GOONS DoW Announcement

Beefspari

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1284311630' post='2451098']
You are right, GOONS warmachine is much more effective.

We were never able to beat ourselves into what amounted to disbandment for over a yr.

We shall try better next time I promise... :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Did you really just bring up a different alliance that practically disbanded over 2 years ago after getting rolled by double its NS to somehow prove the competence of the valhallan war machine? The mind boggles.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Biazt' timestamp='1284313278' post='2451128']
Did you really just bring up a different alliance that practically disbanded over 2 years ago after getting rolled by double its NS to somehow prove the competence of the valhallan war machine? The mind boggles.
[/quote]
Your memory is short. Valhalla got rolled by significantly more than double its NS twice in the past 18 months or so. In fact, Valhalla got rolled by the same war machine in the same war and didn't disband.

GOONS quit the first time they fought a war where the odds were against them. That's fact. And it's already been shown that there is a significant overlap between GOONS v1 and GOONS v2.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1284311630' post='2451098']
You are right, GOONS warmachine is much more effective.

We were never able to beat ourselves into what amounted to disbandment for over a yr.

We shall try better next time I promise... :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I expect some others to be ignorant of our true history. You, however, have crossed paths with us enough to know better than to conflate us with that dead alliance.

But Udelar Johnson, the foremost expert on the subject - Haflinger - points out there's significant overlap. Therefore, the Order of Neutral Shoving and Oppression Negligence and Sadism are one and the same!

Speaking of war machines, Haflinger, wasn't Invicta claiming, until relatively recently, that you guys were undefeated in combat? :lol1:

[quote name='Udelar Johnson' timestamp='1284315284' post='2451153']
I expect some others to be ignorant of our true history. You, however, have crossed paths with us enough to know better than to conflate us with that dead alliance.
[/quote]

It certainly does come into play when a GOONS tries to cast some sort of not very well thought out jibe against Valhalla and its ability and commitment to war. We have shown our spine thru many many many wars(really its one of the only reasons most of us old timers in valhalla continue to plod along), both on the winning/curbstomp side and also on the BEING curbstomped side.

So being as we were talking about 'true' history, I thought it was a pertinent point.

[quote name='Mandolus' timestamp='1284309729' post='2451042']
Methrage, you are a liar and a scammer. How exactly do you plan to be able to pay off this tech deal when you lose all the money in your petty war against us?

You get all mad when we make a joke chatlog that "slanders" you and then you go and pull this? Guess what, buddy. We aren't the ones hurting your reputation. We don't even need to.
[/quote]
You're comparing me doing tech deals with people, which is a regular action you guys do during war as well to you guys slandering me with fake logs to make me out to be racist? Maybe when you guys apologized for that it wasn't so sincere after all if you think its the same thing.

Edit: I've also heard some negative rumors that are false are being spread about me IRC people are believing, that stuff should all stop.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1284322628' post='2451332']
Proper punctuation would be: "Your funeral."
[/quote]

Zing!

[quote name='dalstrs' timestamp='1284324275' post='2451374']
I have a serious question for GOONS, why are we justifying anything these clowns say by responding to them?
[/quote]

Boredom? :P

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1284324414' post='2451378']
Boredom? :P
[/quote]Yeah pretty much this.

These stupid pointless debates that have broken out over the last week or two are still somehow the most relevant thing happening on Plant Bob right now.

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1284322628' post='2451332']
Proper punctuation would be: "Your funeral."
[/quote]
I'll be sure to nitpick your mercy board post for improper grammar, if you care enough about your nation to make it.
[quote]
And thanks for the PZI confirmation. :smug:
[/quote]
You keep using that word, but I don't think you know what it means.

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1284292064' post='2450866']
Sarcasm; it escapes you. [/quote]

Nice attempt at backpedaling.

[quote name='Biazt' timestamp='1284313278' post='2451128']
[/quote]

So when it's convenient to be associated with the old GOONS, using the acronym, the symbology, referring people to external web sites (especially one in particular)--basically evoking all the "good stuff" from the past, you have no problem with it. When any of the bad stuff from the past comes up however, you're a "new" alliance. <_<

Your "new" alliance was founded by members of the old GOONS and led by members of the old GOONS on the lunar surface before returning here. New? That's pretty relative.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1284333316' post='2451631']
Nice attempt at backpedaling.

[b]So when it's convenient to be associated with the old GOONS, using the acronym, the symbology, referring people to external web sites (especially one in particular)--basically evoking all the "good stuff" from the past, you have no problem with it. When any of the bad stuff from the past comes up however, you're a "new" alliance.[/b] [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]

Your "new" alliance was founded by members of the old GOONS and led by members of the old GOONS on the lunar surface before returning here. New? That's pretty relative.
[/quote]

That's the new GOONS standard, Hal. :v:

Lower than the !@#$@#$ ground.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1284333316' post='2451631']
So when it's convenient to be associated with the old GOONS, using the acronym, the symbology, referring people to external web sites (especially one in particular)--basically evoking all the "good stuff" from the past, you have no problem with it. When any of the bad stuff from the past comes up however, you're a "new" alliance. <_<

[/quote]
... when exactly is it "convenient" to be associated with the old GOONS? We have reasons other than "convenience" for using the acronym and symbol. As for the website, I'm not sure what you're referring to.

As for our founders and leaders... I guess you can assign your own relevance to it, but I don't see it as being a particularly damning point. The leadership we have was not part of the leadership of the old GOONS, and the old GOONS's leadership wasn't even part of the core "GOONS culture".

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284321867' post='2451306']
You're comparing me doing tech deals with people, which is a regular action you guys do during war as well to you guys slandering me with fake logs to make me out to be racist? Maybe when you guys apologized for that it wasn't so sincere after all if you think its the same thing.
[/quote]

Okay, forget the logs. You're still a scammer and a liar and you manipulated a friend of our ally into giving you money that you quite likely won't be able to pay back after ten days of war. GOONS may be pranksters but you are an untrustworthy thief.

[quote name='Mandolus' timestamp='1284334280' post='2451665']
Okay, forget the logs. You're still a scammer and a liar and you manipulated a friend of our ally into giving you money that you quite likely won't be able to pay back after ten days of war. GOONS may be pranksters but you are an untrustworthy thief.
[/quote]
I'll easily be able to pay the tech back, although its clear what you're trying to do and that you're no longer worth responding to. People know I keep to my commitments and your lies and slander are clearly just that.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284334617' post='2451678']
I'll easily be able to pay the tech back, although its clear what you're trying to do and that you're no longer worth responding to. People know I keep to my commitments and your lies and slander are clearly just that.
[/quote]

You're taking tech deals in the middle of a two man rogue war on an alliance with 300 members, Methrage. The only reason you're not in bill lock right now is because you managed to trick some more people into aiding you. I saw the spy report. You had $4000 a couple of days ago.

[quote name='Mandolus' timestamp='1284335352' post='2451708']
You're taking tech deals in the middle of a two man rogue war on an alliance with 300 members, Methrage. The only reason you're not in bill lock right now is because you managed to trick some more people into aiding you. I saw the spy report. You had $4000 a couple of days ago.
[/quote]
You haven't got any spy reports on me, so that's proof your full of lies.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284340101' post='2451813']
You haven't got any spy reports on me, so that's proof your full of lies.
[/quote]

Well, pack it in guys. He says we don't have any spy reports. That's PROOF. Can't argue with that.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he plans to pay back the tech, since he's so confident he'll be able to afford it. Should be interesting seeing him blame us when he can't, too.

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1284340965' post='2451828']
Well, pack it in guys. He says we don't have any spy reports. That's PROOF. Can't argue with that.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he plans to pay back the tech, since he's so confident he'll be able to afford it. Should be interesting seeing him blame us when he can't, too.
[/quote]

He'll get another few people to give him aid so he can pay it back.

That or do what you just said.

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1284343880' post='2451864']
Sadly, I think you're right.
[/quote]
Both the GOONS you have on me right now have been knocked below my NS, it will be interesting to see who you send as the third.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284346218' post='2451890']
Both the GOONS you have on me right now have been knocked below my NS, it will be interesting to see who you send as the third.
[/quote]

So, you got secret aid, and blew it on tech and infra and filled all of your slots.

All of us in :(( GOONS :(( will be very interested in how you'll be able to pay off your tech deals by the time 10 days are up.

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1284355224' post='2452017']
So, you got secret aid, and blew it on tech and infra and filled all of your slots.

All of us in :(( GOONS :(( will be very interested in how you'll be able to pay off your tech deals by the time 10 days are up.
[/quote]
Paying the tech will be easy, although I'm interested to see how you guys think you will have me in bill lock or anarchy.