Does anyone know anything about this alliance?

pezstar

The alliance is called Awkward Zombie. One of their guys attacked one of our cadets, and is being a general jerk about handling it. Usually in this kind of situation, with an alliance this size, I'd go to their government and then their protector. The problem is that I can't find anything about them anywhere. No wiki entry, no posts on these boards, nothing. Does anyone know anything about these guys? I appreciate it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just looked through their entire roster, and there's no "protected by" anywhere. I'm bleedin' amazed no one's jumped these guys yet, knowing the dog-eat-dog nature of CN.

BTW, I just fired your man 3M. Good hunting! :war:

[quote name='Uralica' date='25 May 2010 - 05:45 PM' timestamp='1274823923' post='2311627']
I've just looked through their entire roster, and there's no "protected by" anywhere. I'm bleedin' amazed no one's jumped these guys yet, knowing the dog-eat-dog nature of CN.

BTW, I just fired your man 3M. Good hunting! :war:
[/quote]

Hey, thanks! That's super nice of you! A google search indicates that they're implants from... elsewhere. If he replies back to me with a similar tone as his reply to our initial polite request, there could be trouble, but I at least want to give folks a chance to come forward if they have a protectorate no one has published anywhere.

[quote name='Uralica' date='25 May 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1274823923' post='2311627']
[/quote]

8 targets, all 1K strength and under. [i]Prime[/i] raiding targets right there.

[quote name='LJ Scott' date='25 May 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1274824182' post='2311631']
8 targets, all 1K strength and under. [i]Prime[/i] raiding targets right there.
[/quote]

I never said it had to be raiding. :P Sometimes people just declare war for the sake of declaring war. Especially in those ranges.

[quote name='SpectreTehDestroyer' date='25 May 2010 - 02:51 PM' timestamp='1274824261' post='2311632']
Thank you Uralica. Appreciate the help. :wub:
[/quote]

No problemo. o/

And please, call me Jarkko. ;)

Edited by Uralica

[quote name='pezstar' date='25 May 2010 - 05:48 PM' timestamp='1274824085' post='2311630']
Hey, thanks! That's super nice of you! A google search indicates that they're implants from... elsewhere. If he replies back to me with a similar tone as his reply to our initial polite request, there could be trouble, but I at least want to give folks a chance to come forward if they have a protectorate no one has published anywhere.
[/quote]
Normally my response would be to roll them all but since this one guy is being a douche bag maybe you shouldn't make his entire alliance pay for it.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='25 May 2010 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1274834029' post='2311803']
Normally my response would be to roll them all but since this one guy is being a douche bag maybe you shouldn't make his entire alliance pay for it.
[/quote]

Nah, we're not going to roll the whole alliance. We don't really have anyone in his range, either, but our fine friends in NV have a protectorate or two who can use the target practive, so they kindly agreed to assist.

[quote name='pezstar' date='25 May 2010 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1274835326' post='2311835']
Nah, we're not going to roll the whole alliance. We don't really have anyone in his range, either, but our fine friends in NV have a protectorate or two who can use the target practive, so they kindly agreed to assist.
[/quote]
lol, at first I thought you were talking about us but our average NS is around 40k :(

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='25 May 2010 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1274836824' post='2311862']
I insist you share.

Seriously. Bored out of my mind over here.
[/quote]

Ha. Sure. I don't have copies of the first message sent, but it was the standard "Hey, you're attacking one of our members, peace out and be prepared to send reparations." spiel. Then he responded with a "I'll peace out, but I'm not sending reps because he shouldn't leave himself open to attack if he doesn't want to be attacked." I didn't send or receive those messages. Our Captain of the Guard did. So I'm not going to repost them. I'm happy to repost what I was directly a party to.

Me to him: [quote]Hello,

It would appear as though we have a misunderstanding. We were not requesting reparations from your nation for your aggressive war on our cadet. We are demanding it. You will pay the amount of $100,000 for the cost of the infrastructure you destroyed, the money you took in your attacks, plus the economic damages caused by the anarchy of our nation. If you refuse to pay this, the Siberian Tiger Alliance will attack you and forcibly take it from your nation. We are awaiting your payment.

Regards,
Pezstar
Foreign Minister of the Siberian Tiger Alliance[/quote]

Him to me:

[quote]To: pezstar From: VonSnark Date: 5/25/2010 6:31:42 PM

Subject: RE: Reps demand for your war on

I was hoping we could haggle- I start a 0- you give me a reasonable number, I try to lowball it, we settle and we're all happy, but let me get three things out of the way 1. Peace mode! You can use it! It's a click away! Don't get angry when somebody comes along and sacks a nation 2. I didn't do anywhere near 100,000 dollars worth of damage to that nation. 3. I'm not a well off nation, I doubt if you war me until I have nothing left you still probably won't have 100,000 [/quote]

[quote]Subject: RE: Reps demand for your war

Message: 100,000 is reasonable. Actual damages are much more expensive than you likely realize, and with the addition of our nation being unable to collect his taxes and pay his bills because of your aggressive actions, 100,000 is more than fair.

You appear to be new to Cybernations, so I'll give you a brief lesson. When there is an alliance affiliation attached to a nation, it means that they are protected, and should they come under attack, the attacking nation has to answer to someone. Folks don't use peace mode as protection when they are in an alliance, because they are protected.

We are not going to negotiate with you. You have been given a number that is more than fair for your actions. We are willing to work out a payment schedule if you cannot afford to pay it at once, however the amount will remain at 100,000.

Regards,
Pezstar
Foreign Minister of the Siberian Tiger Alliance [/quote]

His final response before I got tired of him:

[quote]Message: It's been one day, you understand? Two battles, it dosen't take a while to recover from that. And I doubt $1,000 for 100 days would really be worth it.

If I pick the big war option do I get a fair fight? I mean, somebody whose better then just barely in my strength range? And isn't it better to pick this option anyway? Since I can't imagine I'd lose 100,000 worth... [/quote]

He's right. He's small enough that he probably won't lose 100,000 worth. But the target practice he'll provide for some friendly protectorates is invaluable.

[quote name='pezstar' date='25 May 2010 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1274823455' post='2311620']
The alliance is called Awkward Zombie. One of their guys attacked one of our cadets, and is being a general jerk about handling it. Usually in this kind of situation, with an alliance this size, I'd go to their government and then their protector. The problem is that I can't find anything about them anywhere. No wiki entry, no posts on these boards, nothing. Does anyone know anything about these guys? I appreciate it.
[/quote]
Awkward Zombies is a protectorate of CoJ as of yesterday; they are not to be fooled with. I'll get on the hotline with CptMaximum ASAP.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='25 May 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1274842110' post='2311971']
Awkward Zombies is a protectorate of CoJ as of yesterday; they are not to be fooled with. I'll get on the hotline with CptMaximum ASAP.
[/quote]

Too late. We attacked the rogue who attacked our cadet. The whole thing is public, so if you guys take issue with it, say something here or come to IRC. It's not such a huge deal that PRIVATE CHANNELS FTW is mandatory.

Edit: I will, however, call of NV's protectorate(s).

Edited by pezstar

100k for a 500 strength nation? I highly doubt that two or how ever many attacks he may have done amounted to nearly that much damage.

Its all inconsequential anyway, but demanding 100k reps, your pretty much ensuring that you won't be getting a cent, and you never know, he might just turn up to be a thorn in your side.

[quote name='pezstar' date='25 May 2010 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1274842354' post='2311976']
Too late. We attacked the rogue who attacked our cadet. The whole thing is public, so if you guys take issue with it, say something here or come to IRC. It's not such a huge deal that PRIVATE CHANNELS FTW is mandatory.
[/quote]
[i]Le sigh.[/i] Typical.

You got all DO THIS OR DIE with a guy named "Von Snark" and were surprised he was snarky. Did a decent job of researching them, but then attacked before getting an answer in this thread. What exactly was the point of this? I thought STA was a little more refined than the shoot-first-ask-later mentality on display here. I guess after so long here I shouldn't be surprised--it's an endless waltz, big superior alliance puts their heel on someone who's smaller or doesn't know better. ffffffff What the, [i]hell[/i], Pezstar?