A Statement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

All this whole sad overhyped afair tells me is that planet bob is overdue for anouther global war.

Nothing like total global destruction to remind us all that non issues like trade circle cancelations arn't really worth a mention let alone a couple of dedicated 30+ page threads.

Anyone else hearing me here?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a gun was pointed at NSO's head when the initial request was made, please post logs confirming that.

NSO certainly isn't averse to throwing anything out there that would reinforce their position. Go ahead. Do it.

[quote name='greatmagnus' timestamp='1289339337' post='2508527']
MK is not asking for "unreasonable high" reps, RV himself said in this topic that the indicated amount was chump change. That point is over and not up for argument, especially since it came from RV who is the supposed victim.
[/quote]

They're both chump change [i]and[/i] unreasonably high, because any reparations above the $3m for the harbor is unreasonable when dealing with a canceled trade. If there wasn't a rather easy route by which to acquire temps, I might be more inclined to agree with you...but such a route does exist with the temp trade channel, and it works extremely well.

If the nations in question had more than a couple hours before update on their 20th day and couldn't find someone to temp them (especially when the nations featuring that combination include an MK member, an active temp-trader, and a very active member of a close ally), it's hard to have much sympathy for them.

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1289341310' post='2508567']
Because I have no life, I have read this entire thread. As usual, it is replete with irrelevancies, people posting just to hear themselves talk, and a blatant lack of objectivity on the part of many.

After absorbing the few cogent posts, and purging the many idiotic ones, I am left with a few questions.

1) Were all of the MK nations back-collecting on the same day?
2) Did the NSO member/ghost drop the trades on day 20?
3) Have MK members lost the ability to obtain temp trades on short notice, either from fellow MK members, or from members of friendly alliances?
4) Did any or all of the MK nations actually try to replace the lost trade?
5) Has it become common practice for alliances to pay reps for lost trades, even when they cut the offending member/ghost loose and give the wronged alliance permission to roll it?
6) Did MK have legitimate reason to believe that the cancellation was deliberately orchestrated by NSO in an attempt to harm MK?

I seriously doubt that the answer to any of those questions is "yes".

In all honesty, it seems to me that MK saw the cancellation as an opportunity to humiliate NSO. There is no other reasonable explanation that would justify demanding the 15 mil/250 tech as they did. Frankly, MK was not justified in asking for any compensation, other than permission to roll the offending nation. NSO gave them that permission. MK did not have any justification in seeking outrageous compensatory damages from NSO. They simply saw a situation that gave them a (bad) excuse to bully an alliance that they detest.

Given the circumstances, I cannot excoriate RV for posting the logs and for trying to smear MK's reputation with the truth of MK's bullying.
[/quote]
This man wins the thread.

Watch the MK folks squeal at their moral undoing.

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1289341310' post='2508567']
Because I have no life, I have read this entire thread. As usual, it is replete with irrelevancies, people posting just to hear themselves talk, and a blatant lack of objectivity on the part of many.

After absorbing the few cogent posts, and purging the many idiotic ones, I am left with a few questions.

1) Were all of the MK nations back-collecting on the same day?
2) Did the NSO member/ghost drop the trades on day 20?
3) Have MK members lost the ability to obtain temp trades on short notice, either from fellow MK members, or from members of friendly alliances?
4) Did any or all of the MK nations actually try to replace the lost trade?
5) Has it become common practice for alliances to pay reps for lost trades, even when they cut the offending member/ghost loose and give the wronged alliance permission to roll it?
6) Did MK have legitimate reason to believe that the cancellation was deliberately orchestrated by NSO in an attempt to harm MK?

I seriously doubt that the answer to any of those questions is "yes".

In all honesty, it seems to me that MK saw the cancellation as an opportunity to humiliate NSO. There is no other reasonable explanation that would justify demanding the 15 mil/250 tech as they did. Frankly, MK was not justified in asking for any compensation, other than permission to roll the offending nation. NSO gave them that permission. MK did not have any justification in seeking outrageous compensatory damages from NSO. They simply saw a situation that gave them a (bad) excuse to bully an alliance that they detest.

Given the circumstances, I cannot excoriate RV for posting the logs and for trying to smear MK's reputation with the truth of MK's bullying.
[/quote]
You sir are being to damn smart and logical about things. GET OUT!

MK apparently has a lazy trade coordinator or is completely unaware of #temptrades.

This stunt that MK pulled its a rehash of something they wanted to pull on another alliance. They are war hungry. You better believe MK is surprised and disappointed that NSO agreed to pay. MK wanted war and failed to get it. Who will be next?

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289342881' post='2508596']
You sir are being to damn smart and logical about things. GET OUT!

MK apparently has a lazy trade coordinator or is completely unaware of #temptrades.

This stunt that MK pulled its a rehash of something they wanted to pull on another alliance. They are war hungry. You better believe MK is surprised and disappointed that NSO agreed to pay. MK wanted war and failed to get it. Who will be next?
[/quote]

Im not alone in hoping its you.

(now awaiting his always dramatic reply)

Edited by brickyard

[quote name='brickyard' timestamp='1289343270' post='2508602']
Im not alone in hoping its you.

(now awaiting his always dramatic reply)
[/quote]
Sir, MK could not handle our nations. Literally. Unless MK wants to sell all its infra and dump thousands of tech just to get in our range.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1289342065' post='2508584']
If a gun was pointed at NSO's head when the initial request was made, please post logs confirming that.

NSO certainly isn't averse to throwing anything out there that would reinforce their position. Go ahead. Do it.
[/quote]

You can refute it any way you like, but you aren't convincing anyone of anything other than the obvious.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1289319462' post='2508106']
This wouldn't be happening. Without your allies to back you up you're more irrelevant than NSO.
[/quote]

C'mon, nobody is less relevant than NSO.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289343535' post='2508609']
Sir, MK could not handle our nations. Literally. Unless MK wants to sell all its infra and dump thousands of tech just to get in our range.
[/quote]
That's why they keep their GOONS puppets around, you forget!

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1289320907' post='2508150']
[img]http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/2667/mkbawww.png[/img]

That image is the best non-MK propaganda in the last 3 years.
[/quote]

*cough*

[img]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/richkrack/aloha/NSOFark.gif[/img]

For the first time in a long time, the actions of MK are being criticized heavily.

And when they are, they fall over like a ton of bricks.

Also, what is the reps damage towards Heft going to be for spying?

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1289344737' post='2508631']

[/quote]
Might makes right. NSO will probably get nothing. We'll just have to add this trade circle jerk move and Heft's being spied to MK's ever growing tab of $%&@ ups.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1289344737' post='2508631']
[/quote]

I was wondering if MK would also be paying for their poaching of NSO members from their alliance color and trading sphere.

[quote name='Stefano Palmieri' timestamp='1289345191' post='2508639']
Please do

Also I cant see the problem with the amount of reps. NSO agreed to them without bothering to negotiate, so they brought it on themselves.
[/quote]
15mil/250tech for a broken trade circle is seriously ok with you? Seriously, seriously? I mean, seriously?

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289345439' post='2508643']
15mil/250tech for a broken trade circle is seriously ok with you? Seriously, seriously? I mean, seriously?
[/quote]
Yes it's stupid, what I dont get it is, why is the NSO and co bawwing so much when the NSO agreed without even trying to get them lower.