In Response to Recent Drama

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1281339877' post='2407090']
*~cOnSpIrAcY*~

Probably poor timing by GATO, and an odd reasoning for the OP, but considering the NSO specifically asked its allies not to defend it, it's not much of an issue.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]True, it is not much of an issue. And had Omni not taken the time to blatantly lie about us I'd be happy to move on. But his lying and smearing of us I will not tolerate.[/color]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Masterchief777' timestamp='1281340157' post='2407104']
GATO was no even gonna be going into a flamming ball with NSO, they requested that no allies intervene so GATO is doing this not to save our skins our anything like; as I said i have no problem sacrificing pixels for GATO and her allies but when an "ally" breaks a treaty then that is an entirely different story
[/quote]
What about not informing an ally of an imminent threat of curbstomp?

Sounds more like a breaking of the treaty than people needing sleep. Maybe GATO just wanted to do what they could to help ensure that as many people could get the drop on us as they could?

Edited by Chron

[quote name='the masheen' timestamp='1281340036' post='2407099']
GATO, quit dodging THAT question:

Why didn't you guys inform NSO that you had heard they we're going to be rolled? The way you've been avoiding the question leads me to believe you have no answer, which is quite pathetic because that would seem like NSO had more a right to cancel the treaty with you.
[/quote]

As soon as I heard what as going on I went directly to NSO asking why we were not informed.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1281340210' post='2407105']
[color="#0000FF"]True, it is not much of an issue. And had Omni not taken the time to blatantly lie about us I'd be happy to move on. But his lying and smearing of us I will not tolerate.[/color]
[/quote]

Here we go with the lying !@#$%^&* again. So make up your mind RV, were we told or did Heft go to bed and not think twice about the allies he was leaving out to dry? Your story is becoming confusing.

Damn, who would of thought so many people would get drawn into a game all because of an internal conflict between two Nations of a little alliance.

The Preventable Betrayal of a Friend escalates into a 5 VS 1 War with the 1 losing an Ally cause of a Technicality.

You were my friend before this Omni, and GATO had my respect, but since you stamped your name of approval onto this, and GATO has put it's tail between it's legs despite not even being asked to help, I cant say either of the two points I mentioned are true anymore.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1281340299' post='2407107']
What about not informing an ally of an imminent threat of curbstomp?

Sounds more like a breaking of the treaty than people needing sleep. Maybe GATO just wanted to do what they could to help ensure that as many people could get the drop on us as they could?
[/quote]
Of course our allies told us what was gonna happen, we tried informing NSO but at the time it seemed NSO didn't give !@#$, When Omni finally got a chance to tell NSO, a few of you dropped to peace mode That's why RoK DoWed in the middle of the day.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281340453' post='2407111']
Here we go with the lying !@#$%^&* again. So make up your mind RV, were we told or did Heft go to bed and not think twice about the allies he was leaving out to dry? Your story is becoming confusing.
[/quote]
He never contradicted himself.

We've all been pretty continuously saying that you were not told, because they were tired and thought it wasnt such a big deal that you needed to be informed. I mean, he never even said otherwise in what you just quoted from him.

Whereas you, on the other hand, have changed stances between us not telling you anything, us telling you late because we're mean bad people who bullied poor GATO, and apparently now some kind of imaginary PM from heft, which, if it had existed, completely renders your justification for this cancellation a hollow joke.

It's just funny that the only one harping on the existence of such a PM is you, and no one else.

[quote name='Masterchief777' timestamp='1281340623' post='2407118']
Of course our allies told us what was gonna happen, we tried informing NSO but at the time it seemed NSO didn't give !@#$, When Omni finally got a chance to tell NSO, a few of you dropped to peace mode That's why RoK DoWed in the middle of the day.
[/quote]
Who exactly did you tell?

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281340453' post='2407111']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh, I love the spin at the end of that second one. Yeah, he went to bed. And no, it did not cross your mind. I really do hate to turn this into a discussion on the effects of sleep deprivation, but quite frankly an extremely tired person is barely as cognate as a drunk. Heft cannot be faulted for not telling you immediately. None of us can. We're human beings for Christ's sake.

Furthermore, as Chron said, Heft did not take Hoo's threats of war seriously. In fact, all of us had a feeling it would be resolved later that day, and without further incident. So we say no reason to tell anyone yet since as far as we knew it was just a typical diplomatic squabble with little chance of war happening over it. As soon as we found out otherwise we went straight to you. What more can you possibly ask for?[/color]

This entire war will do nothing but Hinder all those involved, after the war is over, for many years to come everyone will be still debating upon the Politics of this war, and whether who was right and whom was wrong and whether GATO made a <snip> move or not. The rep for everyone is going to take a hit. At least people know who TENE is.

Edited by Allan a Dale
ModEdit: filter evasion

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1281339990' post='2407097']
Um, it's a standard MDP (or even PIAT) term.
[/quote]

I was talking about the way it was twisted so someone jumps to war with alliance A voiding its treaty with alliance B. I would say its less of a Mutual defense pact and more of a Convenient Defense Pact.
Myself the first thing I would do when an alliance comes to me without evidence early in the morning stating I have to leave a member defenseless isnt run to my allies telling them to ready the nukes, it would be to try diplomacy, and if that wasnt working inform my allies. But perhaps this makes me a bad candidate for leadership, who knows.

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]What does us ordering our people into peace mode have to do with anything? We told you that was our strategy, coming out in waves. How did that affect you considering we waived your obligation? That is irrelevant. And the only reason we entered peace mode was because RoK would have been declaring anyway, and it was quite clear at that point that there was no hope of diplomatic resolution. What are you trying to prove?[/color]

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1281340647' post='2407120']
He never contradicted himself.

We've all been pretty continuously saying that you were not told, because they were tired and thought it wasnt such a big deal that you needed to be informed. I mean, he never even said otherwise in what you just quoted from him.

Whereas you, on the other hand, have changed stances between us not telling you anything, us telling you late because we're mean bad people who bullied poor GATO, and apparently now some kind of imaginary PM from heft, which, if it had existed, completely renders your justification for this cancellation a hollow joke.

It's just funny that the only one harping on the existence of such a PM is you, and no one else.

Who exactly did you tell?
[/quote]

well of course I was not there so I don't specifically know but whatever it was it sure as hell made you guys think you needed to go into peace mode

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]What does us ordering our people into peace mode have to do with anything? We told you that was our strategy, coming out in waves. How did that affect you considering we waived your obligation? That is irrelevant. And the only reason we entered peace mode was because RoK would have been declaring anyway, and it was quite clear at that point that there was no hope of diplomatic resolution. What are you trying to prove?[/color]

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1281341101' post='2407131']
Why do I get the feeling this so-called "violation" of the treaty would've been ignored if we had been on the winning side of the curb stomp?
[/quote]

I would like to think my alliance has a little more honor than going to war with someone, no matter what the winning/losing situation is with an alliance who violates treaties

Why do I get the feeling this so-called "violation" of the treaty would've been ignored if we had been on the winning side of the curb stomp?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]For the same reason I have the sneaking suspicion that this so-called "violation" of the treaty would have been ignored had GATO not been trying to score some more brownie points with SG.[/color]

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1281340616' post='2407116']
You were my friend before this Omni, and GATO had my respect, but since you stamped your name of approval onto this, and GATO has put it's tail between it's legs despite not even being asked to help, I cant say either of the two points I mentioned are true anymore.
[/quote]

Sorry to hear that Jacapo.

[quote]Oh, I love the spin at the end of that second one. Yeah, he went to bed. And no, it did not cross your mind. I really do hate to turn this into a discussion on the effects of sleep deprivation, but quite frankly an extremely tired person is barely as cognate as a drunk. Heft cannot be faulted for not telling you immediately. None of us can. We're human beings for Christ's sake.

Furthermore, as Chron said, Heft did not take Hoo's threats of war seriously. In fact, all of us had a feeling it would be resolved later that day, and without further incident. So we say no reason to tell anyone yet since as far as we knew it was just a typical diplomatic squabble with little chance of war happening over it. As soon as we found out otherwise we went straight to you. What more can you possibly ask for?[/quote]

Heft was however around when I came on later that day. Which is time he could have used to drop a simple pm. The same that many others did.

[quote name='the masheen' timestamp='1281341030' post='2407129']
Fair enough. I still dont like this though. <_<
[/quote]

I understand, but no matter what decision would have been chosen someone wouldn't have liked it.

[/quote]

Actually if VE would have not told us about what was going on I would be throwing a fit about what happened too. Except they did tell us just like several other of our allies.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1281341100' post='2407130']
[/quote]

I was responding to someone who said we never informed you about the coming assault when we did.

[quote name='the masheen' timestamp='1281341030' post='2407129']
Fair enough. I still dont like this though. <_<
[/quote]Hes been told before this was posted, he was told as soon as we knew.

He was [i]told as soon as we could.[/i] Thats why he wasn't informed at the time. How terrible of us. How treacherous of us.

[quote]I would like to think my alliance has a little more honor than going to war with someone, no matter what the winning/losing situation is with an alliance who violates treaties[/quote]You cant exactly call this honorable on your guys' part. No matter how hard you try.

[quote]well of course I was not there so I don't specifically know but whatever it was it sure as hell made you guys think you needed to go into peace mode[/quote]So wait, let me see if I got this straight:

You just admitted to not knowing what happened, and yet you're on this high horse railing against us for imagined wrongs? Explains a fair bit.

[quote]Heft was however around when I came on later that day. Which is time he could have used to drop a simple pm. The same that many others did. [/quote]Heft = Entire NSO government.

Clearly it was a conspiracy to give you the cold shoulder, Omni. You caught us.

[quote name='Masterchief777' timestamp='1281341341' post='2407139']
I was responding to someone who said we never informed you about the coming assault when we did.
[/quote]
Who did you tell?

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1281341493' post='2407142']
Heft = Entire NSO government.

Clearly it was a conspiracy to give you the cold shoulder, Omni. You caught us.
[/quote]

If he has the authority to drag NSO to war, I'm sure he has the authority to contact allies.