Calling out bad formating in posts

Lord Strider

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Hey guys! Look at me!

Yeah, that's right! Comic Sans!

At first I was gonna use "[font="Impact"]Impact[font="Comic Sans MS"]" for the impact, but then I went with "Comic Sans" for the comic effect.[/font][/font]
[/font]

[quote name='LJ Scott' timestamp='1282253767' post='2423482']

At first I was gonna use "[font="Impact"]Impact[font="Comic Sans MS"]" for the impact, but then I went with "Comic Sans" for the comic effect.[/font][/font][/font][/quote]

This post fills me with rage. This is even more worthy of an ignore list than yellow text.

[url="http://m.assetbar.com/achewood/uuad4vm7n"]This[/url] is relevant (disclaimer: strong profanity).

[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1282232123' post='2423147']
When I have to highlight your post to read it there is a problem.
[/quote]

Feel free to ignore posts like that. If someone feels the need to spruce up their text to draw more attention to it, chances are they're compensating for the fact that it's not very interesting to begin with. I speak from experience.

[quote name='Moridin' timestamp='1282255348' post='2423505']
This post fills me with rage. This is even more worthy of an ignore list than yellow text.

[url="http://m.assetbar.com/achewood/uuad4vm7n"]This[/url] is relevant (disclaimer: strong profanity).
[/quote]
I lol'd. Nice comic.

[quote name='LJ Scott' timestamp='1282253767' post='2423482']

At first I was gonna use "[font="Impact"]Impact[font="Comic Sans MS"]" for the impact, but then I went with "Comic Sans" for the comic effect.[/font][/font]
[/font]
[/quote]
While this does not offend my senses it does fill me with a sense of horror...
What will the op do to his children once he sees this?

No but seriously, use color all you want just try to keep it in the visible spectrum.

This is a memo to all of you people out there that think changing you post format is the new hip thing to do. It is not ok. [size="6"]It makes me want to abuse my children when I come across one of your posts.[/size] Please have respect for other people on these forums and not attempt to be unique, if have that much of an identity crisis go get a tattoo or something. When I have to highlight your post to read it there is a problem. Thank you and have a good day.

LS
[/quote]

I bEt YoU'RE gOiNg tO fEEl rEAlLy cOoL wHeN yOU tELL thEiR mOtHEr tHaT yOu AbUsED hER bABiES bEcAuSE A pOST oN tHe iNtErNeT mADe YoU rAGE.

:awesome:

[quote name='Vaal Satori' timestamp='1282256767' post='2423532']
Feel free to ignore posts like that. If someone feels the need to spruce up their text to draw more attention to it, chances are they're compensating for the fact that it's not very interesting to begin with. I speak from experience.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]This guy more or less sums up my thoughts on this matter. Well said.

For the rest of you, don't alter your formatting to get responses. Just be less boring.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282321484' post='2424605']
[color="#0000FF"]For the rest of you, don't alter your formatting to get responses. Just be less boring.[/color]
[/quote]

This is coming from the king of colored posts, people. Please be less boring.

[quote name='hawk_11' timestamp='1282321827' post='2424614']
This is coming from the king of colored posts, people. Please be less boring.
[/quote]

RV's posts are readable, font wise. Posts that require the reader to highlight them, are like the poster being "pay per view". So not worth it, no one is that interesting.

[quote name='Randleman' timestamp='1282241960' post='2423295']
You mean Yellow fonts?! I guess that's why yellow makes me sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhlWddAXSRA
[/quote]

you know what makes ME sad? YOU do, you jackwagon! LMAO!

edit: on topic, i vote that using formatted text on alliance forums is a valid CB

Edited by Gn0xious Jr

[quote name='Shakira' timestamp='1282246433' post='2423374']
[b][color="#FF0000"]I like the red, it matches my sig and avatar.[/color][/b] :awesome:
[/quote]
You should use hot pink. If yellow got on their nerves just imagine how that will. Unreadable + pink. Their rage will never cease.

This is a memo to all of you people out there that think changing you post format is the new hip thing to do. It is not ok. [b]It makes me want to abuse my children when I come across one of your posts.[/b] Please have respect for other people on these forums and not attempt to be unique, if have that much of an identity crisis go get a tattoo or something. When I have to highlight your post to read it there is a problem. Thank you and have a good day.

LS
[/quote]

Wait, really? That seems... :unsure: