Forcing alliances to disband is back

Alterego

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1285891357' post='2470361']
Or 36000 tech... but wait the days of harsh reps is over...
[/quote]
Pff, some of those upper-tier nukes do way more than 4.5m in damage each. Just you wait and see what we cook up.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1285889976' post='2470338']
Clearly you dont know who Ejay has recruited for his alliance. I dont see disbandment in their future unless a higher power strikes them down
[/quote]

This pretty much wins the thread. Ejay and his followers won't disband and Ejay's high up friends won't let anything too bad happen to The Ninjas.

I still don't understand why we're debating this, because Ejay has some pretty big friends out there. I mean they just canceled a treaty with VE, but it appears they are still very good friends. Do you guys really think VE is going to stand by and let The Ninjas be disbanded when that's their friends. I would like to think VE having a fairly good relationship with GOONS would have some pull as to what kind of peace terms were given.

Let's look at recent history during Karma. MK used their pull to keep GOD from disbanding AB. I would like to think MK has a lot to say in the peace process and would still stand up for what they believe.

The Ninjas should be fine guys. I'm no fan of GOONS, but surely they're not dumb enough to try and pull something off like it's being played. When The Ninjas are offered terms I'm sure we'll all hear about it. Then we can start on a crusade or we can rethink what we think about GOONS. Making topics and trying to force GOONS looks bad will just backfire. Let them dig their own grave. If you try to do it for them you just may wind up in it.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1285892054' post='2470371']
So its going to be higher, aiming for the harshest reps the world has seen? :o
[/quote]
I've been toying with the concept of demanding 50 tech from each member every month for eternity. It's not a particularly large amount so I think I can get away with it, but over time the returns will be huge!

[size="1"]Disclaimer: Please don't anyone think I'm actually serious for the love of god[/size]

I don't think this could have been taken any more out of context. Let's look at it in pieces.

"Really, they'll probably just disband, but that's on them for engaging us. There is a price to be paid in attacking us, and if they're not interested in paying it, the war will continue."

So,

"Really, they'll probably just disband, but that's on them for engaging us."

He didn't say "Let's make them disband lol!" He said "They will probably disband on their own, but that's their decision." He said "that's on them," so how is that us forcing them to disband? That's a ridiculous stretch. He said "they'll probably disband," and said they'd do it on their own.

"There is a price to be paid in attacking us, and if they're not interested in paying it, the war will continue."

Now he says, if you fight us you're going to pay reps (or something equivalent). If you aren't willing to pay them, then we aren't going to stop attacking. That means we don't do white peace. You could just as easily generate "GOONS advocates eternal war!" from this, for as far as you stretched "forced disband." But again that's on them.

If you attack me, and don't feel like paying reps, it's not my fault the war is going on. I have no obligation to accept white peace just because you aren't willing to pay reps to me.

So no, all this means is "They aren't willing to pay reps so the war will last a long time. Once they get bored, they'll probably just disband."

Make of that what you will though. Try harder with your forced propaganda next time.

EDIT: Missed a word.

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1285892233' post='2470378']
[size="1"]Disclaimer: Please don't anyone think I'm actually serious for the love of god[/size][/quote]

Nope.

But back on topic, making a tiny alliance pay harsh reps doesnt force them to disband but it certianly gives them a massive push in that direction.

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1285892699' post='2470389']
Hey, another smear thread.

This is so awesome.
[/quote]

Seems like people are bored, but you started this recent turn of events on here, by giving limelight on Methrage. Just think non of these topics would of existed if the posting of a DoW on a 2 man alliance didnt happen :P

Reap what you sow...

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1285892935' post='2470393']
Seems like people are bored, but you started this recent turn of events on here, by giving limelight on Methrage. Just think non of these topics would of existed if the posting of a DoW on a 2 man alliance didnt happen :P

Reap what you sow...
[/quote]
Think of all the hate threads that would've popped up from people claiming they didn't know any better and weren't given fair warning when we caught them secret aiding.

No not this again.

How many times will we have go through these spam fights add nausea, or listen to some blow hard wanna be a crusader touting the justice of his cause, before we all just come to the realization that in fact there is no such thing as cultural or societal ethics in this world anymore, and I do mean that in the broadest sense of the word. And while ethics and values will always exist on a personal level, you will not find them in the culture at large, so you might as well save your breath with railing accusations and rampant appeals "To Our Hearts" because its quite clear we really don't have one, at least not in the combined sense. What we do have is a sense of politics and self interest. Thats our sole cultural heart, and by it we guide our every move. Even those that would make a cry for the "good of our world" do so only in the interest of furthering their own positions, with those they oppose of course defending theirs, and any true merit of the cry falling on deaf ears, because we do not have ears to hear ethically speaking.

With this in mind, If you wanna change the world I would suggest you do so by making those involved understand why it is in their best interest to do so, and in the meantime just keep your personal ethics to yourself, which of course is the only place they will find merit.

Edited by Kewlleo

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285893169' post='2470400']
Think of all the hate threads that would've popped up from people claiming they didn't know any better and weren't given fair warning when we caught them secret aiding.
[/quote]

No no non on ondsfkhasldkfj

He cited boredom. That's perfectly legitimate.

[sub]By the way, the rebel, I'm not trying to make you mad, but really it was a horrible reason. Also, I love you.[/sub]

EDIT: grammer are dum

Edited by Haquertal

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285893169' post='2470400']
[/quote]

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1285893272' post='2470404']
No no non on ondsfkhasldkfj

He cited boredom. That's perfectly legitimate.

[sub]By the way, the rebel, I'm not trying to make you mad, but really it was a horrible reason. Also, I love you.[/sub]

EDIT: grammer are dum
[/quote]

Well speaking for myself i wouldnt of had a clue who Methrage was, only found out with the pointless DoW, so more than likely only 2 out of the 3 secret aids wouldnt of happend.

Edited by the rebel

[quote name='Horatio Longworth' timestamp='1285881091' post='2470178']
I will be watching and waiting to see if Ninjas disband. If they do, I will blame GOONS for it. I'm also a bit skeptical they will be able to pay any reps.
[/quote]
Pacifica has made a point of stating that its not their fault that any alliance they have warred has disbanded. You holding GOONS responsible for the same thing you refuse to take credit for is pathetic.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1285866992' post='2469888']
Your first sentence: We don't raid alliances.
[/quote]
Oh come on. You guys raided Facepunch after cancelling your protectorate with them.

Raiding your own protectorates... well that's pretty much unprecedented.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1285895301' post='2470460']
Oh come on. You guys raided Facepunch after cancelling your protectorate with them.

[/quote]

Ha.

Several Facepunch nations declared on GOONS, so we smashed them. Please be more wrong next time.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1285891998' post='2470370']
This pretty much wins the thread. Ejay and his followers won't disband and Ejay's high up friends won't let anything too bad happen to The Ninjas.

I still don't understand why we're debating this, because Ejay has some pretty big friends out there. I mean they just canceled a treaty with VE, but it appears they are still very good friends. Do you guys really think VE is going to stand by and let The Ninjas be disbanded when that's their friends. I would like to think VE having a fairly good relationship with GOONS would have some pull as to what kind of peace terms were given.

Let's look at recent history during Karma. MK used their pull to keep GOD from disbanding AB. I would like to think MK has a lot to say in the peace process and would still stand up for what they believe.

The Ninjas should be fine guys. I'm no fan of GOONS, but surely they're not dumb enough to try and pull something off like it's being played. When The Ninjas are offered terms I'm sure we'll all hear about it. Then we can start on a crusade or we can rethink what we think about GOONS. Making topics and trying to force GOONS looks bad will just backfire. Let them dig their own grave. If you try to do it for them you just may wind up in it.
[/quote]
Quite possibly the smartest post I've seen in this thread.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1285867220' post='2469892']
When GOONS forcibly disbands Ninjas, we'll talk. Until then, try to limit the mouth-foaming hyperbole.
[/quote]
His concerns are validated as it's been hinted numerously, and if we *do* disband, which I doubt it, will our members be PZI'd? Is this where our world has lead us? There is a global problem and no one is willing to move toward a brighter future.

We wont pay reps, especially since most of them wanted this, let's be real here. We refuse to partake in conformity's ruling by spending months paying reps; it both stagnates and diminishes the community in several factors.

We're not here to kill the Goons from this world, we are simply here to fight them, nod heads, and eventually move on if need be. That is how things should work. Call it idealistic, I call it obtainable.

@Omni: Very good points, as usual.

Edited by Ejayrazz

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1285895301' post='2470460']

[/quote]

I know that there are examples of GOONS raiding alliances. This example, however, I do not believe qualifies.

I seem to remember the Facepunch folks posting that they were merging into GOONS and disbanding Facepunch. At that point, I'm not sure you can call the stragglers an alliance, since the alliance had said "We no longer exist".

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1285897673' post='2470518']
This war needs to escalate for the "lulz" I am thoroughly enjoying this war so far. Keep up the good show.
[/quote]
All it needs is one alliance to attack that has a defence pact, as usual allies will jump in to defend GOONS without DoWing and bam you have your conflict (That could get big with treaty chaining).

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1285898333' post='2470532']
All it needs is one alliance to attack that has a defence pact, as usual allies will jump in to defend GOONS without DoWing and bam you have your conflict (That could get big with treaty chaining).
[/quote]

[img]http://www.pharfruminsain.com/Graphics/images/free-MrBurnsExcellent.gif[/img]

[quote name='Iserlohn' timestamp='1285866422' post='2469873']
Sardonic is just saying they won't get white peace. That's all.

Pretty dishonest of you, fellow.
[/quote]

Dear Sir,
His goals are simple. As time passes, mature folk with work out agreements and move on with life. A few of the very vocal anti-GOONS types though will never mature beyond beating that one drum they have. Soon enough they'll be back to Methrage as the only example they can cite and that gets you no traction on the OWF. So for the timing being they must grasp at every straw the have, feast like jackals upon the carnage of this war because soon enough they'll be back to trying to suck some marrow out of the bones of the already dead and gnawed over horse that this the Kerebos Nexus war.