TORN Q&A

[quote name='elborrador' date='11 April 2010 - 07:16 PM' timestamp='1271027771' post='2256675']
TORN has lost a bunch of members over the last while (i don't know how long its been tbh, but the last time i checked you were steady around 100 members) how has this effected your decisions and do you believe its hurt the stability of your alliance?
[/quote]

Just to pick up on what bigwoody has said, certainly there have been some changes made as we have shrunk in size. We have had to adapt to this size and restructure. I think the switch in charter back in August (iirc) has certainly helped us adapt. One of the things that has happened is that we have become a lot more informal now. We have a group of 30ish very experienced and dedicated members, which has somewhat blurred the lines of gov and member. With our smaller numbers we are typically able to come to decisions based on consensus.

We have a very active strong group of members who are with us through thick and thin. Like woody mentioned we all have been together through this last major war and had a staggeringly low attrition rate during our 2 months of war. I think it is fair to say that most people who are with us now, are going to be with us through hell or high water, and I wouldn't trade that relationship for anything.

Edited by Lord Curzon

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SpectreTehDestroyer' date='11 April 2010 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1271032507' post='2256754']
Will TORN be considering a treaty with Pacifica when they come out of terms?

Has the thought crossed your mind?

Thanks in advance!
[/quote]
No.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='11 April 2010 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1271033204' post='2256770']
At your worst point after Karma, was disbandment ever considered?[/quote]
Briefly. It was shot down decisively.

[quote]After the Karma debacle did any of your non-NPO allies have any trust issues with you, or did they understand your course of action?
[/quote]
Some did, those made up some of the uglier cancellations. So be it, really, trust is the backbone of a good allegiance. In the end we found a smaller group of true allies, with relationships built around mutual trust.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='11 April 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1271033563' post='2256776']
Briefly. It was shot down decisively.
[/quote]

I can assure all members of cybernation's general public that this was an excellent thread.

[quote name='Natan' date='11 April 2010 - 08:08 PM' timestamp='1271034469' post='2256787']
I can assure all members of cybernation's general public that this was an excellent thread.
[/quote]
I believe it went something like "hey we (some group of members) are leaving, and because we are going you might as well disband".

It was indeed quite bizarre to see. I am glad disbandment did not occur, especially after witnessing these men and women stand up for each other last war.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='11 April 2010 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1271034634' post='2256791']
Ninjas. Plus opinion. Equals me satisfied. (Trying to contribute)[/quote]
Well since you're always in the shadows, I have no idea :unsure:

You owe me 100 answers.

[quote]Also, yes, we're paying IRON. ^_^
[/quote]
I figured you as the type to make right on things.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='11 April 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1271034633' post='2256790']
I believe it went something like "hey we (some group of members) are leaving, and because we are going you might as well disband".

It was indeed quite bizarre to see. I am glad disbandment did not occur, especially after witnessing these men and women stand up for each other last war.
[/quote]

Not really, Imperator, Quinoa and I were far at the tail end to leave, and so it was more "shoot it before it bleeds a long painful death"

But hey you have access to the forums.

[quote name='Natan' date='11 April 2010 - 08:13 PM' timestamp='1271034815' post='2256797']
Not really, Imperator, Quinoa and I were far at the tail end to leave, and so it was more "shoot it before it bleeds a long painful death"

But hey you have access to the forums.
[/quote]
I do indeed. I'm glad we listened to people who cared.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' date='11 April 2010 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1271037345' post='2256857']
In light of the last big war, how do you anticipate the shift of power on Planet Bob?[/quote]
Its hard to predict. There are a few possible fissures, but they're unlikely to develop for a few months time. When NPO comes out of terms, I bet things will get interesting.

[quote]What do you think about color team coordination/consolidation? Worth it or a waste of time?[/quote]
Noble goal, difficult to execute. My hope for orange is to simply see fair treatment, no sanction wars, terms that drive people off the color, etc. So far it has been a success but I am still keeping my fingers crossed.

[quote]Do you have any new structural changes in store?[/quote]
More streamlining, and a few new approaches to preparing. We did well last war, but also identified weaknesses that are now a high priority to address.

[quote]Also, Zenith <3 TORN
[/quote]
TORN less than three Zenith

[quote name='shilo' date='12 April 2010 - 11:24 AM' timestamp='1271024652' post='2256617']
How many billions can TORN move on a single day?
How much dongs would that be per minute?

What makes you a special awesome bunch, except hrt emote posts?
[/quote]

Just over half a billion per cycle.

Seriously though, our slots right now are sitting at about 90% full. Not bad I'd say.

[quote name='Ezequiel' date='12 April 2010 - 11:39 AM' timestamp='1271025562' post='2256636']
With the reparations of your surrender, when do you guys expect to pay them all off... Or at least, when do you want them to be paid off?

You guys are doing great, keep up the good work.

Ezequiel.
[/quote]

4 to 5 cycles will see all our Reps paid off.
Thanks.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='11 April 2010 - 09:32 PM' timestamp='1271039551' post='2256906']
How do you feel about the dozen new micro alliances that appear every couple days? Also does Bigwoody miss his days working as a towel boy at my hot tub?
[/quote]
I think a lot of alliances form with no hope of success, impulsively clouding things up. On the flip side...

(OOC)This is a game. People should find a group of other players they get along with, and who make this game enjoyable. If forming your own alliance helps make the game more fulfilling, have it at. But please, make sure you know what you're doing.(OOC)