Joint VE/GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1282620896' post='2428726']
Fixed for you, because this is what optional treaties means.
[/quote]
You say that like GOONS wouldn't want to go to war if we had the chance.

Besides, it's not like mandatory treaties are any better. This recent NSO conflict showed about 10 mandatory treaties going unfulfilled. Sure as heck weren't ODPs, but nobody showed up anyway.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1282621717' post='2428752']

Besides, it's not like mandatory treaties are any better. This recent NSO conflict showed about 10 mandatory treaties going unfulfilled. Sure as heck weren't ODPs, but nobody showed up anyway.
[/quote]

LMAO.....well said!!

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1282621327' post='2428739'][url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=26935&view=findpost&p=712374"]"Your assistance in the past is not a blank check for the present."[/url][/quote]No it's not, but the past should engender a certain respectful decorum, the kind which is decidedly lacking if a Viridian's only rebuttal to a Polar's argument is a snarky comment about the Polar AA.

Also interesting choice VE. I'm quite sure, however, that you'll regret this eventually.

Edited by Fallen Fool

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1282621717' post='2428752']

[/quote]

First, of course you have the chance to go to war, if you want that so much just declare war against someone. :rolleyes:

Second, I'm pretty sure that you know that NSO asked their allies to doesn't help, so I don't know why you bring an unrelated subject here.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1282605809' post='2428257']
Hey, three mentions before I even read the thread!

Let this treaty be a lesson to all of you, moralists and non-moralists can get on fine together. It shouldn't surprise you as much as it seems to have done, after all quite a few of VE's previous treaty partners are not moralist either, and nor are several of my personal treaties through history.
[/quote]
Well, why dont you shut up moralising then.(they cant fyi)

Congrats to both alliances.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1282621877' post='2428754']
No it's not, but the past should engender a certain respectful decorum, the kind which is decidedly lacking if a Viridian's only rebuttal to a Polar's argument is a snarky comment about the Polar AA.

Also interesting choice VE. I'm quite sure, however, that you'll regret this eventually.
[/quote]
Fallen, this discussion is way beyond my willingness to take on [i]any[/i] of the arguments in it. Just dropping a link to the quote so many people were trying to repeat. Want no quarrel at the moment.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1282622176' post='2428764']
Fallen, this discussion is way beyond my willingness to take on [i]any[/i] of the arguments in it. Just dropping a link to the quote so many people were trying to repeat. Want no quarrel at the moment.
[/quote]I'm not looking to dredge up old arguments either; I was just using your post as a stepping stone to undermine the kind of references to Polar which necessitated you digging up that old quote. :P

Also totally missed this:

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1282613347' post='2428447']Basically it is poorly informed at best to equate us with the old GOONS, especially given the scope of our diplomatic record.[/quote]You are more diplomatic, and generally far nicer, then the old GOONS true, but that doesn't change the fact that you have been at the center of a number of controversies, which "professional" and moralist players found distasteful, since the end of Karma. Chances are you'll do that again in the future and while you'll undoubtedly clean your mess up rather well, you will still cause headaches, facepalms, and exasperated sighs amongst your allies and friends, including I think a majority of VE's membership.

Edited by Fallen Fool

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1282622104' post='2428761']
Second, I'm pretty sure that you know that NSO asked their allies to doesn't help, so I don't know why you bring an unrelated subject here.
[/quote]
NSO's allies aren't the only people who skipped out on the check. I'm pretty sure you know that.

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1282623996' post='2428791']
NSO's allies aren't the only people who skipped out on the check.
[/quote]

So I don't know what you're talking about.

Also is funny that you avoided the first part of my post, I don't think you want war that hard after all. :laugh:

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1282623529' post='2428785']
You are more diplomatic, and generally far nicer, then the old GOONS true, but that doesn't change the fact that you have been at the center of a number of controversies, which "professional" and moralist players found distasteful, since the end of Karma. Chances are you'll do that again in the future and while you'll undoubtedly clean your mess up rather well, you will still cause headaches, facepalms, and exasperated sighs amongst your allies and friends, including I think a majority of VE's membership.
[/quote]
These are quite bold claims, I have to question your wisdom in making them. Our relationships with our allies are sound and our few "controversies" are always explainable and justifiable.

[quote name='Edifice' timestamp='1282624826' post='2428803']
I am surprised an ODP is getting this much attention. Has this type of treaty gained in perceived strength these days or are we all just bored? I will guess the latter :D
[/quote]

Neither - it's the history of the two alliances ..... Specifically where treaties were involved.

As pointed out earlier in the thread - last treaty that bound these two was WUT. And VE leaving WUT eventually lead to [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Green_Civil_War"]disbandment[/url].

It's just a shocker.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1282621877' post='2428754']

[/quote]

Maybe so. But we'll never know for sure if we don't at least give the new GOONS leadership a chance.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1282625018' post='2428808']
Neither - it's the history of the two alliances ..... Specifically where treaties were involved.

As pointed out earlier in the thread - last treaty that bound these two was WUT. And VE leaving WUT eventually lead to [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Green_Civil_War"]disbandment[/url].

It's just a shocker.
[/quote]

And now there's a GOONS with completely different leadership and VE is being a generous alliance who's willing to give them a second chance.

Amazing isn't it?

Edited by WarriorConcept

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1282624263' post='2428795']
Also is funny that you avoided the first part of my post, I don't think you want war that hard after all. :laugh:
[/quote]
I only avoided it because it's like the stupidest thing ever to assume we'd start a war for no reason and risk political drama and losing allies over nothing.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1282624546' post='2428801']These are quite bold claims, I have to question your wisdom in making them. Our relationships with our allies are sound and our few "controversies" are always explainable and justifiable.[/quote]I did not comment on your relations with your allies, I commented on your image with two different groups of people and how I expected that image to influence any potential future relations with VE.

Edited by Fallen Fool

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1282626435' post='2428840']
I only avoided it because it's like the stupidest thing ever to assume we'd start a war for no reason and risk political drama and losing allies over nothing.
[/quote]

Hey, wasn't me who said that "[i]GOONS want to go to war if we had the chance.[/i]" sorry I should had read that as "We love to go to our but just if we were in better position than the other side."