TIO's Press Conference

Skippy

[center][img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090806035744/cybernations/images/4/4d/TIO.png[/img][/center]

Evening all, I've decided that we're going to have a monthly Press Conference from now on, or the likes. Here you can ask us questions, and our gov (or the odd member) will answer them as honestly as possible.

On a side note, I'll take this opportunity to list the following embassies have been deleted due to inactivity

Format is (Alliance, Last date active)

STA - August 28, 2010
FAR - July 1, 2010
TNC - August 14, 2010
Gondor - September 2, 2010
Ronin - July 31, 2010
Creole - August 3, 2010
wF - July 28, 2010

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1287543435' post='2488301']
Why is TIO quite possibly the 2nd best Blue team alliance? (obviously behind the IAA :P)
[/quote]

Actually I can answer this for you. You see MCXA is technically still a multicolored alliance, which bumps [i]all [/i]other blue alliances up a spot.

How does having such a large government work for you? (9 members IIRC)

roll / wub MCXA, pick one.

Boom, you just drafted one person to join your alliance, who is it?

Do you think MCXA should do one of these?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1287543722' post='2488309']
Actually I can answer this for you. You see MCXA is technically still a multicolored alliance, which bumps [i]all [/i]other blue alliances up a spot.

[/quote]

9 Gov members does work nicely for us, everyone knows their job and does it well.

/ MXCA

"drafted" as in "poached" or? In that case, it's a toss up between Jyrinx and Veraxyl

Up to you :P

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1287543435' post='2488301']
Why is TIO quite possibly the 2nd best Blue team alliance? (obviously behind the IAA :P)
[/quote]
I think you've got your priorities a little mixed up, but Imperialism is pretty sexy

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1287543492' post='2488303']
How much you love me and my bites?
[/quote]
We love you forever, you made our flag :wub:

In relation to bites, I can't feel it anymore, everything's basically numb now..... thanks...

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1287543722' post='2488309']

[/quote]

A) Its not as bad as you'd think. We essentially have the standard Triumvirate and 5 Minister cabinet, however there is of course, the IHC who ranks above the Triumvirate of ICs, who is basically in the Sovereign leader position

B) Roll, then wub those who somehow survive our fury

C) That's a tough one... Pretty much everyone I've *known* for a long time is here in TIO now, minus a couple of others who sadly aren't here yet... I'll go with Jyrinx.

D) Only if Gopher does it

Edited by Skippy

[quote name='lakerzz8' timestamp='1287545001' post='2488344']
Skippeh! How dare you delete the STA embassy?! And to save you some time, no I will not visit your forums to maintain that embassy, but we can do an IRC-only embassy.
[/quote]

He didn't delete the embassy. I did. :smug:

[quote name='Baltus' timestamp='1287570283' post='2488624']
We have an embassy with you guys? :o:o:o

We must have lost it in that gov shuffle over the summer. D:

What are TIO's plans for the future?

wF? Thoughts?
[/quote]
A) Well, we're aiming at expanding Sirius, we've got the foundations in, and several alliances are interested, so keep an eye on that. We're also going through some internal reforms, academy etc. Should be an interesting few months

B) I don't know a lot about wF, other than you're always a lot larger than I think you are, your growth is pretty impressive. Got nothing bad to say about you guys.

[quote name='LJ Scott' timestamp='1287570380' post='2488626']
Who are you and why should anyone care?
[/quote]
You know exactly who we are, we're on your fake list ^_^

I'm not asking you to care, but if you'd like to, we're the up and coming zombie alliance on the blue side of things, those who actually make the effort to know us, like us. Those who make distant uneducated judgements, dislike us. Where do you stand? :awesome:

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1287571709' post='2488635']You know exactly who we are, we're on your fake list ^_^

I'm not asking you to care, but if you'd like to, we're the up and coming zombie alliance on the blue side of things, those who actually make the effort to know us, like us. Those who make distant uneducated judgements, dislike us. Where do you stand? :awesome:
[/quote]

I literally hadn't heard (or I guess noticed) this alliance until this "Press Conference" (which when you think about it makes sense, given the main reason you've probably held this is to get your alliances name out there). Also I wasn't even aware I had a "list" of alliances, let alone a fake "list".

Where do I stand? I think that's fairly obvious. I have no idea who you are, or why I should care. Going off of, "we're the up and coming zombie alliance on the blue side of things", I'd my initial impressions aren't great.

[quote name='LJ Scott' timestamp='1287580162' post='2488692']
I literally hadn't heard (or I guess noticed) this alliance until this "Press Conference" (which when you think about it makes sense, given the main reason you've probably held this is to get your alliances name out there). Also I wasn't even aware I had a "list" of alliances, let alone a fake "list".

Where do I stand? I think that's fairly obvious. I have no idea who you are, or why I should care. Going off of, "we're the up and coming zombie alliance on the blue side of things", I'd my initial impressions aren't great.
[/quote]
It was in reference to that nice little hit list PB has, you musn't have gotten the memo.

Well, I guess I could have worded that differently, but let's just say that this incarnation of TIO has worked out *a lot* better than my original attempt. We've got solid allies, highly experienced gov, and a close community. Its pretty much everything an alliance of 6 months should have.

Hi Skippy, does TIO have any or other aussies in it?

I notice you have a few treaties already but inferred that you intend to expand Sirius. Are you looking at expanding Sirius so that it would pack some [i]sirius[/i] firepower against a larger foe? What is your vision as far as that bloc goes?

[quote name='SirDog' timestamp='1287586761' post='2488751']
Hi Skippy, does TIO have any or other aussies in it?

I notice you have a few treaties already but inferred that you intend to expand Sirius. Are you looking at expanding Sirius so that it would pack some [i]sirius[/i] firepower against a larger foe? What is your vision as far as that bloc goes?
[/quote]

Dave93, our Imperial Commander of External Affairs, is another Aussie. I'm sure there's other Aussies hidden in our ranks, but I just can't recall them. I'm sure Skippy will be answer that question much better than I can.

Nice pun. I enjoyed it. ;) We certainly do hope to expand SIRIUS. As a bloc with four highly active and up-and-coming blue alliances, it definitely has potential to be a powerhouse on Blue (and possibly even on Bob) if some of our larger, more well-established allies were to join. As of now, SIRIUS is an ODoAP, which I personally feel could be upgraded to an MDoAP bloc because of how close we are to BTA, TKTB, and TCU.

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1287587026' post='2488752']
I usually avoid QnA's but since its Skippy I figure I can ask :P

What does the TIO think of the NPO as it stands now in this current world?
[/quote]

I believe TIO members have opinions of NPO ranging from one spectrum to another. Most of us do like particular members of NPO, particularly the diplomats that you all have been sending us. :v: This aside, I believe that as a whole we respect NPO as an alliance that has been able to remain dominant within CN politics for so long and keep an active member base. It's also amazing to see NPO's quick regrowth back to #2 after the Karma War.

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1287587026' post='2488752']
I usually avoid QnA's but since its Skippy I figure I can ask :P

What does the TIO think of the NPO as it stands now in this current world?
[/quote]

Well... as most of you wouldn't have heard. I am from ONOS. I followed NPONOS, when that went cold, I joined M*A*S*H. My point is It has a taken a lot to move on from my original home, and is still taking time. I am seriously impressed to see how Dominant NPO has remained over the years. But I still think you guys need to hit 1000 members again, CN needs more players.

So to answer your question, I like individuals within TIO, but due to my past, I am cautious when it comes to NPO. Not to say that will not change.

:S

My two cents.

In regards to [b]Gondor[/b]:

I am very fond of Gondor personally. I enjoy your company, I respect Cheyenne and the way you guys handle things. You are a well run alliance. But man you guys aren't forum active enough... go spam. I wish you guys had joined Sirius, it would have been great to know you guys from the start, but theres time.

:D

Edited by Scorponok

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1287583681' post='2488716']
It was in reference to that nice little hit list PB has, you musn't have gotten the memo.[/quote]

Yeah I don't have time to keep tabs on the informative WFCN forums. Some of the leaks on there are rather impressive, although less so when someone told me that they were the one who posted it as a joke :/

[quote]Well, I guess I could have worded that differently, but let's just say that this incarnation of TIO has worked out *a lot* better than my original attempt. We've got solid allies, highly experienced gov, and a close community. Its pretty much everything an alliance of 6 months should have.
[/quote]

See, much better.

[quote name='LJ Scott' timestamp='1287601209' post='2488865']
Yeah I don't have time to keep tabs on the informative WFCN forums. Some of the leaks on there are rather impressive, although less so when someone told me that they were the one who posted it as a joke :/

[/quote]

From my experience, almost anything dealing with rolling on the WFCN forums ends up being a dud.