Ragnarok declaration of war

Tautology

[quote name='Creeping Death' timestamp='1295502502' post='2585358']
Sad to see an old fried turncoat.
[/quote]
You're alliance made up a fake spy scandal and attacked their friend. They are no turncoat if you're supposed to be that old "friend". Where did they announce their loyalty to PC over Polar? You will probably be cast down for this Rok but its the bravest alliance decision i've seen in years. Good luck.

Edited by Alterego

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1295517805' post='2586031']The Mutual Aggression of SuperFriends came into play afterwards, at which time I assume that Rok's path was already set.[/quote]
Pretty much, since RoK told SF well ahead of time that they were going in (to honor an MD). Supposedly, GOD and RnR neglected to do the same.
In addition, the MA article of Superfriends needs to be activated by vote (as previously pointed out), which was not convened.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1295511865' post='2585949']
That makes as much sense as saying NPO ruined the game of cybernations before there was even a cybernations.

-omfg
[/quote]
No, it more like makes as much sense as saying GATO hated the alliances that would form the Initiative even before the World Unity Treaty was signed and published. Establishment of alliances is not compareable to the beginning of the world.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1295513650' post='2585990']
Honestly, if that's the case it begs the question: why did Hoo leave?
[/quote]

saying this as a friend and not as an insult.

Not the first time he's left RoK, and if he ever decides to rejoin RoK, it won't be the last time he has left RoK.

as for the actual topic of RoK and not the topic of Hoo

Good luck RoK, there are certain people in PC who ruined that whole alliance to me, so roll them good.

Edited by CptGodzilla

[quote name='CptGodzilla' timestamp='1295518477' post='2586042']
saying this as a friend and not as an insult.

Not the first time he's left RoK, and if he ever decides to rejoin RoK, it won't be the last time he has left RoK.
[/quote]
True but that doesn't really answer the question. Hoo left claiming that he wanted to honour the treaty he signed, why would he join NpO to do that if RoK were always going to honour it?

[quote name='hertugen' timestamp='1295518597' post='2586044']
Maybe you should have a look in their declarations as well. I think a said something similar in all those threads.
[/quote]
Well then you're wrong on several counts, because neither one of them would have left NpO alone on the battlefield.

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1295518637' post='2586046']
True but that doesn't really answer the question. Hoo left claiming that he wanted to honour the treaty he signed, why would he join NpO to do that if RoK were always going to honour it?
[/quote]

Well since I am not in the loop anymore, the only thing i can do is guess based on what i know.

One of the biggest things that i do know is that recently Hoo hasn't been active (which can be seen by his stepping down as emperor) and from what it seems from all the threads and rumors spreading like wildfire, only a few select people knew what was actually going on (you know, the way things like this should be)

So logically one could induce that Hoo recently became active seeing there was a big war. He talks to some people who he trusts, they don't know the full truth on what is going on, thus his opinion is slightly skewed. He leaves RoK only to find out that he left for no reason at all

Again, this is only based on what I know about the situation and the people involved, the former being limited.

Well PC still has more offensive wars than defensive even with STA and RoK together. I don't think you'll be much of a worry even before PC's allies roll in. Nice to see you choose Polaris over another MD ally in VE after Polar decided to spy on them though.

At least you know you're on the right side I guess with NPO/NSO/SOS/UPN cheering you on. I hope PC buries you.

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1295518743' post='2586049']
Well then you're wrong on several counts, because neither one of them would have left NpO alone on the battlefield.
[/quote]

He's wrong on no accounts because he never said they would, I really don't know what you're getting at here.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1295519007' post='2586055']
Well, choosing between allies is always hard. I know this was coming tho when you informed Polaris about VE's intentions. You couldn't possibly stick with VE after that.
[/quote]

[quote name='NpO-RoK MDoAP']
B. The signatories shall neither engage in nor condone espionage against the other. Intelligence concerning either of the signatories shall be shared as appropriate.
[/quote]

and

[quote name='fant0m' timestamp='1295519218' post='2586059']
Well PC still has more offensive wars than defensive even with STA and RoK together. I don't think you'll be much of a worry even before PC's allies roll in.[b] Nice to see you choose Polaris over another MD ally in VE[/b] after Polar decided to spy on them though.

At least you know you're on the right side I guess with NPO/NSO/SOS/UPN cheering you on. I hope PC buries you.
[/quote]

Its called honoring treaties.

Edited by Weezy

o/ RoK

You had every opportunity to get in on the "stomping" side of the curbstomp, but decided to dive headfirst into the fray based on a treaty signed in good faith! Much respect!

As for PC/iFOK, you guys should take a page from the book of RoK - leaving NEW to burn with MD pacts while jumping all over an oA clause to get in on a curbstomp. cudos guys, cudos.

o/NpO

[quote]"RoK ignores treaties, and has abandoned their true friends."

"What makes you say that?"

"They picked NpO over VE? VE are their true friends!"

"The defensive pact in the NpO-RoK treaty was activated first. VE attacked NpO, their treaty with VE was never activated."

"Okay... why would they pick NpO over their super friends then?"

"The aggression clause in the Super Friends treaty requires a majority of the bloc to vote and affirm to go to war. This vote never took place. Moreover, the defensive clause in the Super Friends pact has yet to be activated. RoK's only current obligation is to NpO."

"...Rok ignores treaties, and has abandoned their true friends."[/quote]

Lets save some time.

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1295519497' post='2586065']
Lets save some time.
[/quote]

You forgot the part where Polar spied on RoK's friends and RoK defended Polaris after VE found out about it and didn't just sit back and take it.

[quote name='fant0m' timestamp='1295519218' post='2586059']At least you know you're on the right side I guess with NPO/NSO/SOS/UPN cheering you on. I hope PC buries you.[/quote]
Actually, I'm cheering them because yesterday I called them out as cowards for leaving Polar to rot, even as they held an MDoAP with them.
They grew a pair since then, so they've earned my praise and apologies for my earlier remarks. That's really all there is to it.

[quote name='fant0m' timestamp='1295519719' post='2586067']
You forgot the part where Polar spied on RoK's friends and RoK defended Polaris after VE found out about it and didn't just sit back and take it.
[/quote]

There is a similar cycle of claims and conjectures surrounding the CB as well. Like this argument, no progress has been made and no consensus has been reached. The fact that the validity of the CB itself is in doubt, is obvious at the point where there is an escalating war being fought over it.

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1295519281' post='2586060']
He's wrong on no accounts because he never said they would, I really don't know what you're getting at here.
[/quote]
It's complicated so I'll break it down. He thanked RoK and said he knew that they wouldn't leave NpO alone on the battlefield, despite the fact that six other alliances had joined in defense of NpO the day before. So whether RoK went in or not, NpO wouldn't have been alone on the battlefield. He then said that he'd issued the same comment to these other six alliances, that he knew each one wouldn't leave NpO alone on the battlefield, although even if one of those alliances hadn't gone in NpO still wouldn't have been alone alone on the battlefield. Each alliance that has come in for NpO has been thanked for not leaving them alone on the battlefield, despite the fact that if that alliance hadn't have come in NpO still wouldn't have been alone on the battlefield.

I guess if only one alliance had gone in then the thanks would have made sense, but as soon as one alliance has gone in then NpO aren't alone on the battlefield and I don't see how and further alliances can get credit for not leaving NpO alone on the battlefield. "Thanks guys, even though you're the eighth alliance to come to our aid, I knew you wouldn't leave us on our own".

[/quote]

So, what is exactly is your argument?

No matter what Polar did, RoK was still obligated to defend them. Unless there was some "unless they haved $%&@ed up" clause in there I didn't know about.

[/quote]

Yes, that's exactly what happened. Maybe, that's not how everybody interprets it. I know that's hard for you to comprehend since it's not the line you lot in MK have been fed but unfortunately, it's just how it is. Not everyone views things through your eyes.

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1295519917' post='2586070']
There is a similar cycle of claims and conjectures surrounding the CB as well.
[/quote]

So RoK is ignoring the spying because of "claims and conjectures" that come from..........enemies of VE? Please show me some proof of evil VE's plans to go behind RoK's back to destroy their ally.

[quote name='Weezy' timestamp='1295520037' post='2586074']
So, what is exactly is your argument?

No matter what Polar did, RoK was still obligated to defend them. Unless there was some "unless they haved $%&@ed up" clause in there I didn't know about.
[/quote]

My point is RoK chose a terrible alliance who spied on their long term friends. Unless RoK knows VE fabricated this entire CB they should have sat this one out considering this war at it's core is between 2 of their MD allies. Trying to make out that Polar is fighting a defensive war is ignoring the crime and act of aggression they committed in starting this.