DT Foreign Policy Statement

Planet Bob,

Recently the STA made an announcement regarding raiding on their Cadets. The Dark Templar have been having a similar problem with our Probes and Protectorates. Let it be known that the Dark Templar's "academy AA" is "DT Probes" and these guys are off-limits when it comes to raiding. DT will be requesting that nations that raid this AA declare peace and pay reparations. Refusal to do so will result in taking these reparations with force.

Having said that, raiding has also occurred with our Protectorates. The Dark Templar currently protects Blackhorse, Krynn, Flying Hellfish United, and the Cyber Revolutionaries. Some of these protectorates are just verbal agreements between gentlemen. Raiding of these AAs will not be tolerated.

General Ozujsko
Lord of Foreign Affairs
The Dark Templar

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='20 June 2010 - 06:28 PM' timestamp='1277072902' post='2344177']
Good luck. Might help to have members of these AA's post something to the extent of "Protected by The Dark Templar" in their nation bios since a lot of raiders don't read the OWF and will miss this announcement
[/quote]

Many do, but that doesn't seem to stop the aggravation.

Another idea we're kicking around is to switch our academy AA from "DT Probes" to "The Dark Templar Probes" or something similar.

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='20 June 2010 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1277079486' post='2344307']
Are people out there really this stupid?
[/quote]
Yes. We just fought a war over people being idiots, and the pro-idiot side won.

Considering all that, I have to consider it moderately ironic that DT is now here complaining about it.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='21 June 2010 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1277124420' post='2345112']

Considering all that, I have to consider it moderately ironic that DT is now here complaining about it.
[/quote]

oh you! :wub:

but yo DT, like I said to STA, shoot first ask questions later; those who don't want to bother doing their research shouldn't be bothered with diplomatic attempts either.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='21 June 2010 - 08:47 AM' timestamp='1277124420' post='2345112']

[/quote]

No, DT is doing things right which cuts down on idiot factor. Knowing that alliances are protected or have treaties usually stop raids. It also helps to update wiki's and forums which I am sure DT has also done.

This announcement is just another way to get the word out, try again.

[quote name='Derwood1' date='21 June 2010 - 10:25 AM' timestamp='1277130313' post='2345175']
No, DT is doing things right which cuts down on idiot factor. Knowing that alliances are protected or have treaties usually stop raids. It also helps to update wiki's and forums which I am sure DT has also done.

This announcement is just another way to get the word out, try again.
[/quote]

In all reality this thread will have no effect. If people don't know what a DT Probe is then they don't check OWF enough to know about this thread. It was nothing more then a "Hey look at us, we are cool just like STA :("

On a side note, if the members of these alliances which are verbally protected dont put "Protected by DT" in their bio, then it really isn't the fault of the raider that they got hit.

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' date='21 June 2010 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='1277138570' post='2345310']
In all reality this thread will have no effect. If people don't know what a DT Probe is then they don't check OWF enough to know about this thread. It was nothing more then a "Hey look at us, we are cool just like STA :("

[b]On a side note, if the members of these alliances which are verbally protected dont put "Protected by DT" in their bio, then it really isn't the fault of the raider that they got hit.[/b]
[/quote]

It always has been the responsibility of the raider to make sure their target is not protected.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='21 June 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1277138758' post='2345317']
It always has been the responsibility of the raider to make sure their target is not protected.
[/quote]
Alas, no. An awful lot of raiders agree with Jacapo's interpretation of where the responsibility lies now.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='21 June 2010 - 12:02 PM' timestamp='1277139724' post='2345343']
Alas, no. An awful lot of raiders agree with Jacapo's interpretation of where the responsibility lies now.
[/quote]
It is indeed the responsibility of the raider to find out if their target is protected, however, if the agreement is so verbal that it is not in any of the protected alliance's bios, nor is on the wiki, the raiders are not liable, because they could not possibly have known otherwise. Unless people expect us to ask every alliance in the world every time we find a raid-able micro-alliance and ask "Are these guys yours?". Such a thing is laughably unreasonable.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Haflinger' date='21 June 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1277139724' post='2345343']
[/quote]
If it was an unwritten agreement I would agree with Jacapo. How could a raider know if an AA is protected by an agreement if there is nothing that says an agreement exists? I still think raiders should be held accountable if they don't check the wiki, or nation bio's though.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='21 June 2010 - 12:19 PM' timestamp='1277140754' post='2345378']
I've seen raiders arguing that bios are unreliable, so claims of protection in them should be ignored as well.
[/quote]
At GOONS, we have corrected this problem by having the members interested in raiding the target ask the alleged protector if it is legit or not.

You would not believe how many lying micro-alliances there are out there.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='21 June 2010 - 12:19 PM' timestamp='1277140754' post='2345378']
I've seen raiders arguing that bios are unreliable, so claims of protection in them should be ignored as well.
[/quote]

I agree with this. People can lie in their nation bios and get away with it easily enough; the Wiki is a much more effective means of checking to see if a certain nation is truly protected or not.

With that being said, it's crucial that every alliance keeps their Wiki up-to-date. Even if you're protecting someone due to a verbal agreement, you should still include it in your Wiki to prevent confusion, as well as to keep misinformed raiders from striking your protectorate's nations.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='21 June 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1277138758' post='2345317']
[/quote]
Sure it is and as long as the information can be found then its on teh Raider. What are you supposed to do pm the nation and ask are you really protected. That would sort of give the raid away wouldnt it. IF you dont have it via wiki, owf or some public place then it doesnt exist.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='21 June 2010 - 01:23 PM' timestamp='1277140966' post='2345380']
At GOONS, we have corrected this problem by having the members interested in raiding the target ask the alleged protector if it is legit or not.

You would not believe how many lying micro-alliances there are out there.
[/quote]
Ill be in contact to get that list from you shortly got some noobs that neeed the practice :P