Ragnarok Declaration of War

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1281407897' post='2408909']
Diplomacy was "don't aid that guy, were at war with him." The standard has been there since the beginning. You aid someone at war, you get to share his war.

No comment? I pretty much spelled out our (current) position. Go back, take your head out your $@!, and read it again.
[/quote]

Diplomacy was, "don't attack that guy, give us some information and we're happy to let you". Diplomacy RoK chose to ignore.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1281408105' post='2408910']
Diplomacy was, "don't attack that guy, give us some information and we're happy to let you". Diplomacy RoK chose to ignore.
[/quote]

You don't get to rewrite the rules. Standard procedure when you get an applicant involved in war [for exactly this reason] is to clear up the wars before accepting. Making him a full member, threatening TENE - the people he attacked - with retaliation if they defended their members - then aiding him minutes after Hoo explicitly told you he would $%&@ you up if you did is a [b]stupid[/b] move.

And now you have to mop up the result of that stupidity.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1281408307' post='2408913']
You don't get to rewrite the rules. Standard procedure when you get an applicant involved in war [for exactly this reason] is to clear up the wars before accepting. Making him a full member, threatening TENE - the people he attacked - with retaliation if they defended their members - then aiding him minutes after Hoo explicitly told you he would $%&@ you up if you did is a [b]stupid[/b] move.

[/quote]

The only stupidity I admit to is believing you and your lot reasonable.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1281408616' post='2408919']
[/quote]

Thank you for making no excuses for any of NSO's $%&@ ups I mentioned. It speaks volumes.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1281408616' post='2408919']
[/quote]

The more you guys post, the more I realize this was the right course of action. It typically hinders the peace process when you sit and continually bash your attackers and continue to play the victim.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1281407897' post='2408909']
Diplomacy was "don't aid that guy, were at war with him." The standard has been there since the beginning. You aid someone at war, you get to share his war.
[/quote]
[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1281408105' post='2408910']
[/quote]

Diplomacy should have been a mix of the two. NSO doesn't aid, Rok gives proof to NSO.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1281409267' post='2408931']
Diplomacy should have been a mix of the two. NSO doesn't aid, Rok gives proof to NSO.
[/quote]

I strongly agree with this statement. I have said so to the aggressors. They want no truck in the matter.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1281409267' post='2408931']
[/quote]
The proof Sedrick was a rogue lies in his active wars against TENE.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1281412588' post='2409014']
The proof Sedrick was a rogue lies in his active wars against TENE.
[/quote]
True, but those attacks appear in retribution for spy attacks by TENE. If I'm informed right Sedrick was an aid thief (or something of the sort), and NSO could not have known that right off the bat. If NSO knew the spy attacks were in retribution for a crime not immediately visible.

All that said, I am still supporting Rok in this war.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1281408307' post='2408913']

[/quote]

So where did Hoo provide the evidence? Thats right.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281406225' post='2408880']
I don't know, I'm not privy to the internal workings of NSO. But what I can tell you is that it's no incriminating act once NSO realized that RoK had no will to discuss a peaceful solution to a simple problem.
[/quote]

It's not an incriminating act, no, peace mode is a valid tactic. I should know, I'm in it. However, if Heft ordered them in after he had the aid sent, then that goes along with the "Rogue Heft" line of thinking. If another member of the NSO government did it, well, that shows maybe this wasn't just Heft's problem, and he's been made into a convenient scapegoat.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1281427146' post='2409337']
So where did Hoo provide the evidence? Thats right.
[/quote]

The guy had active aggressive wars before he joined NSO. If NSO is worried about what happened before those wars, why didn't they get to the bottom of the situation [i][b]BEFORE[/b][/i] they let him join?

Edited by Viking

[quote name='Viking' timestamp='1281435952' post='2409462']
It's not an incriminating act, no, peace mode is a valid tactic. I should know, I'm in it. However, if Heft ordered them in after he had the aid sent, then that goes along with the "Rogue Heft" line of thinking. If another member of the NSO government did it, well, that shows maybe this wasn't just Heft's problem, and he's been made into a convenient scapegoat.
[/quote]

The NSO's entire government is a 'rogue' government. I doubt they talk to each other very much, otherwise:

- Chron would not have approached me with some harebrained scheme to overthrow the NPO;
- Heft would not have authorized aid;
- Rebel Virginia would not have approached alliances such as Nordreich (and not just us) to try to 'talk treaty' a while back;
- I would not have the interesting juxtaposition of statements -- both by NSO government members, and within minutes of each other -- in my sig.

Who speaks for the NSO? And if they are speaking, what authority do they have? Muddy the waters enough and you get the situation they are now in, claiming Heft was wrong and acting on his own. (Or not, depending on who you ask and when.) It's an attempt to create plausible deniability about everything, and the truly embarrassing part is that some people are falling for it.

NSO, this is retarted. I hope I don't end up having to jump in this war and get rolled because of you. <_<

That said, you are saving some face by not bringing in your allies. I'll have slightly more than zero respect for you if you keep to your word. -_-

[quote]
The guy had active aggressive wars before he joined NSO. If NSO is worried about what happened before those wars, why didn't they get to the bottom of the situation [i][b]BEFORE[/b][/i] they let him join?
[/quote]

This is what happened:

[img]http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/2376/spyop.png[/img]

Enlighten me why does one attempts to infiltrate "Defcon systems" please.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1281437540' post='2409484']
This is what happened:

[/quote]

[22:06] <VanHooIII[RoK]> In the middle of a heated argument, Adzz of TENE had two spy attacks ... right as Sedrick was threatening him with war
[22:06] <Heft> And he had already sent them peace offers prior to applying to the NSO
[22:06] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Adzz spied back
[22:06] <VanHooIII[RoK]> This all occurred on the 4th

Shahenshah, as I explained in Fernando's thread over in WA, it doesn't matter at all what the circumstances surrounding the aggressive wars are. They're still aggressive wars launched against an alliance while unaligned, and that makes him a rogue. And the proof of that which NSO claim they were never shown is right there on his war screen.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1281437540' post='2409484']
This is what happened:

[/quote]

Look at what Alliance Sedrick is in when this spy attempt was made. MHA. So this does not go for proof of Sedrick saying Addy spied him first.

I feel pity for the Citizens of NSO, The Normal Joes, not the Government Dogs. See they most likely had no idea about Sed being rogue, I doubt they even knew of his existence, then all of the sudden they hear the rumors that RoK is knocking at the doorstep with threats of war. And the Government not thinking about their people, Oh sorry One member of their Government aids the Rogue thinking that RoK was only kidding when they said war would come if they did that. Then the Normal Joes are thrust into a war with probably little knowledge of what was really going on. And now those Normal Joes are paying the price for the mistake of one Government dog who probably is in Peace Mode right now. I've looked over alot of NSO profiles, most are in Anarchy right now, but I look at some of the bigger ones and there are alot more of them in Peace.