The Network Still Hungers

OsRavan

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1298329203' post='2641034']
ODN needs to prove its worth to GOONS.
[/quote]
Not really no, we don't treat alliances as means to an end but ends of themselves. ODN have been good friends to us in this conflict though, for sure.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1298190667' post='2639292']
Only the ones who happened to be on the winning side. I'm not sure what alternate reality of history you are talking about, but this reality has seen ODN run from danger time and time again.
[/quote]

Derp.
I guess we need to lose another war before some folks will terms with reality...

[quote name='Louis Balfour' timestamp='1298347009' post='2641342']
Derp.
I guess we need to lose another war before some folks will terms with reality...
[/quote]
Because the Unjust War, War of the Coalition, and Karma War never happened, right?

Or is it because you have special excuses for each of those, hiding behind a twisted sense of false morality, excusing yourselves for your cowardice while patting yourselves on the back for a job well done protecting your infrastructure totals? The same fake morality that vanishes without a trace when you decide to ride in on an [i]optional[/i] aggression clause when you think you're going to win, no matter how unjustifiable the rationalizations behind this unprovoked war of conquest?

There's that word again, [i]optional[/i]. Really sums you guys up in a nutshell, doesn't it?

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1298348851' post='2641376']
One thing they don't have in common is that CoJ doesn't have to make announcements assuring their allies that they won't disband under the pressure of war :smug:
[/quote]

Are you really dense enough to believe that we communicate with our allies strictly through this forum? Is that what [i]you[/i] do? :blink:

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1298351545' post='2641424']
Are you really dense enough to believe that we communicate with our allies strictly through this forum? Is that what [i]you[/i] do? :blink:
[/quote]
That's not even nearly what he was suggesting. Not even close. Either you're trying to get a rise or your just a bit thick.

From now on you shall be known as 'thicky nippy'. :awesome:

[quote name='KingEsus' timestamp='1298363240' post='2641566']
That's not even nearly what he was suggesting. Not even close. Either you're trying to get a rise or your just a bit thick.

From now on you shall be known as 'thicky nippy'. :awesome:
[/quote]

Please don't tell me you actually felt smug after posting this. :mellow:

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1298333126' post='2641093']
These two posts do cause me some concern, is this one uninformed member, or does ODN actually believe that Cult of Justitia declared war on MK?
[/quote]
I'm still pretty interested in the answer to this topical question.
[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1298179574' post='2639134']
I'll keep this simple and straight forward. Recently, 64digits, Kerberos Nexus, and Cult of Justitia (CoJ) have all gone to war with our allies in MK.
[/quote]
This would imply there are at least two uninformed ODNistas, but I'm a fair guy so the question is still out there.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1298387241' post='2641677']

This would imply there are at least two uninformed ODNistas, but I'm a fair guy so the question is still out there.
[/quote]

At some point you'll figure out that ODN would rather be on the beach getting a tan and that the alliance doesn't so much "hunger" as it was looking for a light snack in order to keep up appearances. Sorry you lost the lottery, Schatt. That's war.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1298390058' post='2641694']
At some point you'll figure out that ODN would rather be on the beach getting a tan and that the alliance doesn't so much "hunger" as it was looking for a light snack in order to keep up appearances. Sorry you lost the lottery, Schatt. That's war.
[/quote]
Oh quite the contrary, we knew elements of C&G would be doing some acrobatics to take the heat off of GOONS, and well I feel we've won a lottery with ODN; they're the only democracy, they depend on new recruits for tech and growth, and though they've been playing lulz with GOONS and MK lately, I feel that the people of ODN are better than their government.

[/quote]
And I'm still pretty interested in the answer to this topical question.

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1298330665' post='2641052']
[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1298329203' post='2641034']
ODN needs to prove its worth to GOONS.
[/quote]
And why would we need to do that?
[/quote]

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1298390058' post='2641694']
[/quote]
You argument might have some truth to it if we only attacked the 3 parties from this DoW. But we already declared on the largest open AA on this front, they just don't want to fight us. Of course knowing you you'll probably blame us for that, but we can't make them fight us. That's why we picked up some extra targets with this DoW.
And of course that's all in addition to the alliances we fought on the other front, who may not be statistically as powerful as Legion, but they actually fought better and did more damage than Legion by not hiding.

Edited by itseZe

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1298390368' post='2641698']
And I'm still pretty interested in the answer to this topical question.

You argument might have some truth to it if we only attacked the 3 parties from this DoW. But we already declared on the largest open AA on this front, they just don't want to fight us. Of course knowing you you'll probably blame us for that, but we can't make them fight us. That's why we picked up some extra targets with this DoW.
And of course that's all in addition to the alliances we fought on the other front, who may not be statistically as powerful as Legion, but they actually fought better and did more damage than Legion by not hiding.
[/quote]
Wow that's a lot of talk about Legion to justify a mutual aggression attack on CoJ in support of MK with whom CoJ has 2 expired offensive wars in response to 3 attacks by MK against one of our members with no DoW on CoJ by MK. So what we have here is ODN claiming that CoJ "went to war with MK" and that ODN is helping them. Which makes this very transparently exactly what it is: ODN proving its worth to GOONS with whom ODN has been making eyes for a matter of weeks. Listen, you're welcome to wear a leash all day long, but don't tell me it's a necklace. And don't you get all sassypants about it when the world fails to fall for your years-old dog and pony show.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1298391054' post='2641710']
Wow that's a lot of talk about Legion to justify a mutual aggression attack on CoJ in support of MK with whom CoJ has 2 offensive wars with MK which are a direct response to 3 defensive wars with MK against one of our members with no DoW on CoJ by MK. So what we have here is ODN claiming that CoJ "went to war with MK" and that ODN is helping them. Which makes this very transparently exactly what it is: ODN proving its worth to GOONS with whom ODN has been making eyes for a matter of weeks. Listen, you're welcome to wear a leash all day long, but don't tell me it's a necklace. And don't you get all sassypants about it when the world fails to fall for your years-old dog and pony show.
[/quote]
I'm still not sure why we would need to prove ourselves to them. The only thing I can gather from your post is that you think we're going to sign a treaty? In which case you don't seem to know ODN very well, so I'm sorry to disappoint you but there won't be a treaty anytime soon.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1298390257' post='2641696']
Oh quite the contrary, we knew elements of C&G would be doing some acrobatics to take the heat off of GOONS, and well I feel we've won a lottery with ODN; they're the only democracy, they depend on new recruits for tech and growth, and though they've been playing lulz with GOONS and MK lately, I feel that the people of ODN are better than their government.
[/quote]
Afraid of the outcome of this war so you're hoping for a more Schattenmann-friendly gov? :awesome:
Remember when you came to our forum not too long ago? So you should be well aware of our membership's feelings for you.
But you can always hope, voting results will be posted on the 1st ;)

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1298391468' post='2641713']
Afraid of the outcome of this war so you're hoping for a more Schattenmann-friendly gov? :awesome:
Remember when you came to our forum not too long ago? So you should be well aware of our membership's feelings for you.
But you can always hope, voting results will be posted on the 1st ;)
[/quote]
I have faith that Lucius and Snibbmeister are not a representative sample of the average ODNista. Though if that's the image you like you're welcome to go with that (after all it went so well for you last thread).

[/quote]

At the end of the day I don't think we particularly care what sort of propaganda you spit out on the OWF. The truth is you know EXACTLY why we consider this an activation of our MDP (it has to do with that little DoW you posted on MK). However, pretending ignorance and nativity here allows you to rant/complain a little more freely.

It doesn't much matter to me whether you felt you had a good CB to hit MK or not, it doesnt change the fact that once *you* declared officially on them (not the other way around) you caused our treaty to activate.

And all the tantrums you can throw wont change that fact that this war will be settled on the battlefield not by who can twist the truth into a pretzel on the OWF.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1298390257' post='2641696']
[/quote]

Leaving aside no one has been playing 'acrobatics' and you should have expected CnG to hit when you attacked MDP allies of CnG.... leaving that aside.

1) If you think being a democracy changes our commitment to the war or our willingness to see it through... well we will let events prove you wrong there. Same as they proved TOP/IRON wrong last war.

2) Funnily enough I was having the exact same thought recently about the members of CoJ and *their* government in regards to the orders. Anyway, the GA of ODN *elect* their government. If the government did not represent the people, we wouldn't be around all that long. But frankly, I dont think most ODNers care much what you (a non ODNer) thinks about *their* gov.

I don't know why I try to actually seriously answer your wild accusations tbh. I was strongly tempted to just let you rant in here and ignore you, but I must be a glutton for punishment.

I already know your answers to my posts and how you will attempt to twist things to score PR points. I suppose you just prefer trying to score 'points' on the OWF to serious debate and discussion. ::shrugs:: Either way, as I said earlier, its not going to change how events will play out.

Edited by OsRavan

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1298391794' post='2641716']
I have faith that Lucius and Snibbmeister are not a representative sample of the average ODNista. Though if that's the image you like you're welcome to go with that (after all it went so well for you last thread).
[/quote]
If you really believe that then you should be looking forward with excitement to our election result announcement. :)

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1298393431' post='2641731']
At the end of the day I don't think we particularly care what sort of propaganda you spit out on the OWF. The truth is you know EXACTLY why we consider this an activation of our MDP (it has to do with that little DoW you posted on MK). However, pretending ignorance and nativity here allows you to ((well to troll)) a little more freely.

It doesn't much matter to me whether you felt you had a good CB to hit MK or not, it doesnt change the fact that once *you* declared officially on them (not the other way around) you caused our treaty to activate.

And all the tantrums you can throw wont change that fact that this war will be settled on the battlefield not by who can twist the truth into a pretzel on the OWF.

Leaving aside no one has been playing 'acrobatics' and you should have expected CnG to hit when you attacked MDP allies of CnG.... leaving that aside.

1) If you think being a democracy changes our commitment to the war or our willingness to see it through... well we will let events prove you wrong there. Same as they proved TOP/IRON wrong last war.

2) Funnily enough I was having the exact same thought recently about the members of CoJ and *their* government in regards to the orders. Anyway, the GA of ODN *elect* their government. If the government did not represent the people, we wouldn't be around all that long. But frankly, I dont think most ODNers care much what you (a non ODNer) thinks about *their* gov.

I don't know why I try to actually seriously answer your wild accusations tbh. I was strongly tempted to just let you rant in here and ignore you, but I must be a glutton for punishment.

I already know your answers to my posts and how you will attempt to twist things to score PR points. I suppose you just prefer trying to score 'points' on the OWF to serious debate and discussion. ::shrugs:: Either way, as I said earlier, its not going to change how events will play out.
[/quote]

The ODN keeps referencing a mystical Cult of Justitia delcaration of war on MK, but keeps failing to produce it. OsRavan, can you produce a CoJ DoW on MK? That's all you really need to do. I'll even let you ride my unicorn while you look for it.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1298393644' post='2641734']
If you really believe that then you should be looking forward with excitement to our election result announcement. :)
[/quote]
Os is beating me to death in the polls... Maybe Schatts onto something. Os must be pro-Schatt! How else could he ever be elected in our fine Network?!?!?!?

I cant claim credit for this, eze posted it on our forums. But I think it perfectly describes this thread:

"What I've learned from that thread so far:

- We're going to surrender to CoJ
- We're going to vote for a gov that likes Schattenmann
- We're signing a treaty with GOONS
- We're only fighting CoJ/64/Kerber"

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1298395056' post='2641758']
I cant claim credit for this, eze posted it on our forums. But I think it perfectly describes this thread:

"What I've learned from that thread so far:

- We're going to surrender to CoJ
- We're going to vote for a gov that likes Schattenmann
- We're signing a treaty with GOONS
- We're only fighting CoJ/64/Kerber"
[/quote]
That's very amusing, OsRavan, but it's not a Dow on MK by CoJ. Keep looking. If the leader of a world-class AA like ODN makes claims like we are defending MK from CoJ, I expect him to have his pants on his waist when he says it, not around his ankles.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1298395239' post='2641762']
That's very amusing, OsRavan, but it's not a Dow on MK by CoJ. Keep looking. If the leader of a world-class AA like ODN makes claims like we are defending MK from CoJ, I expect him to have his pants on his waist when he says it, not around his ankles.
[/quote]

Those tears are so delicious. Keep them coming, they only fuel our boundless orange energy.

Seriously though, you can't e-lawyer your way out of this. All the PR spin you want to try and use, none of it is going to save you from what you've had coming for a long time.

Remember once when you told me that you had taken on my breed of the ODN? Remember that? How do those words taste? How does it feel? If the best you can do is try and win a PR battle when a real one has already commenced, I'd say that adequately shows the sort of character you have.

To take another mans words: "The fights commenced, get to fighting or get away".

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1298395239' post='2641762']
[/quote]

Ohh no im actually going to ignore you on that topic instead. I thought me ignoring you there was obvious when i... well... ignored you. See, I don't feel under any particular burden to justify myself to you.

Especially since you already know where the dow is, but are waiting for me to post it to launch into some speel about how it was a recognition of hostilities instead of a dow. Where upon I will counter by pointing out that whether you felt justified or not it is a formal declaration coming from you at MK. And then you will spew some more about how wrong I am. And I will punch holes in your argument and say your interpretation is wrong. Your friends will think you were right, mine will think I am right. And 20 posts later we will be exactly at this same point as we are now.

Wow, look at that... I can foresee events that have not yet come to pass!

So instead I chose to ignore your transparent attempt at OWF pr. You go on screaming and raging and twisting things in here. I'll sit around waiting for someone on your side to exit PM and actually do something about it.

And on the off chance you are actually that ignorant of how you found yourself in this war and want to learn, as opposed to trying to bait, you are welcome to contact myself or any other member of ODN gov and we will educate you.

Edited by OsRavan

[quote name='Lucius Aerilius' timestamp='1298394853' post='2641754']
Os is beating me to death in the polls... Maybe Schatts onto something. Os must be pro-Schatt! How else could he ever be elected in our fine Network?!?!?!?
[/quote]
I think now that Schattenmann knows that you were the other candidate, he's probably actually hoping for Os to win :P

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1298395820' post='2641771']
I think now that Schattenmann knows that you were the other candidate, he's probably actually hoping for Os to win :P
[/quote]
Oh Admin. Between me, Os and Prox, he should pray to that almighty Admin that no flukes happen and Os wins.