War Ends

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1282631224' post='2429097']
I would suggest you , and several other people missed the qualification line in Hoo's message. He made it VERY clear that he was, and could only, speak for RoK, and not his allies. As his allies decided that the terms agreed upon were appropriate, and the opportunity for RoK to exit the war WITH their allies instead of seperate from their allies, is absolutely NOT an instance of Hoo breaking his word to anyone. There is no way that Lintwad, RV, Ivan, Tyga, or Pez could believe that Hoo has the authority to speak for all alliances on that front.

Had tonights update come and gone, and RoK continued their attacks, THEN you might have some grounds to call Hoo out on his word. But this...

Van Hoo III Sent 16 August 2010 - 02:19 PM
I am calling the shots and am in charge in regard to Ragnarok. As we have discussed, we have no intention of extending this war beyond this next round. Should our allies decide they want to keep it going for their own grievances, then that would be up to them. I doubt that would actually happen, to be candid ... but the option is theirs

...very clearly indiciates that he is speaking ONLY for RoK. When the rest of the "terms" were agreed upon, he exited WITH his allies. It is amazing that anyone is trying to spin it any other way.
[/quote]

Besides the fact that Ragnarok presented the terms, you mean to tell me that Ragnarok, lead by Hoo (I know this is all so hard for you to follow), the guy who told his allies to come in, couldn't tell them to get out on his terms? It's a simple matter. It would take literally no arm-wringing to have these tools back off with any terms he wanted. And hell, if they refuse, it'd make me wonder the true reasons they entered the conflict to begin with.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1282631500' post='2429110']
Psst..RoK didn't walk away, they signed the terms. ;)

Also, as this war was RoK's and the hangers-on only came in to prevent NSO escaping into peace mode (remember that one?) I find it odd that RoK's allies would have such leverage when the time comes to peace the war out.

RoK's allies behaved abominably this evening but I really expected no better from the usual peace term heroes.
[/quote]

Yes yes, they signed them. That sure is a conviction on them. Are you kidding me? You , I KNOW are smarter than this. It would seem that the only way to appease you all would have been to have just GOD and VE sign these terms and the others post a seperate white peace. Yeah, thats what allies do. Keep grasping at the straws to try to pain a bad frame around RoK and Hoo, 90% of the world sees the folly of this argument.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1282631500' post='2429110']
Psst..RoK didn't walk away, they signed the terms. ;)

Also, as this war was RoK's and the hangers-on only came in to prevent NSO escaping into peace mode (remember that one?) I find it odd that RoK's allies would have such leverage when the time comes to peace the war out.

RoK's allies behaved abominably this evening but I really expected no better from the usual peace term heroes.
[/quote]
Personally, I think it's better that the allies can go in and do what they want without relying on the original declaration.

I mean, we saw how Bi-Polar ended up because we decided to accept NpO's "term."

EDIT: Hell, NSO did that very same thing.

Edited by Earogema

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1282631224' post='2429097']
I would suggest you , and several other people missed the qualification line in Hoo's message. He made it VERY clear that he was, and could only, speak for RoK, and not his allies. As his allies decided that the terms agreed upon were appropriate, and the opportunity for RoK to exit the war WITH their allies instead of seperate from their allies, is absolutely NOT an instance of Hoo breaking his word to anyone. There is no way that Lintwad, RV, Ivan, Tyga, or Pez could believe that Hoo has the authority to speak for all alliances on that front.

Had tonights update come and gone, and RoK continued their attacks, THEN you might have some grounds to call Hoo out on his word. But this...

Van Hoo III Sent 16 August 2010 - 02:19 PM
I am calling the shots and am in charge in regard to Ragnarok. As we have discussed, we have no intention of extending this war beyond this next round. Should our allies decide they want to keep it going for their own grievances, then that would be up to them. I doubt that would actually happen, to be candid ... but the option is theirs

...very clearly indiciates that he is speaking ONLY for RoK. When the rest of the "terms" were agreed upon, he exited WITH his allies. It is amazing that anyone is trying to spin it any other way.
[/quote]

Ok.. if Hoo speaks solely for RoK, and this was RoK's war (everyone coming in on the stomp was just an ally defending RoK aggressively.. Why did allies have any say at all in the Terms for surrender? Isn't the aggrieved party the Main, if not the sole determiner as to what surrender terms should be? Far be it from me, lowly peon compared to CN's mighty E-gos, to understand the goings on behind the scenes.. but common sense dictates such.

Meh.. just glad this is over.. (Stupid war is stupid)

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1282631536' post='2429112']
And for all you know, that may have all been a done deal. Again, there were more people at play than just those 2. It is ALWAYS desirable to exit as a unit. I, for one, have ZERO doubt that had NSO said no to these terms, RoK , and Hoo, would have been true to their word and walked away. It is disgusting, to be honest, to watch anyone paint it as anything else.
[/quote]
Do you believe in the tooth fairy as well? Because I've got some bad news....

RoK said "this is what we will do." They didn't do that.

At least two of RoK's allies, the ones who entered purely in support and only because we were going to peace and they had to launch early, said they would leave whenever RoK did.

So how did we get here? Someone lied, or manipulated someone, or was a bad ally, or a bad diplomat, or a bad leader, or something. No matter how you cut it, it wasn't handled well, at all.

[quote name='2burnt2eat' timestamp='1282631658' post='2429119']
Besides the fact that Ragnarok presented the terms, you mean to tell me that Ragnarok, lead by Hoo (I know this is all so hard for you to follow), the guy who told his allies to come in, couldn't tell them to get out on his terms? It's a simple matter. It would take literally no arm-wringing to have these tools back off with any terms he wanted. And hell, if they refuse, it'd make me wonder the true reasons they entered the conflict to begin with.
[/quote]

Yes, I am telling you that Hoo cannot "TELL" his allies to get out. If YOU believe he can, then you sir, are the foolish one.

[quote name='Melchior' timestamp='1282631687' post='2429120']
Reps are getting harsher and harsher, these days, aren't they? [/quote]
I'd say rep quantity is more a function of casus belli quality than it is of time.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1282631750' post='2429124']

At least two of RoK's allies, the ones who entered purely in support and only because we were going to peace and they had to launch early, said they would leave whenever RoK did.

So how did we get here? Someone lied, or manipulated someone, or was a bad ally, or a bad diplomat, or a bad leader, or something. No matter how you cut it, it wasn't handled well, at all.
[/quote]

The utter hilarity of this... is that it is clear that you guys BELIEVE something bad happened here. It is... amazing.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1282631750' post='2429124']

[/quote]

And RoK personally didn't want terms.

And their allies did leave when RoK did.

You guys are really reaching to try and paint RoK and Hoo as some sort of villain here.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1282626872' post='2428878']
I hate to split hairs here but by agreeing to the terms on NSO's behalf your Emperor acknowledged as much.
[/quote]
Weren't you the one who said something along the lines of there's no point having a forced apology if it isn't sincere? Doesn't that transfer to this situation? A forced admittance lacks a little sincerity.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1282631752' post='2429125']
Yes, I am telling you that Hoo cannot "TELL" his allies to get out. If YOU believe he can, then you sir, are the foolish one.
[/quote]
He told them to get in, out of respect wouldn't they want too get on his terms because it was his war started by him for him? OH THE LOGIC.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1282631650' post='2429118']
You don't have a spare 6 million to send me, do you?
[/quote]

I can probably scrape it up, I'll even throw in 12 tech and 70 soldiers. That might add an extra couple weeks to the war.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1282631837' post='2429131']
You guys are really reaching to try and paint RoK and Hoo as some sort of villain here.
[/quote]
Hey, don't say you guys. I, for one, am mostly just here to try and slander xiphosis. Speaking of which, did I mention that xiphosis' best attempt at communicating with us involved him constantly referring to Lint as adorable?

Edited by heggo

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1282631752' post='2429125']
[/quote]

He can call them in, but not out? I'm not saying he has the power to do so, which is literally the only little pole you can stand on. I'm saying that if he told them to get out under what terms, since they came to help him in the first place, I'm pretty damn sure they'd obey their allies wishes.

Courtesy and honor might be a new concept to you, but it's rare that you would violate it against your allies and friends.

And as shown, Hoo didn't care to get his allies to knock it off. Again, his word meaningless.

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1282631979' post='2429136']
Hey, don't say you guys. I, for one, am mostly just here to try and slander xiphosis. Speaking of which, did I mention that xiphosis' best attempt at communicating with us involved him constantly referring to Lint as adorable?
[/quote]

I'm sure you could just squeeze his cheeks.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1282626482' post='2428845']
I'm sure NSO will handle this with the grace of a dignified and classy alliance.
[/quote]GOD, on what it means to be a dignified and classy alliance. Priceless.

Congratulations, my Sith friends, on this resolution to a conflict that never should have been. It's about time. Though apparently even this is not without drama, and it looks like I have a little reading to do.

[quote name='2burnt2eat' timestamp='1282631995' post='2429137']
He can call them in, but not out? I'm not saying he has the power to do so, which is literally the only little pole you can stand on. I'm saying that if he told them to get out under what terms, since they came to help him in the first place, I'm pretty damn sure they'd obey their allies wishes.

Courtesy and honor might be a new concept to you, but it's rare that you would violate it against your allies and friends.

And as shown, Hoo didn't care to get his allies to knock it off. Again, his word meaningless.
[/quote]
Again: NSO did the same thing. They were called in, but when their allies left that front, they stayed in. So I don't see how one could claim such a thing.

Granted, NSO did have a term to fulfill, even if it was a light one.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1282632091' post='2429142']
I like how all through this war, Rok huffed and puffed about how they always "talk straight", and how everything Hoo says happens.

And then they prove that he's as big a liar as anyone else.
[/quote]

Hoo said he spoke for RoK and would also go along with whatever his allies said. And...he did. What a terrible person.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1282632111' post='2429143']
Again: NSO did the same thing. They were called in, but when their allies left that front, they stayed in. So I don't see how one could claim such a thing.

Granted, NSO did have a term to fulfill, even if it was a light one.
[/quote]
We had other allies and we weren't actually given the same opportunity to leave as Polar was and what are you talking about this isn't relevant or analogous at all....huh?

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1282631979' post='2429136']
[/quote]

Let the record show I resisted all of his advances.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1282632213' post='2429145']
Hoo said he spoke for RoK and would also go along with whatever his allies said. And...he did. What a terrible person.
[/quote]
He said that if GOD or others wanted to continue then that was on them, but RoK wouldn't go along with them, actually.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1282631834' post='2429130']
The utter hilarity of this... is that it is clear that you guys BELIEVE something bad happened here. It is... amazing.
[/quote]

The only thing hilarious here is the words tumbling out of your mouth whenever you open it.

I'd hope for once that you'd learn not to jump into another conversation you're so unable to argue about.