Pandora's Box

supercoolyellow

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='RudeBoy' timestamp='1286351369' post='2477008']
NpO is a lot whinier than I remember. They were just full of themselves in the past. I guess now since they got their asses kicked and can't act tough they just !@#$%*. How boring.
[/quote]

As opposed to your humble self, of course.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1286344819' post='2476962']
Fok are actually quite talented fighters. When MCXA fought them they had great military wonder counts for smaller nation, although they had been warring for some time, great warchests even at that point, and their coordination was inspirational. There is a reason why Fok was discussed for joining Citadel. They fight at that level.
[/quote]

Frankly people who aren't sold on FOK's military capabilities won't be persuaded by their performance against MCXA of all people.

I'm not saying FOK suck. They're actually a really good alliance, statistically speaking. But they proved that against Polar, not you.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1286344819' post='2476962']
Fok are actually quite talented fighters. When MCXA fought them they had great military wonder counts for smaller nation, although they had been warring for some time, great warchests even at that point, and their coordination was inspirational. There is a reason why Fok was discussed for joining Citadel. They fight at that level.
[/quote]
To be fair, FOK did cheat when its nuclear nations attacked MCXA non-nuclear nations.

Hey look guys, an NSO member is telling us our military sucks D:

I would say that Polar fought better against us in Bipolar than most opponents I've had the opportunity to see close up, which includes most of the Hegemony alliances in Karma since that was fairly cross-coordinated. They did do some significant damage in the upper mid tier and showed us a few things we needed to work on.

Necro, I'm not sure how you can say that NPO is better at getting members' opinions when Bilrow a few posts above you states that they don't consult you at all on any FA moves.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1286357087' post='2477033']
An excellent point. It's so evil and hegemonic, it's almost NPO-like.
[/quote]

From all people involved an ODNer is speaking up...hilarious.

Why wasn't ODN invited into the bloc? I thought you are so amazingly awesome super fantastic lapdogs???

[quote name='Baden-Württemberg' timestamp='1286363296' post='2477053']

Why wasn't ODN invited into the bloc? I thought you are so amazingly awesome super fantastic lapdogs???
[/quote]

The last I checked, this thread wasn't about the ODN. But if you want to bring alliances into it, TSO isn't exactly a shining example of independence (or anything much else really.)

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1286361846' post='2477048']

Necro, I'm not sure how you can say that NPO is better at getting members' opinions when Bilrow a few posts above you states that they don't consult you at all on any FA moves.
[/quote]
I think he's referring to a situation, where media service provided is adequate, while BR has no part in the decision making process itself.

I'd be interested on when Necro was a member, exactly, so the feedback could be better framed into reality.

[/quote]
xfd. In your hasty attempt to ad hominem you tripped over E_T.

[quote name='LJ Scott' timestamp='1286280608' post='2475837']
Again as the creator of the pic, I have to say that I have no idea who you are. Hence why you're not on the pic. Maybe make a name for yourself and you could make the future editions.
[/quote]
Do you know who I am?

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1286336158' post='2476839']
I pity you for having a membership who isn't in tune enough with the world to care when the government does something against the status quo. One of the beauties of Viridia is that we have a myriad of people who all have the ability to form opinions on things, and we like to inform them so they aren't surprised by something we have already made into law and give them a chance to share those opinions.
[/quote]
The time to get your membership's opinion on world events and other alliances is before you consider treaties, not after you already have a proposal.

I was talking with people from the BR quite a while before we signed our current treaty with NPO. There's an NPO-Invicta Q&A up on the NPO forums, and it was pretty active for a long while. Admittedly, alot of the regular BR posts in it were along the lines of "You're great" rather than actual questions, but the fact is the BR was posting there. Plus, I still talk with some folks from the BR, despite being mostly retired from diplomacy (again).

You're thinking of the old way the NPO used to do things, not how it is under the current regime.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1286368719' post='2477095']
The time to get your membership's opinion on world events and other alliances is before you consider treaties, not after you already have a proposal.

I was talking with people from the BR quite a while before we signed our current treaty with NPO. There's an NPO-Invicta Q&A up on the NPO forums, and it was pretty active for a long while. Admittedly, alot of the regular BR posts in it were along the lines of "You're great" rather than actual questions, but the fact is the BR was posting there. Plus, I still talk with some folks from the BR, despite being mostly retired from diplomacy (again).

You're thinking of the old way the NPO used to do things, not how it is under the current regime.
[/quote]

Read Bilrow's post.......

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1286370372' post='2477110']
[/quote]
Haf is right. The Body Republic participates in Q&As. We let them come up with their own opinions on alliances, not some talking points laid out to convince them to accept someone as an ally. We have many Q&As with many alliances rather we become allies or not.

The Emperor rules with the Body Republic's feelings in mind and in return the Body Republic trusts the Emperor to make decisions on who we treaty.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1286370372' post='2477110']
[/quote]

Comeon Fran you should know better than this.

Bilrow said the BR is not consulted about the treaty doesn't mean a treaty is signed out of the blue without any insight from the BR. A treaty level relation ship is already present between the two alliances. This is why you won't see many of us who didn't think a treaty would be signed with each of the alliance we did sign with after our terms ended.

And I get Ninja'd, typical.

Edited by silentkiller

I really cannot be bothered arguing this. [ooc] Goodnight everyone, I'm off to bed. [/ooc]

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1286371299' post='2477119']
Comeon Fran you should know better than this.
[/quote]

My former identity is old news. I announced it to my alliance well over a month ago.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1286372015' post='2477124']
I really cannot be bothered arguing this. [ooc] Goodnight everyone, I'm off to bed. [/ooc]

My former identity is old news. I announced it to my alliance well over a month ago.
[/quote]

What does that have to do with anything? :unsure:

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1286372137' post='2477126']
What does that have to do with anything? :unsure:
[/quote]

Well the rest of your attempt to demonstrate BR involvement in your foreign affairs was so terrible I assumed that you decided to ~*drop the bombshell*~ to compensate.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1286314810' post='2476328']
How many bad things do I have to say about people to get my name in one of these cool propaganda posters?
[/quote]

Some people are just destined to never reach any real kind of notoriety. It's also, when you think about it, not propaganda.

[/quote]

Oh you. Over my dead body :)

[quote name='James I' timestamp='1286366370' post='2477081']
Do you know who I am?
[/quote]

Of course :adore:

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1286372331' post='2477127']
Well the rest of your attempt to demonstrate BR involvement in your foreign affairs was so terrible I assumed that you decided to ~*drop the bombshell*~ to compensate.
[/quote]

Oh my I am sorry an ODN member doesn't like the way NPO operates. We should probably disband now. :lol1: (this smilie still hasn't been changed? Disappointed)

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1286336494' post='2476845']
I thought VE and Polar had a very respectable war, and in the months since and before the declaration we haven't said anything negative about you guys or really commented on the war, but for you guys to imply that we were overrated when you can't have any basis for it, especially if you look at the war history, it pulls out me having to comment on it.
[/quote]

Why would you? They helped you win remember!

[quote]Some people are just destined to never reach any real kind of notoriety. It's also, when you think about it, not propaganda.[/quote]

So you actually think we're gay and you're going to roll us? Well, like I said, no destroying me if so you would have tried. :smug:

Edited by The MVP

[/quote]

Well you would certainly know a thing or two about bailing from a group of friends in return for a place in the new power structure.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1286373270' post='2477140']
So you actually think we're gay and you're going to roll us?
[/quote]
No, we're gay and we're going to roll you.*

* This is just a quip and is not representative of any FA plans of the Umbrella alliance or any future bloc that the Umbrella alliance may find itself in.

Edited by Kowalski