foreign affair directions pays off and takes courage, while sitting stuck in the same situation where you lose over and over again is not displaying leadership, nor individuality. But rather rigid adherence towards being the lesser of any coalition borne out of fear of making waves.

Edited by Kzoppistan

Guest avenger218

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1300615976' post='2671010']
Why does that seem to bother you?

Also, you must not be familiar with the joke TOP Speed. It refers to the painstaking time most decisions are made due to lengthy debate amongst the members.

TOP isn't a follower in relationships, as you put it. Like most relationships in blocs and allies there is effort towards mutual goals. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Relations change as they develop. NADC, however, has been quagmired in the same treaty mess, with the same allies (whether they be good or bad) and has displayed virtually no consensus building leadership in any of it's foreign affairs that I know of. Which is one of the reasons the PnL bloc failed. Lack of ability to adapt and build consensus is one of the reason NPO lost it's grip on the top spot. And it's the same reason NADC is still where they are today. NADC has a good history as a reliable partner, but can you point to any great victory or feat you all have achieved? Look at your own war history. One victory years ago, one defeat, and a ton of white peace after getting you asses handed to you war after war.

Now, my point isn't to run down your alliance, but to emphasize that taking a chance on changing foreign affair directions pays off and takes courage, while sitting stuck in the same situation where you lose over and over again is not displaying leadership, nor individuality. But rather rigid adherence towards being the lesser of any coalition borne out of fear of making waves.
[/quote]
treatying with MK because they are on top isn't individuality either.
See MK isn't even that good of an alliance, they are undesirable mean people
who don't care about the feelings of others. yet you treaty to them.
If TOP is such an upstanding decent alliance why doesn't your treaties reflect that?
Why are you treatied to a union of rogues like MK?
when MK get's their ass handed to them (Which will happen because history always repeats itself) TOP will treaty to the ones that defeat MK just because they're #1.
TOP has never tried to be the top dog. you always live in the wake of other alliances.
why don't you guys take the lead roll for once Kzoppistan?Why don't you guys be the number 1 instead of living in MK's shadow?

[quote name='avenger218' timestamp='1300616633' post='2671012']
treatying with MK because they are on top isn't individuality either.
See MK isn't even that good of an alliance, they are undesirable mean people
who don't care about the feelings of others. yet you treaty to them.
If TOP is such an upstanding decent alliance why doesn't your treaties reflect that?
Why are you treatied to a union of rogues like MK?
when MK get's their ass handed to them (Which will happen because history always repeats itself) TOP will treaty to the ones that defeat MK just because they're #1.
TOP has never tried to be the top dog. you always live in the wake of other alliances.
why don't you guys take the lead roll for once Kzoppistan?Why don't you guys be the number 1 instead of living in MK's shadow?
[/quote]

Ha ha, valiant attempt, my friend. But repeating the same thing over and over doesn't make it true. To say TOP hasn't been a game changer is like saying NPO wasn't the head of a ruling coalition through a large portion of the world's history. The facts speak for themselves.

Allying with MK was a hell of a surprise move. The two alliances locked in a death struggle only months before? Who saw that coming? Brilliant, imo. But NADC is still doing what it's been doing.

Try not to consume too many sour grapes, friend, it causes indigestion. Anyway, I'll see you at the surrendering table.

*ciao

Edited by Kzoppistan

Guest avenger218

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1300616975' post='2671014']
Ha ha, valiant attempt, my friend. But repeating the same thing over and over doesn't make it true. To say TOP hasn't been a game changer is like saying NPO wasn't the head of a ruling coalition through a large portion of the world's history. The facts speak for themselves.

Allying with MK was a hell of a surprise move. The two alliances locked in a death struggle only months before? Who say that coming. Brilliant, imo. But NADC is still doing what it's been doing.

Try not to consume to many sour grapes, friend, it causes indigestion. Anyway, I'll see you at the surrendering table.

*ciao
[/quote]
[OOC]what does sour grapes and indigestion have to do with this anyway.[/OOC]
DoomHouse DoW's first, TOP follows her in it isn't that hard to figure out who's
bossing who around.

^ You two may appreciate the following words though perhaps for different reasons:

“No nation can define its choices without a moral compass that sets a course
through the ambiguities of reality and thus make sacrifices meaningful”

Edited by DanDesade

[quote name='DanDesade' timestamp='1300618259' post='2671017']
^ You two may appreciate the following words though perhaps for different reasons:

“No nation can define its choices without a moral compass that sets a course
through the ambiguities of reality and thus make sacrifices meaningful”
[/quote]

Awesome. I'm saving this. ^_^

I think it goes without saying that what Avenger's saying doesn't represent the NADC, I would say most people in NADC would not agree with what he is saying but he's free to have his own assertions.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1300616975' post='2671014']
Allying with MK was a hell of a surprise move. The two alliances locked in a death struggle only months before? Who saw that coming? Brilliant, imo.
[/quote]

Comon, I think both of us ( as do most people ) see the daggers both MK and TOP have for each other. It'll just be interesting to observe if TOP is able to build a stronger hand with what it has to work with at the moment.

[color=#1C2837][size=2][/size][/color]

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300585909' post='2670651']
This is not the place to discuss our history, not that either of you are intelligent enough to comprehend the answer anyway.
[/quote]

you are right this is not the place, also what history if your not the same alliance ?

[quote name='FreddieMercury' timestamp='1300621059' post='2671024']
I think it goes without saying that what Avenger's saying doesn't represent the NADC, I would say most people in NADC would not agree with what he is saying but he's free to have his own assertions. [/quote]

Of course, Freddie, free speech and all that. Some of the gov has reported good dealings with you guys to the general membership and I got excited at the prospect of normalizing or even improving relations after the war. Especially since we're both in on treaty obligations and there's nothing personal. Trash talking an alliance like your alliance mate here, though, can really get under the skin sometimes. But that's fine, war time can inflame opinions.

Comon, I think both of us ( as do most people ) see the daggers both MK and TOP have for each other. It'll just be interesting to observe if TOP is able to build a stronger hand with what it has to work with at the moment.
[/quote]

There's a lot of good feeling in the alliance right now as we consider our opportunities, I'm interested in seeing what happens next, as well.

[b]I think it goes without saying that what Avenger's saying doesn't represent the NADC, I would say most people in NADC would not agree with what he is saying but he's free to have his own assertions.
[/b]

[/quote]

You know you're an idiot when your alliance comes out with things like this.

Btw, I don't hold what he says against NADC in any way shape or form. It only shows [i]Himself[/i] up in a negative light, not you guys.

[/quote]

Wait... does NADC seriously believe MK and TOP are at each other's throats?

only 100 pages?... come on guys this kind of thing is surely worth 200 pages...get to it!!!

Here i'll help...
Doomhouse your mean and not playing nicely
NPO your mean by not letting Doomhouse play how they want to
GPA your just frankly boring when did you ever get a 100 page thread hey? <_<

This thread was dead as soon as NPO made it clear they weren't interested in the offer. Everything since is just the prodding of the corpse and the rehashing of tired circular arguments played out in multiple threads.

Boredom is a terrible thing.

[color=#1C2837][size=2][/size][/color][quote]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]Of course, Freddie, free speech and all that. Some of the gov has reported good dealings with you guys to the general membership and I got excited at the prospect of normalizing or even improving relations after the war. Especially since we're both in on treaty obligations and there's nothing personal. Trash talking an alliance like your alliance mate here, though, can really get under the skin sometimes. But that's fine, war time can inflame opinions.[/size][/color]
[/quote]

All of my TOP opponents have been great thus far. Maybe next round I'll get small enough to pay your nation a visit, old friend? ;)
[quote name='potato' timestamp='1300622480' post='2671030']
Wait... does NADC seriously believe MK and TOP are at each other's throats?
[/quote]

Obviously you're not enemies at the moment and you guys will work hard at keeping a fruitful relationship going, but given the history between the two alliances I doubt you can convince most that those gaping fracture points don't exist. Plus it's smart to have a plan B, eh? ;)

[quote name='FreddieMercury' timestamp='1300627608' post='2671052']
Obviously you're not enemies at the moment and you guys will work hard at keeping a fruitful relationship going, but given the history between the two alliances I doubt you can convince most that those gaping fracture points don't exist. Plus it's smart to have a plan B, eh? ;)
[/quote]

It's that history and the respect gained during our battle that strengthened our ties. Sure, we don't agree on everything all the time but that's normal, isn't it? To try and spin this as gaping fractures that are going to get either of us killed is both dumb and ignorant. As well as far fetched. Of course, I don't expect NADC to understand the concept of having an independant thought. Nor am I trying to convince you of anything.