Nexus Announcement 2

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='29 April 2010 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1272591455' post='2280691']
Was his trade circle already complete?
[/quote]

They had another original plan before it was changed up.

Also, a nation in peace mode can't send aid. And last I checked Jamez had pressure being put on him by GOONS to stay that way. Methrage, you should have taken the diplomatic route.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alonois' date='29 April 2010 - 06:34 PM' timestamp='1272591224' post='2280683']
So you never trusted me enough to work me into your trade circle and never trusted Jamez enough to make in second in command?

Just because you change the name doesn't mean you change the structure of the alliance.
[/quote]
Or never trusted me enough to offer a position in alliance government? Or never trusted Professor to actually make him a government member?

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' date='29 April 2010 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1272591204' post='2280680']
Not to be rude, but I don't know why you guys are even bothering with this when there's only 8 of you and you just got started. It'd make so much more sense to just go elsewhere.
[/quote]
Seems ridiculous he would do this to try getting claim on the alliance I founded along with name and flag when its not even a big alliance right now, I don't understand it myself.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Iserlohn' date='29 April 2010 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1272591619' post='2280698']
Or never trusted me enough to offer a position in alliance government? Or never trusted Professor to actually make him a government member?
[/quote]
The Professor is Director of Recruitment, I haven't seen reason to distrust him. (other than being ex-GOONS along with you guys of course, but he doesn't need to make the same decision)

Edited by Methrage

[color="#008000"][font="Times New Roman"]I don't really care for the flag. Or the bewildering name change. I would have been against it if we had had some sort of discussion about it. But we didn't, and here we are. Never change, Methrage. [/font][/color]

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1272591744' post='2280700']
The Professor is Director of Recruitment, I haven't seen reason to distrust him.
[/quote]

This is amazing. These traitors betrayed their homeland for an imbecile that trusts only those who agree with him. Good game guys.

E: for clarity
E2: for spelling. not my evening.

Edited by salithus

Regardless Jamez has never been gov in Nexus, I asked if he wanted to join when we switched AA's but never offered him a gov position. Whether he was ever a member of Nexus is questionable since he never signed up on the forum, but he never had voting rights or any power.

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 06:48 PM' timestamp='1272592094' post='2280704']
Regardless Jamez has never been gov in Nexus, I asked if he wanted to join when we switched AA's but never offered him a gov position. Whether he was ever a member of Nexus is questionable since he never signed up on the forum, but he never had voting rights or any power.
[/quote]

If you're gonna play semantic games and insist we were switching AA's and not just changing names:

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/263xxj6.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Iserlohn' date='29 April 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1272592351' post='2280708']
If you're gonna play semantic games and insist we were switching AA's and not just changing names:
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm actually going to have to agree with you here. An alliance that changes its name still is the same alliance. Also, I can see why you have given up on Methrage, but I do assure you he a better leader than you believe. I can understand your frustration with the situation, however.

Now, tell me, I assume Nexus is still under the protection of the NSO? Or are you forsaking that?[/color]

[color="#008000"][font="Times New Roman"]The only thing that is forsaken at this point is apparently Methrage. He didn't exactly give us a lot of notes about his diplomatic efforts so I'm trying to figure out where everything is at.[/font][/color]

I wouldn't consider that treaty to protect any of those 3 who have tried couping me with this thread. You can tell who the real members are because they switched to brown, the spies for GOONS all stayed on black.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1272592949' post='2280721']
I wouldn't consider that treaty to protect any of those 3 who have tried couping me with this thread. You can tell who the real members are because they switched to brown, the spies for GOONS all stayed on black.
[/quote]

So you made Professor government even though he wasn't a "real member"?

Strange criterion you got there.

[quote name='JamezBfod' date='29 April 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1272592857' post='2280718']
[color="#008000"][font="Times New Roman"]The only thing that is forsaken at this point is apparently Methrage. He didn't exactly give us a lot of notes about his diplomatic efforts so I'm trying to figure out where everything is at.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
You refused to sign up at the forum, so you can't see anything including the treaty.

[quote name='Iserlohn' date='29 April 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1272593059' post='2280723']
So you made Professor government even though he wasn't a "real member"?

Strange criterion you got there.
[/quote]
The Professor actually signed up at the forum and took an interest in helping with the alliance. Most of you are still not signed up or just did today.

I'm not going to rush to conclusions on him.

Edited by Methrage

[color="#0000FF"]Now, I really do have to hate to defend GOONS, as I don't like them any better than you, but I really doubt they would have gone through all this trouble to spy on you. To be fair you're just one person and Citadel had no other members at the time. They were more likely just messing with you, or they really did get upset with GOONS and left. Although as others raised in the other discussion, if that is the case it is suspect that GOONS didn't attack them. They did leave to join the enemy, after all.

I for one would like to hear an explanation.[/color]

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1272593063' post='2280724']
You refused to sign up at the forum, so you can't see anything including the treaty.
[/quote]
[color="#008000"][font="Times New Roman"]
Well could you forward it to me because I think it's pretty important.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Uralica' date='29 April 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1272593080' post='2280725']
Now my head [i]really[/i] hurts. :wacko:

Good luck getting this all sorted out, Nexus.
[/quote]

Thank you for your kind words. It is my sincere hope that we can begin the process of healing now that Methrage is no longer in a position to do us harm.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='29 April 2010 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1272592702' post='2280715']
[color="#0000FF"]I'm actually going to have to agree with you here. An alliance that changes its name still is the same alliance. Also, I can see why you have given up on Methrage, but I do assure you he a better leader than you believe. I can understand your frustration with the situation, however.

Now, tell me, I assume Nexus is still under the protection of the NSO? Or are you forsaking that?[/color]
[/quote]

For the moment, yes. We're looking into this.

[quote name='JamezBfod' date='29 April 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1272592857' post='2280718']
[/quote]
So many times I tried getting you invovled in the discussions about the protectorate, charter, switching to brown, switching AA, yet you didn't care to respond or give an opinion on it then, I even PMed you in-game many times. Its obvious to me that you were never really loyal to Citadel, after you were still in peace mode after 5 days and wouldn't respond is when it became more obvious.

Edit: I figured you were leaving when I got this message back after asking if you were still with us,
[quote]
No. You're going about things far too unilaterally. I don't like it. First the name change out of nowhere, then making everyone switch to brown without any discussion, and general small things throughout.

I'm beginning to think this was a mistake. [/quote]

When I'm the only active Gov member and the second in command is inactive I need to do things unilateral to get things done. I got a protectorate like people wanted, not sure what your hoping to achieve. You likely have a deal with GOONS motivating you. Even on the old forum there were threads about switching to brown, the name change, and protectorate. You didn't respond to any iirc

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Jrenster' date='29 April 2010 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1272593362' post='2280737']
For the moment, yes. We're looking into this.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I thought so. This situation really is quite ridiculous, and I stand by that statement.

Anyway, Methrage, might I suggest you take the hint and look into peace with GOONS? They may offer you some unreasonable terms, if so, then continue. If not, accept and move on. I am sure they are as tired of this as I am. I must say I do enjoy a good show from now on, and I put on quite a few, but I am a man of limited stamina, and I am sure others are as well. It can only go on for so long before it becomes rather tiresome.

So, my advice to you is to get peace. Rebuild and build Nexus. If the former GOONS don't wish to follow them (I still don't know their story, but anything I say is just speculation until proven otherwise and their word is as good as mine) then forget them. Recruit new people, and do without the GOONS. If some wish to stay and follow, let them. But really, it may be best for all to just look for peace with GOONS and focus on building Nexus.

I can tell you that your supporters will only do so for so long. Well, actively support you with words. It is the case everywhere. Sooner or later it will just be you and GOONS, who will likely be tired of arguing or even talking at all. Trust me on this. I have been in this situation many times prior.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='29 April 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1272593721' post='2280743']
[color="#0000FF"]I can tell you that your supporters will only do so for so long. Well, actively support you with words. It is the case everywhere. Sooner or later it will just be you and GOONS, who will likely be tired of arguing or even talking at all. Trust me on this. I have been in this situation many times prior.[/color]
[/quote]

Grammar check here - do you mean to say at not one, but [i]many[/i] times in the past, you - [i]Rebel Virginia[/i] - were tired of talking? I'm voting the "who" only applies to GOONS and you are speculating that MethRage will never tire of his own voice, like yourself.