Legio Frigidum

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1292447659' post='2540344']
I'm surprised no one else noticed this.

A full day after the posting of the original treaty, the treaty text was edited to include the red text below:

It's clear that a full day after the posting of the treaty, they threw in a last-minute non-chaining clause. Thoughts on why they made the decision just now and not from the get-go?
[/quote]

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1292448060' post='2540345']
All Polaris treaties are non-chaining so no surprise here.
[/quote]

Probably a case of they have everything non-chaining as a matter of policy, but somebody decided they should write it into the actual text on this one to preemptively shut up the e-lawyers.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1292448719' post='2540350']
Or perhaps Polar got hollered at by [i]certain[/i] treaty partners to change this to non-chaining...
[/quote]

This was exactly what happened.

[img]http://www.philzimmermann.com/images/TinFoilHatArea.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Zessa' timestamp='1292449649' post='2540357']
Polar treaties are non-chaining as per our policies. The edit was, in all likelihood, due to an oversight on someone's part.
[/quote]

ZOMG WTFBBQ!!! Conspiracy!!!1!

Since I know this will need to be said a 3rd time to make it clear:

[b]All Polar Treaties are non-Chaining[/b]

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1292447659' post='2540344']
I'm surprised no one else noticed this.

A full day after the posting of the original treaty, the treaty text was edited to include the red text below:

It's clear that a full day after the posting of the treaty, they threw in a last-minute non-chaining clause. Thoughts on why they made the decision just now and not from the get-go?
[/quote]
Without that clause it reads as a supremacy clause rather than a non-chaining one. Not surprising they changed that.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1292385452' post='2539935']
Arbiter was MOFA at that time iirc is that not legion gov? And the logs as you asked showed it wasnt only arbiter that aluded to an outside source. So are you blind or just looking to pick a fight?
[/quote]

I was looking for an affirmation at that time that polar was indeed the alliance they dropped you for. Seeing as you guys (valhalla) liked to point that out so soon in the thread and indeed you were wrong. I just wanted to know the facts of what happened and not the constant speculation, so no I was blind, but now I see the truth of the situation. Still I would like a fight, but I doubt you will provide so why bring it up?

Not knowing the whole situation is not a cause for a quip like that, seeing as you are the #2 in a relevant allianc then you should know better than to show signs of losing your temper like that.

Edit: Spelling fail, and grammar fail

Edited by King William IV

Ziperia: I said they'd signed a treaty with a more important alliance than the one they dropped, not that it was a good decision. Like I say, I don't want to comment on whether that is the case or not.

Haflinger:
[img]http://www.redcorona.com/cn/images/NPOcluster.png[/img]
Here is the cluster which I am referring to by 'NPO/Purple'. Valhalla was also formerly in it, and Invicta was Purple, so the name perhaps doesn't really make so much sense any more. You can be called 'NPO sphere' if you prefer :P.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1292452156' post='2540384']
Here is the cluster which I am referring to by 'NPO/Purple'. Valhalla was also formerly in it, and Invicta was Purple, so the name perhaps doesn't really make so much sense any more. You can be called 'NPO sphere' if you prefer :P.
[/quote]
Where are our other MDPs? You seem to only have NPO, NSO and Legion there. Also you seem to have a line to either FEAR or TPF. We have no treaty with FEAR and an ODP with TPF.

The cluster appears to me to include NPO, Invicta, FEAR, Legion, NATO, NSO, Hydra, TPF, and one other alliance whose name is difficult to see; Wolfpack perhaps.

Of this only Legion and Hydra are purple. Actually there are five teams represented.

[quote name='King William IV' timestamp='1292451897' post='2540379']
Not knowing the whole situation is not a cause for a quip like that, seeing as you are the #2 in a relevant alliance then you should know better show signs of losing your temper like that.
[/quote]
A quip is hardly losing ones temper, and trust me that was not a case of Buds losing his temper.

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1292455389' post='2540454']
A quip is hardly losing ones temper, and trust me that was not a case of Buds losing his temper.[/quote]

I didn't say he lost his temper because I never thought he did, so glad we are on the same page ^_^

Note: I do know where you come from, but it was never my intention to say he lost his temper, just showing signs of it, and a quip can be seen as such.

Edit: Removed a though after did because it seemed terribly placed and unnecessary

Edited by King William IV

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1292452847' post='2540399']
Where are our other MDPs? You seem to only have NPO, NSO and Legion there. Also you seem to have a line to either FEAR or TPF. We have no treaty with FEAR and an ODP with TPF.

The cluster appears to me to include NPO, Invicta, FEAR, Legion, NATO, NSO, Hydra, TPF, and one other alliance whose name is difficult to see; Wolfpack perhaps.

Of this only Legion and Hydra are purple. Actually there are five teams represented.
[/quote]
It [i]used to be the case[/i] that NPO Allies and Purple was a reasonable name for that bloc of power. With Invicta changing spheres, UPN pulling away in BiPolar, and Legion dropping Valhalla and BAPS (thus, also losing the connection to Olympus) the name doesn't really fit. Perhaps you'd like to come up with a catchy new name for that part of the treaty web?

Edited by NoFish

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1292457112' post='2540468']
It [i]used to be the case[/i] that NPO Allies and Purple was a reasonable name for that bloc of power. With Invicta changing spheres, UPN pulling away in BiPolar, and Legion dropping Valhalla and [s]Olympus[/s]BAPS the name doesn't really fit. Perhaps you'd like to come up with a catchy new name for that part of the treaty web?
[/quote]
slight edit, before Haf makes a big thing of it

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1292440360' post='2540292']
I really don't think that you are in position to judging anything traitor, but your post is deliciously ironic.

Also, congratulations in being a failure as leader. :laugh:
[/quote]

Oh please, you're in no place to criticise others for !@#$posting. I mean, Grump's post wasn't even that awful. And trust me I'm not a fan of Grump.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1292457112' post='2540468']
It [i]used to be the case[/i] that NPO Allies and Purple was a reasonable name for that bloc of power. With Invicta changing spheres, UPN pulling away in BiPolar, and Legion dropping Valhalla and Olympus the name doesn't really fit. Perhaps you'd like to come up with a catchy new name for that part of the treaty web?
[/quote]The obvious joke here would be to call them "WCE", but they're really for the most part an entirely different portion of the web so carry on.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1292457733' post='2540480']
Oh please, you're in no place to criticise others for !@#$posting. I mean, Grump's post wasn't even that awful. And trust me I'm not a fan of Grump.
[/quote]

You know because I said his post was deliciously ironic? No, you don't. Try again.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1292440360' post='2540292']
I really don't think that you are in position to judging anything traitor, but your post is deliciously ironic.

Also, congratulations in being a failure as leader. :laugh:

[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]JERRY JERRY JERRY!
I love it. Two dysfunctional nincompoops go at it. We need more popcorn.

On a more serious side, this treaty is still bafflingly hilarious. Legion is the anti-Sparta; whereas Sparta tries to pick a winner, Legion picks a loser. Off the top of your head, when was the last time Legion won a war? Were they ever militarily credible, and anything more than a grab-astic amoebic pool of failures and do-nothings?[/color]

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1292452156' post='2540384']
Ziperia: I said they'd signed a treaty with a more important alliance than the one they dropped, not that it was a good decision. Like I say, I don't want to comment on whether that is the case or not.

Haflinger:
[/quote]

A) We should start calling them the 'Invicta Sphere' because it'd be funny.

B) I like how it appears SLCB is part of the Polar camp from that angle.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1292463927' post='2540566']
A) We should start calling them the 'Invicta Sphere' because it'd be funny.

B) I like how it appears SLCB is part of the Polar camp from that angle.
[/quote]

... and here I am, agreeing with Umbrella on something...

Polaris is now closer to the Invict-o-Sphere than ever before.