Regnum Invictorum Withdraws From CDT

[quote name='Lusitan' date='02 June 2010 - 06:48 PM' timestamp='1275529668' post='2321473']
If memory serves me right, UCN formed from a merger between two alliances - not sure if both were members at the time, I know one was - in November or December 2007.

For practical purposes, UPN is indeed the oldest signatory in the bloc for 2-4 months.
[/quote]

Yes UCN was formed between merger with one of the merged alliances being a member of CDT.

However UCN was around during the bubblegum war. Hard to forget that fiasco.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='darkfox' date='03 June 2010 - 03:28 AM' timestamp='1275532111' post='2321571']
Yes UCN was formed between merger with one of the merged alliances being a member of CDT.

However UCN was around during the bubblegum war. Hard to forget that fiasco.
[/quote]

Oh yes, that was the beggining of the end of the old CDT. The one other time I know Invicta almost left the bloc :P

[quote name='darkfox' date='02 June 2010 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1275527402' post='2321382']
Coming from someone from an alliance who was in the bloc I find that disgusting. etc etc ...[/quote]

Why? The key word in your statement is "was" ... we did leave for a reason.

Despite all of that, best of luck out there Invicta.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='02 June 2010 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1275532552' post='2321587']
Why? The key word in your statement is "was" ... we did leave for a reason.
[/quote]

Just because you cross a bridge doesn't mean you need to burn it after wards.

Edited by darkfox

[quote name='Lusitan' date='02 June 2010 - 09:48 PM' timestamp='1275529668' post='2321473']
For practical purposes, UPN is indeed the oldest signatory in the bloc for 2-4 months.
[/quote]
UPN has been the oldest signatory in the bloc for quite some time. We were the second oldest.

[quote name='darkfox' date='02 June 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1275533645' post='2321618']
[/quote]
You typically cross the bridge to get away from the other side.

[quote name='thedestro' date='02 June 2010 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1275526479' post='2321338']
I don't like the custom of alliances leaving pacts/canceling treaties and saying they want to "maintain friendships." That's like breaking up with your girlfriend and saying you want to be just friends.
[/quote]
And having your girlfriend say we can still be friends is like having your dog die and your mom saying "We can still keep him!"

Sad to see etc.

[quote name='darkfox' date='02 June 2010 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1275533645' post='2321618']
[/quote]

Unless the burning of said bridge was completely acceptable to all parties involved, which it was ...

This is me, being as nice as I possibly can and not trying to turn this into a CDT/RoK debate. ;)

[quote name='thedestro' date='02 June 2010 - 08:54 PM' timestamp='1275526479' post='2321338']
I don't like the custom of alliances leaving pacts/canceling treaties and saying they want to "maintain friendships." That's like breaking up with your girlfriend and saying you want to be just friends.
[/quote]
Your alliance's policy may be different. Ours is to try to have more friendships than treaty partners. You can like people without signing a treaty, you know.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='02 June 2010 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1275534361' post='2321627']
You typically cross the bridge to get away from the other side.
[/quote]

Sometimes that is a case.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='02 June 2010 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1275534673' post='2321638']
Unless the burning of said bridge was completely acceptable to all parties involved, which it was ...

This is me, being as nice as I possibly can and not trying to turn this into a CDT/RoK debate. ;)
[/quote]

We will just have to agree to disagree on proper conduct amongst former allies.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='02 June 2010 - 05:03 PM' timestamp='1275523389' post='2321237']
No, UCN was there as well.

[/quote]

UCN, the reformation of TCW (Which was the reformation of CNE), is the only remaining original signatory in CDT. Just saying.

Edited by Ernesto Che Guevara

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='02 June 2010 - 01:55 PM' timestamp='1275501323' post='2320654']
Well, I suppose now CDT is nothing more than a three-legged dog without one of its front-runners. Good luck, and all that jazz to the bloc. And good luck Invicta, leaving a bloc is never fun (GUARD, Feroticas, etc. etc.), especially when you're still all good buddies.
[/quote]

CDT has been a three-legged dog for two years now.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Haflinger' date='02 June 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1275534684' post='2321639']You can like people without signing a treaty, you know.[/quote]

This is impossible.

Anyway, has CDT ever done anything noteworthy beyond occasional announcements?

An honest, question, btw. I can't think of anything CDT has done (as a bloc) that has been worth remembering.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='03 June 2010 - 12:45 PM' timestamp='1275565501' post='2321982']
This is impossible.

An honest, question, btw. I can't think of anything CDT has done (as a bloc) that has been worth remembering.
[/quote]

Illuminati War.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='03 June 2010 - 07:45 PM' timestamp='1275565501' post='2321982']
This is impossible.

[/quote]

Why does it have to do something worth remembering to the whole of CN?

I like CDT for what it is and hopefully continues to be.

o/ CDT

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='03 June 2010 - 07:45 AM' timestamp='1275565501' post='2321982']

[/quote]
We smashed Illuminati along with Superfriends. Other than that, it's been more of a community than a political action bloc.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='02 June 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1275534673' post='2321638']
[/quote]

[img]http://ascelios.com/McCroskey/PicLens/FNSCv10/pl_images/Scruffy_Futurama.jpg[/img]

Things change, people change, friends change. Sometimes they even change back later or develop into something new.

CDT continues on because of its members determination to keep it alive. It was originally started to boost small and middle sized alliances and introduce them to a bloc setting. The number of former members of the bloc is one of the most fascinating records of all time and I don't see anyone ever coming close to it. Long have they lived, and long may they continue to do so o/

/runs, hides from the stat fact checkers

[quote name='Tautology' date='02 June 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1275511862' post='2320827']
It seems you're both looking for noodles but having problems agreeing on what to put on them. I recommend goulash on spƤtzle.
[/quote]
That is indeed the best combination. However, it's still neither Chinese nor Italian, so the culinary difficulties haven't been resolved.