The New Kingdom Standard

Archon

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1290494868' post='2521067']
I don't get the signatures. Aren't you guys the moralists these days? I mean I keep seeing you !@#$%*ing and moaning about people canceling trade circles or kicking out your diplomats and going on and on about how "it isn't right" that these things are happening to you.

Are all the quotes, some of which are quite good, sarcasm?
[/quote]

You should probably look to your own alliance. That's probably where all the whining noise you're hearing is coming from.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the signatures. Aren't you guys the moralists these days? I mean I keep seeing you !@#$%*ing and moaning about people canceling trade circles or kicking out your diplomats and going on and on about how "it isn't right" that these things are happening to you.

[/quote]

That's up for you to disseminate, not us.

[quote name='Scorbolt' timestamp='1290497007' post='2521080']
No, our actions are not dictated by any moral conventions. Also, I have not seen any !@#$%*ing or moaning from us. Only extortion and righteous indignation.
[/quote]

Demanding that others not interfere with you isn't a moral position?

Also I suspect you're not clear on what the word "righteous" means.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1290498231' post='2521091']
Demanding that others not interfere with you isn't a moral position?

Also I suspect you're not clear on what the word "righteous" means.
[/quote]

Here a meant it in the sense that our indignation was justified not that it had a moral basis.

Edited by Scorbolt

[/quote]
When we demanded compensation during the trade circle fiasco, morality didn't come in to it. You may remember the reasoning was that we lost potential back collections (or whatever).

Kicking diplomats and editing posts is common diplomatic courtesy. That is not morality.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1290498231' post='2521091']
Demanding that others not interfere with you isn't a moral position?[/quote]
No, it isn't a moral position.

Edited by Banksy

The signatures are that we're not going to let a sense of appeasement morals get in the way of the fact we're playing a !@#$@#$ [ooc]game[/ooc] and we're the best at it. We play how we want to play and don't live to please, we live to have fun. [ooc]Games[/ooc] are supposed to be fun, not places to show who can be the politest and nicest. My only moral is that I won't let my morals get in the way of enjoying the [ooc]game.[/ooc]

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1290502506' post='2521111']
Moralists who have no idea what moralism is are my favorites.
[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing actually.

As one of the amoralists here, considering that I have never claimed to be acting in any way other than blatant self interest for the aim of pushing my personal agendas, I can state definitively that while it may be correct to state that the direct actions undertaken by MK in regards to the seeking of financial restitution were not specifically moralist or intended to cause moral recriminations, the external actions via threats and otherwise meowing because your backroom dealings were made public were aimed at pushing for a moral conclusion. Considering the failure of that endeavor the further meowing in regards to diplomats being expelled from an alliance, which is the sovereign right of any alliance, in an attempt to gather some form of public sympathy for your plight reeks of moralist platitudes. "They wro[i]u[/i]nged us so we must go to the public boards and cry about it to the world" seems at the very least to be what you were decrying NSO about just a few days previously.

To claim moral or righteous indignation and then state that you want to ignore the moralist position is a faulty process.

Now, as one that has used the [i]perception[/i] of righteous indignation in attempts to prompt moralists into action in the past I can readily see the value of such approaches so long as the message remains constant. You either embrace the position that you were wro[i]u[/i]nged and run with it or you don't start the race to begin with. MK seems to have gotten a few feet from the finish line and given up.

I always preferred to create my own demons and enemies within this realm because they were easiest to manipulate and direct in regards to their subsequent activities. MK has some that are also good at this sort of indirect justification but I believe that the "moralist" subconcious that so many of you possess prevents you from acting on it appropriately or fully.

tl;dr

Embrace the Dark Side.

[quote name='Trace' timestamp='1290491611' post='2521032']
If before was broke, then now its been blasted into oblivion. It's terrible. Also yes this is the first time I've seen this, not having read anything on our forums or here for ages. Was just bored and a little drunk, but still, that thing is NOT an improvement, even if you happen to think the original was broke, which it wasn't.
[/quote]I suddenly like the new flag a lot more!

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1290519668' post='2521195']
I was thinking the same thing actually.

As one of the amoralists here, considering that I have never claimed to be acting in any way other than blatant self interest for the aim of pushing my personal agendas, I can state definitively that while it may be correct to state that the direct actions undertaken by MK in regards to the seeking of financial restitution were not specifically moralist or intended to cause moral recriminations, the external actions via threats and otherwise meowing because your backroom dealings were made public were aimed at pushing for a moral conclusion. Considering the failure of that endeavor the further meowing in regards to diplomats being expelled from an alliance, which is the sovereign right of any alliance, in an attempt to gather some form of public sympathy for your plight reeks of moralist platitudes. "They wro[i]u[/i]nged us so we must go to the public boards and cry about it to the world" seems at the very least to be what you were decrying NSO about just a few days previously.

To claim moral or righteous indignation and then state that you want to ignore the moralist position is a faulty process.

Now, as one that has used the [i]perception[/i] of righteous indignation in attempts to prompt moralists into action in the past I can readily see the value of such approaches so long as the message remains constant. You either embrace the position that you were wro[i]u[/i]nged and run with it or you don't start the race to begin with. MK seems to have gotten a few feet from the finish line and given up.

I always preferred to create my own demons and enemies within this realm because they were easiest to manipulate and direct in regards to their subsequent activities. MK has some that are also good at this sort of indirect justification but I believe that the "moralist" subconcious that so many of you possess prevents you from acting on it appropriately or fully.

tl;dr

Embrace the Dark Side.
[/quote]Acute, but still reliant on a mis-characterisation of the Kingdom. If you look with an unbiased eye at any of the recent announcements, the tone is not earnest. They do not rely on the good nature of your alliance and alliances like it; we do not pretend that you have good natures of which to take advantage. We have acted in our own interests. We have aimed to get a good return for ourselves and see that right is done by us. We claim no [i]moral[/i] indignation and we make no appeal to moralist arguments regarding our defence and sovereignty.

A fine dissertation, but on analysis it is wroung.

Edited by Rocky Horror

[quote]mor·al·ism (môr-lzm, mr-)
n.
1. A conventional moral maxim or attitude.
2. The act or practice of moralizing.
3. Often undue concern for morality.[/quote]

Pretty much anybody that follows a "right" and "wrong" belief on Planet Bob therefore is a moralist. Friends > Infra was a moralist position, unless you're going to tell me that you did it solely for PR that you would then use for political capital for Karma which would be the most hilarious historic revisionism since Vlad's claim that NPO won GWI.

OOC: Stop being stupid all of you. The use the word "moralist" in CN has made it mean pretty much nothing.

[quote name='SoulVici' timestamp='1290556208' post='2521570']
Congrats on the new flag MK. Unfortunately all the effort is for not as NPO still has the single best flag on bob.
[/quote]

Urge to repost a certain flag, rising...

Congrats on the new flag MK. Unfortunately all the effort is for not as NPO still has the single best flag on bob.
[/quote]
You guys should have stayed with the 'Strength, Peace, Prosperity' one imo.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1290562127' post='2521645']
You guys should have stayed with the 'Strength, Peace, Prosperity' one imo.
[/quote]
It's less the flag itself and more the fact that it's NPO's flag. Which naturally makes it awesome. We could have a plain white flag and it would still be the best flag on bob. The white flag example is also why we, contrary to popular belief, won karma.

[quote name='SoulVici' timestamp='1290563531' post='2521659']
It's less the flag itself and more the fact that it's NPO's flag. Which naturally makes it awesome. We could have a plain white flag and it would still be the best flag on bob. The white flag example is also why we, contrary to popular belief, won karma.
[/quote]
You're trying way too hard.

[quote name='shaneprice' timestamp='1290564894' post='2521673']
Forgive me for saying, however, this new standard seems to be taking a step backwards rather then forwards.
[/quote]
I'm sure they'll forgive you, but I won't; the original was a travesty of flag design, this one is much, much better. :v:

[/quote]

The MK flag is more beautiful when flapping in the wind than the flag of Pacifica.

We also do not punish members for spilling their alcoholic beverages on it