There are too many alliances and some of you should disband.

Corinan

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1281048457' post='2402083']
Just noticed this.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Curtain

With friends like these... :unsure:

Seriously, I hope this isn't a consensus opinion within NSO. Coz that's just plain crass, to tell a direct ally to disband.
[/quote]
I for one always assume that statements from a notoriously loudmouthed ex-government member represent the consensus opinion of an alliance.

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' timestamp='1281126542' post='2403026']
Heh good to see you still around, hiro :v
It's good to see you didn't bow to cornians wishes and disband your nation for being boring or something haha
[/quote]

Well to be fair, I went rogue on ARES and fought UINE and FAR guys. plus I sent covert messages to a certain Red Alliance to make them leave plus a few other scally wag antics :P So I'm doing my part in a small way. but of coarse, I must disband my nation to confirm to what NSO want, it's logical really isn't it.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

i haven't received GR's official response from our MK overlords, but I don't see any harm in replying anyway. #55? Surely those miscreants at GR should have been # 4 or 5 to disband. But frankly, there's no one else who will set foot on our barren wasteland, and we've grown quite attached to talking to ourselves. We may have 79 members on paper, but the voices make it seem somewhere between 160-200... seriously though, the reason should have been:
GR - has shamedmonkey. disband.

I'd just like to add that recent events once again prove how badly Cyber Nations needs the New Sith Order. Yes, the war is bad for us, but it is good for the game as a whole. We will sacrifice ourselves to save the soul of Cyber Nations. We are your Savior, CN.

Oh and GATO should disband. Yeah I couldn't give my honest opinion on them due to diplomatic reasons, but there ya go. They add nothing of value to the game. They're just flat out boring.

Edited by Corinan

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1281370561' post='2407695']
I'd just like to add that recent events once again proof how badly Cyber Nations needs the News Sith Order. Yes, the war is bad for us, but it is good for the game as a whole. We will sacrifice ourselves to save the soul of Cyber Nations. We are your Savior, CN.
[/quote]

I'll be really annoyed if I get Sithovah's Witnesses coming to my door and asking me if I've heard the good news of NSO. If that's the case, you can go sacrifice yourselves somewhere else.

I'd just like to add that recent events once again proof how badly Cyber Nations needs the News Sith Order. Yes, the war is bad for us, but it is good for the game as a whole. We will sacrifice ourselves to save the soul of Cyber Nations. We are your Savior, CN.

Oh and GATO should disband. Yeah I couldn't give my honest opinion on them due to diplomatic reasons, but there ya go. They add nothing of value to the game. They're just flat out boring.
[/quote]

I have never seen you post something with this much butt hurt in it before, I like your new style.

[/quote]

So people who cancel treaties for viable reasons should disband? And now that they are no longer your ally, you suddenly don't like them. Impressive!

NSO: Getting rolled makes you a savior

[/quote]

Nah, I really just enjoy watching you guys burn alone.

[quote name='Max Cristof' timestamp='1281382002' post='2408109']
So people who cancel treaties for viable reasons should disband? And now that they are no longer your ally, you suddenly don't like them. [/quote]

I never liked them. I just stopped saying as much publicly for diplomatic reasons. Imagine that! Granted, I tried to give them a chance when others in NSO wanted to get friendly with them. I feel pretty vindicated now, to be honest.

I think I pretty clearly stated why I think they should disband, and those reasons had nothing to do with in-character politics. You're the one bringing that into the discussion, not me. GATO is and has for a long time been a very boring and "cookie-cutter" alliance. Now I'm just free to say so. Feel free to paint it as "butthurt" all you like. You know I'm right.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1281383069' post='2408137']
I never liked them. I just stopped saying as much publicly for diplomatic reasons. Imagine that! Granted, I tried to give them a chance when others in NSO wanted to get friendly with them. I feel pretty vindicated now, to be honest.

I think I pretty clearly stated why I think they should disband, and those reasons had nothing to do with in-character politics. You're the one bringing that into the discussion, not me. GATO is and has for a long time been a very boring and "cookie-cutter" alliance. Now I'm just free to say so. Feel free to paint it as "butthurt" all you like. You know I'm right.
[/quote]
This is an OOC board you can express your own opinions despite what IC politics seem to demand as an ally. If you are attacked or scoffed for because of that... well that is just stupid.

Then again, many people can't distinguish between IC and OOC here.

[quote name='Chaoshawk' timestamp='1281384448' post='2408184']
This is an OOC board you can express your own opinions despite what IC politics seem to demand as an ally. If you are attacked or scoffed for because of that... well that is just stupid.

Then again, many people can't distinguish between IC and OOC here.
[/quote]

Yeah I've noticed that as well. This list is and always was my own opinion, separate from my alliance affiliation and my in character personal politics. However, I had to do some "editing" for diplomatic purposes. It was felt that some of our allies may get their feelings hurt if they were hit with some honest truth.

It's survival of the fittest. The top 10, 20, 30, 40, etc. alliances are there for a reason. Not because they lollygagged and strolled right into a top spot. Suggesting most of us disband after all our hard work is just plain ludicrous and irrational.

[/quote]

"...once again [b]prove[/b] how badly Cyber Nations needs the [b]New[/b] Sith Order..."
:)

[quote name='Artanis' timestamp='1281629081' post='2412776']
It's survival of the fittest. The top 10, 20, 30, 40, etc. alliances are there for a reason. Not because they lollygagged and strolled right into a top spot. Suggesting most of us disband after all our hard work is just plain ludicrous and irrational.
[/quote]
Yeah, it took a lot of work for MHA to carefully avoid any and all wars it possibly could by latching on to whoever they thought was in power. It also takes a lot of work to never bust ghosts.

[quote name='scotch' timestamp='1281215008' post='2403978']
if lolhalla was disbanding, i'd give this list much more credit.

I also find it funny that after 4 years, all the people who STILL want to kill ODN are STILL unable to do so, and it irritates them so.
[/quote]

Nobody cares about ODN or wants to waste the time of killing them, because ODN has nothing worth fearing. People's gripes are primarly that ODN is taking members and killing their interest in the game by sucking so much.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1281383069' post='2408137']

[/quote]
Man, if you guys were more honest about how you felt you might find that one day you would have friends that wouldn't just grab a seat and watch you burn. True friends would be in there swing whether you asked for help or not.

Edited by Merrie Melodies

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1281639091' post='2412994']
Man, if you guys were more honest about how you felt you might find that one day you would have friends that wouldn't just grab a seat and watch you burn. True friends would be in there swing whether you asked for help or not.
[/quote]

Oh I know, right? Dishonesty in my Cyber Nations? And from the Sith no less! Perish the thought! No I think the lesson we took away from the GATO thing is not to be more honest, but to just not sign treaties with GATO because they are, have been, and always will be terrible.

The "true friends would help you no matter what" line is tired, Merrie. You're just upset because you don't get to watch the world burn. I know you. Not that I blame you, however.

Our allies are honoring our wishes. That and we all know that if they did jump in on this war it'd only lead to us all being beat down together, which would increase the amount of time it'd take us to grow strong enough in number and in political clout to destroy the SF/C&G hegemony. Which is our ultimate goal. Sorry for spilling the beans, guys.

Edited by Corinan

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1281643318' post='2413121']
Oh I know, right? Dishonesty in my Cyber Nations? And from the Sith no less! Perish the thought! No I think the lesson we took away from the GATO thing is not to be more honest, but to just not sign treaties with GATO because they are, have been, and always will be terrible.

[b]The "true friends would help you no matter what" line is tired, Merrie.[/b] You're just upset because you don't get to watch the world burn. I know you. Not that I blame you, however.

Our allies are honoring our wishes. That and we all know that if they did jump in on this war it'd only lead to us all being beat down together, which would increase the amount of time it'd take us to grow strong enough in number and in political clout to destroy the SF/C&G hegemony. Which is our ultimate goal. Sorry for spilling the beans, guys.
[/quote]
Actually, I don't say that as a slam on your allies, it is a wise move. Rather I say that from my perspective, I know for fact we as in \m/ would leap in and burn for anyone of our allies regardless and I truly feel our allies are exactly the same way. The true responsibility of great friendships like these is not putting your friends in that position.

When you look at the alliances you feel should exist or not exist I think the honor standard should be first and foremost.

EDIT: Yea you are right, I would love to watch the world burn. If I could find the match that would light up all of Bob I wouldn't hesitate a second.

Edited by Merrie Melodies