Joint VE/GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1282867710' post='2432160']
I'm not the one who keep saying "We love war" or "if you think that then you deserve eternal war"... less talk and more action please.
[/quote]

Loving war and having a reason for it are two different things.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1282864528' post='2432123']
This "humiliating terms" rumor was started by RV and although it's been debunked hundreds of times, misinformed (or perhaps just mud-slinging) people like yourself like to repeat it anyway. Feel free to keep repeating it, because you're only hurting your own argument by making up things.

The last time an EoG got taken off the list, he was asked to write a letter to an unfunny comedian asking him to stop doing stand-up. If this is what you consider "too humiliating to try doing," maybe you deserve an eternal war. The point of our terms is to make sure you care enough about your nation that we can see a point to stopping the war. Because as GOONS we like to war and without good reason, we'll keep doing it.

By the way, we require our own members to do terms at least twice as difficult as those we give to anyone else when they screw up. Maybe you're overestimating this "too hard, too humiliating" thing. Tons of people come and go, and do the terms without worrying about it or complaining.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You're the one who initiates the tech raids nearly every single time (I doubt there are too many nations out there attacking GOONS). Your mercy board requires them to pretty much be your dancing monkey. Write an essay about triangles, make a picture in MS paint. There is no good reason new rulers should have to jump through hoops in order to get peace for a tech raid.

And no, this rumor was not started by me. It is not even a rumor. It was brought to public attention several months ago after you made it difficult for raid victims to get peace, and I've been making sure it stays in the public's eye ever since.

OOC: Sending a letter to a RL comedian has nothing to do with the game. That term crosses too many lines. I could care less how you try to justify yourself, requiring the harassing someone in the real world in order to get peace in CN simply is unacceptable.[/color]

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1282869247' post='2432178']
Seriously, I can't say that the new GOONS are as bad as people say they are.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]They are.

You sunk my battleship.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1282867710' post='2432160']
I'm not the one who keep saying "We love war" or "if you think that then you deserve eternal war"... less talk and more action please.
[/quote]

fighting words dawg\

We love war, but we don't go around attacking people for the hell of it (except the unalligned of course, but that's their own fault)

edit: [quote]OOC: Sending a letter to a RL comedian has nothing to do with the game. That term crosses too many lines. I could care less how you try to justify yourself, requiring the harassing someone in the real world in order to get peace in CN simply is unacceptable.[/quote]

ooc response: Neither does a beer review, which your own alliance quite happily agreed to just a couple of days ago. It's not exactly humiliating and requires literally 10 minutes of effort. In fact our terms affect you less in real life since we don't require you to drink an alcoholic beverage in order to fulfill the terms.

Edited by steviewonder

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282869363' post='2432182']
[color="#0000FF"]OOC: Sending a letter to a RL comedian has nothing to do with the game. That term crosses too many lines.[/color]
[/quote]

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

You do know the letter wasn't actually sent out, right? It was entirely a fun personal excercise... you know what, I shouldn't have to explain why this doesn't "cross too many lines." That's the weakest argument I've ever heard.
Instead of asking him for reps or continuing to attack him, we ask him to write a letter allowing him to voice his opinion on poor comedy, which he did happily. We're MONSTERS!

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1282861557' post='2432089']
Anything GOONS does will generate outrage and gnashing of teeth. We could cure cancer and someone would be pissed off. Actually, a lot of people.

"I am so disgusted. Just one more stunt to try to soften their image and make them a more tolerable alliance. Makes me sick. I'll be happy when they're gone."
[/quote]

Why do you think that is?

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1282864528' post='2432123']

The last time an EoG got taken off the list, he was asked to write a letter to an unfunny comedian asking him to stop doing stand-up. If this is what you consider "too humiliating to try doing," maybe you deserve an eternal war. The point of our terms is to make sure you care enough about your nation that we can see a point to stopping the war. Because as GOONS we like to war and without good reason, we'll keep doing it.

[/quote]

I think it's too humiliating.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1282869609' post='2432184']
VE, we should've tricked you guys into a drinking game based off how many pages of discussion this ODP would create. Then you'd all pass out and we could take over.
[/quote]
Sardonic, Lord of the Obsidian Entente

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1282870730' post='2432205']
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

You do know the letter wasn't actually sent out, right? It was entirely a fun personal excercise... you know what, I shouldn't have to explain why this doesn't "cross too many lines." That's the weakest argument I've ever heard.
Instead of asking him for reps or continuing to attack him, we ask him to write a letter allowing him to voice his opinion on poor comedy, which he did happily. We're MONSTERS!
[/quote]
Don't let facts interfere with his argument! I hear that in order to get out of tech raids from GOONS your victims have to send you videos of themselves torturing kittens.

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1282870730' post='2432205']
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]The fact of the matter remains that people should not have to struggle to get you to end a tech raid. It is quite telling of your alliance's character that you consider the alternative to humiliating oneself to end a war which GOONS started is reparations. Your alliance deserves to burn, and I eagerly await the day you disband again.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282872853' post='2432251']
[color="#0000FF"]The fact of the matter remains that people should not have to struggle to get you to end a tech raid. It is quite telling of your alliance's character that you consider the alternative to humiliating oneself to end a war which GOONS started is reparations. Your alliance deserves to burn, and I eagerly await the day you disband again.[/color]
[/quote]
The alternative to having them write a short essay is to [i]not peace out because we really want their tech[/i]. It's up to you which one you prefer.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1282874239' post='2432280']
The alternative to having them write a short essay is to [i]not peace out because we really want their tech[/i]. It's up to you which one you prefer.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]See, this complete lack of decency is exactly what is wrong with your alliance. Forcing new rulers to either humiliate themselves or be subjected to a war without end, and after having done nothing to deserve it, does not give them a good impression of this world. And I swear by God, one day your alliance will be pleading for mercy and its very existence, and on that day I will make sure this practice is stopped.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1282874239' post='2432280']
[/quote]

You are no better than GOONS of old.

I've always said Impero would have been better in the likes of a GOONS or GOD alliance -- I guess best he can do is treaty you.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282874718' post='2432294']
[color="#0000FF"]Forcing new rulers to either humiliate themselves or be subjected to a war without end[/color]
[/quote]
It's not war without end, it's a 7-day tech raid. Unless we're talking about an EoG, in which case they did something to require our attention.

[quote name='Biazt' timestamp='1282876678' post='2432337']
The irony of NSO complaining about evil tech raiding will never get old.
[/quote]

No ones complaining about tech raiding. It's about the absurd methods to find peace.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1282876333' post='2432332']
It's not war without end, it's a 7-day tech raid. Unless we're talking about an EoG, in which case they did something to require our attention.
[/quote]
You mean like.....fighting back? possibly.....winning?

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1282876333' post='2432332']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]
Dearest Sir or Madame,

I'm pretty sure GOONS would be happy to quickly re-declare on the target, and considering no one will accept a nation currently being raiding, their options are limited. I know your alliance well enough to know that you would never let them off.

And Biazt, there is a big difference between the NSO's raiding practices (in which very few of our members take part in) and GOONS (which virtually requires its members to raid). You're reaching awfully hard to even compare the two.

You sunk my battleship,
RV[/color]

BlkAK47_002, you obviously didn't grasp what I wrote so I'll ask you to read it again since you missed the point entirely.

RV, I'm not comparing the raiding policies of the two per se, just that the entire concept of NSO being an evil alliance hilariously falls apart when you object to simple tech raiding. Peace is a lie etc.

[quote name='Biazt' timestamp='1282877265' post='2432349']
BlkAK47_002, you obviously didn't grasp what I wrote so I'll ask you to read it again since you missed the point entirely.

RV, I'm not comparing the raiding policies of the two per se, just that the entire concept of NSO being an evil alliance hilariously falls apart when you object to simple tech raiding. Peace is a lie etc.
[/quote]

You obviously didn't grasp what RV wrote so I'll ask you to read it again since you missed the point entirely. The discussion is about the mannerism in which GOONS carries out the act. Not the act itself.