A Final Announcement from Knight Anarch of the Mushroom Kingdom

Metallica5000

[quote name='Professor Chaos' timestamp='1295206398' post='2577447']Taking a moment to stop poking you guys with a stick for a second, I'll ask a serious question. What would you have happen instead? Maintenance of the current status quo, where everybody wants to go to war and everyone is too scared to do it? [/quote]
That is exactly what is happening.

This entire thread is nothing but trying to refresh the same old while effectively doing nothing meaningful.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Professor Chaos' timestamp='1295206398' post='2577447']
Taking a moment to stop poking you guys with a stick for a second, I'll ask a serious question. What would you have happen instead? Maintenance of the current status quo, where everybody wants to go to war and everyone is too scared to do it? Far too many characters, on both side of the world divide, are too afraid to make the first move. At the very least, Anarch is doing [b]something[/b].

Sir Paul and Cortath poked and prodded at MK, testing like spoiled children, to see just how much they could get away with. Now, thanks to Anarch, their bluffs have been called. How will they respond? Will someone on your end do something about it, or is it just going to be more whining and complaining about how this is an example of how boring the game is?

You can't have it both ways- complaining when nobody is willing to do something [b]AND[/b] complaining that the something that gets done isn't interesting enough for your tastes. If you want something different from MK-NPO, make it happen yourself.
[/quote]
Actions of a single nation rarely if ever accomplish much of note, so it's hard to say he's "doing something about it" as even if it was his intention, his actions will likely have no repercussions to the world at large. He is doing this for his own benefit and amusement, and little else. Making petty war is [i]not[/i] "doing something about it."

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1295206515' post='2577453']
We've reformed, but I'd have to ask what is your current state as the actions of your group leave me a little boggled given what it supposedly fought for. Unfortunately, I do not have the senses to perceive your intent more clearly. Only you will know what your intent is.
[/quote]

No, no. I understand you've "reformed" by necessity of your position (funny how that works) and everything we fought for has been remedied thus far, seeing as no one has been disbanded, run out of this game, or pruposefully kept from pursuing their destiny.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1295206924' post='2577466']
No, no. I understand you've "reformed" by necessity of your position (funny how that works) and everything we fought for has been remedied thus far, seeing as no one has been disbanded, run out of this game, or pruposefully kept from pursuing their destiny.
[/quote]

Apparently Myths sees it as necessary to leave the world. So.. my question is.. are people not being run out of the game or are you simply failing to perceive the effect your policies are having upon it? Your own brethren are apparently exiting.. if you are being truthful.

The collective population of world leaders seems to decline daily of late. Are you truly achieving the goals you claim?

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1295206577' post='2577454']
How is breaking a stagger defending MK? I think breaking a stagger is directly contrary to defending MK, no?
[/quote]

Voytek was only trying to defend our King. Im guessing his breaking of a stagger was an innocent accident as he probably forgot to check thw ar screen. Maybe if NPO had coordinated with MK efforts to defend our king, things wouldn't have turned out like they did.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1295206924' post='2577466']
...everything we fought for has been remedied thus far....
[/quote]
You made a "fine" example of it here if I might say.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1295207095' post='2577470']
Voytek was only trying to defend our King. Im guessing his breaking of a stagger was an innocent accident as he probably forgot to check thw ar screen. Maybe if NPO had coordinated with MK efforts to defend our king, things wouldn't have turned out like they did.
[/quote]
Maybe he should be ridiculed publicly by the Kingdom for messing up the stagger, like MK did to PC and others for their messing up of staggers in the Karma war.

The lack of that is most telling.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1295207088' post='2577469']
Apparently Myths sees it as necessary to leave the world. So.. my question is.. are people not being run out of the game or are you simply failing to perceive the effect your policies are having upon it? Your own brethren are apparently exiting.. if you are being truthful.

The collective population of world leaders seems to decline daily of late.
[/quote]

Neither Boredom or perma-zi are inclusive of the other.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1295207391' post='2577477']
Neither Boredom or perma-zi are inclusive of the other.
[/quote]

They can be. Boredom can be an equivalent of a perma-zi. It can have exactly the same effect. You briefly lead the world in its dance of death and then you left it bored to tears.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1295207240' post='2577473']
Maybe he should be ridiculed publicly by the Kingdom for messing up the stagger, like MK did to PC and others for their messing up of staggers in the Karma war.

The lack of that is most telling.
[/quote]

We don't publicly ridicule members of our alliance. Voytek has received stern reprimands from our leadership and praise from the members who believe our King deserved protection by a member of MK>

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1295207467' post='2577479']
They can be. Boredom can be an equivalent of a perma-zi. It can have exactly the same effect. You briefly lead the world in its dance of death and then you left it bored to tears.
[/quote]

So edgy yet falling short of convincing.

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1295207648' post='2577484']
Look, all I can tell from this is that either A: MK supports and attempts to aid roguery upon our alliance, or B: Voytek is incompetent at war. Which would you like, MK?
[/quote]

~ThE cAlLoUt~ Yet I find myself completely undecided on the matter.

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1295207575' post='2577482']
So edgy yet falling short of convincing.
[/quote]

All you have to do is look at the population of world leaders to be convinced.

[quote]
~ThE cAlLoUt~
[/quote]

Ooh.. can't wait to see the response to that one, lol.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1295206357' post='2577444']
No, it really wasn't. Simply making a point is all. You can't say "scoff! proxy wars and petty jabs are a sign of the global decline"... then promptly turn around and bend over in favor of making more petty jabs instead of war.
[/quote]

What, you want us to attack them over this? Seriously?

Edited by Letum

The minority government of Immortal Rhodesia is concerned and dismayed by the petty squabbling surrounding this issue. The brave soldiers of Voytek and Pacifica are united in their resolve and determination to see Anarch brought to justice and they are in our thoughts and prayers.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1295207847' post='2577489']
What, you want us to attack them over this? Seriously?
[/quote]

Other members of your alliance are blatantly calling this MK-sponsored rogue activity on the emperor of your alliance, and you don't think that's worthy of war? If that's not a good enough CB for proud Pacifica, I shudder to think of what it [b]would[/b] take.

Edited by Professor Chaos

[quote name='Professor Chaos' timestamp='1295208114' post='2577500']
Other members of your alliance are blatantly calling this MK-sponsored rogue activity on the emperor of your alliance, and you don't think that's worthy of war?
[/quote]

Worthy of what now? I thought that, as a member of NPO, I had an automatic exemption from needing CB's. No, I was more surprised that VE seemed to push for a war against MK rather than a diplomatic solution.

Other members of your alliance are blatantly calling this MK-sponsored rogue activity on the emperor of your alliance, and you don't think that's worthy of war? If that's not a good enough CB for proud Pacifica, I shudder to think of what it [b]would[/b] take.
[/quote]

If you let your opponents dictate the time and place of battle, you may as well give them the war.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1295204389' post='2577393']
Well yeah. NPO is one of the most benevolent alliances on the planet.
[/quote]

Opposite day again already I see.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1295207648' post='2577484']
Look, all I can tell from this is that either A: MK supports and attempts to aid roguery upon our alliance, or B: Voytek is incompetent at war. Which would you like, MK?
[/quote]

It's not exactly a hard choice... Everyone knows that Voytek is a black sheep in terms of MK military competence... I blame his earlier affiliation

[/quote]
Heh. If we can get proof of it, don't worry, you'll get your war.