GOON spy orders

JimKongIl

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1285623872' post='2466283']
Personal freedom extends to arm's length, and an argument could be made that by supplying uranium to a rogue that nation is repressing our freedom to develop as we see fit.
[/quote]

[img]http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/953/1284134152546.jpg[/img]

This is priceless.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Baldr' timestamp='1285651103' post='2466644']
[b]So GOONS can attack anyone they want, all is good.[/b] Someone else trades with a nation GOONS doesn't like, and it's repressing your freedom?
[/quote]
No we can't. When have we ever said we can attack anyone and not expect repercussions?

[quote name='Baldr' timestamp='1285651103' post='2466644']
So GOONS can attack anyone they want, all is good. Someone else trades with a nation GOONS doesn't like, and it's repressing your freedom?

You never cease to amuse.
[/quote]
It's interesting how every argument that GOONS makes can be twisted this badly. Making a case for "People probably shouldn't intentionally supply uranium to nuke rogues" turns into "So you can attack anyone you want for no reason?" If those two lines of thought are connected, the string must be ten miles long.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1285657595' post='2466712']
Stand back, I'm possibly infringing GOONS "Personal freedom" by owning Uranium as my second resource. :frantic: Inb4 eternal war.
[/quote]
Actually you are closer to infringing on my personal freedom by utterly failing at both logical inference and comedy at the same time. Don't worry, I won't consider it a CB. This time.

Also, for the sake of clarity, I would like to impress on you all that GOONS will never declare on a nation because of their possession (or lack thereof) of lead, regardless of circumstances.

Go hog-wild on that front.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285656724' post='2466708']
It's interesting how every argument that GOONS makes can be twisted this badly. Making a case for "People probably shouldn't intentionally supply uranium to nuke rogues" turns into "So you can attack anyone you want for no reason?" If those two lines of thought are connected, the string must be ten miles long.
[/quote]

Are you contacting nations that are trading with Methrage with a Uranium resource?

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1285663187' post='2466734']
Are you contacting nations that are trading with Methrage with a Uranium resource?
[/quote]
They don't know who I'm trading with, although it seems they contacted RV thinking he was my source.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1285639348' post='2466496']
We have more NS and nations than many recognized alliances out there, so I don't see how it would be allowing a rogue to nuke. Do I have a CB to declare on anyone trading uranium to GOONS or does me being on the smaller side in this war mean they should get help from everyone and me no help, aid, tech deals or trades? I'm putting up a fight against an alliance much larger than my own, why do so many people see a need to help GOONS in every way possible to try making them win regardless of lack of ability on the alliances part?
[/quote]

This is a wasted question if the answer is what I'm expecting, but can you read? <_<
If you can find one actual reference to you or your raving insanity, I'll join your moronic cause and declare on GOONS tomorrow. It was about whether giving a nuclear rogue a uranium trade was acceptable or not.
If you couldn't tell, by the way, I don't know or care if you are a rogue, I just hope GOONS crush you like a potato under a tank :awesome:

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1285643651' post='2466548']
And there's the Godwin for the thread. Nice <_<
[/quote]

:)

Was just marching down the road that was paved in front of me.

If you would rather we could just mention Commies and McCarthy. Unreasoned and misguided mobs all sound the same to me.

The rest of us now have to contend with folks thinking they have the justifiable right to check our trades and send phony aid packages on the off chance we might be suckling a rogue. Someone will be stupid enough to think that they can poke their nose in the wrong place and their head will get delivered back to their friends in a shopping bag; it will be the fault of this overwrought, out of proportion and idiotic witchhunt.

/I do hope you and Jim enjoy your wee bit of fun. At least you got to stretch out your war legs in all this.

edit: speling is herd

Edited by EEjack

They would need to successfully spy Methrage in order to find out his trading partners; they've admitted they haven't been able to do that, so they don't know who his uranium source is.

I don't think that Methrage is a rogue. However, ignoring that for the moment. If you succeed in preventing rogues from getting permanent uranium trades from experienced nation rulers out to support their crusade, they will just do the same thing that a ton of people do in alliance wars: get temporary uranium trades. You only need uranium for about a minute each day to buy one or two nukes, and for the typical rogue who is being supported by an experienced nation ruler that's fine.

Now this assumes the rogue has the backing of an experienced ruler who wants him or her to get nukes. But you've already said you won't be going after newbies for trading with rogues anyway, so ...

Yeah this whole crusade seems pretty pointless to me.

[quote name='EEjack' timestamp='1285674629' post='2466783']
The rest of us now have to contend with folks thinking they have the justifiable right to check our trades and send phony aid packages on the off chance we might be suckling a rogue. Someone will be stupid enough to think that they can poke their nose in the wrong place and their head will get delivered back to their friends in a shopping bag; it will be the fault of this overwrought, out of proportion and idiotic witchhunt.
[/quote]
It is funny watching GOONS irritate a lot of random alliances and individuals by pocking their noses around where they don't belong and trying to throw their weight around, as they try getting all of CN to help them win this war that seems to be to difficult for them to win or make progress in. Seems all I need to do is keep doing damage to them until they give the wrong alliance a CB to attack them by going on some dumb witchhunt to cause a minimal inconvenience for me.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1285676340' post='2466789']
It is funny watching GOONS irritate a lot of random alliances and individuals by pocking their noses around where they don't belong and trying to throw their weight around, as they try getting all of CN to help them win this war that seems to be to difficult for them to win or make progress in. Seems all I need to do is keep doing damage to them until they give the wrong alliance a CB to attack them by going on some dumb witchhunt to cause a minimal inconvenience for me.
[/quote]

Do not think because some disagree with where some are pushing boundries that you are somehow a blazing brand of righteousness Methrage. GOONS have every right to grind you into dust over and over again and if they were not being so overly broad with their brush strokes no one would care in the slightest. You and your alliance declared war on GOONS and appear to have zed intention of ever ending this fracas. Eventually your little conflict might reach out and touch my alliance and when/if it does you will shoulder your share of the blame.

[quote name='EEjack' timestamp='1285677359' post='2466795']
Do not think because some disagree with where some are pushing boundries that you are somehow a blazing brand of righteousness Methrage. GOONS have every right to grind you into dust over and over again and if they were not being so overly broad with their brush strokes no one would care in the slightest. You and your alliance declared war on GOONS and appear to have zed intention of ever ending this fracas. Eventually your little conflict might reach out and touch my alliance and when/if it does you will shoulder your share of the blame.
[/quote]
GOONS don't seem to want to end it anytime soon, so mostly all there is to focus on is damage for now so they feeling the war hurting them until it going on longer isn't worthwhile. As it is now I don't think they'll be willing to discuss peace that doesn't involve me voluntarily destroying my nation for them, as they seemed pretty caught up on wonder decommissions last time I spoke to them of peace.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='EEjack' timestamp='1285674629' post='2466783']
:)

Was just marching down the road that was paved in front of me.
[/quote]

:blink:

[OOC]Dude. Seriously. You made a comparison between GOONS in CN to Nazis persecuting Jewish people, then quoted Adolf Hitler and substituted the word 'Rogue' for 'Jew'.[/OOC]

Do you have any clue as to how terrible your analogy actually is? :unsure:

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1285679382' post='2466803']
:blink:

[OOC]Dude. Seriously. You made a comparison between GOONS in CN to Nazis persecuting Jewish people, then quoted Adolf Hitler and substituted the word 'Rogue' for 'Jew'.[/OOC]

Do you have any clue as to how terrible your analogy actually is? :unsure:
[/quote]

Let us see...unreasonable hatred toward people that are different. Check.
Expansion of state rights to determine faithfulness to the state. Check.
Labeling of individuals who do not conform to said state's dictates. Check.
Expansion into other state's sovereign rights to pursue non conformists. Check.
Hunting down and committing acts of aggression on those who do not conform. Check.
Propaganda to rile/scare the populous into conformance and justify the removal of sovereign rights. Check.
Committing acts of aggression upon sovereign states. Check.

{OOC}Didn't remember who spoke the original speech - quoted it from memory - looks like I was pretty close. I'm old and remember lots of scary and horrific things like that. Obviously no one is saying there will be a kristallnacht but sending out phony aid et al and demanding compliance is in game terms...pretty damn close. If it makes you uncomfortable imagine how it makes me feel.{OOC}

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1285657595' post='2466712']
Stand back, I'm possibly infringing GOONS "Personal freedom" by owning Uranium as my second resource. :frantic: Inb4 eternal war.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]What I got from that image is that GOONS, as the insistent raiders that they are, have stunted other nations' right to develop as they see fit. When you look at the big picture, GOONS' practices on a whole do a lot more to stunt the growth of others than one nation supplying uranium to an ineffective rogue. Yet for all the things GOONS pulls on new and small nations, and their whole "who cares, it's not like it matters" attitude towards tech raider, they do complain quite loudly over the slightest of things done toward them.[/color]

LOL @ Old Guard Member comparing GOONS to Nazi's.
I remember Old Guard under Reyne leadership. They decided to put all of Vox Populi on their Perm ZI list. And you guys dare to compare GOONS raiding to Nazi's?
You guys are out of your mind.

Edited by Timmehhh

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1285652952' post='2466671']
[img]http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/953/1284134152546.jpg[/img]

This is priceless.
[/quote]
I warned you people about aiding people we're at war with bro

I told you dog
[quote]
it keeps happening
[/quote]
I told you man

I [size="5"]Told[/size] you people about aid

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1285658734' post='2466717']
Yes, yes, no one is allowed to have or trade uranium ever. This is exactly what I said, and definately not not what I said.
[/quote]

You're quite honestly not saying a whole lot that most people with common sense would agree with...including your own government...but hey, shine on. ;)

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1285682422' post='2466827']
LOL @ Old Guard Member comparing GOONS to Nazi's.
I remember Old Guard under Reyne leadership. They decided to put all of Vox Populi on their Perm ZI list. And you guys dare to compare GOONS raiding to Nazi's?
You guys are out of your mind.
[/quote]

At one point various members of Vox Populi were on several PZI lists--indeed some were on EZI lists before they even joined. Declarations of war were issued in some cases against the whole movement and members not in Peace Mode were generally shot on sight.

Therefore anything that Old Guard did regarding Vox Populi was echoed elsewhere many times over and your objection is mostly invalid.

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1285684154' post='2466838']
At one point various members of Vox Populi were on several PZI lists--indeed some were on EZI lists before they even joined. Declarations of war were issued in some cases against the whole movement and members not in Peace Mode were generally shot on sight.

Therefore anything that Old Guard did regarding Vox Populi was echoed elsewhere many times over and your objection is mostly invalid.
[/quote]

So it's cool as long as everyone else is doing it, right?