Nexus Announcement 2

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting how quickly Methrage is switching from love for Jamez to hating him, but then I suppose that's what happens to all mad tyrants. You go from being the king's favorites to having your head on the block in an eyeblink and a whispered word

Edited by Lamuella

[quote name='Lamuella' date='29 April 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1272590039' post='2280642']
It's interesting how QUicklt Methrage is switching from love for Jamez to hating him, but then I suppose that's what happens to all mad tyrants. You go from being the king's favorites to having your head on the block in an eyeblink and a whispered word
[/quote]
He has no basis to claim control, it would be like me switching to the GOONS AA and claiming it as mine.

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1272590134' post='2280646']
He has no basis to claim control, it would be like me switching to the GOONS AA and claiming it as mine.
[/quote]
[quote name='Iserlohn' date='29 April 2010 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1272588441' post='2280585']
o/ our new viceroy.

First it was the needless aggravation of GOONS beyond necessity or even diplomatic prudence. At some point, nothing is getting accomplished. Then there was the changing of the alliance name. If we changed from Citadel because the name was taken, why did we switch to another taken name?

Even the posted charter still contains numerous references to the Citadel instead of the Nexus. These were clearly the mad actions of a tyrant. I again salute our new leader, may he lead us to greatness.
[/quote]
No basis but the support and love of the people, no doubt.

[quote name='Alonois' date='29 April 2010 - 09:00 PM' timestamp='1272589193' post='2280609']
Jamez drafted the charter and set up the initial forums we used. If you take an issue with this, then either you shouldn't have agreed to the quite reasonable portion of the charter or should have considered that, as an alliance leader, your duty is to your members not to yourself.
[/quote]
Nexus Charter

I. Admission

Members (known hereafter as "Vassals" are to swear an oath to uphold the virtues of Chivalry, Honor, Fraternity, and all other standards of conduct agreed upon by the Royal Court. (Agree to abide by our rules) There are to be no unlawful depredations upon those who have not been recognized as enemies of the crown. (No tech raiding)

II. Government and Organization

1. The Monarch (King or Queen) is the esteemed leader of Nexus and highest authority. The Monarch is the Principal Leader with the authority to declare war and sign treaties on behalf of the alliance, as well as holding any powers not specified by this charter.

2. The Dark Lord is the assistant to the Monarch, selected by the Monarch during his reign. In the Monarch's absence or for the purposes of negotiation, the Dark Lord may be temporarily delegated the powers of the Monarch.

3. Curia Regis (Royal Court)
These members are elected by popular vote for a term of 6 months, and during official proceedings the Viceroy may call the tie-breaking vote if needed.

The War Minister's duty is to ensure all vassals are prepared and trained in the arts of war. Should a conflict arise, it is the War Minister's duty to coordinate our actions at the direction of the Monarch and Royal Court.

The Trade Guildmaster is to assist members in the trade of natural goods, the buying and selling of technology, and the procurement and dispersal of aid in times of war and peace.

The Recruitment Officer is to be charged with seeking out new Vassals worthy of the Citadel, and to guide them toward greatness.

The Foreign Affairs Minister is to conduct and coordinate diplomacy in the name of the Citadel.

4. Knights of the Round Table are Vassals who have risen to a position of leadership, and will lead formations into battle. (Squad Leaders, for use during times of war; as we're a peaceful alliance) Their actions are directly commanded by the War Minister.

5. Vassals are to have voting rights, the protection of the Citadel, and be prepared to defend it. In order to vote vassals must be masked as a member on the forum and have their AA as Nexus in-game.

III. Duel System

Should a member of the Curia Regis not act in accordance with the virtues of Nexus, any member may challenge them in ritual combat to remove them from their post. (Result of ritual combat decided by member majority vote)

If the Monarch or Dark Lord is found to not act in accordance with the virtues of Nexus, they can either be challenged for their position by a member of the Curia Regis or any Vassal may bring forth a vote to remove the Monarch or Dark Lord from his position with a 2/3 majority vote.

IV. Amendment

This charter may be modified at any time with a 2/3 majority vote in favor.

Edited by Methrage

[color="#008000"][font="Times New Roman"]The difference in your analogy is whose head is on the block. I'm not even sure what MethRage is talking about. I'm definitely not a ghost and the vote was taken privately. Just like all of his decisions up until this one.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1272590134' post='2280646']
[/quote]
Support of the membership is how coups work.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the Nexus charter, right? You formed under the Citadel charter first, then you made this Nexus charter without asking the others, and that's part of the reason they made this announcement? That's my understanding

[quote name='JamezBfod' date='29 April 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1272590237' post='2280649']
[color="#008000"][font="Times New Roman"]The difference in your analogy is whose head is on the block. I'm not even sure what MethRage is talking about. I'm definitely not a ghost and the vote was taken privately. Just like all of his decisions up until this one.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

It would be this, Methrage. We're not going to announce our intentions to some man tyrant until we've organized ourselves. You've treated us as separate, why should we not do the same? Far more importantly, this reaction is indicative enough that you would have simply shut down any attempts to justly dethrone you.

Far more importantly, you alone are not the alliance. No one single member is. But we are, and we are the majority.

Edited by Alonois

If he was against changing the name to Citadel, switching the forum and switching to brown he should of said so rather than be silent on everything as he planned this. When we switched the name to Nexus I also no longer had him as gov, since he stopped responding by then. He also shouldn't of switched to Nexus if he was against that decision, could of stayed on the other AA.

He could of stayed on a different AA, ghosting Nexus does give him any authority. He's done nothing for the alliance or given his input since the name change.

Edited by Methrage

Sounds to me like most of your membership were perfectly happy being Citadel, and you tried to turn them into Nexus without their say-so.

how the tyrant whines as his power is taken away. How long before he realizes it was never his toy to play with?

Edited by Lamuella

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1272589880' post='2280634']
You can see he's not even using the Nexus name, now he switched to the Citadel along with his one supporter. He's trying to damage Nexus or take control and be a GOONS puppet. Under the charter to remove me I would of needed to be challenged for the position in a vote. Jamez skipped that and decided to go off on his own with one other member. (they're still ghosting us though)

Both have no protection from anyone though.
[/quote]
It sounds like you feel the winds of change and are performing damage control, while supporting aggressive actions against a nation under YOUR banner.

o/ JamezBfod

Edited by OrangeAvenger

[i]Nexus Announcement 2[/i] is the rare sequel which not only outshines its progenitor, it transforms it. As a standalone, [i]Nexus Announcement[/i] is a relatively dull piece, what drama it contained culled wholesale from other offerings, its pacing uneven, and its dialogue flat. But through the lens of [i]Nexus Announcement 2[/i], the original comes to life; treated not as a story in and of itself but as the prologue of a greater work, [i]Nexus Announcement[/i] is an elaborately set table, lulling the viewer into a comfortable place before the sequel sweeps everything you thought you knew away with gusto.

I, for one, eagerly anticipate what twists may come in the conclusion of the trilogy.

[quote name='Alonois' date='29 April 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1272590351' post='2280655']
It would be this, Methrage. We're not going to announce our intentions to some man tyrant until we've organized ourselves. You've treated us as separate, why should we not do the same? Far more importantly, this reaction is indicative enough that you would have simply shut down any attempts to justly dethrone you.

Far more importantly, you alone are not the alliance. No one single member is. But we are, and we are the majority.
[/quote]
No, you never did a vote. I see Jamez with two supporters so far, who I never trusted much anyways. You guys flew the AA but refused to help in the war or listen to any instructions.

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1272590833' post='2280669']
No, you never did a vote. I see Jamez with two supporters so far, who I never trusted much anyways. You guys flew the AA but refused to help in the war or listen to any instructions.
[/quote]

[color="#008000"][font="Times New Roman"]What war are you speaking of?[/font][/color]

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1272590833' post='2280669']
[/quote]

So you would have them help you, and get destroyed because of your rogue actions. That is amazing leadership there.

[quote name='dalstrs' date='29 April 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1272591003' post='2280674']
So you would have them help you, and get destroyed because of your rogue actions. That is amazing leadership there.
[/quote]

I actually wish they would have helped you, then I would have had a target in my range to attack.

[quote name='JamezBfod' date='29 April 2010 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1272590971' post='2280673']
[color="#008000"][font="Times New Roman"]What war are you speaking of?[/font][/color]
[/quote]
Any of them since you joined, all you've done is sit in peace mode claiming to be afraid of GOONS rushing you if you come out and you brought some other untrustworthy members with you from GOONS. No actual help though.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1272590833' post='2280669']
[/quote]

So you never trusted me enough to work me into your trade circle and never trusted Jamez enough to make in second in command?

Just because you change the name doesn't mean you change the structure of the alliance.

[quote name='dalstrs' date='29 April 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1272591003' post='2280674']
[/quote]
No, I didn't ask any of them except I asked Jamez if he could send one secret aid package since we were supposedly allies, but he refused even that and helping in anything after he recruited a few GOONS.

Edited by Methrage