A GOONly SirWilliam Communiqué

SirWilliam

The GOONS boards are down at the moment it seems. Fear not, I'm sure someone is looking into this (if not now at some point relatively shortly). [OOC]I'm at work in my little closet of an office, so I'm not exactly sure.[/OOC] What I am sure of is that they will eventually be back up.

I don't know what or who is to blame here, but there is only one person I can think of that would be obsessive enough and have motive to even do something like this.

Toodles!

Last time the GOONS forum went down it was a former GOONS gov who did it, so could be anybody responsible if someone really did take it down on purpose, but seems like its just some glitch.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1284663436' post='2455930']
Seen the error, no way in hell you could have screwed up the cache files.
[/quote]
Clearly, his power extends far beyond what you believe it does. The only recourse for GOONS is immediate surrender.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1284663436' post='2455930']
Seen the error, no way in hell you could have screwed up the cache files.
[/quote]
If those cache files being screwed up could also possibly destroy IP evidence on the forum that would of revealed who hello.jpg or hiddengecko's identity could be is what I'm wondering.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284672813' post='2456014']
If those cache files being screwed up could also possibly destroy IP evidence on the forum that would of revealed who hello.jpg or hiddengecko's identity could be is what I'm wondering.
[/quote]
Did

Did you just try and insinuate that this was part of some kind of a coverup?

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1284673062' post='2456018']
I suggest GOONS contact the authorities. A CRIME has been committed here. There is no room for this kind of a person (you know who you are) in this game. Appropriate action should be taken against this individual.
[/quote]
I agree, we need to get the police involved. Possibly even the [b]Federal Bureau of Investigations[/b] - this is incredibly heinous and deserves to go all the way to the top!

Edited by Voytek

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1284658940' post='2455869']
I don't know what or who is to blame here, but there is only one person I can think of that would be obsessive enough and have motive to even do something like this.[/quote]

What could that motive be? OOC harassment?

I guess it was Salithus again.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1284673284' post='2456022']
I agree, we need to get the police involved. Possibly even the [b]Federal Bureau of Investigations[/b] - this is incredibly heinous and deserves to go all the way to the top!
[/quote]

I can arrange for the press to know about it. THIS WILL NOT GO UNPUNISHED!

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1284673284' post='2456022']
Did

Did you just try and insinuate that this was part of some kind of a coverup?

[/quote]
I disagree with the police as long as he doesn't do anything with the information gathered beyond what they already did, which was try posting in public areas all over my forum. I would like to know who it is if possible so they don't feel so anonymous and I was asking because if an individual had access and realized he was going to be revealed, he would try that.

I'm not making an accusation that this is a cover up though, as I realize its unlikely.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284672813' post='2456014']
[/quote]
Cache files are nothing more than HTML files with all data already in it so the pages loads faster and the server has less to do, instead of looking for and grabbing the needed data from a database and then generating the page and sending it to you.

Edited by xoindotnler

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1284674846' post='2456039']
Cache files are nothing more than HTML files with all data already in it so the pages loads faster and the server has less to do, instead of looking for and grabbing the needed data from a database and then generating the page and sending it to you.
[/quote]
A change in the database could cause an error with the cache or similar error if its modified I would think, but I realize its unlikely.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1284659022' post='2455872']
Stop it already Methrage :awesome:
[/quote]
[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1284673331' post='2456024']
What could that motive be? OOC harassment?

I guess it was Salithus again.
[/quote]

I'm not pointing the finger at Methrage (or Salithus), I'm just saying that there is only one person I can think of that would have allowed this to happen (and it's not Salithus). I wouldn't try something like this merely to make Methrage look bad...

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1284663106' post='2455924']
$%&@ you, rejoin MK
[/quote]

No. Never.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1284675611' post='2456048']
I'm not pointing the finger at Methrage (or Salithus), I'm just saying that there is only one person I can think of that would have allowed this to happen (and it's not Salithus). I wouldn't try something like this merely to make Methrage look bad...[/quote]

Who is it if not someone that's done it before?

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1284675611' post='2456048']
I'm not pointing the finger at Methrage (or Salithus), I'm just saying that there is only one person I can think of that would have allowed this to happen (and it's not Salithus). I wouldn't try something like this merely to make Methrage look bad...

No. Never.
[/quote]
It was obviously an inside job by...

Someone in GOONS.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284675050' post='2456043']
A change in the database could cause an error with the cache or similar error if its modified I would think, but I realize its unlikely.
[/quote]

No, stop saying that it's "unlikely". It's not possible.