An Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1300065618' post='2663806']
Presumably that is because the NPO Mind Control Lasers were mistuned and made Doomhouse members want to attack them.

(wtf... People control their own desires. It's never anyone else's fault if I want to do something. It's because I want to do it. I have this thing called free will, you should learn about it sometime.)
[/quote]

Uhh no. If lots of people don't like you, and you don't change that perception, then lots of people will remain at the state of not liking you. Its NPO's fault they remain disliked.

NPO got attacked because they were disliked enough. Its NPO's fault they are disliked to that thresh hold, its not NPO's fault they got attacked.

I know the difference is subtle to one of your feeble intellect, but try to grasp the important bits here.

As has been noted several times now, this war happened (and is working) because NPO and NpO are just that unpopular, it there for follows if they were not that heavily disliked the war would not have happened (or at least taken a much different shape).

So again, getting attacked is not their fault, but why people want to attack them is their fault and something they could have changed.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1300068148' post='2663899']
Uhh no. If lots of people don't like you, and you don't change that perception, then lots of people will remain at the state of not liking you. Its NPO's fault they remain disliked.

NPO got attacked because they were disliked enough. Its NPO's fault they are disliked to that thresh hold, its not NPO's fault they got attacked.

I know the difference is subtle to one of your feeble intellect, but try to grasp the important bits here.

As has been noted several times now, this war happened (and is working) because NPO and NpO are just that unpopular, it there for follows if they were not that heavily disliked the war would not have happened (or at least taken a much different shape).

So again, getting attacked is not their fault, but why people want to attack them is their fault and something they could have changed.
[/quote]

The problem with that is this. The people who dislike them will accept nothing that NPO does as change. Everything they do is either a PR ploy, too little too late, isn't enough or is too much. At this point why should they even try??? I mean what could they do that would be accepted by you and those that hate them??

Seriously, they can't win either way.

Edit: And yet they do try, and even posted this knowing the reaction. Props to them, cause it would drive me batty.

Edited by Kilkenny

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1300045455' post='2663217']
[color="#0000FF"]I'm certainly not a fan of the NPO anymore than you, but this is getting to the point of being ridiculous. Their "next intended victim." Give me a break. The NPO hasn't been able to do anything for two years, regardless of your paranoid fantasies, and that will not be changing anytime soon. I wonder how long it'll take you to get over this bogeyman now that you've finally kicked it for a second time.[/color]
[/quote]

RV, you do realise, do you not, that I am not directly at war with NPO? Therefore, "second time" is no more applicable to this conversation than "your paranoid fantasies."

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1300054672' post='2663404']
Considering Ivan's latest attempt at leading an alliance, I'm not too worried about having him lead NPO. It would save us the effort of running NPO into the ground ourselves.
[/quote]
Quite true, quite true. Because having the fastest growing alliance in the history of the Cyberverse and maintaining strong alliances with several powerful blocs prior to being beat down and forced to resign because certain groups feared how influential my small alliance was getting is indeed an accurate assessment of my leading an alliance into the ground. You are a genius, sir. Pure genius.

How typical of the revisionist riffraff.

I have maintained my same persona and position unwaveringly for nearly a decade now, in this realm and prior, with no compromise, no pity and no remorse. You and those like you can only do so when you have huge statistical advantages standing behind you.

There are reasons no one on your side would tolerate me controlling a powerful or potentially powerful/influential alliance. Don't kid yourself into thinking any different.

[img]http://www.grandbastard.reloadpress.com/fan.jpg[/img]

[size="3"]We have viewed this post. We are surprised to see such an official looking document with only one of the following signatures:

Emperor: Cortath
Imperial Regent: Mary the Fantabulous
Imperial Officers of Military Affairs/Grand Marshal of the Army of the Pacific: Jesse End & Gandroff
Imperial Officers of Foreign Affairs: VektorZero & Iamthey
Imperial Officers of Economic Affairs: Bakamitai & Jasmine
Imperial Officers of Internal Affairs: Bilrow & Red
Imperial Officer of News and Propaganda: Brennan[/size]

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1300063716' post='2663727']
Tell us again how GW1 ended, NPO's word is next to worthless, it has been for years. NPO has demonstrated repeatedly in the past that its word is only good for as long as its expedient for you to keep it.
[/quote]
It ended because I willed it so. Against the wishes of my membership and after weeks of failed "negotiations" from your side in which I whittled down your ridiculous demands to nothing more than a personal apology from myself.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300070735' post='2663963']
It ended because I willed it so. Against the wishes of my membership and after weeks of failed "negotiations" from your side in which I whittled down your ridiculous demands to nothing more than a personal apology from myself.
[/quote]

An apology that was as sincere as the one that started this discussion? Or were you merely emphasizing that words mean nothing when issuing from a Pacifican Emperor?

Inquiring minds want to know.

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1300070679' post='2663960']
[size="3"]We have viewed this post. We are surprised to see such an official looking document with only one of the following signatures:

<snip>[/size]
[/quote]

And here I thought I was the only one who noticed.

Edited by Ashoka the Great

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1300068937' post='2663915']
RV, you do realise, do you not, that I am not directly at war with NPO? Therefore, "second time" is no more applicable to this conversation than "your paranoid fantasies."
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I really do not care if you are technically at war with NPO or not. You're a cheerleader. That is enough for me.[/color]

Imperial Officers of Military Affairs/Grand Marshal of the Army of the Pacific: Jesse End & Gandroff
[/quote]

I will request your request be accommodated.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1300072607' post='2664011']
[color="#0000FF"]I really do not care if you are technically at war with NPO or not. You're a cheerleader. That is enough for me.[/color]
[/quote]

Yeah well he used to be a normal person in GPA until they found his pom poms.. pretty sure their relationship was done after that.

I really don't like forced apologies, it's hard to test the sincerity. When I was drug out by GGA and IRON on EZI forced to apologize I can honestly say I didn't mean that apology one bit, guess it was just to inflate their egos. Not saying this is the same issue, but the fact that they're basically being told to apologize whether they do or don't mean it we will never know. And I guess that's what we need, uncertainty. Perhaps, perhaps.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300070735' post='2663963']
[/quote]

My side? I find the characterization funny, since I came to CN after GW1 ended, and then was promptly allied with NPO for the next two. Hilariously, some of the major players opposed to NPO in GW1 stood opposed to me in this war, if not directly at least on a coalition basis. Legion, GATO and LoSS if my memory of history is right.

I think trying to characterize 'a side' across that much history to be dubious at best, too much changes over time.

[quote name='Gandroff' timestamp='1300004572' post='2662726']
That's the thing, it doesn't matter what you think. This specific topic is a show of good faith for the apology between us and FAN.
[/quote]
Good faith? Dear sir, "good faith" would have been for NPO to apologize to FAN just after Karma, not while being smashed by FAN and Doomhouse.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1300073114' post='2664026']
Good faith? Dear sir, "good faith" would have been for NPO to apologize to FAN just after Karma, not while being smashed by FAN and Doomhouse.
[/quote]

Yes, yes. We discussed the timing of it being not exactly great while at war but decided it needed to be done. They can take it how they will.

[/quote]

In usual circumstances, our announcements only require the signature of the acting Emperor to legitimise and make such statements official, but as these are special circumstances, we understand the request for having all signatures present.

[center][img]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll236/The_Pale_Horse/npoimperial2.png[/img][/center]

There was a time when FAN and NPO were as close as any two alliances could be. We had mutual respect of both leadership and membership; we had similar goals and we had fun. We knew that together we were unstoppable, but we also knew that at some point in the distant future we would be fighting each other in an endgame scenario. Then FAN attacked one of our protectorates and we were at war. That war was clean and fun. Just as we had thought, FAN turned out to be our strongest opponent ever, and the most fun and honorable. Then came our betrayal of our honorable foe; we declared a second time on FAN for an alleged pattern of violations of the terms that ended the first war. Yes, there were violations, but no worse than any other alliance and certainly nothing for which to declare war. We kept FAN at war for almost two years, only ending the war due to the Karma war. There is no worse black mark upon the soul of the NPO than our actions in declaring and perpetrating what came to be known as VietFan. Simple words of "We're sorry" do not begin to make up for our actions. However, words are all we have. Also, Moo personally would like to extend his most heartfelt apology to Wolfe, mpol, and all the other leadership of FAN he personally betrayed. We sincerely hope that at the conclusion of this well-deserved war waged by FAN upon us, the NPO and FAN can work out our issues and begin to repair the damage that FAN incurred as a result of our actions.

Signed,

[i]Emperor Blackbird
New Pacific Order
Comrade Chuckles[/i]

[i]Mary the Fantabulous
Imperial Regent of the New Pacific Order
Reformed Neutral Menace

VektorZero, Imperial Officer of Foreign Affairs

Iamthey, Imperial Officer of Foreign Affairs

Jasmine, Imperial Officer of Economic Affairs

Bakamitai, Imperial Officer of Economic Affairs

Jesse End, Imperial Officer of Military Affairs

Gandroff, Imperial Officer of Military Affairs

Red, Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs

Bilrow, Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs

Brennan, Imperial Officer of News and Propaganda

Moo-Cows with Guns, Imperator Emeritus

Hawk_11, Officer Emeritus[/i]

Edited by Mary the Fantabulous

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300070561' post='2663957']
Quite true, quite true. Because having the fastest growing alliance in the history of the Cyberverse and maintaining strong alliances with several powerful blocs prior to being beat down and forced to resign because certain groups feared how influential my small alliance was getting is indeed an accurate assessment of my leading an alliance into the ground. You are a genius, sir. Pure genius.

How typical of the revisionist riffraff.

I have maintained my same persona and position unwaveringly for nearly a decade now, in this realm and prior, with no compromise, no pity and no remorse. You and those like you can only do so when you have huge statistical advantages standing behind you.

There are reasons no one on your side would tolerate me controlling a powerful or potentially powerful/influential alliance. Don't kid yourself into thinking any different.
[/quote]

Do you think for a second that anyone actually believes what you're saying? The decision to stand down was yours and yours alone. The people you were fighting merely insisted that you surrender. And the reason for that is that the last time you messed around about surrender NPO spent years denying it had ever lost. But you decided (for whatever reason) to make this unnecessary promise that you would never surrender and would stand down if you did. Of course you eventually surrendered, so you stood down. Fine. But that's not our problem and we certainly didn't act out fear of the mighty NSO.

[quote name='Mary the Fantabulous' timestamp='1300073897' post='2664043']
In usual circumstances, our announcements only require the signature of the acting Emperor to legitimise and make such statements official, but as these are special circumstances, we understand the request for having all signatures present.

[center][img]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll236/The_Pale_Horse/npoimperial2.png[/img][/center]

There was a time when FAN and NPO were as close as any two alliances could be. We had mutual respect of both leadership and membership; we had similar goals and we had fun. We knew that together we were unstoppable, but we also knew that at some point in the distant future we would be fighting each other in an endgame scenario. Then FAN attacked one of our protectorates and we were at war. That war was clean and fun. Just as we had thought, FAN turned out to be our strongest opponent ever, and the most fun and honorable. Then came our betrayal of our honorable foe; we declared a second time on FAN for an alleged pattern of violations of the terms that ended the first war. Yes, there were violations, but no worse than any other alliance and certainly nothing for which to declare war. We kept FAN at war for almost two years, only ending the war due to the Karma war. There is no worse black mark upon the soul of the NPO than our actions in declaring and perpetrating what came to be known as VietFan. Simple words of "We're sorry" do not begin to make up for our actions. However, words are all we have. Also, Moo personally would like to extend his most heartfelt apology to Wolfe, mpol, and all the other leadership of FAN he personally betrayed. We sincerely hope that at the conclusion of this well-deserved war waged by FAN upon us, the NPO and FAN can work out our issues and begin to repair the damage that FAN incurred as a result of our actions.

Signed,

[i]Emperor Blackbird
New Pacific Order
Comrade Chuckles[/i]

[i]Mary the Fantabulous
Imperial Regent of the New Pacific Order
Reformed Neutral Menace

VektorZero, Imperial Officer of Foreign Affairs

Iamthey, Imperial Officer of Foreign Affairs

Jasmine, Imperial Officer of Economic Affairs

Bakamitai, Imperial Officer of Economic Affairs

Jesse End, Imperial Officer of Military Affairs

Gandroff, Imperial Officer of Military Affairs

Red, Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs

Bilrow, Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs

Brennan, Imperial Officer of News and Propaganda

Moo-Cows with Guns, Imperator Emeritus

Hawk_11, Officer Emeritus[/i]
[/quote]

FAN, ask them to do a backflip now.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1300073023' post='2664023']
My side? I find the characterization funny, since I came to CN after GW1 ended, and then was promptly allied with NPO for the next two. Hilariously, some of the major players opposed to NPO in GW1 stood opposed to me in this war, if not directly at least on a coalition basis. Legion, GATO and LoSS if my memory of history is right.

I think trying to characterize 'a side' across that much history to be dubious at best, too much changes over time.
[/quote]
I deal in absolutes. Since you are not with me...

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1300072279' post='2664001']
An apology that was as sincere as the one that started this discussion? Or were you merely emphasizing that words mean nothing when issuing from a Pacifican Emperor?

Inquiring minds want to know.
[/quote]
The apology was sincere for the time in which it was given. Even your limited capacity for clear and rational political thought can appreciate that the situation in the Cyberverse can change dramatically over a span of 6-7 months, which was the time between the apology being made, in which I outlined that my position was still correct even if the end result was somewhat questionable, and when I rescinded it.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1300074146' post='2664051']
Do you think for a second that anyone actually believes what you're saying? The decision to stand down was yours and yours alone. The people you were fighting merely insisted that you surrender. And the reason for that is that the last time you messed around about surrender NPO spent years denying it had ever lost. But you decided (for whatever reason) to make this unnecessary promise that you would never surrender and would stand down if you did. Of course you eventually surrendered, so you stood down. Fine. But that's not our problem and we certainly didn't act out fear of the mighty NSO.
[/quote]
Of course you are completely correct. The manufactured CBs, the multiple threats and the back-room conversations with our allies and enemies about the fears of what would happen were I to control a substantial bloc are all figments of my delusional imagination, regardless of the mountains of evidence that existed to the contrary.

I have never once considered the feelings, thoughts or concerns of those that stand as my enemies, so I fail to see why I should do so now. Of course the ignorant masses will not believe me. It is generally accepted practice that all internal government workings within even semi-competent alliances are not revealed to the general populace.

[quote name='Gandroff' timestamp='1300074511' post='2664070']
You guys need to be less predictable. It's not even fun anymore.
[/quote]
yes, we will point out your follies. if its so predictable then i suggest that you stop making them.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1300068148' post='2663899']

NPO got attacked because they were disliked enough. Its NPO's fault they are disliked to that thresh hold, its not NPO's fault they got attacked...

[/quote]
Disliking somebody and attacking them for disliking somebody are two completely different things. The attacker is in control of his ability to attack. That's really all there is to it.

I also will never get the "omg you have to change" bit. If NPO doesn't want to change then [i]they cannot possibly make that change sincerely and they would still be the alliance that was sneaky and manipulative from before[/i].

I mean telling a con artist to change will never work. He might convince you that he's changed but come on.

Edited by Earogema

[quote name='uaciaut' timestamp='1300042335' post='2663138']
Why is this here and not on FAN grounds then?
[/quote]
[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1300042646' post='2663143']
If you want the whole world to see your apology, then you get to hear what the whole world thinks about it. If you cared about giving this only to FAN, then it could have been delivered to them directly.
[/quote]
We have reasons for everything we do whether you see them or not. And when we say the apology was meant for Fan, it was meant for them regardless of where it's issued.

Also I don't care who posts in this thread or on this public forum as I don't read them. If you want your opinion to be heard you probably should think of a better place to do it than here.

Edited by WarLaw