Pacific News Network International: Issue 12

[quote name='skrewer' timestamp='1299248006' post='2652432']
Great read, and nice humor too :smug:

As a member of the WAE, I am honored to stand by you still.
[/quote]

I too enjoyed it although I wasn't sure about all the irony heaped on irony on top of the sarcasm and I have to say that I may have dosed off once or twice and missed the ending. Did we win?

I like the mighty Skewer, proud warrior of the legion will be standing by you, albeit in a metaphorical sense as we must lurk behind the barriers of peace as per our directives from Legion Grand Dragon. But we are right there with you.

I like the picture you drew. I don't get it though.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lazarus Grant' timestamp='1299250911' post='2652455']

And so it is the the wehrmacht of Doomhouse rolls forward with its unjust invasion of the NPO. Where is the outcry of condemnation for these attrocities, this violation Westphalian Sovereignty? If there was a UN on Bob, there would be resolutions against such actions, cries for this to cease, and general indignation at the actions of DH. Alliances would be formed and the major powers, having a responsibility to restore civility and order, would do what is right and put down the mad dogs before more damage is done.

I leave you then, with the words of Winston Churchill to harken back to a time when this sort of thing would have been nearly universally opposed.
[/quote]

Polar War I? I love the empty moralism here. I recall everyone being opposed to any type of UN on bob whenever it was brought up here.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1299291777' post='2652998']
I've suffered the same fate more than a few times, but still I want to make my thoughts known.

I started my life here on Planet Bob directly before Karma came crashing down on the NPO more than two years hence. Even though I hadn't been present I did hear of the great crimes that NPO perpetrated against the Karma alliances that had come to extract their revenge. At the time I thought, "I don't know if they deserve it but they are paying a heavy penance if they do, but if they make it out of this their slate will be wiped clean by nuclear fire". The war ended, the reps were paid, and from what I've seen NPO has kept mostly to themselves. During that time they rebuilt all the way up to the #2 alliance here on Planet Bob which, considering where they had been beaten down to, was quite an accomplishment.

NPO took a beating, paid their reps, and kept quite, but that's still not enough. Many of the former Karma alliances who had once trumpeted the case that all alliances should be allowed to behave as they liked without the fear of Perma-War or EZI now wish nothing more than to wipe the NPO off the face of Planet Bob. They've forgone the formality of a CB to do just that even though just two years ago they held NPO's feet to the fire for the same thing, and had been hit by a basically CBless preemption during the Bi-Polar war. To me that's just plain wrong.

I've enjoyed my time here on Planet Bob, and hope that my fellow nations have as much fun as I do. Because of that I don't believe that any one nation, alliance, or bloc has the right to dictate who gets to inhabit our glorious world. That's why I have [b]fought and will fight alongside the NPO for as long as I'm able[/b]. Just as I will fight for any other alliance that is deemed by some as "unworthy". It seems that there are precious few that think as I do, and many others that have flocked to the "strong" side. And so I [b]stand here with my principles out-numbered and out-gunned[/b]. Even so I will not [b]run and hide[/b], I will not pull a Benedict Arnold and switch sides like a flag flapping in the wind. Instead I will [b]stand and fight[/b].

I will fight for my right to PARTY! Kick it!

Ave NPO, and War BEASTIE BOYS!
[/quote]

Just to clarify... metaphorically stand... and metaphorically fight, from the protective umbrella of peace.

Thank heavens I have been made the Minister of minor details for Legion, at last I can help to free the world of this confusion.

Also... stop press.
Shadow the Hedgehog is doing his warring with just 36 soldiers. That is how awesome he is... it has made me take his news announcement super-seriously now.

Edited by Lord of the Dance

[quote name='Lord of the Dance' timestamp='1299366439' post='2653834']
Just to clarify... metaphorically stand... and metaphorically fight, from the protective umbrella of peace.

Thank heavens I have been made the Minister of minor details for Legion, at last I can help to free the world of this confusion.

Also... stop press.
Shadow the Hedgehog is doing his warring with just 36 soldiers. That is how awesome he is... it has made me take his news announcement super-seriously now.
[/quote]

Here's some advice for you, before you run your mouth next time try getting some facts. There's nothing metaphorical about 785,000 casualties, bub, and I'll proudly put that number up against any nation in my age range as it shows that I'm more than willing to put my pixels on the line.

I've fought for NPO this war, and I will again and my being in PM has nothing to do with that. So here's my second piece of advice, get familiar with common war fighting tactics. Entering and leaving PM has been and continues to be an accepted tactic during protracted wars.

As for your job as the Minister of Minor Details...
[img]http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/donald%20trump%20you%27re%20fired.jpg[/img]

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1299547041' post='2656018']
Here's some advice for you, before you run your mouth next time try getting some facts. There's nothing metaphorical about [b]785,000 casualties[/b][i](500000 of these are defensive)[/i], bub, and I'll proudly put that number up against any nation in my age range as it shows that I'm more than willing to put my pixels on the line.

I've fought for NPO this war, and I will again and my being in PM has nothing to do with that. So here's my second piece of advice, get familiar with common war fighting tactics. Entering and [b]leaving[/b] PM has been and continues to be an accepted tactic during protracted wars[i](common claim by cowards and other deviants)[/i].

As for your job as the Minister of Minor Details...[i]Mr RexII, despite a somewhat over-grand title has no authority as this post was handed down from the Imperator himself[/i]
[/quote]

Lets just fill in the gaps.

You have fought one war on behalf of NPO. Peace mode has been your refuge for the past [b]thirty-four[/b] days
Entering and leaving peace mode is fine. I think your alliance is running at only fifty percent efficiency in this clever tactic....lets have fun working out which half. When was the last time Legion did any damage to anyone? 2009? You look through the alliance and once you get past the first ten screens of peace mode it i either peace mode or anarchy. Did I hear the words non-entity?

Sigh. Against my better judgement I'll school you again, but only because you are so utterly mis-guided. So on to Lesson #2 where we'll go over your attempts to discredit me.

[quote]Here's some advice for you, before you run your mouth next time try getting some facts. There's nothing metaphorical about [b]785,000 casualties[/b][i](500000 of these are defensive)[/i], bub, and I'll proudly put that number up against any nation in my age range as it shows that I'm more than willing to put my pixels on the line. [/quote]

Being such a young nation you could be excused from realizing that the vast majority of nations also have more defensive casualties than offensive ones. That's only due to the laws of Admin. He in his infinite wisdom ordained that each nation shall have three defensive war slots as well as three offensive. Also due to His wisdom larger nations can war on smaller ones and so most nations will declare against smaller nations on the offensive side while facing larger nations on the defensive side. As a result most nations will naturally have more defensive casualties as they defend against larger and more capable nations.

[quote]I've fought for NPO this war, and I will again and my being in PM has nothing to do with that. So here's my second piece of advice, get familiar with common war fighting tactics. Entering and [b]leaving[/b] PM has been and continues to be an accepted tactic during protracted wars[i](common claim by cowards and other deviants)[/i].[/quote]

My my such harsh words you use, "...by cowards and other deviants". Seems that one of your own leaders is using such dastardly tactic:

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/search.asp?searchstring=All&search=Biazt&anyallexact=all&Strength1=&Strength2="]Biazt - GOONs Council Member[/url]

He along with 39 of your GOON-mates are "hiding" in PM, so perhaps GOONs isn't the best fit for someone as brave as you.

[quote]As for your job as the Minister of Minor Details...[i]Mr RexII, despite a somewhat over-grand title has no authority as this post was handed down from the Imperator himself[/i][/quote]

Deslusion doesn't become you so make no mistake that I do hold plenty of authority in The Legion, and you're still fired.

[quote name='Lord of the Dance' timestamp='1299702266' post='2657888']
Lets just fill in the gaps.

You have fought one war on behalf of NPO. Peace mode has been your refuge for the past [b]thirty-four[/b] days
[u]Entering and leaving peace mode is fine. [/u] I think your alliance is running at only fifty percent efficiency in this clever tactic....lets have fun working out which half. When was the last time Legion did any damage to anyone? 2009? You look through the alliance and once you get past the first ten screens of peace mode it i either peace mode or anarchy. Did I hear the words non-entity?
[/quote]

Finally I'd like to speak to you about the importance of consistency. In one breath you claim that PM is a tactic deserving of only, still your words mind you, cowards and deviants; but then you claim that using PM is fine. Well which is it? As for your bolding of the amount of time I've been in PM there are a great many DoomHouse members who've been in PM longer than I.

Well that's it. I've hoped you learned something here now run along and remember Consistency is your friend.

Text walls? "Irrefutable" logic? Blind patriotism? God I'm so turned on. I want to Francograd a Vladimir right now until my Bilrow Cortaths all over someone's face.

Thanks, PNN. That was magical.

Edited by Sithis

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1299734067' post='2658284']
Sigh. Against my better judgement I'll school you again, but only because you are so utterly mis-guided. So on to Lesson #2 where we'll go over your attempts to discredit me.

Being such a young nation you could be excused from realizing that the vast majority of nations also have more defensive casualties than offensive ones. That's only due to the laws of Admin. He in his infinite wisdom ordained that each nation shall have three defensive war slots as well as three offensive. Also due to His wisdom larger nations can war on smaller ones and so most nations will declare against smaller nations on the offensive side while facing larger nations on the defensive side. As a result most nations will naturally have more defensive casualties as they defend against larger and more capable nations.

My my such harsh words you use, "...by cowards and other deviants". Seems that one of your own leaders is using such dastardly tactic:

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/search.asp?searchstring=All&search=Biazt&anyallexact=all&Strength1=&Strength2="]Biazt - GOONs Council Member[/url]

He along with 39 of your GOON-mates are "hiding" in PM, so perhaps GOONs isn't the best fit for someone as brave as you.

Deslusion doesn't become you so make no mistake that I do hold plenty of authority in The Legion, and you're still fired.

Finally I'd like to speak to you about the importance of consistency. In one breath you claim that PM is a tactic deserving of only, still your words mind you, cowards and deviants; but then you claim that using PM is fine. Well which is it? As for your bolding of the amount of time I've been in PM there are a great many DoomHouse members who've been in PM longer than I.

Well that's it. I've hoped you learned something here now run along and remember Consistency is your friend.
[/quote]
Cunning use of misquoting. You missed the part when I told you that the statement was a common claim, not a tactic. I have never heard a member of GOONS make that statement as it is usually used in the defense of guys taking a 'war hibernation'. "Wake me up when it is spring and the bad men have gone away." We hear it a lot from you guys funnily enough.

How come I have more offensive casualties than defensive? Weird. Oh right, I am at war with Legion. I was acknowledging the difference between ducking in and out of peace mode and what you guys are doing (that was the fifty percent jibe). You guys are ducking in but not out, which makes your mighty declaration of standing by NPO pretty erroneous which is why I called you out and you got mad.

Well done for finding a GOONS member in peace mode by the way. I don't have to try. I just start from the start of your alliance and work down, and it is anarchy or peace mode. You aren't fighting this war at all. You are the kings of ironic statements.

Stop Press. The artist formerly known as Shadow the Hedgehog has deleted in response to having his lungs handed to him by the most terrible of equines, Bad Horse. That perhaps makes me take him a little less seriously...

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1299295503' post='2653065']Edit: It's funny how NPO attacks us for supposedly making them the center of our existence while we clearly are the center of there's, even before this war.[/quote]

NPO is older than MK, !@#$ we're even older than the game. We did fine before MK and will do fine after you. It's you who'll be bored should we be dead :ph34r:

Edited by mikk206

[quote name='Shadow the Hedgehog' timestamp='1299189725' post='2651519']
....the New Pacific Order was given the largest and harshest terms ever seen on Planet Bob.[/quote]

I must have missed the part where Pacifica [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=31544"]was compelled to disband in order to receive peace[/url].

[quote]....we have seen that the hypocrites over at the Kingdom will now declare war on an alliance without a CB....[/quote]

Many seem to believe that 'revenge' constitutes a a valid CB. I don't necessarily agree with this idea, but I must admit that it [u]is[/u] a CB.

[quote]From the relentless trolling....[/quote]

You'll probably want to edit that out.

[quote]We’ve paid our dues, admitted and apologised for any actions we may have taken when we ruled Planet Bob and, to the best of our abilities, put this ancient history behind us in favour of a more enlightened and multi-polar future.[/quote]

Saying "We're sorry for everything" doesn't really cut it when, confronted by [i]specific[/i] past actions, you respond with, "Oh, we didn't do [b]that[/b]." I can think of several instances where this has happened with multiple alliances, including my own.

Honestly, why is your "side" so tremendously bad at propaganda? No subtlety, no humor, no real substance to speak of.

I beg you, for the sake of our entertainment, find someone who can do a half decent job or just stop.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1299764539' post='2658460']I must have missed the part where Pacifica [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=31544"]was compelled to disband in order to receive peace.[/url]
[/quote]

Funny you pointed that one out. For one I see there FOK, Sparta, TOP and Old Guard. But then again they aren't evil, because they started to kiss MK's butt at the right time?

NPO =/= Q
NPO < Q

Furthermore I couldn't help but noticing two NoR members simply hailing that announcement.

So what was even the point you're trying to make here? That NPO wasn't forced to disband in Karma? I hope you do know that no emperor of Pacifica would sign such a thing. The reason is as simple as that.

Edited by mikk206

[quote name='mikk206' timestamp='1299760570' post='2658432']
NPO is older than MK, !@#$ we're even older than the game. We did fine before MK and will do fine after you. It's you who'll be bored should we be dead :ph34r:
[/quote]
We weren't created in response to you. It's not about where you were in the past it's about where you are now.

[quote name='mikk206' timestamp='1299770461' post='2658529']
For one I see there FOK, Sparta, TOP and Old Guard. But then again they aren't evil, because they started to kiss MK's butt at the right time? [/quote]

You seem to be unaware of the number of alliances and individuals who have approached Nordreich since its reformation to express regret over their participation in that ugly episode. The 'healing process', if one wishes to call it that, has progressed to such an extent that we have signed agreements of one kind or another with at least two former Continuum alliances. (Valhalla and The Phoenix Federation, if you're interested.) We fought beside some of the others in the so-called Bi-Polar War, which contributed a great deal in terms of mending fences.

Pacifica, on the other hand, took an active role in two separate attempts to destroy Nordland but has yet to apologize for -- or even acknowledge -- either of those attempts. So yes, I do believe this to be a valid criticism. Do I believe it is sufficient cause for war? Not really, but that doesn't really matter since that's not why we declared war in the first place.

With respect to the second part of that statement, since Nordreich has never held any kind of treaty with the Mushroom Kingdom, who kisses what and where really isn't our concern so I don't see how this is relevant at all.

I trust this will clear things up.

[quote name='Shadow the Hedgehog' timestamp='1299189725' post='2651519']
We’ve paid our dues, admitted and apologised for any actions we may have taken when we ruled Planet Bob and, to the best of our abilities, put this [b]ancient history behind us in favour of a more enlightened and multi-polar future.[/b]
[/quote]

I see what you did there <_< One is not enough eh?

For Shame NPO, you would establish even more blue colonies?!?!

[quote name='mikk206' timestamp='1299770461' post='2658529']
Funny you pointed that one out. For one I see there FOK, Sparta, TOP and Old Guard. But then again they aren't evil, because they started to kiss MK's butt at the right time?

NPO =/= Q
NPO < Q

Furthermore I couldn't help but noticing two NoR members simply hailing that announcement.

So what was even the point you're trying to make here? That NPO wasn't forced to disband in Karma? I hope you do know that no emperor of Pacifica would sign such a thing. The reason is as simple as that.
[/quote]
I fail to see how any of this makes your terms in karma worse than those.

I do like that you recognize MK as the big central power though. We're not a very big alliance so we need our egos stroked like that every once in a while.

So let me get this straight.

OP posts a large piece of propaganda. OP, his spirits high from his post, declares war against Bad Horse for the glory of Pacifica. OP loses badly. OP deletes nation.

So... uh, I guess he was a true patriot.

I learned something from this issue of the Pacific News Network...

[list=1]

[*]Pacifica has surrendered before. They likely will again, and they're sure to cry about it.
[*]Apparently, being in The New [s]Peacemode[/s] Pacific Order somehow makes you the foundation for DoomHouse. Hopefully, Issue 13 will have details on the formula for how the author arrived at this notion.

[/list]

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1299764539' post='2658460']
Saying "We're sorry for everything" doesn't really cut it when, confronted by [i]specific[/i] past actions, you respond with, "Oh, we didn't do [b]that[/b]." I can think of several instances where this has happened with multiple alliances, including my own.
[/quote]
This basically sums up why the whole "the NPO already paid their dues" argument doesn't really pan out. You can't really apologize for the errors of your ways if you don't realize what the errors were in the first place.

[quote name='Sithis' timestamp='1299878994' post='2660325']
This basically sums up why the whole "the NPO already paid their dues" argument doesn't really pan out. You can't really apologize for the errors of your ways if you don't realize what the errors were in the first place.
[/quote]
Though that Pacifican's post is remarkably illustrative of this very principle.

[quote name='Sithis' timestamp='1299878994' post='2660325']
[/quote]
Apologized, paid extraordinarily high reps, and attempted to reform...? yeah not seeing much more they could've done. I may be new but I can spot unrealistic expectations

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1299873247' post='2660183']
So let me get this straight.

OP posts a large piece of propaganda. OP, his spirits high from his post, declares war against Bad Horse for the glory of Pacifica. OP loses badly. OP deletes nation.

So... uh, I guess he was a true patriot.

[/quote]

My nation is deleted?

Interesting because I just got done checking it. Nice try though