War Ends

[quote name='chris8967' timestamp='1282771027' post='2431185']
If that was the case RV then I can't say as I blame you. However Rok and TENE where the only 2 that was going to declare on you. As I said though if NSO believed that Rok was coming with all her allies I don't blame NSO for slipping into PM.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Very well then. No need to argue over such a small point. RoK had no obligation to inform us of its war plans, and quite frankly, would have been stupid to do. I cannot fault RoK from bringing in its allies to stop us from entering peace mode either. As Hoo said, peace mode is a viable strategy, and so is trying to stop it from being used. In all honesty the accusations of cowardice flying from both sides here is absurd, ridiculous, and uncalled for. We both demonstrated that we'd be willing to fight for our stance, no matter how obscene it may seem to the other side. And that is all there is to it really.

You sunk my battleship.[/color]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1282630732' post='2429077']
Very humourous.

The war begins with NSO (stupidly) sending aid to an alleged rogue when Hoo specifically said doing so would be considered an act of war. Fair enough, not sure that the extent of the war was warranted but I'm not here to argue what is proportionate or disproportionate.

Some in the NSO complained about this and were told by numerous people that Hoo's word is his word and by doing what he specifically asked not be done the NSO were insane based on the premise that Hoo means what he says. This was rammed home quite clearly and often.

Now, fast forward a week or so and we have Hoo's word relegated to an inconvenient and irrelevant uttering of the past when it comes to peacing out the war. Hoo promised to "walk away" after the round of wars ended and good on him for promising that. Sounds fair and reasonable to me.

So, I'll just enjoy the irony of the people pontificating over Hoo's word being hard currency up until it becomes inconvenient when pushing their own agendas. All hail the peace terms heroes!
[/quote]

Sums up what I think of the matter entirely.

Also wow, Xiphosis was acting better than normal in the peace talks. Amazing really.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1282766887' post='2431136']
Dude, we've had protectorates bigger than your current size, maybe dial down the "We're bad $@!" rhetoric just a little?
[/quote]
No.

[quote name='chris8967' timestamp='1282768817' post='2431154']
Anytime you want to go one on one with us step up. Rok would be more than happy to crush you by herself. Then again NSO already knows this that's why you ran to PM, leaving us no option but to call in our allies so we could catch as many members of NSO as we could before you jumped into peace mode. Face it, you talk a big game but when it comes down to it your nothing.
[/quote]
You say that now after you got your boys to jump us. You talk big but when you had the chance to take us on you instead ran for allies.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1282769871' post='2431170']
I'm not really sure where this comment came from, but it certainly is not the consensus at Ragnarok.

Also, going into peacemode when you know you are about to be attacked is a viable tactic. We called in other alliances to stop said viable tactic, but it does not mean that the NSO were cowardly for trying.
[/quote]
Damn it Hoo, I prefer you not make statements that make me move towards thinking you're an ok dude ;)

[quote name='Rebel Virginia']

Very well then. No need to argue over such a small point. RoK had no obligation to inform us of its war plans, and quite frankly, would have been stupid to do. I cannot fault RoK from bringing in its allies to stop us from entering peace mode either. As Hoo said, peace mode is a viable strategy, and so is trying to stop it from being used. In all honesty the accusations of cowardice flying from both sides here is absurd, ridiculous, and uncalled for. We both demonstrated that we'd be willing to fight for our stance, no matter how obscene it may seem to the other side. And that is all there is to it really.
[/quote]

I agree with you RV and I agree with Hoo. I shouldn't have dragged NPO into this argument because of a statement one of her members made. I was wrong and apologize for my comment about NPO, it was uncalled for. I tend to be a little hot headed sometimes.

Edited by chris8967

[quote name='chris8967' timestamp='1282768519' post='2431148']
You wouldn't have jumped in if NSO had begged you too. NPO would of found a way to avoid it, as always.
[/quote]

The 27 alliance wars we have fought beg to differ, ma'am. Try again?

[quote name='chris8967' timestamp='1282778206' post='2431267']
Read above barbie, I'm man enough to admit when I'm in the wrong.
[/quote]

Hey no hard feelings, it appears we posted our responses at the same time. Thanks for the apology.

[quote name='chris8967' timestamp='1282779137' post='2431295']
No problem, hey when I'm wrong I'm wrong.
[/quote]
In future, you may find it helpful to have some semblance of knowledge about the situation or alliances being discussed, before you decide to jump in and start shouting at people. I know you guys are used to living in a world where the general OWF population swallows anything negative said about Pacifica whole, and come straight back begging for more, but really. Statements like your previous one, displaying an utter lack of knowledge of current events, history, or other alliances, just serve to reinforce the SF/C&G image of a handful of smart people leading legions of slack-jawed dolts, whose peak of mental activity is spouting memes and entering debates to ask 'umad? :smug: '.

[quote name='chris8967']I shouldn't have dragged NPO into this argument because of a statement one of her members made.[/quote]
I would be fine with you involving us in this conversation if what you said had any basis in reality. How you've survived a year and a half in this game is a mystery.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1282790477' post='2431445']just serve to reinforce the SF/C&G image of a handful of smart people leading legions of slack-jawed dolts
[/quote]
As opposed to the Ex-Heg image of a handful of dumb people leading legions of slack-jawed dolts.

I'm confused. (I am getting older, so this is to be expected to some extent obviously.)

Hoo said this:

[quote=Hoo]I have all of our allies ready to peace out ASAP instead of continuing this. We just need to agree on the wording. Obviously, you'd have to agree to the wording before it went up also as we wouldn't post something that you did not agree to. There are no reps or anything like that, it is just a statement in regard to the cessation of hostilities. I apologize that it has taken a few more days than I previously thought, it was hard getting everyone on and in agreement.[/quote]

Now, aside from the IRC logs and other correspondence, this brief statement claims that RoK and allies are "ready to peace out ASAP" and that there are no reparations. Specifically stating that "it is just a statement in regard to the cessation of hostilities" before again emphasizing that he has confirmed that while it was hard to do so he was able to get everyone's agreement.

How odd.

To me, "just a statement" does not include an OOC term, such as a beer review, which is undoubtedly [i]not[/i] just a statement regarding the end of hostilities.

I know that some people are going on and on about how the GOD-VE led (Hoo et al have demonstrated that RoK, even though this was their war, was not the leader) coalition's term isn't harsh, and I will not disagree with them. But it is a lie to have this statement in existence and for Hoo et al to claim that such was never said or even implied or that the existence of a term is the same as no terms or just a statement.

It is not "crybabying" to point out the falsehood of another. Claiming that people calling you a liar are crybabies simply because you can't own up to your own mistake is a bit juvenile. I know that I have been called out more than once and I admit that I have utilized my own versions of the Truth in the past to press my own points of view but I never disparage my detractors without addressing their points directly.

Now, as for the war itself, it is over. The NSO once again stood alone and fought against overwhelming odds and took a beating. They stood alone this time by choice. I have no doubt that the NSO's allies in NPO, TC and elsewhere would have come to their aid had they requested it. Claiming some dodge only highlights the efforts of some to draw this into a larger conflict.

If members of the NSO wish to lament and complain about getting their $@! handed to them in a beatdown, so what? How many of you did the same thing multiple times in the past when your alliances were subject to such bullying and crushing odds when certain other groups acted the same as these current thugs are now behaving? That is just how it goes. Might makes Right in the Cyberverse. It always has. But that has never meant everyone has to like it.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1282792286' post='2431471']
Which explains why it took you almost 3 years to defeat us after the GPW, right? :blink:
[/quote]

Pretty odd argument seeing as you're well on your way to that number post-Karma.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1282795286' post='2431511']I have no doubt that the NSO's allies in NPO, TC and elsewhere would have come to their aid had they requested it. [/quote]

I have doubts...especially about GATO lolz

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1282795286' post='2431511']

I have no doubt that the NSO's allies in NPO, TC and elsewhere would have come to their aid had they requested it. Claiming some dodge only highlights the efforts of some to draw this into a larger conflict.

[/quote]

In a hot minute.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1282795472' post='2431515']
Pretty odd argument seeing as you're well on your way to that number post-Karma.
[/quote]
Wow, you guys are having a hard time with numbers in this thread, eh? It's ok, I'll help you out. Just like 0.000000001 does not equal 0, 1.3 does not equal 3. 3 is in fact more than twice 1.3, and in terms of years that is quite a difference. Perhaps when we get to April next year you can start up this argument, when what you are saying is actually true.

Edited by WorldConqueror

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1282795286' post='2431511']

Now, as for the war itself, it is over. The NSO once again stood alone and fought against overwhelming odds and took a beating. They stood alone this time by choice. I have no doubt that the NSO's allies in NPO, TC and elsewhere would have come to their aid had they requested it. Claiming some dodge only highlights the efforts of some to draw this into a larger conflict.

If members of the NSO wish to lament and complain about getting their $@! handed to them in a beatdown, so what? How many of you did the same thing multiple times in the past when your alliances were subject to such bullying and crushing odds when certain other groups acted the same as these current thugs are now behaving? That is just how it goes. Might makes Right in the Cyberverse. It always has. But that has never meant everyone has to like it.
[/quote]

Might does indeed make right, and we'd have been there in a hot second had you requested it. We are no stranger to the beat down/rebuild process. We spent about 1/3rd of the last year or so in various nuke fests.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1282796715' post='2431539']
Might does indeed make right, and we'd have been there in a hot second had you requested it. We are no stranger to the beat down/rebuild process. We spent about 1/3rd of the last year or so in various nuke fests.
[/quote]

Funnily enough, I ended up here after leaving TPF. Irony.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1282796630' post='2431536']
Wow, you guys are having a hard time with numbers in this thread, eh? It's ok, I'll help you out. Just like 0.000000001 does not equal 0, 1.3 does not equal 3. 3 is in fact more than twice 1.3, and in terms of years that is quite a difference. Perhaps when we get to April next year you can start up this argument, when what you are saying is actually true.
[/quote]

Well you took the biggest total NS loss in the history of the game, lost sanction, paid far and away the most massive reps in the history of the game over a 10 month span and 3 months after your reps/terms ended you are the #2 alliance in the game again. Yet you are Pacifica so people are going to not give you any credit for any accomplishments when many past alliances chose to disband when they faced a mere fraction of what you did during Karma and after.