In Response to Recent Drama

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1281335401' post='2406896']
Yes because we not wanting our allies getting stomped makes us such terrible allies. Get the $%&@ out.
[/quote]

what makes you such terrible allies is not telling GATO about the situation to begin with.... i do believe you have an INTELLIGENCE clause in that old canceled MDP of yours.... either way... GATO had MANY darned good reasons to cancel on NSO...

ESPECIALLY since NSO basically funded a one man war against Rok/Rok protectorates...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1281334905' post='2406853']
People who don't want to be dragged into a war with which they do not agree in order to look "honorable".

If you want to have your alliance rolled for "honor" be my guest. But please, don't assume everyone is willing to go into war to defend something with which they do not agree.
[/quote]
My alliance was rolled for honor. Read up on your CN history. Most of USN was destroyed during GATO-1V when we declared on STA for CSN. We might not have believed in the war, but we believe in our treaty and our allies. GATO clearly believes in neither, and that's where the honor comes in. NSO said "stay out" so the treaty is canceled? amidoinitrite?

Edit: spelling

Edited by rodrod

This is just. . . bad. I mean, if you wanted to cancel on NSO, fine, but at least wait until they are out of the bloody war. Take a beating, honor the treaty, and then cancel on it to show your displeasure.

[quote name='rodrod' timestamp='1281335680' post='2406909']
My alliance was rolled for honor. Read up on your CN history. Most of USN was destroyed during GATO-1V when we declared on STA for CSN. We might not have believe in the war, but we believe in our treaty and our allies. GATO clearly believes in neither, and that's where the honor comes in. NSO said "stay out" so the treaty is canceled? amidoinitrite?
[/quote]

NSO said nothing. That's why the treaty was canceled.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1281335518' post='2406902']
GATO is cancelling this treaty for nothing else then a perceived error in NSO's judgement on how serious the issue was. What does GATO expect, NSO to be right about everything all the time? Thats maybe a little too much.
[/quote]

Well, I don't think that's why GATO canceled on NSO. As someone previously said, GATO gov. probably didn't think of Article II of the GATO-NSO treaty when they were notified, they probably thought should we have to defend them? And they probably said no, as would any reasonable alliance. While I commend GATO for choosing the most reasonable path, I do find it petty that they're using a technicality to make their cancellation acceptable to others.

My alliance was rolled for honor. Read up on your CN history. Most of USN was destroyed during GATO-1V when we declared on STA for CSN. We might not have believe in the war, but we believe in our treaty and our allies. GATO clearly believes in neither, and that's where the honor comes in. NSO said "stay out" so the treaty is canceled? amidoinitrite?
[/quote]

Our sacrifices back in USN mean nothing to them, don't worry. That's why they're taking such an ironic stance.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281335465' post='2406901']
Unfortunately no, Heft was already on and just chilling. He never once said anything to me.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Actually Heft was barely on for a few hours. He explain that to me while I was talking to him earlier in the day. He was busy with several errands and had no time to talk. So it came to me to inform you when I got on.

Of course, I'm going to have to have him answer for that. I'm sure he can explain better than I, and since we're working on technicalities here God only knows what irrelevant point you are trying to spin.

Anyway, I must be getting off for the night. I made an effort to wait for you to respond since Lord knows I wouldn't want to violate our treaty by keeping you out of the loop. Heaven forbid![/color]

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281332243' post='2406669']
No, we're considering the treaty void because someone decided to commit an act of war and not even think to inform their allies. Spin it how you want to though Baldr.

I hope this is sarcasm, because you're making no sense right now.
[/quote]
Well, considering most of the involved parties were unaware until after you were informed by a third party, you really don't have much right to complain about us going to you before we became aware of the situation ourselves.

But I guess thats just my take on the situation.

Edited by Chron

[/quote]

I don't think you read my post. I said you may want to be rolled for honor but don't assume everyone does. And congrats on getting most of your alliance destroyed for "honor" I'm sure you'll reach great places with such a mentality.

[quote name='ConeBone69' timestamp='1281335341' post='2406890']
Get off your high horse, you essentially called me dumb by saying I have a lack of reading comprehension.

I really don't think you understand. RV informed you guys, Omni has confirmed that. So when I say that you guys were informed, that is fact. You and everything I'm point out that you said, is wrong.
[/quote]

I apologize then. It was not my intention to insinuate that you are dumb. If I did so, then I was incorrect in my actions. Once again, I apologize.

Omni was informed when he went to the NSO and asked. NSO government members were online before then, and NSO government members who could have easily informed us at that. Specifically, Heft. He was on IRC and could have informed us before hand. When Omni asked about what was going on was RoK, his answer was "lol." So, ya, you're totally right, we were informed. We were informed by other alliances (not the NSO) and the NSO did not take the time to come to us and let us know.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1281335139' post='2406877']
"Sanctioned" against NSO's Law. Exactly two people hold a rank higher than the person in question. Neither one has rescinded our policy. Our policy stands, that decision should never have been made. (Policy being admitting the nation but letting them sort out their own problems with no NSO aid).

You're just as reaching as ever CGB :wub:
[/quote]
You aided a noob you admitted into LoSS while he was going rogue on Electron Sponge's little alliance last summer. That was why we kicked you out of LoSS gov.

Reach for that :laugh:

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281335788' post='2406912']
[/quote]
NSO stated that they "said something" Just because you didn't have "enough time" dosen't mean anything. They told you to stay out of it ffs. You're just not wanting to go down them. That's your choice, but it's a !@#$%* one, why don't you just say it? You don't want to put your pixels with NSO so you're canceling the treaty. It dosen't have anything to do with being notified.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1281335422' post='2406899']
There is no chance of GATO and LoSS cancel their treaty since with the current FA strategy of both alliances they will be always at the same side, the bigger one.
[/quote]

Your cute! <3

Please beat another drum already....

[/quote]

You have to realize that the guys planning an attack would know what's going to happen before NSO, right?

Now look at your allies, where you've chosen to make most of your friends, and the sides you picked in previous wars. Of course you heard it from their side first. And don't say you heard nothing from NSO.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1281334461' post='2406813']
I just don't agree with you there. However, I looked it up, I can't comment on other alliance's treaties, but since your directing your comments towards Roadie, a member of The Phoenix Federation...
[/quote]
It's directed towards all of NSO's allies that aren't barred from entering do to reparations. Roadie just responded to my comment.

[quote]Admit it, you just want a big war, and that would require NSO's allies coming in. NSO doesn't want to oblige your wish and bring in their friends. Thats their decision, and its admirable.

[/quote]
Not really. I mean, I could care less. If NoR wants our help, we'll aid them in any way possible. No, I find the moves of FS and LUA admirable not sacrificing your pixels for your brothers.

[quote]
Actually, I believe they did request help, however help was slow to arrive due to difficulties in planning the intricate strategy which would have been deployed.
[/quote]

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1281334203' post='2406798']
Yes. Another stupid war that wasn't worthy of becoming a real one.

Thank you.
[/quote]

Sorry, for the other notification, Roadie. Please take another Stone as an apology.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281335465' post='2406901']
Unfortunately no, Heft was already on and just chilling. He never once said anything to me.
Just think, informing us NSO and RoK had a problem would have taken less than six hours!!!
[/quote]
If I were you I would wait until Lintwad got on and talk leader to leader. You are being commanded by your other treaty partners.
You are voiding to save yourself and trying to paint NSO as the treaty breaker. Its been pointed out already how wrong you are.
Why do you want to go down this road of being a follower? A Sparta. A pawn in other alliances manipulations. You're weak.

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Hey, Omni, do I have to pull up those hours upon hours of logs of you, me, and Lint just talking about this? Because, now correct me if I'm wrong, once we were available we told you everything. I mean everything. Our wars plans and our strategy and stuff that didn't even affect you because we insisted on waiving the treaty. How can you honestly say we told you nothing? You know this is a lie and so I.

Also, I'm really going to go to sleep now. Just keeping you in the loop Ally.[/color]

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1281335851' post='2406918']
Well, considering most of the involved parties were unaware until after you were informed by a third party, you really don't have much right to complain about us going to you before we became aware of the situation ourselves.

But I guess thats just my take on the situation.
[/quote]

Heft was un-aware he sent aid to the rogue? What's going on there?