Will your opinion of Pacifica or Polaris change after this war?

Kalasin

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1298441100' post='2642575']
Is it me or did a Citizen of the Kingdom just insult two of their allies in this conflict?
[/quote]
The Goon Order of Neutral Shoving is long dead and gone, and saying FAN once protected nations on yellow isn't an insult.

There's much better material out there, it would be possible for you to make sense.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1298441808' post='2642587']
The Goon Order of Neutral Shoving is long dead and gone, and saying FAN once protected nations on yellow isn't an insult.

There's much better material out there, it would be possible for you to make sense.
[/quote]

I'm aware of that. I'm simply asking for what a GOON is.. surly if you are one you should know yes?

No more insulting than say.. the Moldavi Doctrine in a different shade?

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1298441902' post='2642591']
I'm aware of that. I'm simply asking for what a GOON is.. surly if you are one you should know yes?

No more insulting than say.. the Moldavi Doctrine in a different shade?
[/quote]

There's no such thing as a GOON. GOoNS is a dead alliance, GOoONaS is currently frustrating those of you not in peace mode, a goon is a nickname for a member of Something Awful. If you really need to know the back story you could use your googler.

I don't see what is insulting about protecting nations from raids. If you can you can, if you can't you can't. Currently you fit in the latter category.

[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1298442206' post='2642595']
There's no such thing as a GOON. GOoNS is a dead alliance, GOoONaS is currently frustrating those of you not in peace mode, a goon is a nickname for a member of Something Awful. If you really need to know the back story you could use your googler.
[/quote]

Not worth my time. Alright, Goonas kills my pinning the goon moniker to you. But it doesn't mean the group of you do not behave any less thuggish.

[quote]
I don't see what is insulting about protecting nations from raids. If you can you can, if you can't you can't. Currently you fit in the latter category.
[/quote]

This seems like a position many of your allies prefer to highlight as an impropriety when it is politically convenient. That said, highlighting their hypocrisy when they do so. Thus why some would see it as insulting where others may not. Others seem to take such behavior as an offense when it suits them though they don't really care either way or they actually think it's a good idea. It would of course, depend on the person in question and their feelings on the issue. That said, it could be an insult. Depends on who you ask and what their real feelings are on it which of course no one could really gauge.

[quote name='Joe Kremlin' timestamp='1298445668' post='2642647']
Is your argument that GOONS are bad because of the word goons (which you don't know the source of)?
[/quote]

Kinda, but I'm more wondering if they don't understand what Goon's means. I know what it means, I defined it earlier.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1298425237' post='2642249']
Then why didn't you pick a better word for your name?
[/quote]
etc

this line of argument is some of the stupidest !@#$ i've seen on the owf. just like no one cares if an alliance is 'evil,' no one cares what their name is.

OOC: The name Goon is from the Something Awful forums where the GOONS originate. It is an acronym, although I expect you know this.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1298456591' post='2642746']
etc

this line of argument is some of the stupidest !@#$ i've seen on the owf. just like no one cares if an alliance is 'evil,' no one cares what their name is.

OOC: The name Goon is from the Something Awful forums where the GOONS originate. It is an acronym, although I expect you know this.
[/quote]

Old response is old. You should read a bit back before you respond. Obviously spoken through the lens of your affiliation. A goon is a thug and so long as goonas refer to themselves as goons.. they shall be the same.

Apparently enough are concerned about good or evil to respond quite passionately about it.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1298458986' post='2642760']
Old response is old. You should read a bit back before you respond. Obviously spoken through the lens of your affiliation. A goon is a thug and so long as goonas refer to themselves as goons.. they shall be the same.

Apparently enough are concerned about good or evil to respond quite passionately about it.
[/quote]

You're from Pacifica, you're thus nothing but salty water. lololololololololoiolololololololololllollololololollolololol

Are you done not making any sense here and spouting the worst line ever because you thought you were being a smart cookie?

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1298421201' post='2642148']
Who did they disband exactly? There's Norden Verein and IAA, who else am I missing? I don't think the alliances I've mentioned hold grudges with Sparta, FOK, etc. over it. Sparta and FOK gave their portion of the reps to MK, who had suffered under the NPO. I don't think the leaderships of those alliances would refuse to acknowledge any wrongdoing.
[/quote]
Over it, just like that. NPO are being squashed for a second time, this time for [b]no reason[/b]. Sparta threw a few quid to MK and MK forgave them. NPO got well beaten then paid out the highest reps ever demanded did nothing for a year and are getting trounced again. Sparta did more than just one thing they took part in the attempt to forcably disband my alliance. [u]Unlike others in that war Sparta was never held accountable[/u] for any past actions the way the rest were. Their day they answer for past crimes will come too.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1298460977' post='2642772']
You're from Pacifica, you're thus nothing but salty water. lololololololololoiolololololololololllollololololollolololol
[/quote]

lmao. it took a couple of seconds for me to get that but it's pretty awesome.

[/quote]
I'd say you should stop before you embarrass yourself but you passed that point in this thread some time ago. You really ought to leave the posting to your betters, as you're managing to not elicit much sympathy at all in a thread which had the potential to elicit a good deal of sympathy for NPO. Good work, champ.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1298410060' post='2641945']
Since you're apparently too ignorant of the English language (by intent or not), I'll divine it for you... He is insinuating you are a gross liar and exaggerator. There.. make more sense? He's also insinuating you're making up these lies because you lack the honor to war with reason.

In short. You're evil.

What a half-thought one-liner. Is this seriously the only response you could come up with?
[/quote]I can read, but there was nothing to respond to. The honourable gentleman created a linguistic impasse which I had no intention of walking into. You can say "you're bad" and I can say "no I'm not" for years, in fact that has already happened and is continuing to happen. The fact is, you don't know whether or not I have been offended by NPO's actions, so telling me I haven't been is objectively wrong and you're stupid for doing it.

No, you're evil. What now !@#$%*???

You're saying nothing. The only difference between my previous post and the one I quoted, is you're taking more words to say nothing with.

[b][Edit][/b] Reading on a bit, it's pretty funny that you can accuse someone of an inability to interpret simple English. But anyway:

[/quote][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nil_per_os]NPO means you cannot eat for medical reasons, and as long as you refer to yourself by that name.. you are not allowed any food.[/url]

Edited by Rocky Horror

[quote name='NorthernLights' timestamp='1298484889' post='2642959']
Alright NPO, time to start enforcing those OWF blackouts again.
[/quote]
Msybe GOONs can try to enforce shark week again instead I think it would be funnier.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' timestamp='1298483085' post='2642933']
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nil_per_os]NPO means you cannot eat for medical reasons, and as long as you refer to yourself by that name.. you are not allowed any food.[/url]
[/quote]

No, Nil per os means that and it's rarely put into acronym. NPO is short for Non Profit Organization and is the most broadly used version of the acronym outside of Pacifica. Technically it means we can't make a profit. But that would be just as bad as not eating. !@#$%^&! You one-upped me.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1298467134' post='2642799']
I'd say you should stop before you embarrass yourself but you passed that point in this thread some time ago. You really ought to leave the posting to your betters, as you're managing to not elicit much sympathy at all in a thread which had the potential to elicit a good deal of sympathy for NPO. Good work, champ.
[/quote]

Sympathy!? You're the ones that need sympathy at the moment. For running yourselves through on our swords!

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1298456591' post='2642746']
etc

[/quote]
Agreed. It is a name. Who cares what GOONS is called? <_<

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1298489108' post='2643015']
Sympathy!? You're the ones that need sympathy at the moment. For running yourselves through on our swords!
[/quote]
And what good is it doing you? This conflict was won by us before it had even began. You should be trying to win the next. But fine, don't take my advice. As I said before, killing you and giving you good FA advice are not mutually exclusive.

[quote name='Finch' timestamp='1298485985' post='2642978']
Msybe GOONs can try to enforce shark week again instead I think it would be funnier.
[/quote]
They are, what do you think the war on you is?

though in this case its prolly more like shark month or quarter on polaris et al.... :lol1:

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1298493960' post='2643072']
They are, what do you think the war on you is?

though in this case its prolly more like shark month or quarter on polaris et al.... :lol1:
[/quote]

LOL IZ FUNNY CUZ WERE NOT AT WAR WITH GOONs :smug:

Edit: Curse you Mori CURSE YOU!

Edited by Finch

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1298507365' post='2643255']
Yes you are, but continue to view things with blinders on. Its 2 seperate wars right? :rolleyes:
[/quote]
I invite you to show me anywhere where a Polar and a GOON nation are currently engaged in hostile actions. Good luck!

Yes you are, but continue to view things with blinders on. Its 2 seperate wars right? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

It doesn't matter how many different wars you think there are. We're still not engaged in hostilities with GOONS. Your original comment was trying to insinuate that the current war involving Polar is a result of GOONS' actions, an assertion to which I am sure both GOONS and VE would object.

[/quote]
Uh, regardless of your feelings on the 2 separate wars issue, NpO is clearly and evidently not in a state of war with GOONS.

I would say this is a dumb argument, but at least it's a step up from "what's a goon."