BAPS Announcement

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Shoofly' date='17 July 2010 - 03:06 AM' timestamp='1279350386' post='2375623']
Gotta love seeing all the trolls come out to play thinking they know everything.
[/quote]

I think I'll second what Alfred said. And also ask, do you really think that you...a Legion ambassador, pretty much the lowest position you can get, really knows *everything* about what is going on, even in your own alliance? Sure, you might know a bit more than the average foreign observer based off whatever quick blurb/reasoning the consulate posted in Legion Discussions, but not by much, and those foreigners with connections likely know even more. Someone with minimal knowledge of a subject isn't really in a position to scoff at others, saying that they are uninformed.

[quote name='Earogema' date='17 July 2010 - 08:16 AM' timestamp='1279350949' post='2375629']
Is Legion going to get rolled right after sanction AGAIN?

I hate the guys, but give them a break ONCE in a while. Admin sake.
[/quote]
We've never dropped an ally who was about to be rolled, even one whos leader didnt know our leaders names after 2 years together. So its unlikely.

[quote name='Alterego' date='16 July 2010 - 04:48 PM' timestamp='1279313285' post='2374970']
Must be a MADP with Admin.
[/quote]

I like it entirely. Altho, when the time comes, Admin might get iffy, I'd rather have BAPS.

[quote name='kotic' date='17 July 2010 - 11:05 AM' timestamp='1279317898' post='2375037']
Hmmm something going on a legion? Val n legion spilt now BAPSn legion split....::ponders::
[/quote]
wait for it

[quote name='chefjoe' date='17 July 2010 - 03:12 AM' timestamp='1279332760' post='2375363']
Theory what? lol

Did you read this entire thread?
[/quote]

You mean all of your posts trying to spin some off butthurt into some kind of factoid?

Yeah unfortunately I wasted my time reading them. Get over yourself, the treaty was time to go, the fact you would make up !@#$ like this proves it further.

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='17 July 2010 - 05:50 AM' timestamp='1279371028' post='2375729']
You mean all of your posts trying to spin some off butthurt into some kind of factoid?

Yeah unfortunately I wasted my time reading them. Get over yourself, the treaty was time to go, the fact you would make up !@#$ like this proves it further.
[/quote]

Did I pee in your wheaties at some point? lol

Posts were made by lots more then just I backing up that point, but hey you want to believe in rainbows and unicorns as your 'theory', by all means go right ahead. I sure wont stop you from looking like an idiot here on the OWF.

I ENJOY it...

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='17 July 2010 - 02:16 AM' timestamp='1279354601' post='2375660']
I think I'll second what Alfred said. And also ask, do you really think that you...a Legion ambassador, pretty much the lowest position you can get, really knows *everything* about what is going on, even in your own alliance? Sure, you might know a bit more than the average foreign observer based off whatever quick blurb/reasoning the consulate posted in Legion Discussions, but not by much, and those foreigners with connections likely know even more. Someone with minimal knowledge of a subject isn't really in a position to scoff at others, saying that they are uninformed.
[/quote]

you try way too hard dude.

I've starting thinking about this, Legion cancels on two long time allies who have gone through struggles together, now because they wish to sign with a new ally who doesn't like their current allies they cancel on long time allies.

It makes one wonder who is in need of a new "ally" so badly they want an Alliance that will cancel on two allies to gain a new one.

I guess my point is this, if it is done for this reason, how long before something better comes down the road?

[quote name='Thom98' date='17 July 2010 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1279385728' post='2375939']
I've starting thinking about this, Legion cancels on two long time allies who have gone through struggles toIt makes one wonder who is in need of a new "ally" so badly they want an Alliance that will cancel on two allies to gain a new one.
[/quote]
That scenario has more to do with harmiing us and Valhalla than signing with The Legion.

[quote name='Thom98' date='17 July 2010 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1279385728' post='2375939']
I've starting thinking about this, Legion cancels on two long time allies who have gone through struggles together, now because they wish to sign with a new ally who doesn't like their current allies they cancel on long time allies.

It makes one wonder who is in need of a new "ally" so badly they want an Alliance that will cancel on two allies to gain a new one.

I guess my point is this, if it is done for this reason, how long before something better comes down the road?
[/quote]

Maybe the replacement ally is a super-duper top-notch stand-up guy sort of alliance? If so, our government has kept remarkably tight-lipped about it. :ph34r:

[quote name='The Arbiter' date='16 July 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1279314313' post='2374982']
Maybe it was Nobody Expects. One pulls a fast one by refusing to void the cancellation window and then goes ahead and posts the cancellation as "mutually agreed" before the window is up. Whatever. As Bud says, it really doesn't matter much.
[/quote]

Sad that I know who you spoke to and you don't.

So this is what I don't get: who wants to treaty Legion on the condition they cut ties with BAPS and Valhalla but have no issue with their other treaties?(maybe more cancellations will come)

Regardless, good luck to both parties, I guess?

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='16 July 2010 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1279331439' post='2375340']
lawl what, saying Archon is a NPO spy is a more plausible conspiracy theory than that. But hey, whatever makes you popular with the crowd that believes in every piece of drivel that lands in their lap, right?
[/quote]

Arbiter came to Val, said they wanted to cancel because they don't see a relationship.

We were already considering the cancellation as Joe says, and didn't care, so w/e.

Arbiter goes to BAPS and uses the same line, but slips in the convo and reveals that Legion is being required to cancel by their new benefactor.

BAPS is of course talking to Val this entire time.

Val preempts the cancellation with our own as we both waive the 48 hour cool down clause.

Wow, such a convoluted conspiracy, how ever do we keep track of all the players. Do you need flash cards?

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' date='17 July 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1279388608' post='2375996']
So this is what I don't get: who wants to treaty Legion on the condition they cut ties with BAPS and Valhalla but have no issue with their other treaties?(maybe more cancellations will come)

Regardless, good luck to both parties, I guess?
[/quote]
That's been my only question for 2 days.

Edited by Lord Levistus

[quote name='Lord Rune' date='17 July 2010 - 01:21 PM' timestamp='1279387252' post='2375967']
Maybe the replacement ally is a super-duper top-notch stand-up guy sort of alliance? If so, our government has kept remarkably tight-lipped about it. :ph34r:
[/quote]

No, I would think it would be more of a back-stabbing two faced sort of group, with very low standards for loyalty, unless of course you know who that might describe.

People often say it's never good when treaties are canceled. In my experience, it's almost always good. But in the case of Legion's recent spate of cancellations, it's hard to decide. I hate all alliances involved, so it really is unfortunate that they are no longer tied to each other and now less likely to drag each other into a losing war, and more likely that in some future global war, I may be on the same side as them.

So this really is a dark day for Sal Paradise. Sympathy letters can be sent via personal message.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='17 July 2010 - 10:47 AM' timestamp='1279388846' post='2376003']
Arbiter came to Val, said they wanted to cancel because they don't see a relationship.

We were already considering the cancellation as Joe says, and didn't care, so w/e.

Arbiter goes to BAPS and uses the same line, but slips in the convo and reveals that Legion is being required to cancel by their new benefactor.

Val preempts the cancellation with our own as we both waive the 48 hour cool down clause.

Wow, such a convoluted conspiracy, how ever do we keep track of all the players. Do you need flash cards?

[/quote]

I mean it's really peculiar since they didn't really seem to be going with realpolitik or anything when they signed with NPO right out of the gate.

[quote name='Thom98' date='17 July 2010 - 06:50 PM' timestamp='1279388986' post='2376005']
No, I would think it would be more of a back-stabbing two faced sort of group, with very low standards for loyalty, unless of course you know who that might describe.
[/quote]

That means it could only be....zzzk....crackle....screep! (interwebz phailer)

[quote name='The Arbiter' date='16 July 2010 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1279314892' post='2374988']
No, it was definitely one of those two.
[/quote]
No, it was definitely Topgun. You initially talked to me, and I directed you to him when you requested to drop the treaty before the 48 hour period.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='17 July 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1279388846' post='2376003']

[/quote]
This is correct.

Topgun initially decided that he would not waive the 48 hour grace period. Discussion with the other two triums (the Irish ones that were "asleep" at the time) followed and it was decided that there was no reason not to waive the grace period. As it was obvious that Legion wanted the treaty gone ASAP, we posted. All those who are claiming we did it just to piss them off are wrong. Please don't stop speculating though, it's giving me a good giggle.

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' date='17 July 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1279393646' post='2376100']
No, no they don't.
[/quote]

LORD STUMPY!!!

Your leadership is sorely needed amongst your flock.

With out your guiding hand it's devolved into chaos here.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='17 July 2010 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1279394823' post='2376123']
I have the horrible feeling Legion have been outmanoevered again. Now they sit in a place with annoyed old allies and no one to sit in their place. If there is a mind behind this, I salute them. And hate them, but Kudos.
[/quote]

this has occured to me also, as i can't piece together a treaty proposal that would demand removal of Val and BAPS and yet be perfectly OK with the other treaties Legion holds. I'm still holding out for a treaty though, it's not as sour as only having incompetence to blame.