Question for UPN

Xiphosis

[quote name='SirDelirium' date='15 May 2010 - 01:32 PM' timestamp='1273948354' post='2298921']
Really guys? Really? If you want to manufacture a CB on us or something, I'm sure you can be a little more creative.
[/quote]
Nobody's calling for your head over this. Yet.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SirDelirium' date='15 May 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1273948354' post='2298921']
Really guys? Really? If you want to manufacture a CB on us or something, I'm sure you can be a little more creative.
[/quote]

I don't see anyone threatening war. Nice jump though, nonetheless.

[quote name='Mixoux' date='15 May 2010 - 11:40 AM' timestamp='1273948801' post='2298931']
I don't see anyone threatening war. Nice jump though, nonetheless.
[/quote]

Now this doesn't seem like a little bit of a jump too?

[quote name='Alterego' date='15 May 2010 - 02:17 AM' timestamp='1273915024' post='2298534']
Its an act of war if you ask me, they obviously did it to humiliate you.
[/quote]

It may be a joke, but there is a little truth behind every joke. Blowing this up to try to make us look bad is an obvious smear technique, which generally would have some motive behind it.

Edited by SirDelirium

[quote name='SirDelirium' date='15 May 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1273949200' post='2298939']
It may be a joke, but there is a little truth behind every joke. Blowing this up to try to make us look bad is an obvious smear technique, which generally would have some motive behind it.
[/quote]
Maybe it's realpolitik.

[quote name='SirDelirium' date='15 May 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1273949200' post='2298939']
Now this doesn't seem like a little bit of a jump too?

[/quote]

Heh. You quoted Alterego to back your theory.

Good luck to Facepunch.

[quote name='Alterego' date='15 May 2010 - 06:43 AM' timestamp='1273923762' post='2298616']
Im sure he was well aware of the potential consequences of what he was doing. Do yourself a favour and steer clear of UPN. They will take your tech and run away if you get attacked. Alliances like TOP, GOD, STA and MK would make much better allies.
[/quote]
...You cannot be the REAL AlterEgo.

[quote name='SirDelirium' date='15 May 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1273949200' post='2298939']
[/quote]

That was said by Alterego, who is not in GOD/RIA/anyone else involved in this fiasco. And frankly I'm not surprised that he'd accuse one of us of a war conspiracy, it's sorta his thing.

i'm not sure who to laugh at more... GOD for being [i]oh so offended[/i] (not like there's an agenda there, nooooo), Facepunch for getting stuck with UPN (then again, they don't know any better), or Greene for just registering random channels for !@#$% and giggles.

[quote name='hizzy' date='15 May 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1273955670' post='2299031']
i'm not sure who to laugh at more... GOD for being [i]oh so offended[/i] (not like there's an agenda there, nooooo), Facepunch for getting stuck with UPN (then again, they don't know any better), or Greene for just registering random channels for !@#$% and giggles.
[/quote]

He claimed that he "trademarked" 17 channels on Coldfront last night. #msn, #google, #politics, #olympics, #aol (lol) etc. :v:

[quote name='wickedj' date='15 May 2010 - 12:50 PM' timestamp='1273953001' post='2298986']
...You cannot be the REAL AlterEgo.
[/quote]

The fact that it IS the real AlterEgo should begin to clue you into the fact of how bad some feel UPN to be.

Im not suprised by those feelings tbh...

[quote name='Mixoux' date='15 May 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1273955399' post='2299028']
That was said by Alterego, who is not in GOD/RIA/anyone else involved in this fiasco. And frankly I'm not surprised that he'd accuse one of us of a war conspiracy, it's sorta his thing.
[/quote]

Well war ain't a bad thing, and this is pretty legit CB for war. Government member of UPN banning several leaders of various alliances from a channel he isn't supposed to have control over.

Roll UPN.

Edited by Batallion

[quote name='Batallion' date='15 May 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1273957512' post='2299045']
Well war ain't a bad thing, and this is pretty legit CB for war. Government member of UPN banning several leaders of various alliances from a channel he isn't supposed to have control over.

Roll UPN.
[/quote]
Yeah, actually we were supposed to be blitzing on UPN at update tonight but it turns out that I'm [i]really[/i] lazy and probably won't have the target lists done 'till the end of the month.

I for one think people should stop worrying about foreign alliances and foreign people and should focus on their own alliances and improving their alliance/ themslves and not go to the OWF to create dramaz.

[quote name='We Are Not Alone' date='15 May 2010 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1273960698' post='2299082']
I for one think people should stop worrying about foreign alliances and foreign people and should focus on their own alliances and improving their alliance/ themslves and not go to the OWF to create dramaz.
[/quote]
My dear, this is CN we live for the drama. If there where no drama we would be very bored and sad people.

I love how the first 3 pages sustained the debate without any UPN input. xD

Anyway, can all UPN members please stop posting here. This is a matter about a single member who is not government and has no influence in UPN doing what he thought would help an alliance who wanted his help and we do not need to respond. Any response we do make will simply be twisted and turned against us.

No more UPNers to post.

[quote name='We Are Not Alone' date='15 May 2010 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1273960698' post='2299082']
[/quote]
Without foreign affairs, [i]everyone's[/i] GPA. There's no real way to jump ahead of anyone because everyone would figure out the same growth patterns.

Basically, the only real "game changer" would be people quitting, which would happen all the time.

[quote name='Lukcia' date='15 May 2010 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1273963758' post='2299117']
I love how the first 3 pages sustained the debate without any UPN input. xD
[/quote]

Hey this is CN the peanut gallery is entirety self sustaining.

[quote]
This is a matter about a single member who is not government and has no influence in UPN doing what he thought would help an alliance who wanted his help and we do not need to respond. Any response we do make will simply be twisted and turned against us.
[/quote]

Uhh no dude, Greene be your MoD.

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='15 May 2010 - 04:19 PM' timestamp='1273965572' post='2299149']
[/quote]
UPN cutting off someone to avoid damage? That's unprecedented.

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='16 May 2010 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1273965572' post='2299149']
Hey this is CN the peanut gallery is entirety self sustaining.
[/quote]

He's actually not. Greene used to be the MoD before leaving to create the AA, Elite Nations. Since then he's rejoined UPN. Either way, life goes on and Facepunch are in control of the #facepunch channel :)

[quote name='Altheus' date='15 May 2010 - 04:49 PM' timestamp='1273967336' post='2299173']
He's actually not. Greene used to be the MoD before leaving to create the AA, Elite Nations. Since then he's rejoined UPN. Either way, life goes on and Facepunch are in control of the #facepunch channel :)
[/quote]
No, actually, he still has ops along with the two FP guys.

[quote name='Iserlohn' date='16 May 2010 - 12:54 PM' timestamp='1273967651' post='2299182']
No, actually, he still has ops along with the two FP guys.[/quote]
Interesting, does having ops mean you control the channel? Try ~

[quote name='Banksy' date='15 May 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1273968830' post='2299202']
Interesting, does having ops mean you control the channel? Try ~
[/quote]

Sorry, I tend to refer to ops as "@". One FP guy has ~ . Greene is still a channel operator.

[quote name='darkfox' date='15 May 2010 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1273969185' post='2299208']
"Oh no, we got kicked/banned from an IRC channel." That has never happened to me before!

Seriously guys, I really hope you are all just bored.
[/quote]
It's not that they were banned. It's the way the guy went about it.