An offical announcement from the Legion

Announcer: It's another fine day here on Planet Bob and it's time once again to crown the Worst Alliance Ever. After a long hard-fought battle only one alliance had the stamina, the grit, and the determination to be so hated by so many. Let's go down to the award podium and listen in on the proceedings.

GATO: All things must come to an end and so shall this. Without further ado I'd like to present the reigning Worst Alliance Ever champion, The Legion, with the Aqua Jacket.

[B]*golf clap[/B]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/FreeMason6/aquajacket.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Announcer: The esteemed Aqua jacket is placed around the Legion's leader Watcher, and seems to be a particularly bad fit, so much for Mushroom Kingdom tailors. It appears that Watcher is about to speak.

Watcher of The Legion: On behalf of The Legion I humbly accept this Aqua Jacket and the mantle of Worst Alliance Ever. It has been a long and hard road but standing here today I can honestly say that it was all worth it. The Legion's honor, respect for unaligned nations, and the steadfast support of our friends and treaty partners has driven us to the center ring in the target of hatred. Frankly, there's no place we'd rather be.

Of course, we can't take all the glory. This wouldn't have been possible without a lot of help from a lot of wonderful alliances. If you don't mind I'll take a moment to thank some of them.

First of all, a great thanks to MK for hosting the event. Thank you for giving us a place to have this free and unbiased vote. We can honestly say that none of this would have happened without you, so from the bottom of our hearts, thank you.

Secondly, a huge thanks to GATO and GGA for stepping aside and giving us the opportunity to shine. If you hadn't removed yourselves from the race, well…who am I kidding? We'd still have won, but you might have given us a run for our money.

Next we have NPO. How could we forget you? If you hadn't been here to teach us that free will and thinking for yourself is overrated we would never have been able to rise to the heights we have.

Now while we're thanking people, we obviously have to remember some of the people that, despite opposition from their alliances, have always gone out of their way to help make the Legion a better alliance with their well-meant criticism and their attempts to destroy us.

NoWedge, good old nW, while you may no longer grace CN with your loving presence, you will always be remembered. Thanks for all the loving support through the years.

Ivan Moldavi, if it hadn't been for your love and support (and overall boogyman-ness) I don't think any of us would be the way we are today, so really all of CN should thank you, but since I only speak for one alliance, on behalf of The Legion, I thank you.

Lord Swampy, your ****-ups and subsequent attempt to rewrite history are an inspiration to us all. You really were one of the best and brightest of your time. For your great leadership and for the example you've set for us all, we thank you.

Pezstar, your courageous and honorable actions were almost as inspiring as those of Lord Swampy, we thank you.

We would again like to thank Mushroom Kingdom, as well as all those who voted for us. Your unwavering support makes it all worth it. This award is really yours much more than it is ours, so from the bottom of our hearts: we don't like you either. We understand that you love to hate us. We love to hate us too.

You can expect more of the same as The Legion continues to hold forth our ideals of honor, integrity, and the embodiment of our slogan "Unity is Strength". The Legion has stood by that principle time and again even when standing by a partner has come with a steep price in both treasure and blood. We also hold that Legionnaire Unity extends far beyond the hallowed halls of our alliance. Many of our brethren have struck out on their own and we wish to remind them, that Once a Legionnaire Always a Legionnaire. Wherever your path has taken you we bid you Ave Legio and we want you to know that you will always have a home here.

To celebrate this great honor we will be hosting a party with games and discussions on irc at 10 PM EST on Sept 18 on #waegion, our good friends from NATO, Invicta, and UPN will be our guests of honor. We will also be hosting some spam threads on our forums at avelegio.net, just look under Legion Lounge.

[CENTER][IMG]http://cdn.nextround.net/upcoming/thumbs/2010/08/12/Haters-Gonna-Hate-Guy-30.jpg[/IMG]

[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="4"][B]We Are Hated

We Are United

We Are WAEGION!

Ave Legio![/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t294/dumidutz/legion8ta9.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

Edit: added time

Edited by justavictim82

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1284171455' post='2449375']
Dream on, Legion. GGA is still the worst alliance ever.
[/quote]
Wow, what a first post. I'll agree that GGA was worse, but Legion is still here spreading the love while GGA finally buckled, much to our surprise.

I gotta hand it to you, I enjoyed this post.

[quote name='justavictim82' timestamp='1284171110' post='2449371']
First of all, a great thanks to MK for hosting the event. Thank you for giving us a place to have this free and unbiased vote. We can honestly say that none of this would have happened without you, so from the bottom of our hearts, thank you.
[/quote]
Yeah, and hosting it here would yield different results.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1284172332' post='2449395']
Votes are rigged. How much you want to bet UPN was destined to win but because ODN is allied to UPN MK switched things around.
[/quote]
We rig everything with our numerous votes.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1284172332' post='2449395']
Votes are rigged. How much you want to bet UPN was destined to win but because ODN is allied to UPN MK switched things around.
[/quote]
Lol, ask ODN how often they hear about that treaty from their other partners.

ye guys sanctioned me on Purple as well with no need to, which be another reason to dislike ye guys other than all the ones already mentioned in OP.

Edit: Thanks for removing the sanction, seems Legion be actually a good fleet despite this poorly thought out topic.

Edited by Methrage

Wow. Legion, I thought you couldn't stoop any lower, but somehow, you have managed to. This is shameful. Ave FAIL. Legion - new current WAE. GATO still wins for sentimental value, but I guess you guys are making a play to even take that from them. I can't believe to have ever been a part of your awful thing you call an "alliance".

Edited by PumpkinFunk

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1284172508' post='2449399']
Lol, ask ODN how often they hear about that treaty from their other partners.
[/quote]
Heh, UPN heard about that and their GGA treaty often enough as well. :v:

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1284171455' post='2449375']
Dream on, Legion. GGA is still the worst alliance ever.
[/quote]

Even in death they still manage to stink the place up. :gag:

Edit: Obligatory sorry to Legion for making such a silly error as thinking they bested GGA.

Edited by Turetel