The Sun sets over the German Reich, One Last Time

[quote name='Adam Suttler' timestamp='1297861041' post='2635573']Being the oldest member of TGE (from being there from the beginning to this end), I feel that several honorable mentions are necessary.

Lord Cyvole - You demanded an annotation, and you got one. The only brave Frenchie in the German Empire. Your skills with The Sims are unparalleled; may we share a laugh or two while I kick your ass in CC.[/quote]

Two things.

1) You weren't there from the very beginning, nub. I don't think so anyways. My memories of the NIPO are quite vague. And don't forget those stints that you weren't in the alliance either. You were there (possibly) in the beginning AND the end, not TO the end. :P

2) I beat on you badly every time we played CC, stop kidding yourself.

That being said, awww thanks.

Edited by Lord Cyvole

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o/ TGE
i am still a bit shocked, i always wanted to be in a german themed alliance. now, the only ethical one disbanded...against my will. like the real empire in 1918, it collapsed from inside. for the future, i dont know, in what direction i'll go...
Edit: communists took over

Edited by Martin II von Luithlen

[quote name='Martin II von Luithlen' timestamp='1298052193' post='2637646']i always wanted to be in a german themed alliance. now, the only ethical one disbanded...[/quote]

Frankly, I don't think you'd make it past the application process. There's something about the earnestness of TGE members that makes many of them seem to have something jammed in their hind quarters.

But you never know.

If you ever get tired of belonging to an alliance whose leaders laughed at TGE while publicly declaring their undying love, look us up. At least we always had the courtesy to laugh in your face.

[quote name='Martin II von Luithlen' timestamp='1298052193' post='2637646']
o/ TGE
i am still a bit shocked, i always wanted to be in a german themed alliance. now, the only ethical one disbanded...against my will. like the real empire in 1918, it collapsed from inside. for the future, i dont know, in what direction i'll go...
Edit: communists took over
[/quote]
Right. Go have fun with the Communists. I'm sure you'll find plenty of ethics that meet your standards.

Sad to see your alliance disband. I've enjoyed the interactions I've had over the years with TGE, most specifically back in my days as a diplomat in Polaris.

It's always sad to see an alliance disband - especially an alliance of your age. Cybernations loses a lot, with this.

o/ TGE!

21 guns for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqT54C3pNpI

[quote name='Adam Suttler' timestamp='1297861041' post='2635573']
Gerrard Turrill (Tokugawa Mitsukuni/Hermann Hoth) - Brilliant MoW in your time. You were ahead of the game, and were on your feet whenever you needed to be. You were a true friend, and a great fighter. March on, wherever you are.[/quote]

Cheers for the shoutout.

It's a shame - there was a period of time when I'd hope to see TGE burned to the ground. While that sounds petulant, it would have been fitting to see the alliance die on its feet, shooting with everything it had to the last. A fitting end, as it were. Seeing it end like this, on such an empty note, doesn't sit well with me. As much as the alliance was populated with persons who I disliked, it deserved better than this. In a way, the 'verse will be poorer for this loss.

Cheers for the good times, the past and all that came from it. To Ghostlin's sentiment, I can't disagree. Rest well.

TGE was my first home in CN, although TGE's trend to shove many of it's former members across Bob into host of alliances is probably one of the greatest untold stories of TGE's history. I know I was amongst many that left the alliance during the time wanted to see it burn to the ground. While it's unfortunate it has disbanded recently, it was overdue by a couple years. Mainly through the note the invisibility of the alliance after Karma.

Godspeed TGE members to new homes and good luck

- Tanis

[quote name='Vladimir Nikanor' timestamp='1298075524' post='2637879']
Right. Go have fun with the Communists. I'm sure you'll find plenty of ethics that meet your standards.
[/quote]

Everyone knows INT is full of immoral, godless commie scum :awesome:

But we're still better than those dirty NoR members :laugh:

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1298071983' post='2637825']
Frankly, I don't think you'd make it past the application process. There's something about the earnestness of TGE members that makes many of them seem to have something jammed in their hind quarters.

But you never know.

If you ever get tired of belonging to an alliance whose leaders laughed at TGE while publicly declaring their undying love, look us up. At least we always had the courtesy to laugh in your face.
[/quote]

Thats a rather harsh statement to make, if I remember correctly a lot of your membership and a portion of your allies are all ex TGE.

[quote name='Comrade Trotsky' timestamp='1298355970' post='2641495']
Everyone knows INT is full of immoral, godless commie scum :awesome:

But we're still better than those dirty NoR members :laugh:
[/quote]
Oh you're right, we're still the evil, heartless, !@#$%^&* everyone thinks we are. :awesome:

EDIT: OOC: Is that seriously a filtered word? Really? :facepalm:

Edited by Vladimir Nikanor

[quote name='Heinrich Schuster' timestamp='1298369562' post='2641593']
Thats a rather harsh statement to make, if I remember correctly a lot of your membership and a portion of your allies are all ex TGE.
[/quote]
[img]http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3443/tgefoldseasily.jpg[/img]