A Dark Templar Announcement

[quote name='eyriq' timestamp='1297711583' post='2633161']
It would have surprised me just a few days earlier, but I've since read more of his current material and am up-to-date with his agenda. So no, not surprising. Unwelcome.
[/quote]

Uh, Xiph's p. much... always like that.

I'm not sure how you could miss it, if you've been reading his "material".

Edited by Aurion

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1297704745' post='2633057']
is that how you rationalize those superior to you in every way possible? You call them idiots? I bet all the good girls go for the "!@#$%^&" type too, eh? :ehm:
[/quote]

No, I do not call idiots to those superior to me in every way.

[quote name='Panic King' timestamp='1297705259' post='2633061']
This tips the hand in of all the alliances who declared offensively in these wars. For this reason Bob will go down in flames and none shall survive.

DT .. burn them to cinders
[/quote]
It's hard to tip a hand that's been face up for a year. I will admit I'm a recent convert to the "big reps are bad" bandwagon, though. The idea of wars concluding when the fighting concludes is appealing, especially given the long bouts of stagnation and lack of international progress since Karma. I'm fine with token reparations to establish surrender, but beyond that: peace or death.

Annihilation breeds creation. The death of international sick men will make room for the rise of new groups and fresh ideas, all of which will pursue their own agendas and conflict. Out of this cycle comes change, progress, and the positive development of the world. This pursuit is the solemn duty of those who can engage in it.

[quote name='RailForge' timestamp='1297695264' post='2632956']
It hasn't changed at all. I don't know why you'd think that.

When you come in on an ODP you do it because you choose to. It's optional, it isn't an obligation. So when you fight based on an ODP it's because you want to fight those alliances, and the ability to claim that "we were just honoring treaties" is gone, unlike if they'd come in on an MDP. DT deliberately chose to make Legacy their enemy and had no obligation to do so. That blew back on them. It sucks for DT, but this is the path they chose and CN isn't a popularity contest.
[/quote]

*facepalm*

seriously man do you have any common sense or just what is spoon fed to you by your alliance leaders?

like i stated in my post many use an ODP so that they dont have to worry about being in a bad position with allies on both sides of the treaty web...hell ask GATO what that feels like and I'll bet they'll tell you its one of the worst feelings on Planet Bob. I would say ask Rok too but seems they have more of a back bone than you guys do (dont know what's stopping you all from hitting people that hit Rok and people that hit VE still but oh well its not keeping me up at night)

is an MDP higher than a MDP? of course...do you need an MDP+ to go to war? hell no...people join in just to have fun and blow !@#$ up, which is probly one of the reasons why GOD hit DT to begin with.

an ODP means that you are not obligated to, but STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to help defend that ally. if nothing is getting in an alliances way like other wars/conflicting treaties/belief that it was incredibly wrong to even join the war in the first place (that one's usually disregarded when you see your friends taking a beating) then upon signing of the treaty you are essentially saying "we will defend you if we can".

I can guarantee that CSN/GOD would jump to war through an optional in a heart beat if an ally is at war, no questions asked. Now if you even try to dispute that I'll quickly call false cause I guarantee I can find testimony of many of your members/govt who would agree that they would never leave an ally high and dry, exactly like what DT is trying to do

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1297713345' post='2633191']
*facepalm*

seriously man do you have any common sense or just what is spoon fed to you by your alliance leaders?

like i stated in my post many use an ODP so that they dont have to worry about being in a bad position with allies on both sides of the treaty web...hell ask GATO what that feels like and I'll bet they'll tell you its one of the worst feelings on Planet Bob. I would say ask Rok too but seems they have more of a back bone than you guys do (dont know what's stopping you all from hitting people that hit Rok and people that hit VE still but oh well its not keeping me up at night)

is an MDP higher than a MDP? of course...do you need an MDP+ to go to war? hell no...people join in just to have fun and blow !@#$ up, which is probly one of the reasons why GOD hit DT to begin with.

an ODP means that you are not obligated to, but STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to help defend that ally. if nothing is getting in an alliances way like other wars/conflicting treaties/belief that it was incredibly wrong to even join the war in the first place (that one's usually disregarded when you see your friends taking a beating) then upon signing of the treaty you are essentially saying "we will defend you if we can".

I can guarantee that CSN/GOD would jump to war through an optional in a heart beat if an ally is at war, no questions asked. Now if you even try to dispute that I'll quickly call false cause I guarantee I can find testimony of many of your members/govt who would agree that they would never leave an ally high and dry, exactly like what DT is trying to do
[/quote]

uh. no. because we don't hold ODPs. Furthermore, GOD is not at war with DT. How many use ODPs to get attack people?

Also, Rok notified of the path they decided to go on. We're meeting on the other side. Like friends should. Also, technically we're at war with NpO, because of our VE treaty. We went where we needed, lawl. Thats how a war works, you don't just mob one person relentlessly. You [i]cover [/i]people.

Edited by Emperor Whimsical

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1297663729' post='2632538']
*cough* NoR/TGE feud *cough* *cough* *cough*

I'm sorry, what was that? I'm certain you couldn't have possibly been acting as though you have any reason to talk about pettiness, given that the feud mentioned may be the silliest and pettiest in all of CN (which takes some doing, so props for that).
[/quote]

Eh last I checked it was TGE keeping that one alive.

However I remember a certain feud with Echelon you maintained and one with NoR you still maintain. Nice spinning though.

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1297713557' post='2633195']
uh. no. because we don't hold ODPs. Furthermore, GOD is not at war with DT. How many use ODPs to get attack people?

Also, Rok notified of the path they decided to go on. We're meeting on the other side. Like friends should. Also, technically we're at war with NpO, because of our VE treaty. We went where we needed, lawl. Thats how a war works, you don't just mob one person relentlessly. You [i]cover [/i]people.
[/quote]

do you hold any treaties with optional/non-chaining clauses? if so then i bet you have activated that clause sometimes

i bet i could go through many wars and pick out those times people have activated ODPs....NOIR comes to mind first off

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1297712902' post='2633184']
Pro tip: talk to Impero.
[/quote]

Your right ... Dajobo needs to talk to Lennox, er wait i meant Impero ... actually maybe Lennox has some screenshots of the official VE stance that Impero gave him?

[/quote]
GOD withdrew from SPAM I hadnt heard that. Last I checked SPAM was an ODP.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1297713779' post='2633197']
This is ridiculous and I knew there was a reason I never liked CSN.
[/quote]

So, since you'd been here you have hated CSN and 4 years later they give you an excuse? Good to know.

DT: This isn't going to work, I suggest you get comfy, you'll be at this for a while.

[/quote]

so war works by covering other alliances? kind of like how DT covered Legacy for LoSS amirite? as for harsh feelings, DT never had any for Legacy and still have nothing but respect and admiration for Legacy. we never had anything against CSN and actually up to this war, CSN was one of my favorite alliances in CN. now i see them for their true colors though and i hold no respect for them whatsoever. the actions of CSN in this recent war are the only reason DT holds any sort of anger towards them.

Sparta/DF did not hold any treaties w/wF when they hit NV. CSN did not even use a treaty at all to attack LoSS. so since it is easily apparent that treaties are not necessary at all to hit an alliance, why all this crying over DT using an ODP to defend LoSS? seriously guys get a clue please.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1297713680' post='2633196']
Eh last I checked it was TGE keeping that one alive.[/quote]

Even if you're right (which is debatable) it lives still.

[quote]
However I remember a certain feud with Echelon you maintained and one with NoR you still maintain. Nice spinning though.
[/quote]

Our issues with Echelon were resolved [i]entirely[/i] to our satisfaction. So at the very least that one has a significant leg up. It also had much firmer ground to stand on than who ~The True German Empire~ is. So, heh.

[quote name='LordBucks' timestamp='1297714097' post='2633203']
So, since you'd been here you have hated CSN and 4 years later they give you an excuse? Good to know.

DT: This isn't going to work, I suggest you get comfy, you'll be at this for a while.
[/quote]
You're cute, aren't you? Or maybe they're just refreshing my memory, but you just keep thinking whatever you want.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1297709238' post='2633125']
I'm doing pretty well, actually.

Heartily amused by the fact that's it's become convenient for people's PR agenda to once again claim that Xiph is the shadowy puppetmaster controlling everything- it always makes a welcome change from the alternate strategy of acting as though we have no political pull whatsoever.

Edit: As evidenced by the post below me, heh. It's so nice when people go to such lengths to prove me right :v:

How're you doing? Valhalla still treating you good?
[/quote]

Xiph has aquired a reputation though tbh it is well deserved. He is consistent.

Im doing great and Valhalla still is treating me well im going on 16 months as VR and im pleased where we have come to. Though tbh i would really like this issue put to bed so you can move on to your real goal and we can start sharing mead with our allies in DT again.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1297714346' post='2633210']
You're cute, aren't you? Or maybe they're just refreshing my memory, but you just keep thinking whatever you want.
[/quote]

I'm the cutest thing you'll ever see. :3

Edited by LordBucks

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1297707603' post='2633091']
Can someone also tell me why Dark Templar is being crucified for entering the war when LoSS was seeking peace? Doesn't that burden lie with LoSS to inform their ally not to enter because they are seeking peace? I mean that's just common sense and in no way is DT's fault.
[/quote]

Not entirely true. I am beginning to suspect that this is the result of us borrowing Liz's Fall Out Boy album and not returning it on time.

[/quote]

Meh. We're doing just fine over here. You mirin' our style, brah?

[/quote]

lawlz, you honestly think DT put this up here thinking CSN will lower the reps? hahahahahahahaha. also, we be quite comfy. thus far, DT has lost 40k since yesterday. CSN has lost 120k. so i am feeling quite comfy. i am sure the rest of DT is feeling just as comfortable. watching you guys attempt to defend CSN's actions are quite amusing and watching PR's reputation burn for the most part are simply the icing on the cake. and yes i know the caek is a lie, cupcakes all the way and all that jazz. :P

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1297714470' post='2633211']
Xiph has aquired a reputation though tbh it is well deserved. He is consistent.
[/quote]

Yeah, but it's amazing that the rep is so...dualistic. I would think the two things I mentioned would be completely incompatible.

[quote]
Im doing great and Valhalla still is treating me well im going on 16 months as VR and im pleased where we have come to. Though tbh i would really like this issue put to bed so you can move on to your real goal and we can start sharing mead with our allies in DT again.
[/quote]

That's good to hear.

On DT getting out, that's up to Goose. No matter how much some on the OWF would like to pretend it's up to Xiph (though I'm sure it's a big ego stroke for Dear Leader as well).

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1297714315' post='2633207']
Even if you're right (which is debatable) it lives still.

Our issues with Echelon were resolved [i]entirely[/i] to our satisfaction. So at the very least that one has a significant leg up. It also had much firmer ground to stand on than who ~The True German Empire~ is. So, heh.
[/quote]

It might have started because of that but anyone with a bit of knowledge about events in the last 2 years knows TGE gave NoR a lot more reasons for the latter to hate the former.

Edited by Centurius

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1297714658' post='2633215']
[url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Solidarity_Pact_for_an_Allied_Maroon"]Are you sure about that?[/url]
[/quote]

i would suspect that that treaty by GOD solely so GOD can ignore it unless they want to !@#$%* about their "allies" not defending GOD when it comes time that GOD is being gangbanged finally.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1297714735' post='2633217']
Yeah, but it's amazing that the rep is so...dualistic. I would think the two things I mentioned would be completely incompatible.

That's good to hear.

On DT getting out, that's up to Goose. No matter how much some on the OWF would like to pretend it's up to Xiph (though I'm sure it's a big ego stroke for Dear Leader as well).
[/quote]
I am aware it will be gooses call and is it possible for your dear leaders ego to get any larger. Have you guys bid out the construction needed to house it :P.