GOONS DoW Announcement

Beefspari

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284625089' post='2455676']
The downward slope and low point was the fight with VE, when I fought GOONS is when it started going back up again.
[/quote]
You've recieved 25 million worth of aid and you're fighting 4-6k ns nations. OF COURSE YOU'LL BE GAINING NS.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jakome' timestamp='1284625994' post='2455679']
You've recieved 25 million worth of aid and you're fighting 4-6k ns nations. OF COURSE YOU'LL BE GAINING NS.
[/quote]
All the GOONS who declared on me have received aid and seem to be losing NS, but I guess GOONS are special.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1284559267' post='2454721']
Not really. But it's in your interest however to make it seem like my problem, when in reality it is something else. Fact is that it would be helpful if GOONS taught its junior members when it's best to just shut up.
[/quote]
Fact is that it would be helpful if Valhalla taught its senior members to just shut up.

Hubris, extremely inflated egos, arrogance, extreme double standards...there are many things many people have labeled GOONS with both here and in other venues. No, I can't say I've ever heard 'wit' ever applied to you. Mind you there have been some GOONS that I would say were intelligent, articulate, and genuinely were superior nation rulers and alliance leaders. Their names evoke both fond memories and fit of anger from people that opposed them back in the day. Unfortunately, you aren't one of them.
[/quote]

It's a good thing I know better, otherwise a typical Hal post might have just gotten under my skin.

The "Lost Boys" analogy absolutely works. The world has changed much since 2007. Some would even go so far as to say newer nations are becoming something to be protected, because there are less of them coming into existence, not raided off Planet Bob or harvested like a crop. A similar line of thinking goes with the movement against PZI, EZI and other efforts to run experienced, loyal nation leaders off Planet Bob--yes even the obnoxious ones. No one, save perhaps GPA, wants a world without conflict or something to fight about. But there is a balance to things that needs to be struck. GOONS doesn't seem to understand that. Like the Lost Boys, you refuse to evolve (grow up) and do things differently. I'll not address those that enable your behavior--that is another topic for another day.
[/quote]

No wonder you didn't want to explain it. That's the most ridiculous analogy you could have used. I hope you feel stupider for having explained it. Hey ChairmanHal, like Tron, you are written in BASIC.

There you have it. Enjoy your thread. I fully expect you'll have something you think is witty to say in return (and the tl;dr on that will be "you're stupid"). I've gotten to the point of simply not caring what you think.
[/quote]

When it gets to the point where your opponent preemptively posts a retort to a future message of yours, that's when you know you're the victor in a battle of words. Thank you for handing me the trophy, Hal. :smug:

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1284607799' post='2455464']
So staying silent or not answering the question proper till my question was answered, is lying? Nice to know.

1) i had already been expelled from STA for over an hour. 2) there was two blatant mistakes to that image.

So since i wasnt a member of STA anymore, i decided to humour myself and pezstar with an obvious photoshop. So if pezstar took it seriously then thats not my problem.
[/quote]

You aided a rogue in full knowledge of what that meant for yourself and potentially the STA. You clearly didn't care enough about the alliance or your membership of the alliance when you went and did that. It is ironic to say the least that you now accuse the STA of lacking respect for you.

As for the evidence, I'm not going to go into detail but what was presented to us was enough for us to allow a apy op on your nation to gather intelligence (which causes no harm to your nation at all) in order to see exactly what happened.

If, hypothetically it could be seen a nation that was vocal in supporting a rogue had sent a secret aid offer and that at roughly the same time a new secret aid offer appeared in the rogue's aid records then that'd raise some concerns. But, that nation's alliance wasn't convinced enough to expel the member so asked for more. When it became apparent that at the same time the aid transaction took place the nation changed teams in order to, perhaps, evade the aid sanctions on their usual team only to switch back later the number of coincidences then persuaded the alliance of said nation to allow a spy op to be run by a mutual alliance of the involved parties to determine conclusively whether the nation had done what they were being accused of.

Now, back to you. After all the evidence was presented and the spy ops were conducted (they failed) you were asked directly whether you aided Methrage or not and refused to answer. Instead you played the victim of nasty old Pezstar and the STA not respecting you. Not realising that everything Pez did and said was to give you the best chance possible to prove your innocence. You were never assumed to be guilty by the STA regardless of what you and your aid recipient claim here.

After your expulsion for failing to assist with STA's investigations (a sure sign you were guilty in my opinion because anyone who was innocent would not pass up an open invitation to declare their innocence) you doctored up the screenshot and sent it to Pez.

The bottom line is, you did what you did in full knowledge what the result would be. You showed the STA zero respect by doing what you did so your claims that you were shown no respect are utterly laughable.

You were a good member of the STA and a valued one. But you made this mess. Not me, not Pez, not GOONS, not Methrage and not the STA. You made it. Stop blaming everyone else for your actions.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284623087' post='2455660']
The war has been beneficial to my nation growth at least, the GOONS I'm fighting not so much. Seems even with all their aid slots full it can't stop the decline in their NS.
[/quote]

Heh, of course it has been.

And Libertarianism is the protecting of non-aggressors from those who would infringe upon them.

I don't think either of those words, "Libertarianism" or "beneficial" mean what you think they do

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1284611977' post='2455528']
I too cannot believe that anyone would find anything worthwhile that I don't, or to a degree that I wouldn't. Clearly libertarianism is the idiocy here, AND NOTHING ELSE.
[/quote]
Please explain to me how a libertarian nation raises an army of rationally self-interested people willing to die for the cause. Never mind the disconnect between an empire and the ideal libertarian state of government (i.e, none). Much like everything else about Methrage his very nation is a contradiction.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1284627175' post='2455686']
When it gets to the point where your opponent preemptively posts a retort to a future message of yours, that's when you know you're the victor in a battle of words. Thank you for handing me the trophy, Hal.
[/quote]

Hey no problem. [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=92279"]You've got other issues...[/url]

Unbelievable. :facepalm:

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284626099' post='2455680']
All the GOONS who declared on me have received aid and seem to be losing NS, but I guess GOONS are special.
[/quote]
Shocker that non nuke nations are losing ns to the nuke capable nation who is receiving aid (and they aren't even dropping dramatically). But you keep feeling good about your "victory".

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1284628978' post='2455689']
You aided a rogue in full knowledge of what that meant for yourself and potentially the STA. You clearly didn't care enough about the alliance or your membership of the alliance when you went and did that. It is ironic to say the least that you now accuse the STA of lacking respect for you.

You were a good member of the STA and a valued one. But you made this mess. Not me, not Pez, not GOONS, not Methrage and not the STA. You made it. Stop blaming everyone else for your actions.[/quote]

To be honest it was a lack of respect, to not come and talk to me before hand it isnt like im never around, also im not really blaming anyone just the route that was taken in my eyes wasnt right.
This is getting beyond a joke now (figure of speach) Since its like talking to a brick wall im going to bow out.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1284648262' post='2455778']
To be honest it was a lack of respect, to not come and talk to me before hand it isnt like im never around, also im not really blaming anyone just the route that was taken in my eyes wasnt right.[/quote]

So that justifies using a doctored screen (apparently) to try and make your case after mouthing off to your government? Your aren't really doing yourself any favors with the act.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1284650387' post='2455792']
So that justifies using a doctored screen (apparently) to try and make your case after mouthing off to your government? Your aren't really doing yourself any favors with the act.
[/quote]

I'll also note that his refusal to answer occurred before he knew we had anything to do with the spy operation, so he really can't use that as an excuse for being obstinate. Well, he can. But it won't work.

Edit: Also, this is the screenshot he gave us. [img]http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/2660/screenieg.jpg[/img]

Edited by pezstar

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1284648262' post='2455778']
To be honest it was a lack of respect, to not come and talk to me before hand it isnt like im never around, also im not really blaming anyone just the route that was taken in my eyes wasnt right.
This is getting beyond a joke now (figure of speach) Since its like talking to a brick wall im going to bow out.
[/quote]
Clearly, I cant really talk smack about aiding a rogue, given my AA and all, but giving doctored screen shots to your alliances government definitely makes you look like the one lacking in respect.
If you are going to take a risk like that, at least own up to it.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1284655935' post='2455838']
Giving GOONS free money is hardly the cause you are fighting for. Or is it?
[/quote]
They could always unload their nukes as well on GOONS if they somehow get caught, although if they are stealthy enough about it they won't be.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284656427' post='2455842']
They could always unload their nukes as well on GOONS if they somehow get caught, although if they are stealthy enough about it they won't be.
[/quote]

No one has had the guts to do so yet. It sounds to me like your "supporters" only care until their nations are in jeopardy. Then, they turn tail and give GOONS what they want.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1284656815' post='2455849']
No one has had the guts to do so yet. It sounds to me like your "supporters" only care until their nations are in jeopardy. Then, they turn tail and give GOONS what they want.
[/quote]
If they have the guts to send the money that's enough for me to be grateful to them, although I doubt all nations would react that way if they got caught.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284657034' post='2455851']
If they have the guts to send the money that's enough for me to be grateful to them, although I doubt all nations would react that way if they got caught.
[/quote]

100% of nations have acted that way when caught. If folks actually had the guts to support you, rather than trying to get a thrill by attempting to get away with something, they'd send the aid publicly.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1284657183' post='2455852']
100% of nations have acted that way when caught. If folks actually had the guts to support you, rather than trying to get a thrill by attempting to get away with something, they'd send the aid publicly.
[/quote]
Not all aid has been secret, comrade Bavaricar comes to mind who both sent aid public and has been assisting in the war. Through coordination GOONS are getting hit extra hard.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1284656463' post='2455843']
At this point, I'm wondering if Methrage isn't a member of GOONS. 280mil and counting...
[/quote]

He's certainly earned himself an MSPaint Ribbon for his generous contribution to our pockets.

edit: 280? I've lost track. :wacko:

Edited by SirWilliam

Methrage, this is stupid.

At this point you are like an inflamed appendix. Infecting anything that comes in contact with you. Stop luring people into the 90 million debt snare. You know it, you are not doing them any favors by inciting the gullible and causing them to owe reps to the GOONS. The GOONS will run out of aid slots at this rate.