Joint VE/GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1282777701' post='2431257']
Yeah, all the EoG need to do is fulfill your requirements, one of them is the humiliating essays.

It's a good motto Iserlohn, but you need to pay me royalties if want to use that.
[/quote]

We paid you loyalties, but Grub spent it all :v:

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1282777443' post='2431249']
The EoG list is not a PZI list, the inhabitants have more than ample opportunities to get off of it.
[/quote]

In fact, we still have a famous incident of an EoG not only being let go but being allowed to join us. He is now an active contributing member.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1282776678' post='2431243']
I don't think that GOONS is nicer just less worse what is different, at least for me, but I agree that you're more diplomatic, well Sardonic is more diplomatic than the old leadership, what is a smart thing to do [b]otherwise you could have a short life in cyberverse[/b]. Also I agree that's enough ammo to dislike the new GOONS: Pro Piracy Act, Hiring raids, raiding alliances, EoG list(PZI), humiliating enemies asking them to write essays... See? May be less worse then old GOONS but still full of stupid moves nonetheless.
[/quote]
The part that I bolded, is the main reason I dislike being compared to Neutral Shoving. That was an alliance that, due to its leadership, was doomed to die. I refuse to believe that this GOONS will be doomed in the same way. At least not while we have Sardonic at the helm and a government of capable and rational people.

Disagree our policies and actions as much as you like, I welcome the debate, but comparing us to Neutral Shoving is like telling us we're already dead.

( And to pre-empt RV, yes I know that's what you've been saying from the beginning, but I'm fairly certain D34th is not so much a doomsayer as you )

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1282778686' post='2431282']
The part that I bolded, is the main reason I dislike being compared to Neutral Shoving. That was an alliance that, due to its leadership, was doomed to die. [b]I refuse to believe that this GOONS will be doomed in the same way. At least not while we have Sardonic at the helm and a government of capable and rational people.[/b]

Disagree our policies and actions as much as you like, I welcome the debate, but comparing us to Neutral Shoving is like telling us we're already dead.

( And to pre-empt RV, yes I know that's what you've been saying from the beginning, but I'm fairly certain D34th is not so much a doomsayer as you )
[/quote]

I agree with you, and just to be clear I don't want to see GOONS die since I like opposition, that however doesn't mean that I don't think that in the end GOONS will commit mistakes(different ones but based in the same behavior) that will put your alliance and your allies in trouble.

Edited by D34th

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1282773233' post='2431205']
The old GOONS doesn't hosted shark week just one year after they came to cyberverse too. . . .
[/quote]

Neutral Shoving: [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Goon_Order_of_Neutral_Shoving"]Founded[/url] July 24, 2006
Shark Week [url=http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/index.php?showtopic=70449]begins[/url]: May 26, 2007

That looks like 10 months to me, so I guess we are overdue...?

(And I will go on the record to say that I thought then -- even as I was in NpO :v: -- and still do think that Shark Week was the Best Thing Ever(tm) and if that makes me immoral scum then so be it.)

[quote name='Louisa' timestamp='1282779207' post='2431296']
Neutral Shoving: [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Goon_Order_of_Neutral_Shoving"]Founded[/url] July 24, 2006
Shark Week [url=http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/index.php?showtopic=70449]begins[/url]: May 26, 2007

That looks like 10 months to me, so I guess we are overdue...?

(And I will go on the record to say that I thought then -- even as I was in NpO :v: -- and still do think that Shark Week was the Best Thing Ever(tm) and if that makes me immoral scum then so be it.)
[/quote]

It thought it was longer than that, my mistake.

[quote name='Louisa' timestamp='1282779207' post='2431296']
[/quote]

Shark week was the shiiat. Forums are meant to be a scary thing to post on anyways. I don't think that makes you immoral, but a realist.

[quote name='Tungsten' timestamp='1282787253' post='2431406']
[img]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/possumpants/4chanb/ThisThreadDelivers.jpg?1282787222[/img]

Seriously, VE/GOONS for best ODP of 2010.
[/quote]

Totally. This got an even bigger response (ooc: replies) than \m/ announcing its attacktorate.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1282773233' post='2431205']
This is the best you can do? Try harder next time.
[/quote]
Why would I?

I never been in an alliance that would view ODP's as defense only IF the ally isn't on losing side. And I've tried a few.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1282779692' post='2431305']
It thought it was longer than that, my mistake.
[/quote]
So now that this factual inaccuracy has been cleared up, can we expect a change in your position or is it going to be business as usual?

(it's going to be business as usual isn't it)

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1282779031' post='2431291']
I agree with you, and just to be clear I don't want to see GOONS die since I like opposition, that however doesn't mean that I don't think that in the end GOONS will commit mistakes(different ones but based in the same behavior) that will put your alliance and your allies in trouble.
[/quote]

So let me get this right. One day, an alliance will commit an error or errors that will lead to its downfall. Sweet Jesus we have a soothsayer here. Please leave the predictions to RV, at least his are entertaining and not just standard SOP for any alliance.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1282839750' post='2431795']
Seriously how on earth has this topic generated [b]20 pages[/b]. It's a damn ODP.
[/quote]
Welcome to the GOONS Family

Seriously how on earth has this topic generated [b]20 pages[/b]. It's a damn ODP.
[/quote]

Anything GOONS does will generate outrage and gnashing of teeth. We could cure cancer and someone would be pissed off. Actually, a lot of people.

"I am so disgusted. Just one more stunt to try to soften their image and make them a more tolerable alliance. Makes me sick. I'll be happy when they're gone."

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1282861557' post='2432089']
Anything GOONS does will generate outrage and gnashing of teeth. We could cure cancer and someone would be pissed off. Actually, a lot of people.

"I am so disgusted. Just one more stunt to try to soften their image and make them a more tolerable alliance. Makes me sick. I'll be happy when they're gone."
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I think you give yourself far too much credit. I could care less about the treaty, and you signing it has upset no one. Least of all myself. I merely see this as the perfect opportunity to point out the failings of both alliances involved.

Also, GOONS has done nothing to redeem itself. Everything you have done only reinforces the image you have. Pro-Piracy Act, EoG List, forcing raid victims to humiliate themselves for peace (I fail to see why "PM for peace" is too lenient for a tech raid you initiate). Your alliance is scum. Plain and simple. Try and deny it all you want, but no one is fooled. Some may be willing to turn and look the other way, but only because it is useful for them to have a hired thug running around for them. Truth be told, your alliance is disgusting.

You sunk my battleship.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282861875' post='2432091']
[color="#0000FF"]I think you give yourself far too much credit. I could care less about the treaty, and you signing it has upset no one. Least of all myself.[/color][/quote]

These were the words where I actually thought "Hey, this guy's making sense. I can sort of agree with him."

Then I read the rest of your post and realized you're still as completely out of touch with reality as usual. Should I be relieved or disappointed?

Edited by Dr Beefstupid

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282861875' post='2432091']
[color="#0000FF"]I think you give yourself far too much credit. I could care less about the treaty, and you signing it has upset no one. Least of all myself. I merely see this as the perfect opportunity to point out the failings of both alliances involved.

Also, GOONS has done nothing to redeem itself. Everything you have done only reinforces the image you have. Pro-Piracy Act, EoG List, forcing raid victims to humiliate themselves for peace (I fail to see why "PM for peace" is too lenient for a tech raid you initiate). Your alliance is scum. Plain and simple. Try and deny it all you want, but no one is fooled. Some may be willing to turn and look the other way, but only because it is useful for them to have a hired thug running around for them. Truth be told, your alliance is disgusting.

You sunk my battleship.[/color]
[/quote]
RV, you know flattery will get you nowhere. :ehm:

Got bad news GOONS. You're gonna make mistakes.

[/quote]

That's just how exciting things are around here. <_< Good stuff...

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1282777701' post='2431257']
Yeah, all the EoG need to do is fulfill your requirements, one of them is the humiliating essays.[/quote]
This "humiliating terms" rumor was started by RV and although it's been debunked hundreds of times, misinformed (or perhaps just mud-slinging) people like yourself like to repeat it anyway. Feel free to keep repeating it, because you're only hurting your own argument by making up things.

The last time an EoG got taken off the list, he was asked to write a letter to an unfunny comedian asking him to stop doing stand-up. If this is what you consider "too humiliating to try doing," maybe you deserve an eternal war. The point of our terms is to make sure you care enough about your nation that we can see a point to stopping the war. Because as GOONS we like to war and without good reason, we'll keep doing it.

By the way, we require our own members to do terms at least twice as difficult as those we give to anyone else when they screw up. Maybe you're overestimating this "too hard, too humiliating" thing. Tons of people come and go, and do the terms without worrying about it or complaining.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1282864528' post='2432123']
This "humiliating terms" rumor was started by RV and although it's been debunked hundreds of times, misinformed (or perhaps just mud-slinging) people like yourself like to repeat it anyway. Feel free to keep repeating it, because you're only hurting your own argument by making up things.

The last time an EoG got taken off the list, he was asked to write a letter to an unfunny comedian asking him to stop doing stand-up. If this is what you consider "too humiliating to try doing," maybe you deserve an eternal war. The point of our terms is to make sure you care enough about your nation that we can see a point to stopping the war. Because as GOONS we like to [s]war [/s] beat unprotected and small nations and without good reason, we'll keep doing it.

By the way, we require our own members to do terms at least twice as difficult as those we give to anyone else when they screw up. Maybe you're overestimating this "too hard, too humiliating" thing. Tons of people come and go, and do the terms without worrying about it or complaining.
[/quote]

Fixed for you.

My bad, it's not humiliating essays, it's humiliating letters. And about me deserving eternal war, my nation link is in my sig ;)

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1282866984' post='2432152']
My bad, it's not humiliating essays, it's humiliating letters. And about me deserving eternal war, my nation link is in my sig ;)
[/quote]
I don't know if you just have the worst war baiting attempts I've ever seen or what. You keep saying things like this as if people would just go to war for petty things.

But if we go to war with you guys we'll make sure not to give you any terms since that would be humiliating.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1282867336' post='2432154']
I don't know if you just have the worst war baiting attempts I've ever seen or what. You keep saying things like this as if people would just go to war for petty things.

But if we go to war with you guys we'll make sure not to give you any terms since that would be humiliating.
[/quote]

I'm not the one who keep saying "We love war" or "if you think that then you deserve eternal war"... less talk and more action please.