R&R got bored.

EgoFreaky

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1297191887' post='2625904']
If I were in GATO, I wouldn't want to get involved in those sorts of "bickering" either. It's a losing argument for you.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I just destroyed any argument they had for pursuing reps. Now if they need the tech because they were hurt that bad in this war they can say it and fine let that be their reason. Just don't try to pass off !@#$%^&* on people.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1297191887' post='2625904']
If I were in GATO, I wouldn't want to get involved in those sorts of "bickering" either. It's a losing argument for you.
[/quote]

Excellent, personal attacks on the questioner rather than addressing the problem. Get that from Rush Limbaugh's Big Book of Debating? 3/10 for lazy trolling, try harder next time.

Edited by Laslo Kenez

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1297192373' post='2625914']
Excellent, personal attacks on the questioner rather than addressing the problem. Get that from Rush Limbaugh's Big Book of Debating? 3/10 for lazy trolling, try harder next time.
[/quote]

GATO wasn't the original WAE for nothing you know.

40k in tech seems excessive even if they wanted to do a hit and run. I'd suggest it was more of a "I bet high and expect to end up somewhere in the middle" kind of thing. I wouldn't slap CSN et al too much in the face for it. It's detrimental for your cause Synergy.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1297192131' post='2625910']
I'm pretty sure I just destroyed any argument they had for pursuing reps. Now if they need the tech because they were hurt that bad in this war they can say it and fine let that be their reason. Just don't try to pass off !@#$%^&* on people.
[/quote]

Here's an argument for them pursuing reps. They are winning and they can.
Refute please, and show your work.

If they want to make an example of an alliance that came in on an ODP when peace had already been discussed and hit the smallest member of a front hoping to avoid damage, that is their right as the winner. Is it something I would do? No, but I'm not the one involved in that war either.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1297192667' post='2625921']
40k in tech seems excessive even if they wanted to do a hit and run. I'd suggest it was more of a "I bet high and expect to end up somewhere in the middle" kind of thing. I wouldn't slap CSN et al too much in the face for it. It's detrimental for your cause Synergy.
[/quote]

They shouldn't have asked for anything. I'm just pointing out why. They gave a reason for reps which has been completely dismantled and shown to be false. I want to know the real reason. I can wait.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1297192799' post='2625923']

If they want to make an example of an alliance that came in on an ODP when peace had already been discussed and hit the smallest member of a front hoping to avoid damage, that is their right as the winner. Is it something I would do? No, but I'm not the one involved in that war either.
[/quote]
Factually incorrect. The smallest alliance hitting LOSS is The Brain. And I doubt DT had any delusions that they would be safe from counters. Nor were they looking to hit the soft target, because Legacy is pound-for-pound a tough alliance.

nevermind, Goose's post contradicts itself. Not going to try to decipher it.

[quote name='The Catalyst' timestamp='1297192601' post='2625918']
how come DT came in so late?
[/quote]

I'm no expert. But I think it had something to do with the fact that it was an ODP that doesn't necessarily need honored. But LoSS was getting curbstomped so they decided to make a stand. Just my reasoning though.

Edited by Wu Tang Clan

Here's an argument for them pursuing reps. They are winning and they can.
Refute please, and show your work.

[/quote]

that's a fine argument. They should have went with that instead of trying to hide their real reason behind some !@#$%^&* accusation. They know that taxing an alliance for 40k tech "just because" isn't something that is going to fly. It looks like someone took more damage than they thought they were going to and now they need a way to recoup it. They simply can't admit they took a little beating and need help out of the dirt. That's what it looks like to me.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1297192047' post='2625908']
Why the $%&@ are people going for reps in this war (other than Polar). Don't you people realize what got us to 20,000 inhabitants on Bob in the first place...
[/quote]
There is absolutely no evidence that reps have had anything to do with that. In the post-Karma era, when white peace (or "white surrender") became much more common, the number of inhabitants continued to decline at a similar rate. If anything the fact that alliances these days go to war expecting few to no consequences for losing and no boons at all for winning has likely contributed far more.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1297193138' post='2625929']
that's a fine argument. They should have went with that instead of trying to hide their real reason behind some !@#$%^&* accusation. They know that taxing an alliance for 40k tech "just because" isn't something that is going to fly. It looks like someone took more damage than they thought they were going to and now they need a way to recoup it. They simply can't admit they took a little beating and need help out of the dirt. That's what it looks like to me.
[/quote]

You could also argue that DT knew this and counted on being let go without reps. They gambled and lost.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1297193423' post='2625934']
You could also argue that DT knew this and counted on being let go without reps. They gambled and lost.
[/quote]

Then I would like to know why DT is being treated differently than every other peripheral combatant thus far. It makes no sense.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1297193569' post='2625937']
Then I would like to know why DT is being treated differently than every other peripheral combatant thus far. It makes no sense.
[/quote]

Maybe CSN doesn't like them. It's not an uncommon feeling.

If they want to make an example of an alliance that came in on an ODP when peace had already been discussed and hit the smallest member of a front hoping to avoid damage, that is their right as the winner. [/quote]

Hey, we're not THAT weak, heh. Only a little weak. :awesome:

Anyhow, good luck in your battles R&R.

[/quote]

This might be wrong but I think they loath the fact that DT tried to take advantage of the situation and need to be thought a lesson. Or possibly what my colleague Janax is saying. DT isn't exactly liked much.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1297193938' post='2625943']
This might be wrong but I think they loath the fact that DT tried to take advantage of the situation and need to be thought a lesson. Or possibly what my colleague Janax is saying. DT isn't exactly liked much.
[/quote]
i think we are pretty friendly with them? i think anyway :D
and before anyone says it...yes i know we are at war with them

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1297193938' post='2625943']
[/quote]

Take advantage of what situation? I've already pointed out with words from CSN's leader that there was no situation to take advantage of. Like I said if they just didn't like DT why make the false accusations to some how prop up their request of reps?

You and everyone else should be smart enough to know that things aren't all roses here.

[/quote]
Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that their only MD-level ally who was attacked this war was Nueva Vida, who was attacked by Sparta and Darkfall. Why didn't DT hit Sparta and Darkfall, well, presumably it has something to do with them both being in NOIR - you know the same treaty they cited as their CB for entering the war to begin with.

Allow me to reiterate for anyone who doesn't get it - the ODP they used to come into the war is the exact same piece of paper that mandated they stayed out of it. Does this seem at least unconventional enough to warrant being considered as a special case, magicninja?

came in on an ODP
[/quote]
A trade circle ODP, surely the most binding coalition treaty ever :P

And yes, people can ask for absolutely any thing they want [ooc: as long as the rules allow it] while the other side can decide that they do not want to accept it. I have no problem with either concept, really, but the heated debates over it are always fun to see.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1297194187' post='2625948']
Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that their only MD-level ally who was attacked this war was Nueva Vida, who was attacked by Sparta and Darkfall. Why didn't DT hit Sparta and Darkfall, well, presumably it has something to do with them both being in NOIR - you know the same treaty they cited as their CB for entering the war to begin with.

Allow me to reiterate for anyone who doesn't get it - the ODP they used to come into the war is the exact same piece of paper that mandated they stayed out of it. Does this seem at least unconventional enough to warrant being considered as a special case, magicninja?
[/quote]

No, because I don't see how NOIR even applies in that case. Even if it did their punishment should be expulsion from NOIR seeing as they broke the treaty and wronged those alliances. Where the hell does CSN get the right to punish DT for a wrong that was done to alliances CSN has no connection to? Hell CSN and Legacy didn't even use treaties to enter the war to begin with.