Nexus Announcement 2

[quote name='JamezBfod' date='29 April 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1272598869' post='2280901']
Yeah, no, Nexus ceased to exist about an hour ago. I dunno what all this fuss is about.
[/quote]
3 members that were former GOONS and held no gov positions left. You makes us mostly brown and you guys weren't cooperative towards anything, so its no real loss. You were just slightly useful for the stats, but I never counted on you coming out of peace mode or helping. If you think you made Nexus who had no reputation look bad with this, GOONS just further showed the low quality of their membership and lack of trustworthiness to the world.

Edited by Methrage

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='29 April 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1272595287' post='2280785']
[color="#0000FF"]Oh my, that is delicious. Thank you. I especially like the part with Lamuella claims to be the sole beacon of logic and reason is his "sad menagerie" of an alliance. And to think he chides me for having a bit of an ego.[/color]
[/quote]

[ooc]it was a quote from one of the many insane emails Lowtax gets at the Something Awful forums. It seemed like a fun one to use[/ooc]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='29 April 2010 - 10:43 PM' timestamp='1272598979' post='2280908']
[color="#0000FF"]Nexus still exists. With or without you ex-ex-GOONS it exists. Methrage is still present, as are two other non-GOONS. Nexus will survive.[/color]

[/quote]
That's ridiculous, it would be like when the Soviet Union fell, 3 guys show up and say "No Wait!WE'RE the Soviet Union!" And expect to be recognized for it.

Edited by OrangeAvenger

[quote name='Sardonic' date='29 April 2010 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1272598938' post='2280903']
Thanks for over-explaining the joke Tim Buckley.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Buckley is not my surname. Nice try though.

And Jamez, I have no intention of joining either Nexus or GOONS. As I have stated many times, I am quite content to be a member in the RIA.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='29 April 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1272598472' post='2280890']
[color="#0000FF"]Also, I believe this confirms my suspicions that GOONS was just joking with these dissidents all the time. I did have my hopes, but I knew it was too good to be true.[/color]
[/quote]

ah, rebel virginia, so exceptionally wise after the event. How many days ago was it that you were declaring that you'd always respected Jamez and his compatriots?

[quote name='Lamuella' date='29 April 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1272599434' post='2280927']
ah, rebel virginia, so exceptionally wise after the event. How many days ago was it that you were declaring that you'd always respected Jamez and his compatriots?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Respect comes and goes. I merely figured I would give him and his band of merry fellows the benefit of the doubt, despite it being more than they deserved. I always did have my doubts, however.[/color]

[quote name='Daikos' date='29 April 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1272599163' post='2280917']
Sad but necessary.

Also, entirely hilarious.
[/quote]
I think that might of been one of the main condition of the terms they mentioned, if they found this entertaining at all I expect them to peace out their wars. :P

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='29 April 2010 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1272599532' post='2280931']
[color="#0000FF"]Respect comes and goes. I merely figured I would give him and his band of merry fellows the benefit of the doubt, despite it being more than they deserved. I always did have my doubts, however.[/color]
[/quote]
[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='21 April 2010 - 10:15 AM' timestamp='1271870136' post='2269239']
[color="#0000FF"]I have always acknowledged those individuals as being the best that GOONS had to offer.[/color]
[/quote]
Oh boy, that sure is some benefit.

Edit: Here's a better one
[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='21 April 2010 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1271891387' post='2269764']
[color="#0000FF"]I have always silently acknowledged that they are men of character. Even when I disagreed with their words I knew that they were men of honor. Tell me, where have I ever said otherwise. Unlike the rest of GOONS I knew that they were more than just spoiled children.[/color]
[/quote]

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1272599624' post='2280932']
I think that might of been one of the main condition of the terms they mentioned, if they found this entertaining at all I expect them to peace out their wars. :P
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I wouldn't expect so much from them.

Furthermore, to you GOONS who say Nexus is no more, just because members leave an alliance does not mean it ceases to be. I know GOONS has lost members before. Do those members have the right to dissolve GOONS? I didn't think so.[/color]

[quote name='ktarthan' date='29 April 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1272599692' post='2280935']
Oh boy, that sure is some benefit.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I am a generous man.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='29 April 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1272599755' post='2280937']
[color="#0000FF"]I wouldn't expect so much from them.

Furthermore, to you GOONS who say Nexus is no more, just because members leave an alliance does not mean it ceases to be. I know GOONS has lost members before. Do those members have the right to dissolve GOONS? I didn't think so.[/color]
[/quote]
I recruited a new loyal member situated on brown like he should be earlier today, I consider these guys revealing their true selves and leaving the AA a good thing. I would of rather they just left without making joke announcements like these, but at least they are gone now from the AA. New better members will replace them.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='30 April 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1272599995' post='2280945']
I recruited a new loyal member situated on brown like he should be earlier today, I consider these guys revealing their true selves and leaving the AA a good thing. I would of rather they just left without making joke announcements like these, but at least they are gone now from the AA. New better members will replace them.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Indeed. Better they had shown themselves now rather than later, when they could have done some real harm. But yes, as I said, Nexus will live on. So what if they get a cheap laugh? They have accomplished nothing.[/color]

[quote name='KainIIIC' date='29 April 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1272599785' post='2280938']
hate to say it Meth, but I think you just got out-lulzed

[img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/467/nsosmugsmall.png[/img]
[/quote]
It didn't actually hurt Nexus though, them temporarily joining mainly just weakened GOONS argument I was rogue.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='29 April 2010 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1272599532' post='2280931']
[/quote]

sure you did. Why, you expressed them here:

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='21 April 2010 - 06:22 AM' timestamp='1271848916' post='2269043']
[color="#0000FF"]Seems GOONS has lost three of its more respectable members today. Three of the most rational as well. Pretty soon you'll just be left with the low of the low, with no redeeming qualities. Yes, that worked out well for your predecessor too.[/color]
[/quote]

and here:

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='21 April 2010 - 12:08 PM' timestamp='1271869704' post='2269231']
[color="#0000FF"]You have lost three quality members. Respectable members. That is just the beginning. And in an alliance such as your own those are assets you cannot afford to lose. Never mind the fact most of your members are new and inactive. But if you wish to use them to bolster your opinion of your alliance, go right ahead. I can see them for what they are.[/color]
[/quote]

and here:

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='21 April 2010 - 12:15 PM' timestamp='1271870136' post='2269239']
[color="#0000FF"]I have always acknowledged those individuals as being the best that GOONS had to offer.[/color]
[/quote]

and here:

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='21 April 2010 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1271891387' post='2269764']
[color="#0000FF"]I have always silently acknowledged that they are men of character. Even when I disagreed with their words I knew that they were men of honor. Tell me, where have I ever said otherwise. Unlike the rest of GOONS I knew that they were more than just spoiled children.[/color]
[/quote]

boy, our daddies must have been windows, what with you seeing through us like this.

[color="#0000FF"]As I said, I am a generous man. A trusting man. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and defended them against the sling and arrows of an outraged GOONS. I do not like it when my generosity and trust is abused, and I assure you that those members and traitors of you shall reap what they have sowed. Sooner or later the consequences of their trickery will catch up with them. They cannot run from me forever.[/color]

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1272600121' post='2280951']
It didn't actually hurt Nexus though, them temporarily joining mainly just weakened GOONS argument I was rogue.
[/quote]
How does this work? Please explain to me this.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='29 April 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1272600272' post='2280956']
[color="#0000FF"]As I said, I am a generous man. A trusting man. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and defended them against the sling and arrows of an outraged GOONS. I do not like it when my generosity and trust is abused, and I assure you that those members and traitors of you shall reap what they have sowed. Sooner or later the consequences of their trickery will catch up with them. They cannot run from me forever.[/color]
[/quote]
You are a blind fool, even now you cling to Methrage, as his rage and stupidity reaches its apex.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='29 April 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1272600272' post='2280956']
[/quote]

There's "Benefit of the doubt" and "I have always respected these men".

I am curious what you respected in me. What can I say, I share your narcissism some days. Was it my statement that honor has no place in war? That an alliance does not exist if it cannot levy sufficient power to force people to respect its sovereignty? Or when I called you a narcissist? I never took back any of that when I switched, just added that my loyalties lie with Jamez.

[quote name='Bloodjewel' date='29 April 2010 - 11:05 PM' timestamp='1272600322' post='2280959']
How does this work? Please explain to me this.
[/quote]

well, you see, we were claiming that he was a rogue, and he was claiming he had an alliance, so his alliance turning out to not support him at all strengthens his case because...

...I got nothin

[quote name='Lamuella' date='30 April 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1272600126' post='2280952']
sure you did. Why, you expressed them here:

and here:

and here:

and here:

boy, our daddies must have been windows, what with you seeing through us like this.
[/quote]
Its interesting how all 3 of them seemingly destroyed their credibility at once, so now anyone who knows what they pulled will doubt their intentions if they try joining other alliances. I'm not sure it was worth it for them. They temporarily inflated the Nexus NS, then when they left it got corrected and nothing was accomplished except maybe a few people got lulz.

Even with them leaving I had enough time to get more members now than when Jamez joined.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1272600444' post='2280970']
Its interesting how all 3 of them seemingly destroyed their credibility at once, so now anyone who knows what they pulled will doubt their intentions if they try joining other alliances. I'm not sure it was worth it for them. They temporarily inflated the Nexus NS, then when they left it got corrected and nothing was accomplished except maybe a few people got lulz.

Even with them leaving I had enough time to have more members now than when Jamez joined.
[/quote]
I do not think you quite understand how lulz work.
Again, can you explain to me my previous question? It is relevant and on topic.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='30 April 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1272600357' post='2280961']
RV, in order for you to successfully appear wise after the event, you have to have a reputation for at least occasionally being [i]right[/i] about things. Just showing up and saying "yeah, I knew that was going to happen" isn't enough.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I do have that reputation. As anyone can tell you when I first began explaining to people that the NPO was planning to betray Polaris I was labeled mad. Oh, how right I was. And yes, I did this long before "De Profundis." It is not my fault that people do not listen. If they did, who knows, maybe they might learn a thing or two.[/color]