A lesson on set ups

The Big Bad

I am the Bad for those that have a real idea of what I have done for many years on Bob you are aware most of my work is not for public disclosure. It also should not come as a surprise to very many that I have had a part in a large variety of black operations over the years. I have never been exposed nor has anyone who has ever worked for me. That is because their are smart ways to do things or stupid ways to do things. VE chose the stupid way. Lets look at where they made their mistakes.

VE allowed an outsider to set Polar up for them. An outsider that does not like them and that was just as likely setting them up. VE rushed into a war that is going to see both Polar and VE damaged and VE has come out looking like aggressive idiots. If VE was going to trust Lennox to set Polar up they should have been more cautious about it. Once Lennox sent the screen shots and Polar came to VE to let them know he had, VE should have backed out of the op and looked for another chance later. Instead VE's leadership foolishly panicked and went to war. Trusting Lennox was mistake number one, going to war when the set up went balls up was mistake number two.

Lets face it Polar has bad blood from the last couple of wars. If VE had set them up proper they would be basking in poplar opinion and not now have people lining up on the other side that would not have been their.

Trusting an outsider that does not like you and then rushing into a war with no idea what you are doing exposes some serious failures in VE leadership. They should have backed off when it was clear Polar was not going play along and instead expose the entire fiasco. VE then could have tried again later with a more trusted agent or have waited for another way to spark the conflict.

The question that has to be asked is why did VE allow this public face palm to happen? Did they some how think peoples dislike of Polar would make people blind to the fact that the CB was bogus and that they had poorly tried to set Polar up? Did they think they had more support then in reality they do? Lets face it this done correctly would have made Polar look bad and VE good. Instead the exact opposite has occurred. Who in VE's gov would allow such foolish choices to be made?

In conclusion if your going to set somebody up do it right. Doing it the VE way just makes you look like an idiot.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1295578242' post='2587586']
I am the Bad for those that have a real idea of what I have done for many years on Bob you are aware most of my work is not for public disclosure. It also should not come as a surprise to very many that I have had a part in a large variety of black operations over the years. I have never been exposed nor has anyone who has ever worked for me. That is because their are smart ways to do things or stupid ways to do things. VE chose the stupid way. Lets look at where they made their mistakes.

VE allowed an outsider to set Polar up for them. An outsider that does not like them and that was just as likely setting them up. VE rushed into a war that is going to see both Polar and VE damaged and VE has come out looking like aggressive idiots. If VE was going to trust Lennox to set Polar up they should have been more cautious about it. Once Lennox sent the screen shots and Polar came to VE to let them know he had, VE should have backed out of the op and looked for another chance later. Instead VE's leadership foolishly panicked and went to war. Trusting Lennox was mistake number one, going to war when the set up went balls up was mistake number two.

Lets face it Polar has bad blood from the last couple of wars. If VE had set them up proper they would be basking in poplar opinion and not now have people lining up on the other side that would not have been their.

Trusting an outsider that does not like you and then rushing into a war with no idea what you are doing exposes some serious failures in VE leadership. They should have backed off when it was clear Polar was not going play along and instead expose the entire fiasco. VE then could have tried again later with a more trusted agent or have waited for another way to spark the conflict.

The question that has to be asked is why did VE allow this public face palm to happen? [b]Did they some how think peoples dislike of Polar would make people blind to the fact that the CB was bogus and that they had poorly tried to set Polar up?[/b] Did they think they had more support then in reality they do? Lets face it this done correctly would have made Polar look bad and VE good. Instead the exact opposite has occurred. Who in VE's gov would allow such foolish choices to be made?

In conclusion if your going to set somebody up do it right. Doing it the VE way just makes you look like an idiot.
[/quote]

I've always respected you because you tell it like it is (when your not doing the backroom stuff haha). You've provided an excellent flow of reasoning and the sentence I've highlighted basically sums up my feelings about this engagement. I'm selfishly happy about how much discussion has been generated because of their actions since its entertaining.

Interesting read, however someone engaged in "black operations" wouldnt proclaim it in public. That could put everyone involved in operations past present and future in harms way and greatly hamper future abilities to operate in that vein. Using it a preface to make a point is far more damming but im no practioner of special ops, I wouldnt know the first thing about it.

You do however have a point, there was certainly enough ill will floating around to get a better orchestrated CB against Polar, it was sloppy, but successful.

[quote name='Viridia' timestamp='1295579013' post='2587604']
From your argument I would conclude that the only possible logical explanation was that this was not, in fact, a setup. If you looked at your post without bias, you might come to the same logical conclusion.
[/quote]

No eveyone knows it was a set up. Using Lennox was not a wise move. And when the entire set up went balls up and Polar came to tell them they were being spied on they should have let it end then and waited for something better if they were not able to make things happen themselves. Instead as the entire plot began to collapse and Polar prepared to go public VE jumped into war. If it was not a set up why refuse to talk to Polar when they came to warn them about a spy? Why rush into the war to avoid the entire fiasco was about to be made public? It was a set up all right. A poorly thought out and poorly lead one. Done right it could VE could have come out looking. Done this poorly it has VE looking like fools.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1295581566' post='2587689']
I don't trust the opinion of someone that doesn't know when to use their/there, when to use commas, apostrophes, and makes an IRC channel dedicated to himself.

Tedd.
[/quote]

Yet you trusted Lennox to lead your alliance in to war? Did he use his commas correctly when he was making you look like complete idiots? When I reduce you to this level I know I have won. You crawl off to whatever little hole you came from and come on back when you have something relevant to say. I can not believe I am stuck dealing with dregs like this guy. Come on I know some of you boys on the other side have and IQ above 5 and something to say. Where are ya?

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1295583170' post='2587735']
Yet you trusted Lennox to lead your alliance in to war? Did he use his commas correctly when he was making you look like complete idiots? When I reduce you to this level I know I have won. You crawl off to whatever little hole you came from and come on back when you have something relevant to say. I can not believe I am stuck dealing with dregs like this guy. Come on I know some of you boys on the other side have and IQ above 5 and something to say. Where are ya?
[/quote]

You could drown in your hypocrisy and ignorance.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1295582538' post='2587718']
No eveyone knows it was a set up. Using Lennox was not a wise move. And when the entire set up went balls up and Polar came to tell them they were being spied on they should have let it end then and waited for something better if they were not able to make things happen themselves. Instead as the entire plot began to collapse and Polar prepared to go public VE jumped into war. If it was not a set up why refuse to talk to Polar when they came to warn them about a spy? Why rush into the war to avoid the entire fiasco was about to be made public? It was a set up all right. A poorly thought out and poorly lead one. Done right it could VE could have come out looking. Done this poorly it has VE looking like fools.
[/quote]
You are trying way to hard, man. How could we have forced the Polar guy(whatever his name is) into telling Lennox to come after us, without his knowing about it? Are you going to say he was in on it too next? Use the tin foil for baking, not hats.

Uh, I'm not sure this was a foolish call since you know, they're winning horribly. I mean, I do disagree with using Lennox and even using him after he admitted he was setting up Polar, but to argue it was a foolish decision because the public doesn't like this (which isn't true at all btw) is just foolish itself.

It does make VE jerks, but it's hardly that bad of an idea.

I tried to tell VE that they should have just used me. I'm much better at causing diplomatic incidents and generating CBs. But noooooooo, they just had to outsource it to some lazy foreigner from NSO or something. He couldn't even speak English. Ugh.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1295578444' post='2587590']
I don't think I can trust your credibility. What black ops were you involved in? How can I know that you actually know what you are talking about?
[/quote]
Remember Atlantis?

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1295581566' post='2587689']
I don't trust the opinion of someone that doesn't know when to use their/there, when to use commas, apostrophes, and makes an IRC channel dedicated to himself.

Tedd. [/quote]

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1295582768' post='2587726']
Impero has his own channel now?
[/quote]

LOL. You win the thread, Senator.

[quote name='The Big Bad']
Words
[/quote]
[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1295581263' post='2587678']
I bet he's got his golden guns in the new call of duty game.
[/quote]

How's the Pack-A-Punch machine brah? Didn't know you were still so desperate for attention. "IMA THA KING OF BLACK OPS." :smug:

Edited by Smooth