Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='flak attack' date='06 July 2010 - 11:04 AM' timestamp='1278428666' post='2361107']
As a silver lining, Feanor's in charge now. That's cool.
[/quote]
I have to agree. I think Feanor's the last GM that I was really enthusiastic about. In 2008.

Silver lining: You were able to weed out a potential serious problem before it blew up and possibly had a permanent negative effect on the alliance. Your watch-dog efforts and self-reporting of the evidence is very commendable, as is the overall way in which you are handling the situation. Good luck.

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='06 July 2010 - 04:29 AM' timestamp='1278415756' post='2361025']
THIS IS PURE BLASPHEMY! JOHAN, GOD OF THUNDER AND ROCK AND ROLL, SHALL SMITE YOU FOR SUCH IRREVERENCE!

Johan Andersson is but the mortal earth-bound incarnation of the great Johan whom we revere.
[/quote]

Agreed. When Crymson next tries to play Hearts of Iron his computer will die a terrible and painful death.

More importantly, thank you to all of you for your understanding and support for the difficult decision our hospitallers had to make. Berith was indeed very well respected within and outside TOP. However, there was no other choice but to proceed honestly and honourably.

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='06 July 2010 - 04:41 PM' timestamp='1278430877' post='2361132']
I trust you had him repay any TOP loans before taking action? 2x the cash converted to tech.
[/quote]

Don't be bitter, darling. You know that you still have a place in my heart.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' date='06 July 2010 - 08:31 AM' timestamp='1278430286' post='2361127']
I was unaware that we had Kings. The more you know.
[/quote]

I just havent gotten around to telling you about my secret coronation. I plan on running a paperless monarchy. No amendment to our charter is required.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' date='06 July 2010 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1278430286' post='2361127']
I was unaware that we had Kings. The more you know.
[/quote]

Kings, triums, presidents I don't really care what system you put up in place. The point stays the same, you (TOP) backstabbed your own kind and that speaks volumes about your fine alliance. Maybe it's just me, or my Dutch mentality that is preventing me from ever doing such a horrible thing (truth be told, I was never put in the situation, so at best it's speculation). I can just not simply stand here and congratulate you on something I get the creeps from. It is not cool. However, I also understand that not everyone has the same norms and values as me. To each their own I guess.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='06 July 2010 - 09:14 AM' timestamp='1278432880' post='2361165']
Kings, triums, presidents I don't really care what system you put up in place. The point stays the same, you (TOP) backstabbed your own kind and that speaks volumes about your fine alliance. Maybe it's just me, or my Dutch mentality that is preventing me from ever doing such a horrible thing (truth be told, I was never put in the situation, so at best it's speculation). I can just not simply stand here and congratulate you on something I get the creeps from. It is not cool. However, I also understand that not everyone has the same norms and values as me. To each their own I guess.
[/quote]

Given your Dutch mentality I would have thought that you would easily be able to distinguish between a King and a person who is democratically elected every three months. You might also want to reflect on the fact that TOP has frequent elections. We have been criticized to some extent for that but one thing we have never been accused of is the need for a coup to remove a leader. ;)

By the way, best of luck in today's game. My neighbours - a family from Amersterdam and my family (cheering for the Germans) are hoping for Germany Netherlands final. If that happens we are closing our street to traffic and holding a huge street party to watch the game.

[quote name='crazy canuck' date='06 July 2010 - 06:00 PM' timestamp='1278435607' post='2361211']
Given your Dutch mentality I would have thought that you would easily be able to distinguish between a King and a person who is democratically elected every three months. You might also want to reflect on the fact that TOP has frequent elections. We have been criticized to some extent for that but one thing we have never been accused of is the need for a coup to remove a leader. ;) [/quote]

You guys are good to respond to the stuff in my responses that don't matter at all and ignore the stuff that matter. I know TOP hold elections and that this thing wasn't necessary in order to remove him. My first post shouldn't been taken by the letter, however the jig of it was. You sold out your comrade, that's what happens. You can disagree with each other on the reasoning behind it, not on the fact itself.

[quote]
By the way, best of luck in today's game. My neighbours - a family from Amersterdam and my family (cheering for the Germans) are hoping for Germany Netherlands final. If that happens we are closing our street to traffic and holding a huge street party to watch the game.
[/quote]

I don't know what you are talking about. The nation of Michiel de Ruyter does not hold any games. ;)

Thanks, I'm hoping for that final myself aswell.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='06 July 2010 - 01:44 PM' timestamp='1278438228' post='2361237']
You sold out your comrade, that's what happens. You can disagree with each other on the reasoning behind it, not on the fact itself.
[/quote]
Please, stop arguing that alliances have a duty to hide the truth when their members cheat.

Wait, your not allowed to use Multis that you created and set up in other alliances to circumvent reparations agreements? Whats the point of having multis in other alliances then?
On a serious note: Where, pray tell, were these multis located? Should any of us be worried about our own boards that these multis might be registered at? More information is required.
Sucks, sorry guys

[quote name='Kubla Khan' date='06 July 2010 - 11:05 AM' timestamp='1278439538' post='2361262']
On a serious note: Where, pray tell, were these multis located? Should any of us be worried about our own boards that these multis might be registered at? More information is required.
Sucks, sorry guys
[/quote]

That is a fair question. To my knowledge Berith did not try to infiltrate any alliances with his multiple accounts. I would think that if TOP did learn of that we would inform the alliances in question promptly.

The rulers who were cast out from this Realm were all members of the Order of the Paradox, save for one who harbored MASH colours. For the most part, they were used as smuggling ports/routes to send more goods to the nation led by our former Grandmaster.

We have already contacted our creditors regarding the payment of our war reparations. This had little impact and, as been said, we will repay what has been gained illegally.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='06 July 2010 - 11:03 AM' timestamp='1278439366' post='2361256']
Please, stop arguing that alliances have a duty to hide the truth when their members cheat.
[/quote]

When I was a CCCer we found such a member out, and the moment we brought the matter up, he quit. :P Or else we bleedin' well woulda taken action.

There is a Uralican sport proverb I feel applies here: "If you can't play by the rules, get off the pitch."

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='06 July 2010 - 12:14 PM' timestamp='1278432880' post='2361165']
[/quote]

Treason against the alliance can be committed by any man, no matter what position he or she holds. It is the duty of the people republic to defend their alliance from such transgressions. The General Assembly is a check against the Grand Master, and it is their responsibility to ensure a transparent and legal government is in place at all times.

He who defies the will of Admin shall be exiled from this great Order. So said Johan, God of Thunder and Rock and Roll, and so it shall be.
All praise and glory be to Johan.
All hail Feanor, the Second Prophet, Sword of Johan, Grand Master of The Order.

Edited by Titus Pullo

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='06 July 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1278432880' post='2361165']
[/quote]
[b]Are you endorsing breaking the TOS and rules of Cyber Nations?

Players in Cyber Nations are required by the rules to report any cheating that they might be aware of. I don't want to see another post from you implying this and you should abide by the rules in the future. If you have further opinions on the subject or this post of mine you're free to send me a PM instead of posting it in the thread.

The rest of you can carry on as usual.[/b]

[quote name='mythicknight' date='06 July 2010 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1278448838' post='2361436']
I'm inclined to agree with Kriekfreak here. That's all I have to say.
[/quote]
There may have been a time when people felt like the best way to handle something like this was a come-to-Jesus sit-down with the offender (even though that is against the rules) and get him to come back into line privately; however, the Grinch re-roll bannings (where anyone who acknowledge knowing that Grinch was evading, or even traded with his nation was also banned) changed that mentality for anyone that values their ability to exist on Planet Bob. Berith is the bad guy, not the TOP gov; his actions put everyone in the alliance at risk.

Edited by Schattenmann