A Treaty Cancellation from TIO

Dave93

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1297743789' post='2633964']
As Emperor of TIO I heartily agree with this decision.

Look for the bright side, Athens and TIO avoided the risk of pay reparations to CSN for using this ODP to join a war. ;)
[/quote]
For...huh...what?

The derp is strong with thiDERPDERPDERPITYDERP

This cancellation was inevitable and it could of been done a couple weeks ago if it was not for our desire to at least try and improve our relations. Despite that, Athens doesn't regret any of the actions we have taken the past few weeks that may have pissed you guys off a little.

Best of luck, TIO.

This is extremely sad to see. Although if you decide to go in one direction while your partner goes in another it's time to cancel. Good luck to both my wonderful allies.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1297736564' post='2633765']
Disregard Athens, Aquire GGA 2.5.009. What could go wrong
[/quote]

No....that's our plan not TIO's. Silly wickedj :rollseyes:

[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1297739965' post='2633866']
Now get rid of the IAA and GATO treaties. :)
[/quote]

IAA-Athens treaty is going no where while I'm around. Even though I have a few people trying to make us cancel it's not happening. Thanks for playing though. :)

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1297740107' post='2633873']
Good choice TIO, good choice. You don't need lapdogs as treaty partners. (although, I have always held Athens in high regard until lately :blink: )
[/quote]

Except losing a lapdog to become someone's lapdog isn't really a good move. Anyway, let's hope TIO's path goes well for them.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1297749169' post='2634161']
Oh well.
[/quote]

Aye. From the outside it looked purely political. It appeared as if you guys were/are royally pissed at MK. Normally people don't like to sign treaties with alliances that they aren't getting along with. Maybe you guys are trying a new fad, who knows? *shrugs*

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1297743789' post='2633964']
As Emperor of TIO I heartily agree with this decision.

Look for the bright side, Athens and TIO avoided the risk of pay reparations to CSN for using this ODP to join a war. ;)
[/quote]

I was beat to making a joke about saving Athens/TIO reps later for fighting on an ODP but you beat me too it :P

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1297747847' post='2634131']
This cancellation was inevitable and it could of been done a couple weeks ago if it was not for our desire to at least try and improve our relations. Despite that, Athens doesn't regret any of the actions we have taken the past few weeks that may have pissed you guys off a little.

Best of luck, TIO.
[/quote]

Jgoods hit the nail on the head. IMO while both alliances are friendly this definitely wasn't a treaty that made sense in terms of the treaty web. Neither do Athens-GATO or Athens-IAA but thats another story for another thread.

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1297749479' post='2634169']
Aye. From the outside it looked purely political. It appeared as if you guys were/are royally pissed at MK. Normally people don't like to sign treaties with alliances that they aren't getting along with. Maybe you guys are trying a new fad, who knows? *shrugs*
[/quote]
Political is a word that has never described the Athens-MK relationship.

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1297747847' post='2634131']
Despite that, Athens doesn't regret any of the actions we have taken the past few weeks that may have pissed you guys off a little.

Best of luck, TIO.
[/quote]

Now that's what I call an honors graduate from the "IDGAF" school of interalliance relations.

Aye. From the outside it looked purely political [b]because that's what everyone wanted it to be[/b]. It appeared that [b]Corrupt[/b] was royally pissed at MK [b]and isn't in Athens anymore[/b]. Normally alliances like to sign treaties with alliances that they [b]signed a suicide pact with and went to hell and back with[/b]. Maybe you guys are trying a new fad, who knows? *shrugs*
[/quote]

Fixed that for you. Also, yes, we were caught off guard and our first reaction may have been anger but after we all cooled off and actually thought about it (novel idea, we know) and discussed it, we realized that we wanted to resign as friends. Any other explanation is just flat out wrong. Athens currently has *no* treaties that aren't based off of friendship. =LOST= being the exception... we only keep them close so we know what they're up to.

Edit: On topic, I still <3 you Skippy :wub:

Edited by Fyfe XIV

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1297748592' post='2634148']
Re-signing the MK treaty was what did it in for me.
[/quote]

MK was superb allies to us for pretty much all of our existence. A lot of us were mad at them over the treaty cancellation but ultimately we decided that if they wouldn't hold our missteps against us that we wouldn't hold one of theirs against them either. MK is not an angel or a demon, they are just another alliance, much like Athens is just another alliance.

Deal with it.

[/quote]
Considering the already existing GOONS-=LOST=, MK-=LOST=, MK-ODN and Umb-ODN treaties, I would say that the MK-Athens treaty really had no effect on politics. If one of us wanted to go to war with the other, we were already going to be able to.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1297750751' post='2634192']
MK was superb allies to us for pretty much all of our existence. A lot of us were mad at them over the treaty cancellation but ultimately we decided that if they wouldn't hold our missteps against us that we wouldn't hold one of theirs against them either. [b]MK is not an angel[/b] or a demon, they are just another alliance, much like Athens is just another alliance.

Deal with it.
[/quote]
Wow $%&@ you.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1297751771' post='2634214']
Considering the already existing GOONS-=LOST=, MK-=LOST=, MK-ODN and Umb-ODN treaties, I would say that the MK-Athens treaty really had no effect on politics. If one of us wanted to go to war with the other, we were already going to be able to.
[/quote]
No don't listen to him, it changed [i]everything[/i].

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1297750472' post='2634184']
Fixed that for you. Also, yes, we were caught off guard and our first reaction may have been anger but after we all cooled off and actually thought about it (novel idea, we know) and discussed it, we realized that we wanted to resign as friends. Any other explanation is just flat out wrong. Athens currently has *no* treaties that aren't based off of friendship. =LOST= being the exception... we only keep them close so we know what they're up to.

Edit: On topic, I still <3 you Skippy :wub:
[/quote]
Friends. What a great foreign policy. I think I'll start signing military treaties with everyone I have a laugh with on IRC and Skype! You hear that Athens, GOONS, MK, Ronin, ODN, NSO--here I come, it's MDP time.

This isn't the !@#$@#$ 5th grade lunchroom. You run your foreign affairs like a teenybopper magazine.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1297751771' post='2634214']
[/quote]

There was some belief that Athens would leave CnG, so yes you guys re-signing with MK had a huge political impact.

Edited by Kevanovia

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1297753742' post='2634249']
There was some belief that Athens would leave CnG, so yes you guys re-signing with MK had a huge political impact.
[/quote]
People thought I/we would leave C&G? lol

The treaty might have had a political impact, but pretty much everything we do has a political impact to some extent. The point is the treaty was not political in nature.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1297752638' post='2634233']
Friends. What a great foreign policy. I think I'll start signing military treaties with everyone I have a laugh with on IRC and Skype! You hear that Athens, GOONS, MK, Ronin, ODN, NSO--here I come, it's MDP time.

This isn't the !@#$@#$ 5th grade lunchroom. You run your foreign affairs like a teenybopper magazine.
[/quote]
Ouch, schatt.

We've had the same FA approach since before HotU and Camelot even merged.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1297754596' post='2634262']
Ouch, schatt.

We've had the same FA approach since before HotU and Camelot even merged.
[/quote]

He does have a point rsoxbronco1, for most of Athens life Jgoods was running around signing anything that had a pulse and spoke back to him :ehm: