Changes to Ragnarok government

Tautology

[quote name='El Hefe' timestamp='1289682257' post='2512107']
I think when push comes to shove, we'll find MHA once again bailing on a treaty to avoid fighting in the war. To be fair, it probably won't be another eternal treaty (as you've already bailed on the ones you had) but nevertheless I'm sure MHA will find a way to just as impressively bail on their ally.
[/quote]

This thread is already full of erroneous comments and irrelevant history and I'd hate to dwell on another, but when ROK went into Karma to defend their ally and were attacked by IRON, MHA honored our treaty to you and went to war for you. We had only just left Continuum when IRON attacked, but we were there. So the very "crime" you accuse us of doing? Yeah, we did it for ROK. I'm sorry that this means so little nowadays, and that subsequent Governments let relations fail, but the past itself remains unchanged.

Anyway, another congrats and good luck to ROK.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rugby' timestamp='1289693740' post='2512347']
This thread is already full of erroneous comments and irrelevant history and I'd hate to dwell on another, but when ROK went into Karma to defend their ally and were attacked by IRON, MHA honored our treaty to you and went to war for you. We had only just left Continuum when IRON attacked, but we were there. So the very "crime" you accuse us of doing? Yeah, we did it for ROK. I'm sorry that this means so little nowadays, and that subsequent Governments let relations fail, but the past itself remains unchanged.

[/quote]

I wasn't in RoK at the time. That still doesn't change the fact that you literally bailed on NPO despite a 1 year cancellation clause. Also doesn't change what happened with Harmlins.

Glad to know MHA can support the winning side in a war - I'm sure it took real courage to side with RoK over IRON and Co.

That said, this thread has absolutely nothing to do with MHA, so we should probably take any continued comments about anything other than RoK's change in government out of the thread.

Hoo and Kait will definitely be missed, but I've got full faith in Taut to lead us.

o/ Hoo
o/ Kait

[quote name='Ying Yang Mafia' timestamp='1289684586' post='2512151']
Although I'm pretty sure most RoKKers past and present were thanking their lucky stars when you ceased to call RoK your home.
[/quote]
You couldn't be more right.

[quote name='Ying Yang Mafia' timestamp='1289684586' post='2512151']
That's not what happened, any "normal former RoKKer" could tell you that. Although I'm pretty sure most RoKKers past and present were thanking their lucky stars when you ceased to call RoK your home.
[/quote]

Seconding (thirding, Archer :P) this post.

[/quote]

Thanks you for your wishes at he end, but let it not be forgotten here that this was a thread about Hoo stepping down and the new government of Ragnarok, not about MHA and their committments.

Until Cable, someone who served in Rok and who was still (to this point) respected by many Rokkers, decided to make an unseemly potshot at our outgoing Emperor in comments beneath the dignity of leadership of one of the largest alliances in the game. The comment was unneeded and bush-league...do not be surprised that criticism of MHA has resulted.

When you speak of "subsequent governments letting relations fail", be sure you have a mirror handy.

Kait.. Hoo..(mostly, Kait), you'll be missed... more-so than some. ;)

Taut.. If you don't deliver.. I will carry through on my threat.

Some comments in this conversation have come as no surprise what-so-ever. Others... I can only say that I am disappointed.

@ the "broads" comment... Kait, if you need an extra boot... lemme know.

[/quote]

Rok was in on the whole plan to take down NPO (and whoever got in the way of that objective) from just about day one. So to say Rok went into the war to defend an ally, I think what you meant to say is that they were part of the initial assault force and got countered by IRON.

Bu..bu...but [s]Han[/s] NPO shot first [s]and then the lone gunman on the grassy knoll[/s]! :rolleyes:

Anyway, MHA did indeed side with Rok, something that was also part of the plan. That Rok found itself in the absolute middle of the heaviest fighting in the war was no accident, nor was the assistance it was provided by its allies. Those who were around back then, or at least part of the backroom talks are rightfully grateful to MHA, because the easy thing to do would have been to stick with NPO. They stuck their necks out and credit should go where credit was due.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1289849408' post='2513712']
Rok was in on the whole plan to take down NPO (and whoever got in the way of that objective) from just about day one. So to say Rok went into the war to defend an ally, I think what you meant to say is that they were part of the initial assault force and got countered by IRON.

Bu..bu...but [s]Han[/s] NPO shot first [s]and then the lone gunman on the grassy knoll[/s]! :rolleyes:

Anyway, MHA did indeed side with Rok, something that was also part of the plan. That Rok found itself in the absolute middle of the heaviest fighting in the war was no accident, nor was the assistance it was provided by its allies. Those who were around back then, or at least part of the backroom talks are rightfully grateful to MHA, because the easy thing to do would have been to stick with NPO. They stuck their necks out and credit should go where credit was due.
[/quote]

You are correct. It is the events that followed which left sour tastes in our mouths. We were treatied to MHA during the war and several months after it.

Edited by Joe Stupid

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1289845500' post='2513673']
Kait.. Hoo..(mostly, Kait), you'll be missed... more-so than some. ;)

Taut.. If you don't deliver.. I will carry through on my threat.

Some comments in this conversation have come as no surprise what-so-ever. Others... I can only say that I am disappointed.

@ the "broads" comment... Kait, if you need an extra boot... lemme know.
[/quote]

Bite me Valt.

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1289937059' post='2514947']
I had not yet included you in "some", but if you insist.

Down with Taut!!

edit: fergot me quote
[/quote]

Well I figured you left me out but now that you mentioned me all is good....oh what the hell bite me anyway. :rolleyes: