Announcement from The Prolific Empire

KingEd

[center][IMG]http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt228/cnprolific/BlkTPEAP.png[/IMG][/center]
[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b][center]Prolific Decree[/center][/b][/font][/size]

As of this 21st of November, 2010. The Prolific Empire has closed all embassies of alliances to which we are not directly allied to. Most of the time, these Embassies go unused for months and there's truly no point in having them. In end: all TPE Foreign Affairs will be conducted through IRC.

[b]The Affected Alliances:[/b]
[list]
[*]Independent Republic of Iron Nations
[*]Down Right Awesome Group of Nations
[*]Multicolored Cross-X Alliance
[*]Hydra
[*]New Pacific Order
[*]Tetris
[*]Global Alliance and Treaty Organization
[*]The Order of Light
[*]Europa
[/list]

[b]Note: All Diplomatic Mask will be removed, and User Accounts Deleted w/ the exception of Banksy :wub: and Diplomats from our allies. [/b]

To those that wish to conduct some sort of Foreign Affair relations with us or just talk with our members - Feel free to find us on IRC: #tpe and if you desire, Query one of our serving Government members.

/s/, [b]The Prolific Empire[/b]

Homeboy, [b]Triumvir[/b]
KMan28, [b]Triumvir[/b]
KingEd, [b]Triumvir[/b]

Britt Daniel, [b]Councilor[/b]
Dark Fox, [b]Councilor[/b]
Kitler, [b]Councilor[/b]
[center] :smug: [/center]

Edited by KingEd

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1290399981' post='2519966']
The deletion of the accounts seems excessive but whatever floats your boat.
[/quote]

Not really. If their not going to be doing FA work on our forums, then there's no reason for them to be there. Just what we think is appropriate to do is all.

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1290400178' post='2519971']
Not really. If their not going to be doing FA work on our forums, then there's no reason for them to be there. Just what we think is appropriate to do is all.
[/quote]

Interesting.

I have to agree with Mr Damsky; deleting accounts is pretty excessive. Diplomats from other alliances love to hang out in general discussion/spam areas and get to know people.

Oh well, less embassies to keep track of can't be a bad thing :P

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1290400475' post='2519977']
Yes, but if you go deleting the accounts of everyone that registers and never posts, how will you build up a nice database to compare IPs against when spy-sniffing?
[/quote]

We have other means of sniffing out any potential spies. However, I don't see why anyone would want to spy on an alliance such as ourselves. :smug:

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1290399927' post='2519965']
As of this 21st of November, 2010. The Prolific Empire has closed all embassies of alliances to which we are not directly allied too.
[/quote]
to*

Also, seems like a rather small list. I cleaned out more than that just in inactives, let alone non-allies. :v:

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1290400471' post='2519976']
Interesting.

I have to agree with Mr Damsky; deleting accounts is pretty excessive. Diplomats from other alliances love to hang out in general discussion/spam areas and get to know people.

Oh well, less embassies to keep track of can't be a bad thing :P
[/quote]

Not to mention the drag it is, for me, to mask folks. Very annoying process.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1290400889' post='2519988']
to*

Also, seems like a rather small list. I cleaned out more than that just in inactives, let alone non-allies. :v:
[/quote]

There were more, but those were periodically deleted over time. Now, we're just closing and deleting them all. Something we should have done a long time ago.

Fixed the to* lol

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1290402279' post='2520007']
So isn't it effort to demask them! :P
[/quote]

I'm actually in the process of "Selecting All" Option Set: Delete All Selected Accounts. [Perform]!

Done. :awesome:

Edit...

Actually I'm lying...Homeboy is doing the forum portion of this announcement. I'm too lazy to do any of this. :lol1:

Edited by KingEd

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1290400475' post='2519977']
Yes, but if you go deleting the accounts of everyone that registers and never posts, how will you build up a nice database to compare IPs against when spy-sniffing?
[/quote]

IP's change a little too much for that to be effective, just from my experience in the past.

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1290486092' post='2520932']
This move actually makes sense. With ODN telling you which treaties you are allowed to sign, having foreign embassies and diplomats is pointless.
[/quote]

I almost said something very hurtful I'm sorry about that. I realize your opinion must be negatively effected by personal experience. While we are on the topic who holds your leash?

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1290486092' post='2520932']
This move actually makes sense. With ODN telling you which treaties you are allowed to sign, having foreign embassies and diplomats is pointless.
[/quote]

Har har, we as a sovereign alliance take our own path in FA. This was simply one of the ratifications to our FA policy we decided to approach and followed through with. Now if you have something more intelligent with actual facts instead of opinions based on what treaties we have and who we are allied with please do post, but I don't take kindly to our work being disregarded and being set to be someone else's work or opinion on what we should be doing.