R&R got bored.

EgoFreaky

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Frederico Rodriguez' timestamp='1297167470' post='2625591']
They represent the Alliances opinion well, this is a crap CB attacking one of our allies.
[/quote]
I do believe you have an MDP you could enter in on. Wanna pick up where we left off? If not how about you shut up and lick your wounds.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1297168601' post='2625605']
I do believe you have an MDP you could enter in on. Wanna pick up where we left off? If not how about you shut up and lick your wounds.
[/quote]

I think Kubla our statistical man can give a true point of view of how successful we were against GOD. You can pretend your alliance did half decently against us if you want, but it would be just that, pretending.

Entering the war again? Never know, might happen. I wouldn't mind shutting up a few of you trolling kids with a nuke :)

Edited by Frederico Rodriguez

I have to laugh at all the GATO members getting all angry up in here. Do something about it, or take that white peace you secured for one of your allies from RIA, who generally give white peace anyway, and $%&@ off back to your ivory tower that is still intact because you skipped out of the war so fast.

Having said all that, this is still a pathetic move and I wish my friends in LoSS all the best, may your missiles fly true and your soldiers fight to their last breath.

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

[quote name='Frederico Rodriguez' timestamp='1297169834' post='2625611']
I think Kubla our statistical man can give a true point of view of how successful we were against GOD. You can pretend your alliance did half decently against us if you want, but it would be just that, pretending.

Entering the war again? Never know, might happen. I wouldn't mind shutting up a few of you trolling kids with a nuke :)
[/quote]
You sure talk big after surrendering to us in under two weeks of war. By all means, put your infra where your mouth is.

[quote name='Frederico Rodriguez' timestamp='1297169834' post='2625611']

[/quote]

You should refrain from commenting any further in this thread. Neither GATO nor GOD focused heavily on one another, and to claim otherwise is out of line.

On topic, considering that TIO has now taken peace, LOSS probably was not going to be around much longer anyway. This was pretty unnecessary.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1297141631' post='2625271']
There are consequences for supporting Polar's actions and for attacking SF. Get over it.
[/quote]

DT attacked SF? I don't read the OWF as much as I should, guess I missed the announcement of legacy joining SF.
and supporting polar's actions? I thought CSN declared on LOSS based on fake logs stating that LOSS could take on CSN, what does that have to do with polar?

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1297159154' post='2625531']
I've little concern for LoSS. We offered white peace which they declined as TIO was still involved. They came back again and we offered white peace with a few joke terms consisting of a few pictures and 5 haikus. This was met with a declaration from DT on Legacy, our ally that was fighting with us. The alliance not doing the most damage, and one of the weakest connected on the front. You want to help LoSS? Tell them to pull their heads from their asses, contact someone from the alliances still at war with them and discuss terms.[/quote]

Not everyone thinks joke terms are funny. As an alternative to cash/tech reparations (which we have not seen so far, thank God/Gaia/insert deity name here) however they are far superior. It's also entirely possible that LoSS simply had a "John Paul Jones" moment ("I have yet to begin to fight!"), and now as forces shift to other fronts they'll figure out that they aren't a 18th century sea captain and the time draws near to pack it in (or strike the colors if you prefer...).

An indication that white peace (or something approximating it) is still possible would probably go a long way. I would encourage LoSS to at least explore it and if harsh terms are presented, consider fighting on with some additional reinforcements (if practical).

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1297177599' post='2625681']
Not everyone thinks joke terms are funny. As an alternative to cash/tech reparations (which we have not seen so far, thank God/Gaia/insert deity name here) however they are far superior. It's also entirely possible that LoSS simply had a "John Paul Jones" moment ("I have yet to begin to fight!"), and now as forces shift to other fronts they'll figure out that they aren't a 18th century sea captain and the time draws near to pack it in (or strike the colors if you prefer...).

An indication that white peace (or something approximating it) is still possible would probably go a long way. I would encourage LoSS to at least explore it and if harsh terms are presented, consider fighting on with some additional reinforcements (if practical).
[/quote]
I think the problem was, Chairman, that LoSS hadn't rejected terms based on anything the terms contained, but rather because they wanted to see TIO and later DT out of the fight before or as they withdrew. A noble enough sentiment, to be sure, but they can hardly claim to be being oppressed when that's their reason for not accepting a painless surrender.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1297179941' post='2625728']
I think the problem was, Chairman, that LoSS hadn't rejected terms based on anything the terms contained, but rather because they wanted to see TIO and later DT out of the fight before or as they withdrew. A noble enough sentiment, to be sure, but they can hardly claim to be being oppressed when that's their reason for not accepting a painless surrender.[/quote]

I absolutely respect alliances that stick it out in a war to make sure their friends also get a "graceful exit"...but yeah, a stiff upper lip is in order while doing so.

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1297159154' post='2625531']

I agree. We should have let Hydra burn to the ground. Please ask your government to get in touch with us regarding terms. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm still open to terms that I believe you would find very ammenable.
[/quote]

Well I'd like to point out:

1.) We never asked you for help.
2.) You never asked us if we needed help.
3.) You never told us you would help
4.) You did not cite us as a reason for going to war
5.) You never made any effort to keep in touch with us during the war
6.) One of your members was proactive and setup an embassy at our forums during the war and your government told him that was not authorized and he had to shut it down
7.) ?????
8.) Could you be crying any more right now?

So honestly, tell me why we should have any sense of gratitude toward a bunch of arrogant pricks who are asking Dark Templar pay almost 50% of their alliance tech in reparations simply for following a treaty.

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1297170487' post='2625620']
You should refrain from commenting any further in this thread. Neither GATO nor GOD focused heavily on one another, and to claim otherwise is out of line.

On topic, considering that TIO has now taken peace, LOSS probably was not going to be around much longer anyway. This was pretty unnecessary.
[/quote]

LoSS has always had a peace offer on the table. It's not our responsibility to constantly ask them if they're ready to peace out yet. As it is, based upon current information, they're still not willing to leave yet so I fail to see how this was pretty unnecessary?

[quote name='Big Z' timestamp='1297183432' post='2625782']
LoSS has always had a peace offer on the table. It's not our responsibility to constantly ask them if they're ready to peace out yet. As it is, based upon current information, they're still not willing to leave yet so I fail to see how this was pretty unnecessary?
[/quote]

You guys in SF have shown reason before. Be reasonable now and let LoSS and DT leave without any reps. They were both just following a treaty. That is preferable to all the hurrumphing going on around here. Then you guys can focus elsewhere.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1297184294' post='2625793']
You guys in SF have shown reason before. Be reasonable now and let LoSS and DT leave without any reps. They were both just following a treaty. That is preferable to all the hurrumphing going on around here. Then you guys can focus elsewhere.
[/quote]

Not trying to be a smart ass here or anything but how did DT just following a treaty? If I'm not mistaken they enacted an ODP to hit a closed off portion of the war to maximize damage without getting any other people on them. Pretty much what \m/ did. If so, I can live with the fact that DT should pay reps (not a crippling amount mind you). Even though iFOK has an unwritten rule of asking no-reps.

Edited by kriekfreak

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1297184647' post='2625798']
Not trying to be a smart ass here or anything but how did DT just following a treaty? If I'm not mistaken they enacted an ODP to hit a closed off portion of the war to maximize damage without getting any other people on them. Pretty much what \m/ did. If so, I can live with the fact that DT should pay reps (not a crippling amount mind you). Even though iFOK has an unwritten rule of asking no-reps.
[/quote]

So they were deployed, using a valid treaty, where they would have maximum effect? Holy !@#$, make them disband!

[/quote]

A treaty is a treaty. Going in with strategic intent of not having anyone declare on you in return is often used in wars like this so I don't see how anyone could be surprised. I think what the whole affair actually hinges on is whether or not LoSS was in serious talks for peace and willing to accept when DT came in.

[quote name='Manis B' timestamp='1297184743' post='2625799']
People need to lay of Gibs. He had nothing to do with this.
[/quote]

This

gibs may be a failure, a worthless waste of space, and quite possibly the whipping boy of every IRC channel but he isn't some warmonger.

sorry about that gibs :wub:

[/quote]

What's reasonable then in your opinion?

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1297185223' post='2625809']
A treaty is a treaty. Going in with strategic intent of not having anyone declare on you in return is often used in wars like this so I don't see how anyone could be surprised. I think what the whole affair actually hinges on is whether or not LoSS was in serious talks for peace and willing to accept when DT came in.
[/quote]

Yes it's a treaty, but it's an ODP part of NOIR. That isn't the strongest of treaties. DT wanted in on the other side and picked a controlled part of the conflict in which they could maximize output damage and minimize input damage. Some people would call that bandwagoning (not me though). It barely reduced any pressure from LoSS and thus you can conclude that DT didn't do this to help LoSS out. What their actual motives were to do this? I'm not sure. I could be to preserve infra and not come off like a hippy (sitting on the sideline would give them a lot of negative PR). That's just speculation though.