Pacific News Network International: Issue 12

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1299205243' post='2651816']
Bring back Sir Paul, at least what he wrote was clever. To call this bland posturing propagandizing tripe would be generous. And I don't even have a dislike for the NPO. What is this supposed to accomplish?
[/quote]
I guess to show how inept the NPO propaganda machine is?

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1299196447' post='2651648']
Good job guys, please please, don't let Sir Paul write up another one. You guys do a much better job.

:lol1: at the first image now that Olympus has surrendered. That mistake makes this whole thing quite hilarious in it's epic fail from a propaganda standpoint. The yin/yang symbol is pretty cool though.
[/quote]

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1299205243' post='2651816']
Bring back Sir Paul, at least what he wrote was clever. To call this bland posturing propagandizing tripe would be generous. And I don't even have a dislike for the NPO. What is this supposed to accomplish?
[/quote]

When will you people make up your minds? Am I a talent-less hack or merely a regular hack?

[quote name='Sir Paul' timestamp='1299210079' post='2651886']
When will you people make up your minds? Am I a talent-less hack or merely a regular hack?
[/quote]

Actually, you'll find that if you go back and examine my comments I've been a fairly consistent supporter of your work, even though my level of agreement with the points you were making has decreased over time. I'd be more generous and forgo the "hack" terminology, you're an excellent satirist

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1299202749' post='2651770']
We will not cancel the Ordinance of Orders..................

[i]Days Later[/i]

Yeah we're going to cancel the Ordinance of Orders.

I guess you guys have been whiffing hard if you want to go back to 2009 we can go back even further. Hypocracy doesn't start at Karma like you're trying to paint, you guys have had 3 years of doing it prior to whatever you think we've done.
[/quote]

This may come as a surprise to you, or perhaps you just can't wrap your mind around it....

but pointing out that they were hypocrites a few years ago doesn't disqualify you from being a hypocrite at the present time. If anything, you're only supporting the argument that you have now become the new !@#$%^& in town by following in the old !@#$%^&'s footsteps.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1299212665' post='2651924']
This may come as a surprise to you, or perhaps you just can't wrap your mind around it....

but pointing out that they were hypocrites a few years ago doesn't disqualify you from being a hypocrite at the present time. If anything, you're only supporting the argument that you have now become the new !@#$%^& in town by following in the old !@#$%^&'s footsteps.
[/quote]

No, sorry I'm not, but thanks for trying.

other person: hey, now that you're actually on top, you're being hypocritical.
you: it's ok because they were hypocrites when they were on top before us.

it's too bad an apology and denial just doesn't quite cut it eh?

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1299196823' post='2651656']
It would be nice if we could read what it actually says in the top left corner. I'm reading it as "The Doomhouse Qtorg" which leaves me wondering what exactly a "Qtorg" could be and what does it have to do with that arabic chap who looks a bit like a dictator?
[/quote]

its an S and a more different S. Followed by consummate Vs.

As an outside observer of this conflict, and thankfully far removed from it, I must say that rarely have I seen such brazen acts of aggressiveness without just cause. Good articles NPO!

Although they may be silent, most of Planet Bob sympathizes with you Pacifica; regardless of your past transgressions. For in this situation, Pacifica is indeed in the right and DH very much in the wrong.

And so it is the the wehrmacht of Doomhouse rolls forward with its unjust invasion of the NPO. Where is the outcry of condemnation for these attrocities, this violation Westphalian Sovereignty? If there was a UN on Bob, there would be resolutions against such actions, cries for this to cease, and general indignation at the actions of DH. Alliances would be formed and the major powers, having a responsibility to restore civility and order, would do what is right and put down the mad dogs before more damage is done.

I leave you then, with the words of Winston Churchill to harken back to a time when this sort of thing would have been nearly universally opposed.
[quote]We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the Old.[/quote]

Mushroom Kingdom had center stage after the Armageddon War. With NPO in the background the audience waited with bated breath for MK’s solo performance. To the disappointment of the audience, MK just stood there frozen, not moving. As the crowd grew restless, MK in a state of panic grabbed NPO back to center stage. Muttering, I cannot do this without you. Seeing NPO at center stage again, the audience applauded their approval. The true star of the show is back on the spotlight. Now the show can truly begin.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1299197992' post='2651679']
Great read Shadow, and to Doomhouse we know Olympus surrendered. You all didn't need to flock and repeat like a bunch of seagulls because some picture has their name in it.
[/quote]

Propaganda works best when it actually makes sense.

[quote name='Lazarus Grant' timestamp='1299250911' post='2652455']
As an outside observer of this conflict, and thankfully far removed from it, I must say that rarely have I seen such brazen acts of aggressiveness without just cause. Good articles NPO!

Although they may be silent, most of Planet Bob sympathizes with you Pacifica; regardless of your past transgressions. For in this situation, Pacifica is indeed in the right and DH very much in the wrong.

And so it is the the wehrmacht of Doomhouse rolls forward with its unjust invasion of the NPO. Where is the outcry of condemnation for these attrocities, this violation Westphalian Sovereignty? If there was a UN on Bob, there would be resolutions against such actions, cries for this to cease, and general indignation at the actions of DH. Alliances would be formed and the major powers, having a responsibility to restore civility and order, would do what is right and put down the mad dogs before more damage is done.

I leave you then, with the words of Winston Churchill to harken back to a time when this sort of thing would have been nearly universally opposed.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, your words though eloquent, shall move few.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1299265888' post='2652616']
Unfortunately, your words though eloquent, shall move few.
[/quote]

I've suffered the same fate more than a few times, but still I want to make my thoughts known.

I started my life here on Planet Bob directly before Karma came crashing down on the NPO more than two years hence. Even though I hadn't been present I did hear of the great crimes that NPO perpetrated against the Karma alliances that had come to extract their revenge. At the time I thought, "I don't know if they deserve it but they are paying a heavy penance if they do, but if they make it out of this their slate will be wiped clean by nuclear fire". The war ended, the reps were paid, and from what I've seen NPO has kept mostly to themselves. During that time they rebuilt all the way up to the #2 alliance here on Planet Bob which, considering where they had been beaten down to, was quite an accomplishment.

NPO took a beating, paid their reps, and kept quite, but that's still not enough. Many of the former Karma alliances who had once trumpeted the case that all alliances should be allowed to behave as they liked without the fear of Perma-War or EZI now wish nothing more than to wipe the NPO off the face of Planet Bob. They've forgone the formality of a CB to do just that even though just two years ago they held NPO's feet to the fire for the same thing, and had been hit by a basically CBless preemption during the Bi-Polar war. To me that's just plain wrong.

I've enjoyed my time here on Planet Bob, and hope that my fellow nations have as much fun as I do. Because of that I don't believe that any one nation, alliance, or bloc has the right to dictate who gets to inhabit our glorious world. That's why I have fought and will fight alongside the NPO for as long as I'm able. Just as I will fight for any other alliance that is deemed by some as "unworthy". It seems that there are precious few that think as I do, and many others that have flocked to the "strong" side. And so I stand here with my principles out-numbered and out-gunned. Even so I will not run and hide, I will not pull a Benedict Arnold and switch sides like a flag flapping in the wind. Instead I will stand and fight.

I will fight for my right to PARTY! Kick it!

[img]http://media.mtvne.com/manual/intl/umg/2009/00602498851838_USDJM0400018_640x480.jpg[/img]

Ave NPO, and War BEASTIE BOYS!

Edited by LeonidasRexII

[quote name='Lazarus Grant' timestamp='1299250911' post='2652455']

[/quote]
The [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95905"]Unholy Alliance[/url] has changed the course of history. :smug:

Edit: It's funny how NPO attacks us for supposedly making them the center of our existence while we clearly are the center of there's, even before this war.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1299295503' post='2653065']
Edit: It's funny how NPO attacks us for supposedly making them the center of our existence while we clearly are the center of there's, even before this war.
[/quote]

This argument is difficult to sustain given comments by DH and FAN implying that NPO was attacked because it did not pay them enough attention (or make enough of an "effort").

Edited by Sir Humphrey

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1299297032' post='2653085']
This argument is difficult to sustain given comments by DH and FAN implying that NPO was attacked because it did not pay them enough attention (or make enough of an "effort").
[/quote]
Where has MK stated this?

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1299297241' post='2653089']
Where has MK stated this?
[/quote]

The latest explanation was provided by FAN in the NoR DoW thread, but it seems consistent with statements that I recall its coalition partners making previously.

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1299295572' post='2653068']
We in FAN have settled our differences with [i]almost[/i] all of the VietFAN combatants. ALL of those alliances put in more effort than NPO did, by far. FAN have forged true friendships over the course of the last year and some of these friends are alliances we were fighting against in VietFAN. True story.
[/quote]

MK is, of course, free to provide an alternative explanation for why NPO was attacked for past greviances that have already been dealt with.

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1299298480' post='2653112']
The latest explanation was provided by FAN in the NoR DoW thread, but it seems consistent with statements that I recall its coalition partners making previously.

MK is, of course, free to provide an alternative explanation for why NPO was attacked for past greviances that have already been dealt with.
[/quote]
I ask again, where has MK stated this? Different people can have different reasons for entering in or supporting a war, you know. FAN's past history with NPO has nothing directly to do with us, and just because that is their motivation doesn't mean it is our motivation. For my part, my reasons for supporting this has nothing to do with NPO's past transgressions before Karma, but history since then.

Edited by Azaghul

Propaganda works a lot better when it's subtle. I counted 6 mentions of "hypocrisy". While the facts are nice, the shrill repetition makes everyone not on your side resist it.