Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='06 July 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1278472673' post='2362050']
Just because you don't care, doesn't mean that nobody does.
[/quote]
While yours is a true enough statement in general circumstance, in this particular context Crymson speaks fact. It's Penkala. Nobody cares.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ardus' date='07 July 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1278478658' post='2362134']
While yours is a true enough statement in general circumstance, in this particular context Crymson speaks fact. It's Penkala. Nobody cares.
[/quote]

The sample size is too small to know for certain.

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='07 July 2010 - 01:33 AM' timestamp='1278480806' post='2362174']
The sample size is too small to know for certain.
[/quote]
We're at n=2 right now. I'm sure I could get another 28 with ease.

[quote name='Crymson' date='07 July 2010 - 07:29 AM' timestamp='1278469772' post='2361999']
Nobody cares. Truly.
[/quote]

I'd be more concerned if he/she? suddenly starts caring :lol1:

Best possible path taken TOP, classy as always. o\

[quote name='Ardus' date='07 July 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1278478658' post='2362134']
[/quote]

You sure follow me around a lot for someone who 'nobody cares' about! Maybe some people do care, after all. And maybe you're one of them. ;)

I'm developing quite a fan club: Crymson, Ardus, ReyTheGreat. I mean, no A-list celebs or anything, but most competent people don't follow someone around (while ironically asserting that nobody cares about the person). I don't seek 'worthiness' from anyone. And if I did, it sure as hell wouldn't be from the likes of Crymson.

Nevertheless, my statement stands: Yes, you should report illegal activities. Other aspects of this incident were not handled well by you, though. Oh well. Feanor's a good guy. Good luck.

[quote]Penkala (and everyone else really), you are more than welcome to raise any issues you have with either myself or Feanor. [/quote]

No thanks. I don't have any problem with either of you two.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='07 July 2010 - 12:51 PM' timestamp='1278521476' post='2362495']
You sure follow me around a lot for someone who 'nobody cares' about! Maybe some people do care, after all. And maybe you're one of them. ;)

I'm developing quite a fan club: Crymson, Ardus, ReyTheGreat. I mean, no A-list celebs or anything, but most competent people don't follow someone around (while ironically asserting that nobody cares about the person). I don't seek 'worthiness' from anyone. And if I did, it sure as hell wouldn't be from the likes of Crymson.
[/quote]

I don't think I've responded to you more than a couple of times. I'm too busy being a member of the Rebel Virginia Fan Club. :huh:

[quote name='Ardus' date='07 July 2010 - 02:58 PM' timestamp='1278523707' post='2362530']
I don't think I've responded to you more than a couple of times. I'm too busy being a member of the Rebel Virginia Fan Club. :huh:
[/quote]
You're in that club? I've sent like 100 requests to join and I've never been replied too :(

Unfortunate.

Ill tiding, indeed...Although, it seems things are as they should be.

Feanor is a most capable replacement and will lead you well.

Good luck to TOP in getting back on top of things. (I know, I know.. couldn't resist)

[quote name='Fallen Fool' date='08 July 2010 - 10:23 AM' timestamp='1278544985' post='2362870']
Congratulations on fulfilling the basic requirements for being a citizen of this world of ours.
[/quote]
Given the tone of your post, I suppose the NpO would keep something like this under wraps without a public announcement if one of its Emperors did something similar, eh?

Back to the subject of the OP, good work managing an extremely difficult situation TOP, I wish you well.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='07 July 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1278545816' post='2362883']Given the tone of your post, I suppose the NpO would keep something like this under wraps without a public announcement if one of its Emperors did something similar, eh?[/quote]I like to think in a similar situation Polar would do what was necessary, make a brief announcement about it and not proceed to fish for good PR for simply fulfilling one of the basic tenants of existence.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' date='08 July 2010 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1278546233' post='2362891']
I like to think in a similar situation Polar would do what was necessary, make a brief announcement about it and not proceed to fish for good PR for simply fulfilling one of the basic tenants of existence.
[/quote]
It's not TOP's fault if they get good PR for doing the right (and necessary) thing, neither is it wrong of them to alert the world to their change of leadership and give the reasoning for it since it happened outside of normal circumstances.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' date='08 July 2010 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1278546233' post='2362891']
I like to think in a similar situation Polar would do what was necessary, make a brief announcement about it and not proceed to fish for good PR for simply fulfilling one of the basic tenants of existence.
[/quote]
Although the language of the OP could perhaps be judged as being overly florid, I'm not really seeing it as a PR exercise. What about it makes you think the way you do? That's a genuine query by the way, I'm intrigued.

This is a 'brief announcement', no?

A bad situation, and you've done what you needed to do. It's a shame, I liked Berith, but rulebreaking is rulebreaking and transcends personal and alliance relationships.

And pff, 14 nations? Someone needs to take some lessons from FNF!

[quote name='Fallen Fool' date='07 July 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1278546233' post='2362891']
[/quote]
Not only do I disagree with what you're implying, but the word you're trying to use is 'tenet'.

(To be fair....You're not the only person to have done this. I've just reached my saturation point in terms of that particular abuse of my mother tongue.)

[quote name='Timeline' date='08 July 2010 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1278547109' post='2362904']
this topic was not needed.[/quote]
To be fair, they needed to say why Feanor was now in charge. And presumably why Berith suddenly went missing. This isn't a PR exercise, it's a statement of fact.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='07 July 2010 - 07:48 PM' timestamp='1278546520' post='2362897']
Although the language of the OP could perhaps be judged as being overly florid, I'm not really seeing it as a PR exercise. What about it makes you think the way you do? That's a genuine query by the way, I'm intrigued.[/quote]The entire OP is written in such a way as to evoke the image of TOP as a victim of great tragedy who lumbers on anyway in order to fulfill its duty.

The reality is less romantic. TOP's leader violated the basic laws of existence. In response TOP did what was expected and required by those same laws. In doing so they did not become a hero, they just kept from becoming a scumbag.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='07 July 2010 - 08:00 PM' timestamp='1278547197' post='2362906']
Not only do I disagree with what you're implying, but the word you're trying to use is 'tenet'.

(To be fair....You're not the only person to have done this. I've just reached my saturation point in terms of that particular abuse of my mother tongue.)[/quote]Why must you correct my grammar? :<

Edited by Fallen Fool

[quote name='Timeline' date='08 July 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1278547109' post='2362904']
Admin doing his job $30
TOP doing there part $1
TOP's need for headlines priceless

this topic was not needed.
[/quote]

Please accept our most deepest and sincere apology for our relentless posting over the past two months. Truly I do not know how you coped with such a relentless onslaught of self serving publicity that our three topics generated.

Sir, I salute your perseverance and thank you for your well formatted rebuttal of our antics.

Shame on us for disseminating information, shame on us indeed.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' date='08 July 2010 - 11:09 AM' timestamp='1278547766' post='2362918']
The entire OP is written in such a way as to evoke the image of TOP as a victim of great tragedy who lumbers on anyway in order to fulfill its duty.

The reality is less romantic. TOP's leader violated the basic laws of existence. In response TOP did what was expected and required by those same laws. In doing so they did not become a hero, they just kept from becoming a scumbag.
[/quote]
I disagree. TOP was a victim in that the perp had a crack at disrupting their forums. TOP is also operating under the terms of the ESA and therefore the signatories of that treaty are victims of aid fraud. Finally - and this is a personal judgement mind you - the !@#$%* thing about this was that the bloke responsible was a friend to many and seemed to be of good character until now. The tragedy here, if you want to call it that, is the betrayal of that trust and those friendships, I suppose.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

We would certainly not be the first, or the last, to attempt to capitalize on random coincidence that just happened to visit our corner of digiterra, justified or no.

However, there is no such motivation behind this statement, or it's wording. We wanted something informative with a certain bit of flavour, explaining the situation without upsetting the rules for discourse laid down upon this place by higher powers.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' date='07 July 2010 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1278547766' post='2362918']
The entire OP is written in such a way as to evoke the image of TOP as a victim of great tragedy who lumbers on anyway in order to fulfill its duty.

The reality is less romantic. TOP's leader violated the basic laws of existence. In response TOP did what was expected and required by those same laws. In doing so they did not become a hero, they just kept from becoming a scumbag.[/quote]

As far as I can tell the announcement is a description of the events that transpired with a bit of flavorful wording to make it more interesting to read. At any rate, even if it is something expected of a person or group, doing the right thing is still commendable, especially given the risk to their forums in doing so. While the same course of action would no doubt be expected of any alliance in the same position, it is not a position in which any alliance should want to find themselves, so a degree of sympathy is not out of place either.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' date='07 July 2010 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1278547766' post='2362918']

[/quote]

People seem to appreciate that we did the right thing. I am not sure why you think less of them for that. It makes you look a bit petty. Perhaps you will do something in the near future that will move people to congratulate you on doing the right thing. If that day comes I will congratulate you along with everyone else. Until then people will only be able to judge you on this kind of behaviour.

You may have noticed that a few people posted negative comments about us in this thread. The majority of the posts could have been negative. But they were not. That is why we have expressed our thanks to all those who have supported us in this very difficult time. If you see something wrong with that then I suggest that says more about you then anything else.

Edited by crazy canuck