Who are you? No, dude, really, who are you?

Kzoppistan

[center][img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q17/otingocni/Chartcopy.jpg[/img]

[b][size="4"]Greetings Planet Bob[/size][/b][/center]

I present to you this simple graph for your amusement and in order for you to further stereotypicalize your fellow denizens and even yourself.

Many scales qualifying and quantifying behavior have been made and put forth for your viewing before, maybe one just like this one, but none of those were constructed by me, which makes mine better and more effective in its applicability.

Quite easy-to-use, two scales ranking -10 to +10 positioned on the poles of x and y. Some of you more astute viewers may note that instead of 10 there are actually only 5 lines on either side of the divides and go on to deduce that these lines are in increments of 2. This is correct and in no way indicative of my lousy graph making skills.

A combination of the two points will create a variety of characters familiar to our landscape.

To examine the extremity of the ends on the y axis:

[u][b]Serious Business:[/b][/u] At top, we have the driest of the dry; they make crackers want a sip of water. Scholarly and analytical, they wouldn't know a joke if it hit them over the head, [i]a la[/i] 3 Stooges. You can often recruit these folks into drafting your treaties and e-lawerying your charter.

[u][b]Lols[/b][/u]: These folks are the life of the party, or at least think they are. Irreverent and playful, they can be counted on to make good propaganda or lampoon others. It is often difficult to get them shaped up enough to get serious minded to Do Business. Also, hur dur.

And the x axis:

[u][b]Altruistic:[/b][/u] Kind, compassionate, and sacrificial, these are the good souls of the planet. The force of light. At best, the are your best friends, givers of their time and attention. Often the glue that keeps alliances together. At worst, idealistic and naive.

[u][b]Malevolent:[/b][/u] Welcome to the dark side, you !@#$@#$ !@#$%^&*. Cruel. Vicious. Unforgiving and Selfish. These evil freaks of nature want nothing more than to crush your nation and drink your tears. Perhaps they have a point, what's the purpose of power if it's not to bash in the skulls of your enemies, eh?

[center]o oO_________________________________Oo o[/center]

Taking it to the extreme, let's look at some familiar characters:

[b]The White Knight[/b]: [i]y[/i] +10, [i]x[/i] +10. These moralistic crusaders champion their causes with the fervor of a bleeding heart fanatic. Often well intentioned and good spirited, unfortunately, they can be just as bothersome as their counterpart do to the sheer volume of posts and narrow-mindedness. Meddlesome and idealistic, nevertheless, you can count on them to [i]try[/i] to do the right thing.

[b]The Troll[/b] (can I say that here?): [i]y[/i] -10, [i]x[/i] -10. Dun Dun DUN. You know 'em, you hate 'em. Their whole purpose in life is to bring you misery in the most humorous way possible. They disregard any use of logic and mock any attempts to explain a situation in an evenhanded manner. The counterpart to the White Knight, put those two in the same room and watch out for the explosion.

[b]The Black Knight[/b]: [i]y[/i] +10, [i]x[/i] -10. Look out, dude! This guy will !@#$@#$ murder every member of your entire family if you cross him. He does not joke. At the height of power, they are the intriguers and backstabbers, often citing some over-intellectualize doctrine of bullcrap. The weakest of them, while evil, are nothing more than barking dogs.

[b]The Jester[/b]: [i]y[/i] -10, [i]x[/i] +10. This friendly chap just wants to spread the joy. They revel in the laughter of children and enjoy good-natured jokes of all kinds. In top form they are uproariously funny, though they often muck up the works of business with distractions.

Those are only the extremities, many kinds of people can be devised using these points on the chart. I'll leave their creation up to you, dear reader.

It's important to note that few people a strictly reside on one point but rather travel an expanse of points. Only the most emotionally shallow people have the [i]range[/i] of a point or two. For example, I'll provide my own statistics:

[center][img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q17/otingocni/Chartcopyme.jpg[/img][/center]

[b]Mr. Otingocni of Kzoppistan[/b]: [i]y[/i] -2, [i]x[/i] +3. As you can see here, while on the whole I feel a general love for our fellow man and greatly enjoy a good chuckle, I do on occasion still my mind for more studious forays into the realm of intellectualism and have been known to throw a taunt or two. What? You disagree? Then you'll die tonight by my assassins, fool! Er, what I meant to say, is that I must disagree, though I still respect your opinion.

[center]So where do you stand, members of Planet Bob?[/center]

[b]Notes[/b]: I tried putting graph into the 3rd diminsion by adding a pole delineating the characteristics of Order and Chaos striking through the center, but my photoshop program utterly failed at handling my grand vision. *coughs*

I was also sorely tempted to put popular alliances leaders and well known characters here :ehm: , but I'll leave the lampooning business open for others. Go ahead, shoot someone with your arrow of wit.

Edited by Kzoppistan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[url="http://img811.imageshack.us/i/chartcopy.jpg/"][img]http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9480/chartcopy.jpg[/img][/url]

I don't usually make long posts and my "fervor" has died a bit over the past year but I'm still definitely in the first quadrant.

Edited by kulomascovia

[b]Jarkko Salomäki of Uralica[/b]: [i]y[/i]+2,[i]x[/i]+8 - while I try to be the best person I can be, I'm not exactly perfect. :P I am prone to naivete at times, admittedly, but I always mean well... well, almost always. Sometimes I just can't abide someone and I'll start rubbing something in their face that they've done (read "someone" as DRDavid Banner or the like).

Another downside is that if I feel someone has wronged me, I'll start being irrational about it and likely go off on them, although I'm getting better at this because I've been working on it harder since the Menotah affair.

In the case of srs bzns vs. lulz, I know there's a time and place for both, but I tend more towards the serious side of things.

This would be better with some questions that would plot your position for you. As it is I lean lols-altruistic, but in the spirit of lols I could say srs business always and forever.

Also you plotted yourself at x=3 according to the scale on your graph. Needs an accurate spread of rulers to really get a feel for where I belong on the scales.

[quote name='Scorn' timestamp='1281908616' post='2417004']
This would be better with some questions that would plot your position for you. [/quote]

Excellent suggestion! Now if only I had some minions to that for me. Or any ingenious volunteer could probably do it.

Also you plotted yourself at x=3 according to the scale on your graph.
[/quote]

I have been engage in life or death guerrilla warfare with math for some time now.

Needs an accurate spread of rulers to really get a feel for where I belong on the scales.
[/quote] Another good suggestion.

[b]LegendoftheSkies of Cumulon:[/b] y-6 x-2, I used to be a bit more on the srs business side of things I suppose, but I've since loosened up a lot. This is a game and I play it as such. Nothing really matters, and there are no real consequences for your actions aside from maybe losing some pixels, so why not mess around and have fun? I'd say I'm a bit more on the malevolent side since I tend to take the side of the raiders and I like to hang around with the likes of \m/ and GOONS a lot. I can't really be bothered to do much hard trolling (I'm actually usually pretty tame on the forums) or even raiding myself though, so I wouldn't put myself too far into that spectrum.

Like this idea...if you get really into this, you should add a quiz that goes with it.

[IMG]http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg414/salovskyj/Chartcopy.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Caleb279

[quote name='Scorn' timestamp='1281908616' post='2417004']Needs an accurate spread of rulers to really get a feel for where I belong on the scales.
[/quote]

I haven't seen AlmightyGrub around for a bit, so I hope I'm relatively safe with this one. *looks around*. This might be a good benchmark.

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q17/otingocni/grub.jpg[/img]

While what happened in the last war may constitute perhaps one of the greatest jokes on TOP ever by NpO, I suspect Grub is particularly Srs Bsns. Also, I haven't ever seen him deviate from his script much. While NpO seem reasonably well intentioned, I don't think Grub (if he was still in power) would hesitate to crush any serious obstacle should the opportunity arise.

*Edit: If I can think of some of the other leaders as easily graphed, I'll try to put them up.
---

Also, great responses, fellas.

Edited by Kzoppistan

Nice it looks like the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Managerial_grid_model"]Managerial grid model[/url] that we use in Management.

I'd say I'm Y = +7 and X = 0

Since I'm a serious business person but not too serious and neutral because I'm neither altruistic or malevolent but have some characteristics of both.

Pretty cool dude!

This is me in the realm of CyberNations:

[IMG]http://imgur.com/Ap8O7.jpg[/IMG]
I'm extremely lulzy in-game (almost all of the time), and I raid, which pushes me over to the malevolent side. I'm never downright mean though.

And this is me in life:

[IMG]http://imgur.com/i1ni3.jpg[/IMG]

I take life seriously, but I laugh a !@#$load with my friends. I'm hardly ever mean at all, unless it's towards my friends or someone being a !@#$%. (My friends because they obviously know I'm joking.)

[quote name='Vladimir' timestamp='1281910958' post='2417047']
Would have been better if there had been attempts to classify the major players rather than leaving them to define themselves. The ensuing complaints would have satisfied your -2 points of 'lolz'.
[/quote]

Do it for us, then we can complain about the classification that you made ^_^

[quote name='Vladimir' timestamp='1281910958' post='2417047']
Would have been better if there had been attempts to classify the major players rather than leaving them to define themselves. The ensuing complaints would have satisfied your -2 points of 'lolz'.
[/quote]

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q17/otingocni/vlad.jpg[/img]

[b]Vladimir of Soviestan:[/b] x -8, y +4

:smug:

----

Also, LittleRena, lol, perfect

Nifty chart but the ability to put ourselves where we please will result in a lot of people claiming to be -10,-10; 10, -10; etc. And doesn't this essentially boil down to chaotic/neutral/lawful + evil/neutral/good alignment?

edit: Is that the font from Hitman 2?

Edited by Chief Savage Man

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1281910366' post='2417037']
0 on the srs bsns/lulz scale, +9 on the altruistic/malevolent scale. My actions tend to be of the 'serious, staid' variety...my words, not so much.
[/quote]

This for me too. We are clones. :ph34r:

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1281914081' post='2417113']
Nifty chart but the ability to put ourselves where we please will result in a lot of people claiming to be -10,-10; 10, -10; etc.
[/quote]
Worry not my friend. I've already started working on questions to justify my ten in serious business.

Nifty chart but the ability to put ourselves where we please will result in a lot of people claiming to be -10,-10; 10, -10; etc.[/quote]

Meh, let 'em. We can laugh at their delusions if they're wrong.

And doesn't this essentially boil down to chaotic/neutral/lawful + evil/neutral/good alignment?
[/quote]

I see the similarities, but it's not an exact match (in fact, I'd like to put int a Chaos to Law/Order 3rd pole in it, but couldn't get the perspective right. <_< ). Evil and good, yes, pretty much. The y axis, not so much.

edit: Is that the font from Hitman 2?
[/quote]

It is Copperplate Gothic Bold.

Feel free to put your stats up there, Chief? Or someone else's?

[quote name='Opethian' timestamp='1281913862' post='2417104']
Does the fact that I'm a "monger of lulz" have any effect on my placement on that chart? ;)
[/quote]

[s]Does a snake drag it's $@!?[/s]

That's what I get for getting my jokes off the internet,

Does the Pope wear a funny hat?

Edited by Kzoppistan