pezstar

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1296768730' post='2618179']
Howdy pezstar,

Any thoughts on how STA got into this mess? Not just in the last 2 weeks, but the over the power drift from post Karma. How were you outflanked politically/diplomatically by people who hate your ally? Was this war a surprise?

Thanks
[/quote]

First and foremost, we aren't in a mess. We haven't been attacked and are only in this war because of treaty obligations. So we haven't gotten ourselves into any mess. We're too careful for that.

This happened because folks have decided that Polaris needs to burn. No one has ever really been able to satisfactorily explain why that is to us, but I guess our standards for what constitutes reasons to be mad at folks are a little bit higher. I do wish I could answer it though.

It wasn't particularly surprising, no. MK straight up told us Polar was the next target, and it had been stated publicly several times.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1296768272' post='2618165']
That's going a little far there buddy. In the future, I suggest you take what YOU think the line is and take like 5 steps back from it, and then proceed with your question.
[/quote]

Pezstar, if you want to take my question and make it dirty, by all means go ahead. I, of course, was talking about a bag of spotted dicks.

Any suggestions having never encountered them myself?

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1296768785' post='2618181']
Oh good. For a second I was worried for all of the Richards out there.
[/quote]

Or the private investigators! Gumshoes, if you will.

[quote name='Jaymjaym' timestamp='1296768803' post='2618182']

What are your thoughts on the Sparta/AZTEC front/conflict?

[/quote]

We know that there's a whole group of folks who think it's cool to declare war on folks without a CB and that there's nothing wrong with it.

We're not one of those people. We think it's crap.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' timestamp='1296768848' post='2618184']
Why do you guys have decent to large warchests? Only ex-Cit nations/alliances are supposed to have those.
[/quote]

We have pretty strict warchest requirements. If folks don't meet them, they're at the bottom of the list for tech deals and they're not eligible for reconstruction aid. We also send them into war first and give them a trial by fire to learn their lesson. Inevitably, after they're done rogue busting or with their one round of war, they come to the reconstruction department asking for aid. It's fun to tell people no, sometimes.

Edited by pezstar

[quote name='NorthernLights' timestamp='1296769011' post='2618191']
Pezstar, if you want to take my question and make it dirty, by all means go ahead. I, of course, was talking about a bag of spotted dicks.

Any suggestions having never encountered them myself?
[/quote]

Oh, I once ate some SPAM, and ever since then, I refuse to eat food in a can. That is why I used it as an insult! Stuff in a can is usually pretty gross. Especially cake. Yuck.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1296769229' post='2618197']
Oh, I once ate some SPAM, and ever since then, I refuse to eat food in a can. That is why I used it as an insult! Stuff in a can is usually pretty gross. Especially cake. Yuck.
[/quote]
Just wait till you get acquainted with a canwich.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1296768967' post='2618189']
First and foremost, we aren't in a mess. We haven't been attacked and are only in this war because of treaty obligations. So we haven't gotten ourselves into any mess.[/quote]

*looks at 30 Day Alliance Strength History chart*

*looks at Seipher Caim's Complete Topography map*

Ah. Yes. Of course. Simply a vernacular turn of phrase, no offense meant.

This happened because folks have decided that Polaris needs to burn. No one has ever really been able to satisfactorily explain why that is to us, but I guess our standards for what constitutes reasons to be mad at folks are a little bit higher. I do wish I could answer it though.[/quote]

Not quite the nuanced in-depth analysis from the strategist command center of your snow forts I was hoping for, but there's something to be said for being straightforward and to the point.

It wasn't particularly surprising, no. MK straight up told us Polar was the next target, and it had been stated publicly several times.
[/quote]

I see. Thank you for the reply.

Good luck, STA.

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1296770702' post='2618228']
Has your opinion changed towards any alliance, if so who and why? And has your opinion of WF improved or degraded? How well did they fare?
[/quote]

Echoing this, I know they have stats, do they fight well? Have you gotten to meat my good friend President Hardin?

Any chance of NSO and STA hitting the paper after this war?

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1296768730' post='2618179']
Howdy pezstar,

Any thoughts on how STA got into this mess? Not just in the last 2 weeks, but over the power drift from post Karma. How were you outflanked politically/diplomatically by people who hate your ally? Was this war a surprise?

Thanks
[/quote]
This war in general was not a surprise. Anybody could see that it was a likely result of the political climate. Given the popularity at large of Polaris after the BiPolar war I'm not sure that any real repair could have been effected short of severing ourselves from them. It has never been our policy to leave friends because of the way political winds are blowing, and I'm not sorry that we didn't.

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1296770702' post='2618228']
Has your opinion changed towards any alliance, if so who and why? And has your opinion of WF improved or degraded? How well did they fare?
[/quote]

Argent. We really didn't ever think so much about them at all, and then we went to war with them. They are awesome. Always on the ball. I'm sorry that I didn't get to interact with my opponents much. *ooc* We had a HUGE snowstorm here, for the 4th time this winter. Or the 5th. It's all melded together. Plus I'm pregnant and sometimes, my computer screen makes me nauseated. GO FETUS GO! So there were literally like 4 or 5 days in there where I just couldn't touch my computer. It was nice talking to them while I was active, though!*

So yeah. Argent. I think that, out of all of our opponents, their small, 50ish man alliance has caused us the most damage. And they've been completely polite and cool to us. They're really awesome folks.

As for WF, we didn't really have an opinion of them before the war. They've been nice to us, and we've been nice back. I'd say our opinion is favorable overall. The only complaint we have is that apparently, they're trying to offer us peace, but none of them have ever actually approached us about us, and are instead speaking to us through our allies. Come talk to us, WF! The last time our allies spoke for us, MK got preempted, so we really prefer to speak for ourselves.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1296770891' post='2618234']
What do you think of the current strategy of hitting the opponents most isolated or weakest members the hardest, that has been shown in this war?

Examples:fronts on SLCB, iFOK, and GOONS
[/quote]

I wasn't privvy to all of these discussions, so as far as SLCB go and GOONS go, I don't know about that. I didn't really pay attention either. There's a lot going on. As for iFOK, that was done to prevent triggering certain folks from coming in. And also because anyone who supported that stupid CB deserves it.

I think GOONS was probably for the same reason as iFOK, though that's kind of silly since that side has shown they don't care about a CB, and TOP has certainly shown that they don't mind attacking preemptively.

That said, it concentrated the damage and pissed off some folks who really deserved to be made upset. I approve of any strategy that causes huge amounts of damage to an opponent.

[quote name='bzelger' timestamp='1296771473' post='2618242']
This war in general was not a surprise. Anybody could see that it was a likely result of the political climate. Given the popularity at large of Polaris after the BiPolar war I'm not sure that any real repair could have been effected short of severing ourselves from them. It has never been our policy to leave friends because of the way political winds are blowing, and I'm not sorry that we didn't.
[/quote]

A solid stance.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1296771620' post='2618247']
Argent. We really didn't ever think so much about them at all, and then we went to war with them. They are awesome. Always on the ball. I'm sorry that I didn't get to interact with my opponents much. *ooc* We had a HUGE snowstorm here, for the 4th time this winter. Or the 5th. It's all melded together. Plus I'm pregnant and sometimes, my computer screen makes me nauseated. GO FETUS GO! So there were literally like 4 or 5 days in there where I just couldn't touch my computer. It was nice talking to them while I was active, though!*

So yeah. Argent. I think that, out of all of our opponents, their small, 50ish man alliance has caused us the most damage. And they've been completely polite and cool to us. They're really awesome folks.

As for WF, we didn't really have an opinion of them before the war. They've been nice to us, and we've been nice back. I'd say our opinion is favorable overall. The only complaint we have is that apparently, they're trying to offer us peace, but none of them have ever actually approached us about us, and are instead speaking to us through our allies. Come talk to us, WF! The last time our allies spoke for us, MK got preempted, so we really prefer to speak for ourselves.
[/quote]

Cool, thanks for your reply. I take it Argent had very good warchests and a solid strategy or would you say its because they are so heavyweight focused?

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1296771892' post='2618255']
Cool, thanks for your reply. I take it Argent had very good warchests and a solid strategy or would you say its because they are so heavyweight focused?

[/quote]

In pretty much every war I've seen, you'll get an opponent alliance who does most stuff right, but misses an attack here or there, or screws up staggers or acts rudely to you, or has crappy warchests.

Argent did everything right. Every single day, the attacks came in the right order, and nothing was left out. The warchests were good. I don't think we found anyone with a bad one. They were polite and fun to talk to. They were solid opponents.

While I don't think your [img]http://s1.hubimg.com/u/55464_f260.jpg[/img] is worth my [img]http://s3.hubimg.com/u/55522_f120.jpg[/img] and [img]http://s2.hubimg.com/u/55421_f260.jpg[/img]. I'm sure we can all enjoy [img]http://s2.hubimg.com/u/55517_f120.jpg[/img] in your [img]http://s1.hubimg.com/u/55436_f120.jpg[/img] with my [img]http://s2.hubimg.com/u/55441_f260.jpg[/img]. Perhaps some [img]http://s1.hubimg.com/u/55516_f120.jpg[/img]with a side of [img]http://s1.hubimg.com/u/55424_f120.jpg[/img] and wash it down with my [img]http://s1.hubimg.com/u/55512_f120.jpg[/img].

Not to worry, if you have [img]http://s4.hubimg.com/u/55471_f120.jpg[/img], I have plenty of[img]http://s4.hubimg.com/u/55507_f120.jpg[/img] for you.

bon appetit :(( GOONS :((

Edited by Hidraca

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1296772683' post='2618273']
If you were to win the war, what type of terms would you impose on your enemies? Why?
[/quote]

In this situation, we wouldn't impose any. All wars on us were defensive in nature. We're not huge fans of the aggressive attack via ghost declaration method, but, having been in a coalition war before, we recognize that sometimes, things are just necessary.

So yeah. We wouldn't impose any.

[quote name='Karolina' timestamp='1296773164' post='2618287']
Do you think this war will produce any new allies for STA?
[/quote]

I don't know. We haven't really befriended anyone new. We're thinking about maybe actually signing with NSO, but we've been talking about that for a year and we never do it. So who knows!

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1296773272' post='2618289']
I don't know. We haven't really befriended anyone new. We're thinking about maybe actually signing with NSO, but we've been talking about that for a year and we never do it. So who knows!
[/quote]
Thank you very much.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1296773272' post='2618289']
[/quote]
We keep leaving each other at the alter :(

OOC: Also, glad to hear you survived the snopocalypse. More in a few days!